• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Unlike an Athena: Here Are My Favorite Ideas

Spoiler Tag 1

ChestBurster

Getting sticky.
How many posts to get rid of the flavored text under my profile? I shall never know.
How do I do invisitext? I am sure I managed it once but I cannot for the life of me seem to remember.

"Original Ideas, Inspiring Quotes, Derivative Notes, Impressive Diatribes, Aggressive Recants, Enthusiastic Dissertation, Glorious Speeches, Infamous Repudiations, Childish Address and Embroiling Ad Hominem"

"There are no happy endings
Endings are the saddest part
So give me a happy middle
And a very happy start."
- Shel Silverstein

"True happiness comes from expression and not impression."
- Christian Wurlishmouk

Skein - group of duck

"If you believe a thing is right, then you should be willing to do it yourself, and if you believe a thing is wrong, then it doesn't matter if you do it, or just let someone else do it."
- "The Student", a Worm fanfic by BeaconHill

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a crib house whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
- James D. Nicoll

Aura Creed Release
Desperate, out of options, Jaune pressed his hand to her chest and grit his teeth.
"For it is in passing that we achieve immortality. Through this, we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all. Infinite in distance and unbound by deat-argh!" (I release your soul, and by my hand... Release thee).
"For it is in failure that we achieve immortality. Through this, we are bound to our task, an endless quest without pause or rest. Cursed by duty and unbound by time, I release your soul, and by my hand… condemn thee."

"Grant me the courage to change what I can, the serenity to accept what I cannot, and the wisdom to know the difference."

"I believe the measure of a man is in what he does with no options: whether he takes the easy road, or the hard road. Or the nonexistent road."
- Ajax, "Maharal" a Worm fanfic by joethirteen

"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference."
- Anon

"There is an african proverb.
A child who is not embraced by the village
Will burn it down to feel its warmth."
- Nakokunu

"I see that you are skilled in what you term politics. When the facts are on your side, argue the facts. When the law is with you, rely on the law. When all you have is fear and gossip, let your lips curdle the world."
- Harriden Whent, "Wizard of Harrenhal", a Harry Potter and Game of Thrones fanfic crossover by DisobedienceWriter

"All truth passes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
- Arthur Schopenhauer

"Give me some sunshine
Give me some rain
Give me another chance
I wanna grow up once again.."

"Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream.
If you see your otp don't forget to scream."

"You ever want to change the world, Hakram?"
He laughed quietly. "World's always changing, Callow. We roll the boulder up the mountain until it falls down the other slope, and then we start again. If you're lucky, it doesn't crush anything you care for on the way down."
"And that's all we can hope for?" I grimaced. "Not to be crushed?"
"For people like me?" Hakram gravelled. "Yeah. It is. But you're not like me, Callow. For some reason, you seem to think you can fix this mess. I don't know if you really can. Hells, I don't know if anyone can." I could feel him smile without looking. "But I'd like to see you try."
- Hakram "Deadhand" of the Howling Wolves, "Guide To Evil" by ErraticErrata (David Verburg)

"... reminds me of a quote, 'Hatred is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies', I know that kind of anger so well, the kind that tears at everything and clears a path."
- Daniel de Dios (commenter), "Wandering Inn" by pirateaba

Power and Wealth
"Don't let it define you
Don't let it corrupt you
Don't let it blind you."

"A wise man can learn more from his enemies than a fool from his friends."
–Niki Lauda (Rush)

"Every man dies, but not every man really lives."
–William Wallace (Braveheart)

"In considering people's motivations for killing themselves, it is essential to recognize that most suicides are driven by a flash flood of strong emotions, not rational, philosophical thoughts in which the pros and cons are evaluated critically."
- Jesse Bering

"You know, the ancient Egyptians had a beautiful belief about death. When their souls got to the entrance to heaven, the guards asked two questions. Their answers determined whether they were able to enter or not. 'Have you found joy in your life?' 'Has your life brought joy to others?'"
–Carter Chambers (The Bucket List)

Governor Tarkin:
"Princess Leia, before your execution, you will join me at a ceremony. No star system will dare oppose the Emperor now."
Princess Leia :
"The more you tighten your grip Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."
- Leia to Tarkin in Episode 4, Star Wars

"The worst thing you can do is focus on negativity. It won't spare you from the cage of death, the pain of disease, the cruelty of time, the cold shell of human nature or the eventual loss of everything you've ever held dear."
- With This Ring, a DC Lantern fanfic by MrZoat

"Sending an order to Vesra to lead the evacuated goblins and servants further away from the fires, I take a moment to appreciate the power of fire.
Because holy fuck is that a lot of screaming."

Taylor - "I was born in the wrong universe! I was supposed to be a shonen protagonist all along! Now watch as I escalate in an improbable fashion to match then exceed my current opponent!"
- Pyrotech51

"...all is fair in love and war, and if they didn't want to get caught in a forest fire they shouldn't have entered a forest."
- A Gamer's Guide To Freedom

"Your Mind betrays you. Reject it.
Your Body is broken. Change it.
Your World is shattered. Rebuild it.
The Future awaits you. Seize it."
- The Broken Creed

Matter and Antimatter Entities
"The Butcher and the Berserker, both aspects of fury, you would think they'd enjoy murdering everything together, but the Butcher hated the Berserker, and the Berserker hated everything. The Butcher's rage always had a reason behind it. It sought hosts that had a reason to be angry and gave them the power to express that anger. The Berserker was anger without reason. It raged without discrimination. Madness incarnate without direction or purpose.
Ophidian and Esurian, despite the forms they took, seemed to ignore each other. Ophidian's host grinning widely as an orange bowed weapon manifested in orange light. Esurian, a shrew looking thing, simply gorged its hunger on the radiation thrown off of the sun of Anti-Life's homeworld. Esurian was a continuance of the trend of similar but different. Hunger without satiation. The Ophidian was all about sating desire, and tended to move on when her hosts had run out of things to want.
Parallax and Symetorus, oddly enough, seemed amendable. The insectoid creature protecting the rabbit shaped manifestation of mindless Panic.
Ion and Natom too ignored each other. Natom's Drive being somewhat distasteful to Ion but not unacceptably so. Ion tended to let the host retain control, and her host was the only one present fighting on his own initiative. Significantly more intelligent than any of our hosts, and the only one to have volunteered with the full knowledge and understanding of what was to come. He was incredibly willful on his own, the blue creature had a natural affinity for wielding light. Natom on the other hand, directed the host's actions indirectly. Where ion lent power, Natom forced power into the host as a reward and punishment to accomplish its objectives. Obey and be given power. Resist and the very power the host is granted will tear their own mind apart. Natom considered hosts expendable, and treated them as such.
Adara and Kipaon got along at first, until Kipaon revealed its true colors. Adara inspired selfless hope for the purpose of uplifting others. Kipaon was also one to inspire, but was perfectly fine with inspiring hope, true or false, dangling it in front of others to bend their actions for its own purpose. Selfish Aspiration.
Proselyte actively avoided Evangel, distinctly uncomfortable with his cold calculating gaze. Proselyte felt the emotions of others, was capable of understanding others by experiencing the universe as others did. And what Proselyte saw from Evangel clearly disturbed him. Evangel felt… nothing of normal emotion as we saw it. His empathy was born of pure cognition. He understood on an intellectual level how people worked, and could act on that understanding to horrifying effect. Where Proselyte could use other lights, Evangel made his light act like others. A subtle difference, but a definite one.
The last two among us, the Predator and the Devourer were… well… altogether too similar for their own good. The Predator was a creature of love, passions, and action in accordance to those. The Devourer was pure animalistic lust, and the results should have been predictable in hindsight. Those two were forcibly separated and kept on opposite ends of our impromptu battle line."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back