1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Weight of the World

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by EightMDB, Dec 10, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Threadmarks: A thousand thousand dreams
    EightMDB

EightMDB Getting out there.

A thousand thousand lifetimes. Millions of moments. Holding my first born, tears of joy streaming down my face. Proposing to the love of my life, the overwhelming joy when he said yes. Growing old with my wife, watching our children grow up. Leading a tribe into unknown and dangerous territories to find shelter for the upcoming winter, knowing it would be harsher than usual. Betrayal, at the realization of my closest friend joining my political opponents in a conspiracy to murder me.

All these lives and more. The experience of the elderly, tempered by the curiosity of the young. The wisdom of a hundred philosophers, the knowledge of a hundred scientists. The Faith of a million crusaders.

Every moment experienced all in a second, but for hours at end.

A final memory. I feel the weight of Chaos surrounding me, eating at the stability I have granted a billion billion worlds and a trillion trillion people. Faith sustains me, and the moment it fails, is the moment I die.

But nonetheless, I sit in a gilded chair, a throne. Looking up at the stars. Knowing. Just knowing, that I have done my best, and I have left my children with the tools to grow and become better than me.

And as I sit there, I feel something reach out to me. ‘Is it time?’ I think up at the being reaching towards me. ‘Have I reached the end? Or will this war continue on? Will my children sacrifice themselves to delay my ever-impending death?’

A feeling of peace, the ever-encroaching weight of Chaos, disappears from my mind. And I drift ever on in a sea of worlds, distance traveled, and I never move.

And suddenly. I’m lying on the ground swaddled in a warm blanket. The ground is hard and rocky. As I twist and turn, trying to gain some form of control over my surroundings, I look around and see lush mountains nearby.

I feel heavy, my actions tiring me quickly. ‘My body has never been this difficult to move before.’ I think to myself trying to force my body into at least rolling over.

I finally managed to roll myself over onto my side and I come face to face, with what I first think is a dog. But looking more closely I come to a startling realization. ‘This dog is blue.’

‘[AMUSEMENT]’ I feel from the dog in front of me. ‘[QUERY]?’ It feels at me. Seemingly to bundle its emotions and context into a package and shoving it at me.

‘Help please [DESPERATION].’ I try to think at it. I think I manage to get it to understand me.

‘[AGREEMENT] [MATERNAL LOVE]’ It, She? thinks back to me. What I thought to be a dog I realize to be some form of bipedal furred being, she looks vaguely familiar. Her shape and actions, as well as her ability to seemingly communicate with me even with my status as a child, have an inkling of remembrance and... nostalgia?

As I’m thinking she picks me up and begins to walk towards a nearby cave system. She takes care to not jostle me around and begins to hum a lullaby to me.

Her warm body pushing against me and the vibrating chest, put me at ease. I feel safe and before I know it, I’m falling asleep.

Before I fully fall under, I hear a sigh and she begins to growl at me lightly, “Grrr grrr grrrrr. [It’s as if I had one of my younglings once again].”

‘Oh shit, she’s a Pokémon.’ I think as I succumb to sleep.

2. Aravis

Aravis Not too sore, are you?

Huh, seems interesting. Thanks for the chappy!

3. Vacivus

Vacivus Know what you're doing yet?

Was..is that......Did you just reincarnate the emperor from 40k into pokemon?