• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Watched/Expected/Got

FurikoMaru

Versed in the lewd.
I presume you guys know the drill? Hopefully we can spark some discussion of various people's individual experiences of works, so that this doesn't become a lone prairie of links and images.

I'll get us started with some Jojo, shall I?

phantombloodwatchedexpectedgot_zps8a9cd64c.jpg

Diamondisnotcrashwatchedexpectedgot_zpsef7fcf96.jpg

ventoaureowatchedexpectedgot_zps978de9ec.jpg

stoneoceanwatchedexpectedgot_zps4f2c0657.jpg

I'm too lazy to make a picture

Watched: Rurouni Kenshin 2012
Expected: Absolute crap
Got: A surprisingly good movie (if you can ignore some things like Hannya being a pretty-boy gun-slinger with a scar on his face or Sano randomly showing up to help fight Kanryu despite that he was barely in the movie until then)

Read: Afro Samurai
Expected: Rurouni Kenshin / Samurai Deeper Kyo
Got: Shamo, but with swords

Watched sekirei
Expected a generic harem meets generic fighting series
Got something that was somehow even more bland than that.

Watched Mx0
Expected three amigos meets harry potter
Got the man who knew to little, but the mc knows and has to pull batman level gambit contantly to fake it and live. Aslo magic and it 3x as awesome as it sounds.

Aw, c'mon, they're not as fun without pictures!

WatchedExpectedGotHakuouki.png

Okay, I'll give this a go.

WhatIGot1_zpsdb0ec5d4.png

Last edited:
For everyone wondering who the hell the second option in Bad Faith Quest is and why they should care, this is why.

mononokewatchedexpectedgot_zps0c88a144.jpg

Finally finished Steel Ball Run last night.

steelballrunwatchedexpectedgot_zps3e6187c5.jpg

I've never liked these myself, most of the time i don't get the references they're making.

mkire said:
I've never liked these myself, most of the time i don't get the references they're making.
Yeah it sounds an interesting concept but I am having trouble identifying most of them... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
HunterXHunter_zps7154fb17.jpg

Hunter X Hunter. Specifically the 2011 edition, but in general, too.

FurikoMaru said:
HunterXHunter_zps7154fb17.jpg

Hunter X Hunter. Specifically the 2011 edition, but in general, too.

Wait Wut?

......... um.... that kinda makes no sense to me unless you are talking about early on before the hunter exams finish. because then turns into Yuyu Hakusho/Toriko

Xicree said:
Wait Wut?

......... um.... that kinda makes no sense to me unless you are talking about early on before the hunter exams finish. because then turns into Yuyu Hakusho/Toriko
No, I'm talking about right up to the end of the Chimera Ant arc at least. Maybe you're confused because I mean philosophically and you mean what the narrative content was?

FurikoMaru said:
No, I'm talking about right up to the end of the Chimera Ant arc at least. Maybe you're confused because I mean philosophically and you mean what the narrative content was?

Ah! ok that makes more sense. ^_^

While I cannot actually fully remember all Details about when I first saw the series, I expect many had different expectations from what actually happened.

smwx2u.png

Watched Girls und Panzer. Expected Strike Witches with tanks. Got Hogan's Heroes with skirts.

Watched Vividred Operations. Expected Nanoha. Got Nanoha's filler episodes.

This Watched/Expected/Got thing was kinda fun. Anybody care to pick it up again? Here's one that's popular over on 4chan right now:

1454648718956.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back