• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

When you need something weirdly specific for your multiversal crossover fic, and you don't care where it comes from

Sirrocco

Tiny but ambitious squid
I'm hoping to do two things here. The first is that I have a need, and I hope you all can help. The second is that I figure that if *I* want this thing, then maybe at some point, other people will also want this thing, so we might as well make a thread for it.

I'm writing one of those multiversal kitchen sink crossovers. I'm happy to draw from anywhere, but it's good if there's a book or a videogame or a movie or a TV show or an RPG or *something* that I can point to and say "I stole it from that". I just can't think of any that really have what I need for myself.

What I need is clowns. I need very specific clowns.
- Ideally though not necessarily female. I'm willing to Rule 63 if I have to.
- Generally non-evil. A bit of crazy is okay as long as it doesn't get in the way too much. The Joker need not apply.
- Specifically useful in some fashion for the maintenance and/or deployment of an attack helicopter. A mechanic woudl be great. If she has magic that can be used to beneficially enchant technological items, that's fantastic. Gunnery skills are a plus. We already have a pilot, so unless she's got some sort of super-pilot mind-meld shenanigans going on pilot is not so useful. Willingness and ability to deploy via air assault as a supporting combat asset is... okay, I guess? Not ideal, but I could make it work.
Ideally, we'd accumulate a list of 3-5 that fit this well... but I'll take what I can get.

Additionally, and as a side request, if there are any kinds of magic out there where "summon a whole bunch of (possibly temporary) clown minions, all at once" is the sort of thing that you could easily explain as being a relatively straightforward application of the local magic, in a wqay that woudl be potentially useful in fights, I'd love to hear about it.

...and, of course, if anyone else has their own weird niche little thing that they're hoping to find examples of, please do ask away.

the mask? he is not a clown but he acts like a clown. atleast in tv media. he can transform in to a pilot dressed as a clown. and he is pretty much a demigod.

the mask? he is not a clown but he acts like a clown. atleast in tv media. he can transform in to a pilot dressed as a clown. and he is pretty much a demigod.
I like the thought, and it'd count as barely-a-clown if we had some other clowns to stabilize the theme, but I feel like he's a bit too powerful for the role.

Like, Harley Quinn would be a shoo-in, except that the skillset she has really isn't applicable to the "support an attack helicopter" mission, WH40K harlequins feel like they're a bit too high on the power curve too... and possibly a bit too serious. If there's anyone out there with, say, a clown-themed street gang that's sufficiently sci-fi dystopia that they can be assumed to have their own mechanics as part of the gang? Stuff like that would work great. It doesn't have to be a particularly popular character, or even a named character.

I seem to recall that there was some sort of heroic female future alt-universe Joker at one point...? I think she might have bene an acrobat *and* a super-scientist? I went looking for her, though, and I didn't find anything, so I have no idea how well she'd actually fit, or even if I'm remembering it at all correctly.

If this doesn't pan out, I can figure out other ways around the issue, but it would be cool if I could manage it.

Hmmm.

I am now remembering the Clown Corps webcomic. I might be able to do something with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back