1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Discussion in 'General' started by Ack, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Threadmarks: Vote 31: Recoil
    Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

And the winner is ...

Okay, guys, we had two votes for The Slippery Slope, despite my asking people not to do this.

Votes for something not on the list will not make me write it any faster. What I'm going to do is apply those two votes (comprising 7 vote points) to the voting choice that has the lowest total on the list, after votes have been counted. This will be I, Panacea.

I appreciate all the votes, but it would be nice if you could vote for something on the list. Thanks.

Aftermath 344
    All Unaware 173
    Bait & Switch 378
    Brian & Aisha 255
    Confrontation 87
    Danny & Taylor 199
    I, Panacea 62
    Junior Hero 472
    MirrorVerse 164
    NSW 258
    One More Trigger 189
    Really Bad End 156
    Recoil 0 (529)
    Security! 163
    Trump Card 352

[If you want to know which of these stories is NSFW, check the first post of the thread..]

Climbing back into the 500+ vote point counts.

Junior Hero looks set to be up next, and Trump Card is coming on strong. After that ... well Bait & Switch is the only one in the 300 range after that.

For anyone who hasn't voted on this thread before, the voting rules go as follows:

Vote format looks like this:

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
    Navrin likes this.
  2. Threadmarks: Vote 32: Junior Hero
    Ack

And the winner is ...

Thanks for the great voter turnout.

cp252 - due to the fact that you had formatting on your vote, none of your votes made it through. However, I was ready for this, and entered them manually. Next time, when you cast a vote, look at the BBcode and remove all formatting on your vote, including fonts. Otherwise, it just might not make it through.

Aftermath 385
    All Unaware 194
    Bait & Switch 385
    Brian & Aisha 264
    Confrontation 139
    Danny & Taylor 214
    I, Panacea 121
    Junior Hero 0 (497)
    MirrorVerse 164
    NSW 322
    One More Trigger 220
    Really Bad End 162
    Recoil 64
    Security! 226
    Trump Card 450

[If you want to know which of these stories is NSFW, check the first post of the thread..]

It is indeed Junior Hero, followed by Trump Card, then what looks to be either Aftermath or possibly NSW. Bait & Switch is in the 300 range too, but given that Aftermath just caught up with it, and NSW is getting more than either one, it will probably be NSW, Aftermath, then Security!, then maybe Bait & Switch.

For anyone who hasn't voted on this thread before, the voting rules go as follows:

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

3. Threadmarks: Vote 33: Trump Card
    Ack

Another great voter turnout.

However, just a quick note. Security! has an exclamation mark attached. Fishyface and Feiron please take note.

Aftermath 427
    All Unaware 217
    Bait & Switch 401
    Brian & Aisha 276
    Confrontation 193
    Danny & Taylor 227
    I, Panacea 188
    Junior Hero 19
    MirrorVerse 179
    NSW 384
    One More Trigger 246
    Really Bad End 171
    Recoil 142
    Security! 286
    Trump Card 0 (531)

To be honest, anything's possible right now. Not even going to try to judge this one.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Navrin and Chojomeka like this.
  4. Threadmarks: Vote 34: Aftermath
    Ack

Just a quick note. People are starting to get lazy with formatting. AntonioCC and ArbaletShot , your votes had errors which made it harder to count.

Thanks, as always, for voting.

Aftermath 0 (484)
    All Unaware 236
    Bait & Switch 410
    Brian & Aisha 277
    Confrontation 247
    Danny & Taylor 240
    I, Panacea 256
    Junior Hero 42
    MirrorVerse 191
    NSW 433
    One More Trigger 275
    Really Bad End 180
    Recoil 211
    Security! 349
    Trump Card 67

Aftermath, but NSW is close behind.

Yup.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Snake/Eater, steamrick and Navrin like this.
  5. Threadmarks: Vote 35: NSW
    Ack

cp252 , your votes were counted, but your I, Panacea vote has an extra space between the name and the dash, which makes it get counted separately. defuse00 , you have no space before the dash. Would it be possible to fix these?

Saphrae , sorry, still not taking votes for The Slippery Slope. Soon, though.

Note that any BBcode at all around the vote will invalidate it. This includes quoting a previous vote, and applying font changes.

Aftermath 41
    All Unaware 250
    Bait & Switch 417
    Brian & Aisha 292
    Confrontation 311
    Danny & Taylor 254
    I, Panacea 326
    Junior Hero 69
    MirrorVerse 208
    NSW 0 (479)
    One More Trigger 306
    Really Bad End 192
    Recoil 266
    Security! 411
    Trump Card 152

Well, that was Aftermath, and now it's NSW, with Security! coming up fast, and Bait & Switch the favourite after that.

.In other news: the next chapter for Aftermath will be its last. I will be finishing that story, and bringing in The Slippery Slope, just as I intend to bring in Nemesis to replace Brian & Aisha after that story's next (and final) chapter.

Anyway, thanks again for voting, and I hope you enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Navrin likes this.
  6. Threadmarks: Vote 36: Security!
    Ack

I notice that votes for Brian & Aisha have gone up. I wonder why it's so popular all of a sudden? :p

Note that any BBcode at all around the vote will invalidate it. This includes quoting a previous vote, and applying font changes.

Aftermath 104
    All Unaware 264
    Bait & Switch 433
    Brian & Aisha 318
    Confrontation 373
    Danny & Taylor 263
    I, Panacea 400
    Junior Hero 86
    MirrorVerse 215
    NSW 36
    One More Trigger 331
    Really Bad End 197
    Recoil 340
    Security! 0 (482)
    Trump Card 215

... or I, Panacea might just edge it out, depending on how much each of them gets.

After that, Recoil has just hit the 300s, with Confrontation and One More Trigger looking good for a follow-up. Then maybe - just maybe - Trump Card comes around again.

Anyway, thanks again for voting, and I hope you enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Navrin likes this.
  7. Threadmarks: Vote 37: I, Panacea
    Ack

Just a note: Security! has an exclamation mark on the end. Saphrae and JMHthe3rd please take note :)

Aftermath 183
    All Unaware 284
    Bait & Switch 449
    Brian & Aisha 343
    Confrontation 442
    Danny & Taylor 282
    I, Panacea 0 (484)
    Junior Hero 107
    MirrorVerse 230
    NSW 87
    One More Trigger 353
    Really Bad End 206
    Recoil 429
    Security! 62
    Trump Card 310

Which it did.

Looking good to edge out Bait & Switch and Confrontation next round, given that it's now in the four hundreds.

I'm thinking after Confrontation, it'll be Trump Card then One More Trigger.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Navrin likes this.
  8. Threadmarks: Vote 38: Recoil
    Ack

Just a note: Security! has an exclamation mark on the end. Addlcove please take note :)

Aftermath 258
    All Unaware 306
    Bait & Switch 472
    Brian & Aisha 364
    Confrontation 504
    Danny & Taylor 310
    I, Panacea 70
    Junior Hero 131
    MirrorVerse 240
    NSW 138
    One More Trigger 391
    Really Bad End 223
    Recoil 0 (524)
    Security! 127
    Trump Card 415

... blasting through into the five hundreds ...

I'm thinking after Confrontation, it'll be Trump Card then One More Trigger.

With Confrontation just tipped into the 500s, it's good for the next one, unless Bait & Switch manages to edge it out. After that ... Trump Card is rapidly working its way up the ranks, followed by One More Trigger.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Navrin and Twilight666 like this.
  9. Threadmarks: Vote 39: Confrontation
    Ack

Aftermath 325
    All Unaware 330
    Bait & Switch 493
    Brian & Aisha 386
    Confrontation 0 (569)
    Danny & Taylor 338
    I, Panacea 132
    Junior Hero 153
    MirrorVerse 253
    NSW 186
    One More Trigger 431
    Really Bad End 240
    Recoil 78
    Security! 187
    Trump Card 509

Still looking good.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Snake/Eater, Chojomeka and Navrin like this.
  10. Threadmarks: Vote 40: Trump Card
    Ack

GW_Yoda - posting a vote for All Alone won't actually make it come up any faster. The points for that vote will be applied to the story that got the least vote points this time around; that is, MirrorVerse.

Aftermath 395
    All Unaware 350
    Bait & Switch 500
    Brian & Aisha 403
    Confrontation 44
    Danny & Taylor 360
    I, Panacea 195
    Junior Hero 172
    MirrorVerse 263
    NSW 224
    One More Trigger 458
    Really Bad End 247
    Recoil 147
    Security! 249
    Trump Card 0 (571)

Well, Trump Card managed to edge out Bait & Switch, not to anyone's surprise. After this one, it'll probably be Bait & Switch, unless Brian & Aisha steps up. And then there's One More Trigger, and then maybe Aftermath.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Navrin and Snake/Eater like this.
  11. Threadmarks: Vote 41: Bait & Switch
    Ack

Aftermath 471
    All Unaware 367
    Bait & Switch 0 (512)
    Brian & Aisha 425
    Confrontation 98
    Danny & Taylor 380
    I, Panacea 253
    Junior Hero 193
    MirrorVerse 273
    NSW 266
    One More Trigger 488
    Really Bad End 259
    Recoil 224
    Security! 302
    Trump Card 60

Following those two favourites, it looks like Brian & Aisha (the last chapter), and by that time,Recoil or maybe Security! may be in the running again.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Navrin likes this.
  12. Threadmarks: Vote 42: Aftermath (last chapter)
    Ack

Cap'nSmurfy please take note. Your vote was not counted due to this.

Aftermath finishes with this chapter. A secondary vote will be instituted to determine which story will replace it in the voting lineup; see below.

All Unaware 384
    Bait & Switch 2
    Brian & Aisha 446
    Confrontation 144
    Danny & Taylor 406
    I, Panacea 307
    Junior Hero 211
    MirrorVerse 284
    NSW 308
    One More Trigger 525
    Really Bad End 266
    Recoil 286
    Security! 357
    Trump Card 125

Looks like Aftermath snuck in first, but One More Trigger looks set for second spot.

Looking good.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    Navrin likes this.
  13. Threadmarks: Vote 43: One More Trigger
    Ack

User errors:
    mistfist seemed to think that Aftermath was continuing. I have applied those points to the lowest scoring story for this round, which happens to be Bait & Switch. It thanks you.
    thyrfa and JMHthe3rd wrote in Confrontation as Complications. This is not the first time this has happened. Please get it right.
    B.B. Rain neglected to add voting points for I, Panacea, so I had to go and look at the vote. I fixed it. This time :p
    Also, screwed up vote for War Games. (bracket the wrong way around)
    thyrfa inadvertently voted twice. This nullifies the first vote. Pretty sure you didn't want that.

New Story
    Now that Aftermath has been completed, another story will be taking its place. The votes were:
    All Alone: 14
    Nemesis: 4
    Slippery Slope: 4
    War Games: 14

Which led to a sort of dilemma. I have resolved it by picking the earlier of the two stories; War Games was posted on June 6, as opposed to June 14 for All Alone.

However, a closer examination (and a manual count) has also revealed that there were fifteen votes for War Games, which makes it the democratic choice. Woo.

And so, without further ado, let's welcome War Games to the official story lineup. (And as a bonus, it gets 14 votes to start it off with).

All Unaware 404
    Bait & Switch 8
    Brian & Aisha 465
    Confrontation 203
    Danny & Taylor 432
    I, Panacea 385
    Junior Hero 236
    MirrorVerse 299
    NSW 348
    One More Trigger 0 (553)
    Really Bad End 274
    Recoil 369
    Security! 429
    Trump Card 204
    War Games 14

Danny & Taylor has hit the 400s, but then, so has Security!, and I, Panacea isn't far behind, and nor is Recoil.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    Navrin and JMHthe3rd like this.
  14. Threadmarks: Vote 44: Security!
    Ack

User errors:
    Dr. Mercurious put a vote for 1, Panacea instead of I, Panacea. Please check things like that.
    Boomslang forgot to insert hyphens between the names and the numbers. Please format your votes the same as everyone else; it gets a little tiresome to sort things out. Thank you. Also, no need to include blank votes.

All Unaware 421
    Bait & Switch 14
    Brian & Aisha 479
    Confrontation 283
    Danny & Taylor 449
    I, Panacea 465
    Junior Hero 251
    MirrorVerse 314
    NSW 379
    One More Trigger 16
    Really Bad End 278
    Recoil 468
    Security! 0 (512)
    Trump Card 310
    War Games 50

Yeah, that happened. Security! blasted on past Brian & Aisha like it was standing still.

I'm looking forward to a photo finish next vote between I, Panacea and Recoil; after the dust settles on that one, we'll probably have Trump Card, Brian & Aisha and Danny & Taylor and All Unaware.

Once Brian & Aisha is out of the way (last chapter, remember), I'll be getting you to vote in a new story.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    Navrin likes this.
  15. Threadmarks: Vote 45: Recoil
    Ack

All Unaware 439
    Bait & Switch 25
    Brian & Aisha 506
    Confrontation 351
    Danny & Taylor 470
    I, Panacea 532
    Junior Hero 266
    MirrorVerse 334
    NSW 423
    One More Trigger 36
    Really Bad End 292
    Recoil 0 (548)
    Security! 52
    Trump Card 399
    War Games 82

Photo finish was had, with just sixteen points between them.

Next up will almost certainly be I, Panacea, followed by Trump Card, then Danny & Taylor and Brian & Aisha. After that, the voting will be on for the next story to replace B&A, and maybe NSW and All Unaware will be up by then.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    Navrin likes this.
  16. Threadmarks: Vote 46: I, Panacea
    Ack

Just by the way, MirrorVerse has a capital V in the middle. 1986ctcel and Snake/Eater please take note.

All Unaware 465
    Bait & Switch 25 (no votes this round)
    Brian & Aisha 528
    Confrontation 402
    Danny & Taylor 494
    I, Panacea 0 (603)
    Junior Hero 281
    MirrorVerse 354
    NSW 460
    One More Trigger 62
    Really Bad End 305
    Recoil 63
    Security! 100
    Trump Card 474
    War Games 116

I, Panacea it is, and although Brian & Aisha is ahead on points, I suspect that Trump Card will power past both it and Danny & Taylor to win the next vote.

After that ... well, All Unaware is coming up the rankings, as is NSW, and Confrontation just hit the four hundreds.

Interestingly enough, Bait & Switch, which has been lagging, got a big fat zero for votes this time round. I'm wondering if the voters were looking for more NSFW action and feel a bit disappointed.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Navrin likes this.
  17. Threadmarks: Vote 47: Trump Card
    Ack

All Unaware 489
    Bait & Switch 35
    Brian & Aisha 553
    Confrontation 484
    Danny & Taylor 523
    I, Panacea 67
    Junior Hero 296
    MirrorVerse 377
    NSW 523
    One More Trigger 95
    Really Bad End 322
    Recoil 159
    Security! 170
    Trump Card 0 (586)
    War Games 154

... which it did, in fine style.

So I'm picking Brian & Aisha for its last chapter, then NSW, then Danny & Taylor. After that, All Unaware and Confrontation (also on its last chapter) are powering up the stakes.

Following that, or even interrupting the sequence in some way, we might get Recoil.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

1986ctcel, Twilight666 and Navrin like this.
  18. Threadmarks: Vote 48: Brian & Aisha (last chapter)
    Ack

Story Ending
    Brian & Aisha is on its last chapter, and as such, has been removed from the voting. It's been a totally non-serious NSFW piece, utterly without reference to continuity or any real effort toward characterisation, and I've had fun writing it. However, it's also utterly devoid of plot, and so it's reached the end of its run.

New Story
    As such, I will be offering new stories for voting into the running. Note that in the case of a tie, the story with the earlier original posting date will win.
    See below for details.

All Unaware 504
    Bait & Switch 45
    Confrontation 571
    Danny & Taylor 554
    I, Panacea 138
    Junior Hero 303
    MirrorVerse 392
    NSW 565
    One More Trigger 132
    Really Bad End 332
    Recoil 230
    Security! 227
    Trump Card 76
    War Games 183

Looks like Confrontation might be next, actually. Wouldn't be surprised if it made 600 on the next vote.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    Navrin and Twilight666 like this.
  19. Threadmarks: Vote 49: Confrontation (last chapter)
    Ack

Bb103 – you're welcome.
    Bloodshifter – you do realise that Brian & Aisha is finished, right? I'm putting your 2 vote points toward the story that got the lowest vote points this round (ie, Really Bad End). It thanks you.

Secondary Vote Result
    Given that Brian & Aisha finished last vote round, I instituted a secondary vote for a new story to enter the lineup.
    Nemesis was at the back of the queue, with 3 votes, All Alone and The Slippery Slope next last with 6 and 7 votes respectively, leaving Alea Iacta Est as the winner with 26 votes (which it will get as a 'kicker' for this voting round).
    Just incidentally, "Iacta" in Alea Iacta Est starts with an upper case 'i', not a lower case 'L'.
    Pyro Hawk , Chojomeka , Feiron , Rentoba , Frosty Wolf , doomlord9 , Prince Charon please take note.

Story Ending
    Confrontation will also be ending on this vote round. Thus, it has been taken out of the running (it got 659 vote points).

New Story
    To replace it, I will be holding another Secondary Vote. Details below.

Alea Iacta Est 26
    All Unaware 526
    Bait & Switch 56
    Danny & Taylor 582
    I, Panacea 227
    Junior Hero 315
    MirrorVerse 417
    NSW 610
    One More Trigger 171
    Really Bad End 344
    Recoil 318
    Security! 306
    Trump Card 158
    War Games 207

Which it did. Also in the 600s is NSW. Following that, in no particular order, are All Unaware and Danny & Taylor in the 500s.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    Navrin likes this.
  20. Threadmarks: Vote 50: NSW
    Ack

A few notes:
    1kal spelt Iacta with an L instead of an i. Please correct this. It makes my job harder :p
    moontheir4 and Suzushiro Aoi both voted for Confrontation, despite the fact that it was taken out of the running. The five points from that will be given to the story earning the lowest points this voting round, which happens to be Really Bad End. It thanks you :D

Please check your votes, especially if you are copy pasting each time. If there is an extra space or an omitted space between the name, hyphen and number, this causes the vote counter to register it as a different name. fishbait08 edale Asheram Firedon Chase92 ArbaletShot inky please take note. :)

Secondary Vote Result
    Given that Confrontation finished last vote round, I instituted another secondary vote for a new story to enter the lineup.
    Nemesis came in last again, with 4 votes. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
    Slippery Slope came in second with 10 votes. Getting closer ...
    And for the winner, we have All Alone, with 22 votes. It will be getting this many points as a kicker to start with.

And now on to the main event ...

Alea Iacta Est 98
    All Alone 22
    All Unaware 544
    Bait & Switch 67
    Danny & Taylor 596
    I, Panacea 318
    Junior Hero 327
    MirrorVerse 442
    NSW 0 (651)
    One More Trigger 222
    Really Bad End 357
    Recoil 403
    Security! 378
    Trump Card 248
    War Games 246

Which it did. Also in the 600s is NSW. Following that, in no particular order, are All Unaware and Danny & Taylor in the 500s.

Danny & Taylor looks like the odds-on favourite for the next round, followed almost certainly by All Unaware. However, after that, Recoil is coming up fast, and our other two traditional big scorers, Trump Card and I, Panacea are also piling on the points. The new dark horse that's just joined, Alea Iacta Est (remember, folks, that's an i not an L), has just slammed on a massive 72 point score for its first voting round. If that isn't a sign of big things to come, I don't know what is. Of course, All Alone has just joined the roundup as well, so we have yet to see how that goes.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Navrin likes this.
  21. Threadmarks: Vote 51: Danny & Taylor
    Ack

Just to note:
    Please check your votes, especially if you are copy pasting each time. If there is an extra space or an omitted space between the name, hyphen and number, this causes the vote counter to register it as a different name. GladiusLucix Dr. Mercurious Fishyface please take note. :)

Alea Iacta Est 181
    All Alone 54
    All Unaware 565
    Bait & Switch 81
    Danny & Taylor 0 (617)
    I, Panacea 395
    Junior Hero 335
    MirrorVerse 462
    NSW 34
    One More Trigger 255
    Really Bad End 371
    Recoil 490
    Security! 430
    Trump Card 338
    War Games 275

It even made the 600s.

Looks like it.

Let's not forget MirrorVerse, which is now in the 400s.

And 83 this time around.

Not as popular as Alea Iacta Est, but not bad.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Navrin likes this.
  22. Threadmarks: Vote 52: Recoil
    Ack

Well, that was interesting.

737 vote points; two stories got over a hundred vote points, and one got 99. I'm very impressed.

Alea Iacta Est 280
    All Alone 88
    All Unaware 580
    Bait & Switch 100
    Danny & Taylor 16
    I, Panacea 483
    Junior Hero 344
    MirrorVerse 482
    NSW 87
    One More Trigger 307
    Really Bad End 387
    Recoil 0 (598)
    Security! 500
    Trump Card 445
    War Games 306

So fast that it overtook All Unaware, despite being 75 behind on last vote.

High 400s.

99 this time.

I'm calling All Unaware, then Security!, then Trump Card and I, Panacea in no particular order.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    Chulup, pepperjack and Navrin like this.
  23. Threadmarks: Vote 53: All Unaware
    Ack

A bit of a low-end turnout, with marginally under 600 vote points, but that's kinda my fault for posting so quickly :p

Anyway, votes is votes, so I'm not complaining.

However, people are starting to get sloppy with their votes. Each time you do this, it makes it harder on me.

So please:
    Suzushiro Aoi - put a space between your All Alone vote and the hyphen before the number, if it's not too much trouble.
    fishbait08 - do the same with your Security! vote, please.
    ioigtam - please add an exclamation mark to your Security! vote, and use capitals on One More Trigger.

Thank you.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 352
    All Alone 115
    All Unaware 0 (594)
    Bait & Switch 119
    Danny & Taylor 24
    I, Panacea 567
    Junior Hero 353
    MirrorVerse 498
    NSW 123
    One More Trigger 345
    Really Bad End 395
    Recoil 89
    Security! 571
    Trump Card 528
    War Games 328

Well, All Unaware made it in this time, though Security! and I, Panacea were close behind.

Really high 400s.

I don't trust I, Panacea not to sneak in before Security!. Just saying.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Navrin likes this.
  24. Threadmarks: Vote 54: I, Panacea
    Ack

A nice turnout this time around.

However, people are still a little lax with their votes. Each time you do this, it makes it harder on me.

So please:
    PandaGrill - please check your One More Trigger vote
    WindCall12 - please check your !, Panacea and Recoil votes.

Thank you.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 439
    All Alone 147
    All Unaware 7
    Bait & Switch 138
    Danny & Taylor 41
    I, Panacea 0 (651)
    Junior Hero 358
    MirrorVerse 518
    NSW 172
    One More Trigger 389
    Really Bad End 411
    Recoil 173
    Security! 638
    Trump Card 614
    War Games 356

Well, that happened.

I really can't call it between Security! and Trump Card for the next vote; it's just too close. And I would be astonished if one or both didn't hit the 700 range before they're done.

After that ... well, Alea Iacta Est is burning up the charts, Really Bad End has crept into the 400s, and Recoil might be along soon again as well.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Navrin and Snake/Eater like this.
  25. Threadmarks: Vote 55: Trump Card
    Ack

A nice turnout this time around.

However, people are still a little lax with their votes. Each time you do this, it makes it harder on me.
    Some votes that caught my eye:
    All Alone- 3 Suzushiro Aoi
    I, Pancea - 1 LostDeviljho
    Recoil- 5: LostDeviljho

Please correct these in future?
    Thank you.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 528
    All Alone 175
    All Unaware 24
    Bait & Switch 155
    Danny & Taylor 58
    I, Panacea 62
    Junior Hero 363
    MirrorVerse 538
    NSW 226
    One More Trigger 440
    Really Bad End 430
    Recoil 262
    Security! 699
    Trump Card 0 (710)
    War Games 381

I honestly thought that Security! had it with 699, then Trump Card came in with 710 ... whew. Talk about your photo finishes.

Well, Alea Iacta Est will be entering the 600 range next vote, if its current showing is any indication. And given that there's nothing to challenge it, after Security! has had its shot, it'll very likely be next.

After that ... MirrorVerse, then maybe One More Trigger, then probably Recoil.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

1986ctcel, Navrin and Twilight666 like this.
  26. Threadmarks: Vote 56: Security!
    Ack

User Errors
    I, Pancea - 1 LostDeviljho (again)
    Security - 4 Bb103 (exclamation mark please?)

Please correct these in future?
    Thank you.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 608
    All Alone 205
    All Unaware 55
    Bait & Switch 168
    Danny & Taylor 73
    I, Panacea 125
    Junior Hero 371
    MirrorVerse 558
    NSW 284
    One More Trigger 487
    Really Bad End 443
    Recoil 351
    Security! 0 (751)
    Trump Card 75
    War Games 407

Certainly looks like it.

We shall see.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Navrin and Chojomeka like this.
  27. Threadmarks: Vote 57: Alea Iacta Est (and All Unaware)
    Ack

User Errors
    Alea lacta Est - 4: Mrouz (i not L please)
    Aerialatom - something you're doing with your NSW vote is putting an extra space in there. Not sure what.

Thank you.

New Stories Up For Voting
    I have decided to throw my remaining stories into the vote.
    At the same time, I will be pulling All Unaware, and finishing it during the next vote period.
    That will leave, to my count, 20 stories. All of these will be up for voting; I will add a sixth vote to the count so that people can have a better chance of voting for what they want.

I hope this meets with everyone's approval.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 0 (702)
    All Alone 236
    Bait & Switch 187
    Confrontation II 0
    Danny & Taylor 97
    Hostage Situation 0
    I, Panacea 202
    Junior Hero 385
    Meet the Heberts 0
    MirrorVerse 578
    Nemesis 0
    NSW 336
    One More Trigger 537
    Really Bad End 453
    Recoil 461
    Security! 47
    Slippery Slope 0
    Trump Card 159
    War Games 439
    Wyvern 0

Alea Iacta Est has hit the front running remarkably quickly for its relatively recent inclusion; it's also been just the third story to break 700 vote points.

Recoil seems to be coming along strongly.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    Chase92 and Navrin like this.
  28. Threadmarks: Vote 58: MirrorVerse
    Ack

User Errors
    With six new stories in the voting round, and one removed, it's kind of expected to have a few glitches. Five people, for instance, voted for All Unaware, even though it's not listed any more. Four changed their votes. One didn't. And, of course, other things happened. So here they are.

ArbaletShot had some sort of glitch happen where a space crept into the vote for Alea Iacta Est. Not sure how that happened.
    All Unaware - 5: Snake/Eater (not in the lineup any more. The points will go toward the story with the least vote points gained this round, which happens to be Hostage Situation. It thanks you. :))
    Danny and Taylor - 2: Seed00 (please use an ampersand [&] rather than 'and'. It helps with the tally).
    NSWI - 1: Chojomeka (not even sure how this happened)

Please correct these in future.

Thank you.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 100
    All Alone 277
    Bait & Switch 205
    Confrontation II 40
    Danny & Taylor 116
    Hostage Situation 10
    I, Panacea 274
    Junior Hero 402
    Meet the Heberts 61
    MirrorVerse 0 (600)
    NSW 390
    Nemesis 16
    One More Trigger 580
    Really Bad End 467
    Recoil 565
    Security! 101
    Slippery Slope 25
    Trump Card 258
    War Games 478
    Wyvern 139

Well, that was interesting. First run of the new lineup; with the 6-point vote added in, we got 987 vote points. Would not surprise me if we have stories tipping a thousand vote points at some time or another.

Wyvern got the most votes of all, followed by Recoil, Alea Iacta Est and Trump Card. The next most popular new fic seemed to be Meet the Heberts, interestingly enough.

As for what's coming next, I would tip Recoil over One More Trigger, both of which are liable to tip 600 next vote. After that ... well, War Games is likely to tip 500 next vote, so it will likely come in after both of those are done.

Following that, we shall see what we shall see.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    Chase92, 1986ctcel, Navrin and 2 others like this.