• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Wandering Demon of Gravity (Super Robot Wars/Pseudo SI-OC)

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

A man thrown into the hellish world of SupaRobo, inside one of the most broken robots in existence. Things are bound to be broken soon enough.
Last edited:
World of Alpha - 1

Zephyrus_Britannia

Getting sticky.
Just recently, a friend on discord recommended me this story, Diary of G or 『G』の日記 on syosetu. It was written pretty well for a pseudo (bait) self-insert and I was so hooked that I decided to write a fanfiction based on it but with different settings.
The main character of the original work is Shuji Shirakawa so mine will be Shuichi Shirakawa. Both are related to our enigmatic genius troll, Shu Shirakawa, for a number of (spoilers!) reasons. The main world settings of this story are Super Robot Wars, of course, and a couple of my favorite anime/game works, though Shuichi is cursed to wander forever due to his unique existence.
The writing format of this story is a mixture of traditional story-telling and diary so be warned.

-The World of Alpha-

Hello, everyone. I'm currently inside some kind of aircraft cockpit that is very spacious and…spherical-looking? I mean, even the controllers are ball-like, so weird! I do feel a little too comfortable and familiar with this weird control scheme for some reasons, as I effortlessly move the thing outside. They seem to respond to my thoughts too, because I doubt random movement on the balls can make this machine turn, jump and float that easily.
"DCAM-000-RE?"
download
I think I know this model number… Holy, it's the Granzon from Super Robot Wars! Wait, does that mean I somehow isekai'ed into the magnificent Professor Shirakawa's body? I try to find a way to get out or do something so that I can see my face and after pressing random buttons on the control panel, the wide curved screen switches to the interior camera.
"Oh god, I'm still myself."
Yes, that's me: a very normal guy with white hair, diagnosed to be genetically inherited rather than piebaldism.
<>
I spent the whole day testing the Granzon (it looks a little different from what I remember) and managed to find a way to open the cockpit hatch and get outside. I'm in a dense forest with trees as tall as the Granzon, enough to hide it from plain sight. I was hungry so earlier I tried to catch some fish and wild, presumably edible animals but failed so I was considering getting back to the robot and flying to any nearby human settlement. As I'm having such thoughts, the Granzon moves its head and looks at me in pity. Hey, you damn machine, I am not Bear Grylls, okay?!
<>
It's easy to find a city nearby and the people below are understandably afraid due to Granzon's appearance. I'm about to open the hatch and get down when a freaky-looking mechanical monster rises from the ground and attacks everything in its path, including Granzon.
"You want to play? I'll play with you. Granworm Sword!"
The Granzon opens its hand and a bright energy spot appears on the ground, the light converging and forming the iconic sword. Wait, isn't that animation Neo Granzon's? Where is my 'drawing sword from wormhole'? I ignore my surprise and catch the sword and cleave the monster in half with one strike. The explosion after that also acts as a signal for more similar machines to show up and gang up on me. Their attacks only leave insignificant dents on Granzon's armor as the Distortion Field barrier works exactly like in-game, halving all kinds of damage.
"Hold it right there, Mazinger Z will be your opponent!"
A voice way too familiar with mecha fans speaks up as I hear a faint music accompanying it. That's Koji Kabuto and his Mazinger Z, which means I'm fighting Dr. Hell's Mecha Beasts. Later on, Sayaka Yumi in her Aphrodite A also arrives to help protect the citizens and minimize collateral damage to the city.
"Last one! Hey, pilot of that demonic-looking robo, on my mark!"
"Yare yare."
I surrender to Koji's infectious hotbloodedness as Granzon and Mazinger Z perform a combo attack using Granworm Sword and Daisharin Rocket Punch, erasing the remaining Mecha Beast from the earth.
"Good job, Koji-kun! Today's fight is unexpectedly swift. Thank you, mysterious pilot-san!"
"No need to thank me. I can't stand aside and watch those abominations do as they wish."
I chat with the Mazinger couple for a short while until my stomach voices its opinion. It's awkward so Koji invites me to come to the Photon Lab and have dinner with him and Shiro, his younger brother. I immediately accept the offer, my pride be damned.
<>
Professor Yumi is VERY surprised to see Granzon returning to the lab alongside Mazinger Z and Aphrodite A, enough so that he instantly questions me the moment I exit the machine. How did you get this machine? Are you a DC agent? Stuff like that, which confirms my fear that I'm in the Super Robot Wars universe. The next concern is which timeline, Alpha? Classic? Or an entirely new world that isn't in an existing game?
"Dad, stop! What are you doing?!"
Sayaka and Koji try to diffuse the situation. I raise my hand to stop them. Right, time to gamble my luck.
"How I acquired the Granzon is a secret. However, this Granzon is not the same Granzon currently under development in DC Headquarters, I can assure you that." My expression becomes sly. "More importantly, how is Demon Emperor?"
Bingo.
Professor Yumi becomes silent once I mentioned the Mazinkaiser and refuses to answer Sayaka and Koji. They turn to me for answers and all I can give them is 'tomorrow will be one hell of the day'.
"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. Shuichi Shirakawa, pleased to meet you."
Next day, I get apprehended by a group of armed soldiers.

"Remain quiet. The director is on his way." A Divine Crusaders (DC) soldier orders me inside an interrogation room. I knew this was a bad idea from the start but something inside me urged me to be daring and here I am. Hopefully Bian will go easy on me.
"So this is the exceptionally dangerous person I have heard from Professor Yumi."
Oh…Ooh…
"I believe this is our first meeting. Greetings, my name is Shu Shirakawa, Director of the DC Japan branch."
download
OH MY GOOOOD
<>
Professor Shirakawa is kind enough to wait for me to recover from my mental breakdown. I hurriedly tell him my name, earning myself a gentle smile and a slight surprised look from the director. When I finally calm down, I take a focused look at Dr. Shirakawa to see if I can see It. As expected, there is a black silhouette of a giant monster, Volkruss God of Darkness. Dr. Shirakawa becomes even more intrigued as he figures out what I'm doing.
"Interesting…"
I instinctively grab his hand, ignoring the outburst from the guards. Suddenly, both of us get transported to a white space. Dr. Shirakawa stays still for a moment before letting out a refreshing sigh and clenching his hands.
"This is…the feeling of true freedom… No shackles, no looming God behind my back… Shuichi-kun, I have no idea how you did it, but thank you."
"A-Ahaha, I have no idea as well."
I talk with Dr. Shu about the world, its calendar and general tension across the globe and space. He immediately finds out that I'm a Visitor from 'Outer World', as I roughly retell his backstory. I don't want to disrespect him by saying that he comes from a video game so I accept his explanation.
"The Feds actually listened to Dr. Bian and allowed DC's founding?! STMC is sighted? Bugs in Lagrange 5?!" I exclaim. "Holy moly, this is really the Alpha world, the worst possible world! Oh man, we're screwed!"
Dr. Shu patiently listens to my ramblings, though I think he's enjoying his freedom. As my mind becomes clearer later, I realize I made a huge mistake that might seriously affect the future, particularly Project Aegis. I explain to the professor that while I have no idea how I teleported us to this space, I'm sure that I can only stop Volkruss' curse for a brief moment and then this ends, the wrenched god will read his mind and find out about what I told him earlier.
"...It seems I will have to go with the original plan." Shu's voice is quiet, hiding a tranquil fury. "Only death can sever the blood pact with Volkruss."
"I vaguely remember that a certain squid man named Euzeth Gozzo once came to La Gias to obtain Cybuster's Laplace Computer. Did it happen, Professor?"
"He certainly did. Though I had a feeling that stealing Laplace Computers was merely a ruse to attract my attention."
"Could be. After all, you were involved with him in his original, starting world. That Ultraman fanboy is getting out of hand…"
I give him a brief run-down of what happened in Super Hero Operation. Once a kind man who wanted to save the Earth, he became obsessed with Ultraman's godly power and wanted to recreate that for himself. Eventually, Alteur Steinbeck had a run-in with a clueless Masaki and was fascinated by Cybuster's cheating computer. Dr. Shu also showed up and fought Euzeth in his Chojin Zest form alongside the SRX team and Euzeth's clone, Ingram Plissken.
"I see, even Lieutenant Ingram Plissken. Our fates are intertwined here in your so-called Alpha world. This is no mere coincidence." The doctor contemplates. "Could it be a higher power that governs over fate? Akashic Record, the Origin Law…"
"...Wow, as expected of Professor Shirakawa. You even predict the future beyond your death."
The white space around us starts to crack, which means our time is up. Dr. Shu is visibly upset that he is going to return to being a prisoner of fate.
"Shuichi-kun, I will sign the papers for you to join DC under my R&R department. Whenever you are free, please come to my office. With luck, we can figure out how I can break this curse without resorting to my death."
"Understood sir."
<>
After we return to the DC headquarters, Dr. Shu makes preparations for me to transfer from Photon Power Lab to DC Japan while clarifying that the Granzon unit I pilot is a test prototype of the real Granzon, which is still under construction. Koji calls me on the spare phone he gave me last night (quite generous of him) and congratulates me. I'm so busy talking to him that I get distracted and bump into someone.
"My apologies, can you stand up… Huh?"
She is Aya Kobayashi, leader of the SRX team.
download
I can recognize that hair color and charming smile from miles away. She forgives me and we introduce ourselves to each other. What caught me off-guard is that she is 17 years old, one year younger than me. Theoretically, this year should be New Western Calendar (NWC) 185, as when SRW Alpha begins, Aya is 21. However, from what I can recall from all those background events, Cybuster's rollout and Mazinger Z's first fight against Dr. Hell are in December, and I remember clearly that Koji said yesterday was June 7th, NWC 183. This means that even the timeline of Alpha world gets distorted.
"We are four years before the Balmar War, yet we are already fighting Aerogaters' scouts in space…"
"Um, is something wrong?"
"No! No, it's nothing. I just remembered something. Kobayashi-san, do you know the person named Ingram Plissken?"
"Lieutenant Plissken of the Far East base? I'm actually here to meet him. He is interested in my father's research and wants to meet us in DC Japan's HQ."
Dammit, even the SRX team isn't a thing yet. I really hope Kirk and Robert found a way to push SRX Project to the military; otherwise once the Balmar vanguard hits Earth, we're done. My Granzon has the basic attack armaments, but all but the Granworm Sword are locked behind some kind of limiter. Counting the Gundam project and other Super Robots, I doubt we can survive one wave.
"I haven't seen Lt. Plissken in the building but you can ask the receptionist in the main hall. And Kobayashi-san, please be careful around him. Ingram is known for his intellect and will do anything to achieve his goals, even Director Shirakawa is wary of him."
Sorry Ingram, I ain't stand there and watch you crush a maiden's heart in such a fashion. Aya looks at me suspiciously but nods nonetheless.
"Ufu, strange for you to show concern for a stranger like me. Are you sure you don't have any hidden agendas towards this innocent young lady, Shuichi-san?"
"Maybe, maybe not."
I smile mysteriously.
<>
Officially, I'm registered as Ensign Shuichi Shirakawa, Inspection Agent of Lost Technology Research (LTR) Organization and stationed at DC Japan branch, under Director Shu Shirakawa's command. The position is flexible enough for me to just go to any research laboratories and act as their employee with ease, as LTR is literally the R&R of the entire DC organization at this point. Few days earlier, after playing with the options in Granzon Zero (tentative name)'s control panel, I found a way to cloak the machine or transfer it to the subspace dimension, the same place Granworm Sword is stored. The action command to summon Granzon Zero is literally Gilliam's Call Gespenst.
"Call…Granzon!"
Dr. Shu is impressed by my performance but declines my offer to install this feature on his own Granzon, stating that he has had his own way already. Probably Volkruss' black magic.
Due to Alpha Granzon's existence being kept under top secret, Dr. Shu prohibits me from using my Granzon in public unless in dire situations; instead, use my status as test pilot to acquire Gespenst or Gundam units from the Federation. He can help me with the processes, the rest is on my own. I thank the doctor for the efforts he can muster under the influence of the evil god.
Well, one thing is clear that he didn't specify which kind of dire situations. That means I can hop on Granzon Zero and wreck stuff all I want, as long as I can hide my presence reasonably well. I haven't forgotten about you, you damn Ultraman fanboy. No, I won't let go of that nickname until the end of time.

(Diary starts)
June 10, NWC 183
1st time writing diary, had no idea how but probably to keep track of events. Koji introduced me to the Getter team and I was relieved that they aren't the batshit bunch from manga and OVA. DC lab assigned me to a prototype PTX-007-02 Gespenst Mk-II type S model so Hayato Jin suggested a mock battle to test the fighting capacity of the prototype Getter Robo. My handling of the Gespenst is as good as Benkei, Getter team's reserve member so Ryouma easily beat my butt.
Oh hey, it's the Dinosaur Empire. Mazinger Z and Getter 1 pushed them back to the underground while I provided long range support with Mega Beam Rifle and Slash Ripper, which in Alpha is based on INCOM technology.
For some reasons, Dr. Saotome had been looking at me like a hawk all the time I stayed in the Saotome lab. When I asked him what's wrong, the answer I got was 'Taiji'/Origin Law. Huh?!
<>
October 21, NWC 183
Welp, been months since the last entry. Dr. Shu told me to attend mandatory classes for new employees. I met Aya again, this time with Dr. Kobayashi in tow. Jesus he's scary. They had a meeting with Dr. Shu, Ingram and Dr. Kirk Hamill regarding the 'ultimate project that potentially wins the war on its own'. In other words, the SRX Project. We chatted a bit until I had to go back to the office. She seemed sad though, not sure why. Dr. Kobayashi looked like he was going to T-LINK Knuckle me.
Ingram approached me with an invitation to join his PTX Team. Since I couldn't just reveal his true motives, I politely declined due to still being a newcomer with zero experience. Apparently this was Dr. Shu's recommendation. What?!
<>
January 1, NWC 184
Happy new year! I didn't get to celebrate though. Titans patrol near Lunar got attacked by Aerogaters scout party and the Fed wanted DC to send some personnel as reinforcements. Dr. Shu saw through Jamitov's blatant lies. They heard about the second Granzon unit and wanted to capture it, which Jamitov had been pressuring DC's Board of Directors for months. I sortied in a DC-customized GM II, courtesy of our friends in Far East base.
There are some Zechariahs, designated AGX-07 Soldier, among the Megillots and they absolutely wrecked the Titans. In the end, only my GM II and the Albion Corps were left. Things got serious enough that I had to call Dr. Shu for permission. He approved.
<>
January 2, NWC 184
I made it back to the Far East airport. I managed to hide Granzon's signal and visual images using experimental technology borrowed from the Colonies, specifically one installed on the Gundam Deathscythe, and Granzon's ability to distort space. Without concrete evidence, Titans commander assumed the Albion Corps were the one who destroyed all Aerogaters units, which is a good thing since I barely got mentioned.
After getting back to DC Headquarters, Dr. Shu took me to the underground hangar that housed the real DCAM-00 Granzon and some other prototype machines. We had an important guest, Dr. Bian Zoldark, the strongest weeboo old man in Earth. He had seen footages captured from my GM II and was very excited to see this unknown model of Granzon.
Turned out my Granzon was identical to a rejected design of Dr. Shu's machine and somehow got assembled with the exact specs like the Anti-matter Annihilation engine. Since Dr. Bian was heavily involved in the development of Granzon, he enthusiastically asked my permission to study my Granzon Zero. Dr. Shu also approved of this, using the opportunity to use my completed machine to improve his.
I really hoped this wouldn't backfire on me in the future.
(Diary ends)

Last edited:
World of Alpha - 2
(Diary starts)
May 5, NWC 184
The day I 'graduated' from the training class and became a full-fledged DC pilot. Director Shu and Dr. Bian personally came to congratulate me.
Later in the day, they took me to the testing site of the VF-X1 and VF-0 Phoenix. The VF-0A wasn't supposed to show up in the Alpha timeline. Nonetheless, the flight tests went successfully, though I overheard the top brass preferred the VF-X1 over VF-0 due to the price-performance ratio. The VF-0 was simply too expensive and required a highly trained team to maintain.
We took a drive to Dr. Bian's private mansion and entered his lab, where the SMH-01 Valsion was. At first, he intended to make the Valsion and use it as base for mass-production just like in Classic and OG timelines; but after accessing my Granzon Zero's terminal computer, he suddenly changed his mind and kept the Valsion as personal machine for the upcoming Balmar War, similar to Dr. Shu. I wonder what's in there, since even I couldn't access it easily.
download
I gave up pointing out that the damn machine looked too villainous for an 'Ultimate Earth-defending Robot' because Dr. Bian would spend hours lecturing me how mecha in shows must look badass all the time. Dr. Shu coughed a few times when the older man changed to Granzon and how evil its design was trying to be.
And I met Ryune Zoldark for the first time. She looked at me weirdly and asked if I were Dr. Shu's long-lost brother. And on top of that, Dr. Shu even smirked mysteriously. Excuse me?!
<>
May 20, NWC 184
Valsion was officially rolled out and presented to the Earth Federation. Of course, those idiots from Titans were also there and demanded Dr. Bian to hand over the Valsion alongside my Granzon Zero, as usual.
Ryune nearly got onto the podium and punched that man, Bask, but I managed to hold her back. I told her that Dr. Bian was a shrewd man, he knew how to deal with vultures like Titans. He said something to them, I couldn't hear clearly, but it made the Titans representatives scared and they stormed out of the conference afterward.
Dr. Bian wanted the most capable scientists across the world to come to DC and study Valsion, with the condition that they wouldn't leak confidential information and be open-minded.
At the end of the presentation, a small group of scientists stayed behind and talked with Dr. Bian and Director Shu. I could recognize the familiar faces among them: Dr. Hazuki of the Cyber Beast Force, Dr. Saotome, Professor Yumi, Professor Yotsuya of Nanbara Connection a.k.a Combattler V creator, Gendo Ikari from NERV and Dr. Kenzo Kobayashi of Telekinesis Research Institute.
Dr. Shu said he had a tingling feeling that something bad would happen so I volunteered to station outside as a guard using the GM-II. Ryune wanted to use the Valsione but Dr. Bian wouldn't allow it so she fumingly stayed with other guests in the lobby. Sure enough, Dr. Hell crashed the party with his latest Mecha Beasts, accompanied by a dozen of Aerogaters Bugs. What? He allied with them this early?!
Together with Mazinger Z and some of the Federation elite troops, we destroyed all of them and Dr. Hell escaped, though not before glaring particularly at my direction. Could it be that he knew my identity?
<>
June 1, NWC 184
Children's Day! I was surprised they still celebrated it far into the future. Koji passed by my apartment and asked if I wanted to go with him and Shiro to the amusement park. Since all I did aside consulting with Dr. Shu (while giving him brief moments of freedom) were honing my pilot skills and working with Granzon's features, I tagged along. There were also Ryouma, who was popular with children, and a newcomer.
download
Akira Hibiki, pilot of the ancient super robot Brave Raideen. He knew me due to him accompanying Professor Ichiro Hibiki to the conference last month. Ryouma said that Akira somehow activated Raideen and the mecha arrived to help Getter Robo (early model) fend off a joint attack between Dinosaur Empire and the newcomer Demon Empire. Since then they became friends with each other.
The reason Akira went along with Koji was to meet me. Why? Apparently Raideen had shown him a vision where a blue demonic machine with a burning sun on its back destroyed the world via a big bang and its pilot, a man with purple hair briefly appeared alongside it.
download
I doubted he knew Dr. Shu so he assumed I was the pilot of that machine, Neo Granzon. I still didn't understand why people kept saying that I looked like Dr. Shu, I even used a facial recognition program to test and the result was that I only looked 30% identical to him at most. Well, 30% sounded a lot but the point was that most DC employees could tell us apart so why these super robot protagonists couldn't was beyond me. My hair was white goddammit.
Anyways, since my Granzon Zero was still potentially the base model of Neo Granzon, I had to find a way to turn this situation around. Lying would be ineffective since Raideen could just continue showing the visions to Akira.
<>
August 8, NWC 184
Had been busy doing my job as test pilot for Mao Industries and Far East base. The development of the SRG-1 Grungust and PTX-008 Huckebein prototypes proceeded so quickly even the scientists were unsure how. I knew it well, as they were only getting researched in August, let alone developed. Combined with tuning Dr. Shu's Granzon, July had been my busiest month yet. Koji even scolded me for not picking distress calls during their fights against the underground forces.
At the start of this month, I happened to meet the Macross cast when traveling to South Ataria island, well, except the female characters anyways. They were disassembling some existing VF-0A and VF-0S units for potentially interchangeable parts. According to some engineers I talked to, the VF-1 series was proceeding smoothly and scheduled for test flight in November.

(Diary ends)

I'm on patrol duty with Major Fokker and Kakizaki around the island when the alarm on our machine flares. There are a dozen of unknown units approaching us at high speed, one happens to shoot down Kakizaki's VF-0S and he has to eject.
"Kakizaki! Damn it, what are these guys, Aerogaters?!"
"No matching data. Image comparison doesn't yield results either, sir!"
I reply, looking at the screen showing the unknown units and a new Aerogaters machine that destroyed a Federation ship near Side 3 last week, which is an Ezekiel. I try to zoom closer to the intruders but they either move too fast, or deploy some kind of jamming signal causing the sensors to only capture blurry pictures.
"Ensign, you and I will roast them! Spread out and thin their number!"
"Roger!"
My Gespenst fires a couple of Split Missiles and deploys the Slash Rippers. While they go in and cause confusion, I stay outside and aim the Mega Beam Rifle. Their movements are erratic and weird as sometimes they float still mid-air, then rush to the targets. Still, my eyes can track them reasonably well so I can intercept their paths.
"Major Fokker, how's your side?"
"Already got all of them, but my fighter has considerable damage so I have to return to the base."
"Only one left. I will join you shortly, sir!"
Just as I finish that sentence, the last unknown unit suddenly appears in front of me. Now that I'm only meters away from it, I can roughly recognize it. And my heart momentarily stops: It's an Assassin Bug deployed by Antenora!
download
"Euzeth! Where are you?!" I yell at the speaker and look at my surroundings frantically. "Show yourself, you stupid Ultraman fanboy squid!"
"Hoh, so you can sense my presence."
download
Euzeth's deep voice echoes in my cockpit. The sensors automatically lock on to the gray machine hiding in the dense forest. In response, the Antenora unleashes some kind of gravitational field that envelopes the area around me.
"Now, we are safe from eavesdropping. With this special gift cultivated from my Akashic Revision Factor, no beings can interfere with our conversation. Not even —"
"The Foolish Emperor, am I right?" I finish his sentence. "Keisar Ephes."
"You are VERY knowledgeable. I am wondering if you are an existence trapped inside this never ending Samsara like myself."
The four eyes on his mask seem to look through my soul, analyzing my memories. Euzeth lets out a long cackling that really unnerves me.
"I see. How interesting! You are a Visitor, the ultimate lifeform blessed by Taiji, possessing the Origin Law! I thought I could see past your disguise, instead it was me who was thoroughly inspected." His voice is both haughty and full of jealousy. "I can see it. The possibility where I finally achieve my earnest dream. I have successfully become an Ultraman, Ultraman Zest!"
"...I'm sure what I was thinking of is just a what-if though." I chime in. "The original, starting point of your existence started out as a good man, but your quest for peace got corrupted into, well, what you became at the end. Even in the world where you had the best factors, you still lost to the heroes."
" — The causes are varied - a chain of karma, a gap in a past life - but they all have one thing in common: they all lead to being enemies of those who should not be our enemies, and of justice. It goes without saying that those who oppose justice will lose. Just like those who oppose the superhumans, the messengers of peace, will surely lose. Then the matter is simple, just don't be hostile. Just return to your roots, hate crime, and fight against villains. An Ally of Justice, a Hero!"
The Gozzo mask on his face cracks and reveals his Alteur Steinbeck face, the same one in Super Hero Operation and OGs 2nd. His projection slips through the Gespenst's cockpit and grabs my shoulders.
download
"Tell me, Shuichi Shirakawa. Where is the possible world that Ultraman lives?! I want to see it, I want to hold it in my hands. The godly power of an Ultraman, the recognition of my talents, the fulfillment I desperately seek!"
"I know which one, but I have no idea how to get there. I even doubt the Crossgate could lead to it." I shake my head, feeling pity toward his despaired expression. "While I hate your actions in the past reincarnations, right now, I can't bring myself to despise your existence. I don't know why Taiji is involved with me, why I ended up in this world inside a Granzon that never existed before. All I know is that I have to keep going, to see the unforeseeable future."
Indeed, I have been asking myself such questions. How I possess the power to temporarily remove the cursed shackles on Dr. Shu's soul, how I can operate the Granzon Zero with relative ease, how I instantly become familiar with aircrafts. Euzeth even revealed to me that Taiji and Origin Law, the ruling concepts in the Z saga, are involved with me as well. Dr. Bian said that my arrival may bring a brighter future to this world where there is no escape for humanity. I don't know why, but I choose to believe in him.
"I want to do something good for this world too!"
[DCAM-000-RE LIMITER, OFF. WELCOME BACK, MASTER SHIRAKAWA]
To my and Euzeth's surprise, the Gespenst Mk-II cockpit is instantly swapped to that of the Granzon. The hologram informs me that the ban on my arsenal has been lifted; from now on, I can use all of the Granzon's attacks, the OG version of Granzon that is. There is no Degeneracy Cannon listed here. Well, better than nothing.
"The machine answered your will. I don't detect a T-LINK system so this must be a hidden feature. Interesting indeed, Shuichi Shirakawa." He frowns and curses quietly. "The Foolish Emperor has noticed the anomaly. Opportunities like this are hard to come by. Shuichi Shirakawa, we will continue this conversation on another day. If fate still opposes me, I shall proceed with the original plan. Earthlings must defeat Ze Balmary Empire and resist the Apocalypsis."
"Don't underestimate humanity. They are far stronger than you can imagine."
The stealth field disappears alongside Euzeth's Antenora, leaving only me, a bunch of Megillots and my damaged Gespenst Mk-II lying on the ground. Wait what, since when? Granzon's sensors pick up disappearing signals of the Assassin Bugs. Heh, that damn Euzeth, he knows how to fake a scene.
"Now then, it's showtime. Worm Smasher." A confident smile widens on my face as the Granzon's yellow eyes flash and the chest armor opens, revealing the glowing yellow orb. The Megillots spread out but fall into the numerous wormholes that spit out energy beams, piercing all of them in the matter of seconds. The sensors then pick up a Titans cruiser coming from the island dock. They deploy the Mobile Suits right after my Granzon turns its attention to them. I don't normally kill humans but, everyone in this world hates Titans.
"Vanish, beyond the event horizon."
The space around Granzon begins to distort and is sucked into the expanding black sphere, the unstable gravity causing Titans MSs to lose control and fall to the sea. Once the black hole reaches critical mass, my middle finger slowly pushes the button on the controller.
"Black Hole Cluster, fire!"
The last thing those poor Titans soldiers see is the pitch black void engulfing them, as well as the uncontrollable laughter of the Demon… Well, this is the first time I personally use the signature attack of Granzon so forgive my excitement.

(Diary starts)

August 8, NWC 184 (cont.)
Turns out the limiter on my Granzon was still active to some extent. If I used any weapon beyond my proficiency, the power plant would switch to something similar to the Celestial Reactor in Scramble Commander the 2nd, which absorbed the pilot's life in exchange for mecha's energy. I could only muster enough strength to crawl back to the Gespenst and finish this entry… Damn, I couldn't think clearly anymore…
<>
August 26, NWC 184
The Special Defense Force (SDF) announced that there was an unexpected Aerogaters attack on South Ataria island and while there was no casualty, a DC pilot (me) had been hospitalized. I was diagnosed to be both mentally and physically exhausted to the point that the doctor told me had I been brought to the hospital a bit slower, I would have died. Yikes.
In the afternoon, Ryune and, to my surprise, Aya came to the DC's medical chamber to check on me. I had no idea why this happened but to make it worse, Dr. Shu was standing behind them with his trademark 'heh' troll smirk. What did you tell them?!
Aya was scared that I might be dead and Ryune, well, Ryune was Ryune and she just punched me in the guts before leaving. Damn tsundere.
…I suspected that I might have triggered a flag. While Aya was a nice woman, I feared this might hinder her progress to become stronger. After all, Ingram's betrayal and disregard of her feelings strengthened her telekinetic powers and she was able to complete the SRX combination… (the following sentences have been erased)
I needed to consult with Koji. He might know how to deal with this kind of situation, seeing that he and Sayaka were in a 'special' relationship.
<>
September 1, NWC 184
I got discharged from the hospital and after saying goodbye to Aya, who kept coming to visit me, and trying to avert my eyes from Dr. Kenzo, who looked like he's about to strangle me, I went straight to the Photon Power Lab per Dr. Shu's request.
Koji greeted me with a headbutt and Boss slapped me twice. Dafuq?! Well, I mean, they did announce my condition was near death but, why was Boss even here? After the commotion died down, Koji introduced me to Tetsuya Tsurugi, one of the two orphans his father had nurtured. Professor Kenzo Kabuto was also here, having enough of hiding. Due to the abnormally growing tension between Earth and the Colonies, plus the Aerogaters, Dr. Bian convinced him to return to the field and devoted his efforts into perfecting it.
Dr. Kabuto was paying attention to me exclusively during the whole explanation and ending it with the question: how could I possibly know about the Mazinkaiser, the Mazinger surpassing God and Devil?
"Oh, so the Mazinkaiser in this world was built from the ground up as prototype for Z and Great?"
"What do you mean?"
"The Mazinkaiser I know was a Mazinger Z bathed in an excessive amount of Getter Rays, the sentient energy guiding evolution. It's the equivalent existence to the evolved Getter Robo, Shin Getter Robo!"
The moment I dropped the massive bomb, Dr. Kenzo and Professor Yumi were appalled in horror. While the information I gave them was from the Classic timeline, they couldn't believe that I even knew about Dr. Saotome's Shin Getter, the ultimate cultivation of his research and was secretly in development. Furthermore, I even revealed the true nature of Getter Ray that Dr. Saotome only reached as a theory without concrete evidence.
…I kept breaking the Alpha timeline at this point, didn't I?
<>
September 5, NWC 184
As Dr. Shu had instructed me to station at Photon Power Lab for the time being, I took my time exploring the place. I made acquainted with Tetsuya and Jun, who seemed to be the polar opposite of each other yet cared for each other very much. Tetsuya was a serious military man, but he could be kind in certain situations. I asked him to teach me some military martial art moves and he did just that. Although his involvement in the Balmar War was subpar, Tetsuya's outstanding character development was during the Project Aegis crisis. I'm looking forward to that moment.
Dr. Saotome arrived with the Getter team and I swore he dashed to my direction the moment I was in his sight, asking questions regarding the Getter Ray. Hayato, who had grown to be his assistant, was also interested as well. Even though these characters were the Toei anime version of themselves, I could see glimpses of their manga counterparts when they delved deeper into the abyss that was Getter Ray. Hell, Dr. Saotome at this moment looked like the crazy Saotome just without the gray hair.
"Oh Kami! Professor, you look like a possessed man in horror movies!" Benkei had to say something about that sudden shift of artstyle. Seriously, the old man transformed from the kid-friendly Toei Saotome to Ishikawa's batshit-crazy Saotome.
At the end of the session, Dr. Saotome was satisfied with what I told him, general Getter stuff I could remember from Getter Robo Go and Shin Getter manga. He informed all of us that since Getter Robo was unofficially completed (he knew how to deal with those pesky Feds), the plan for Getter Robo G was undergoing. Ryouma and Benkei were excited for a new Getter Robo, while Hayato and Musashi expressed concerns over Getter G's power output. Dr. Saotome whispered to me that Shin Getter Robo's latest test had reached such an unfathomable result that he had to seal it beneath the Saotome Lab. I understood what that meant so I made no further comment.

Beneath Saotome Lab and Photon Power Lab, behind the sealing chambers, the machines known as Mazinkaiser and Shin Getter suddenly activated on their own. They did not move, however, as their attention was on the young man going by the name Shuichi Shirakawa.
[Envoy of Taiji, he is here.]
[Observer from the Outside World, the cultivation of Shinka, the Trickster of Akasha]
[Will his interference ruin this world…or will he help us against the Apocalypsis?]
[Humanity will prevail. The Origin Law is absolute.]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back