• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

What is your opinion on vtubers appearing in fics as characters?

• Total voters

Shadowfire626

Tiger of the Burning Mountain
Right, so I just got done reading a waifu catalog fic where Mori Caliope was one of the waifus and noticed a self insert fic were the main character was gawr gura. combine that with the DXD fic vtuber simp and this question started rattling around in my skull. My opinion is split, because some are obviously playing personas or characters, but others are more akin to just being avatars while the person acts perfectly genuine, but I'm curious to hear what others think

Ca
Right, so I just got done reading a waifu catalog fic where Mori Caliope was one of the waifus and noticed a self insert fic were the main character was gawr gura. combine that with the DXD fic vtuber simp and this question started rattling around in my skull. My opinion is split, because some are obviously playing personas or characters, but others are more akin to just being avatars while the person acts perfectly genuine, but I'm curious to hear what others think
Can I get the fic name?

Can a man get the fic name?

brother, I am begging you for the fic name

I wouldn't say it's weird so much as often bad. I've read one singular fanfiction involving a tuber that I liked out of maybe a couple dozen I tried reading but couldn't get past a chapter or two. Some technoblade fic, don't remember the name but it had him dying but reincarnating as his avatar continuing his adventures in the multiverse or something like that.

Old thread, but it's a neat idea. I only recently started following a part-time Vtuber, she does other stuff, so the avatar isn't her personality.

I think taking inspiration from JoJo stands, where their avatar doesn't have much personality is fine for cases like her. Just like a human isekai'd to Pokémon, the human actor would be an "anime human" rather than a fragile character relative to her setting. Playing into her avatar's personality should be a deliberate choice; if she is in an insane high school setting, then those quirks will help her fit in better. Maybe put her into a better mindset to understand other characters, their own abnormal (by IRL standards) strange ticks.

As for more typical Vtubers… getting isekai'd in a situation by a genuine ROB, rather than leaving their transition a mystery, can be played a bunch of ways. It depends if their appearance matters much to the locals. Being a short green-skinned dryad in Goblin Slayer would have SOME impact, even in a crack fic- "waghh, please don't hurt me scary adventurer!" and such.

I think the best scenario would draw from Wreck It Ralph and some Digimon series. Discovering that your vtuber avatar is actually alive, in a very different realm, and they like you. Gradually become one person, exploring a new world together in their new shared living situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back