• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Where is the Bookmark feature?

16JSundberg4

Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?
Ok, been on sites like Sufficient Velocity and Spacebattles for a while now. The thing that sets them apart from Questionable Questing though is that they don't allow sexual content in their forums and threads. Which is why I found this site a while ago. The thing that made them appealing for reading fanfictions and doing quests though is the ability to bookmark specific posts (Read, Threadmarks) in case the fic/quest is very long or is being constantly updated so losing your place is very easy. Given how much inspiration this site seems to derive from the aforementioned websites, imagine my surprise that this specific, basic but immensely useful feature isn't even in. I check the support forums and it isn't even mentioned. Now, I could be blind, stupid, or both. But if I'm not, how come this isn't implemented into the site when there are so many useful things it provides?

This is a example of a moderation threadmark and the category
There is a threadmark function.
It is only visible to the original poster of a thread and to staff.

When you are the OP the option for placing threadmarks appears just above the reply box.
IMG_1197.png

Last edited:
I think it's coming with the XenForo 2 Upgrade, we probably have to wait for when QQ is updated. ;)

The thing that made them appealing for reading fanfictions and doing quests though is the ability to bookmark specific posts (Read, Threadmarks) in case the fic/quest is very long or is being constantly updated so losing your place is very easy. Given how much inspiration this site seems to derive from the aforementioned websites, imagine my surprise that this specific, basic but immensely useful feature isn't even in.
The reader-side bookmarks you're thinking of are an add-on for XenForo 2. QQ is still running XenForo 1. SB and SV did not have bookmarks back when they were running XF1.

QQ is going to be updated to XF2 eventually, reportedly. No idea if there's a plan to install the add-on for bookmarks. But until that happens, there's nothing to be done but make use of external functionality (probably browser bookmarks or one or more synced files, depending on your use-case).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back