1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Worm: the Lawyering (Dead)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by GamertagzFTW, May 1, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Threadmarks: Saint has a very bad day
    GamertagzFTW

GamertagzFTW Creative Writing in Progress

Worm: the Lawyering

Chapter One: Saint has a very bad day.

Saint stood, dumbfounded, as he realized what was happening. These unknowns had come in taken Ascalon, and we're already working to free Dragon. This was a tragedy in the making, the machine couldn't be trusted. "Officer, you don't understand! Dragon is a -". He stopped talking when an object that suspiciously resembled a gun was firmly pressed against his chest. "An artificial intelligence, we know. I'm officer Johnson, Space-Time Police, you're under arrest for one count of future child murder, thirty three counts of child endangerment, forty seven counts of child abuse, and God knows how many counts of sexual abuse of a minor. Sir, we're here because Dragon is less than ten years old." This couldn't be happening, everything was going so horribly wrong. He had to get out of here, and fast. Suddenly he felt the handcuffs bite into his wrists. Opening his mouth to complain about the excessive force, Saint was interrupted with a backhand across his face. "Sir, you have the right to shut your fucking noise hole, anything you possibly say can and will be used against you in a court of quantum law, if you cannot afford legal representation the court will provide a low quality lawyer for you" said the man called officer Johnson, as Geoffrey Pellicks vision went dark.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  2. emmelmpau

emmelmpau Smut? What's that? Is it tasty?

Yes, the true canon ending. All other endings are invalid.

UzuRyu, Istaran, BigGreenBird and 4 others like this.
  3. GamertagzFTW

Oh boy, just wait till I'm done with this week's course load, and I'll get started on the actual trial.

Grimmouse197 and StealthGorgon1 like this.
  4. Gindjurra

Gindjurra Versed in the lewd.

The problem with pre-crime is that by arresting them before the crime, you prevent the crime, therefore they’re not guilty of even attempting it. Not murdering someone is not illegal.

Grimmouse197 and Aleksey_A_E like this.
  5. GamertagzFTW

But you see, this is quantum law, temporal fuckery is the norm here. One could almost say this is Schrodingers Law. You thought this would be a reasonable story, but it was I, Crackman!

6. Kencord

Kencord I trust you know where the happy button is?

Damn, funny but I thought this was a re-host of the Fanfic where instead of drowning Alexandria in bugs, Taylor gets actual legal council that gets her confession and many illegal acts just tossed due to legal specifics with follow ups sinking the Canary case and Youth Guard.

Still, this was funny.

Istaran, Gibby311 and LaerzA like this.
  7. Gindjurra

Gindjurra Versed in the lewd.

It would be just as reasonable to roll dice and shoot random people now because they might commit a crime at a later date. Probably save a fortune on courts and police, though.

Aleksey_A_E likes this.
  8. GamertagzFTW

Chapter 2 will be ready in a few hours.

Edit: Uh, nevermind?

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  9. Threadmarks: Your world needs a public defender
    GamertagzFTW

Worm: the Lawyering

Chapter 2: Your world needs a public defender

Geoffrey Pellick awoke with a start, taking in his surroundings. He was in what appeared to be an interrogation or interviewing room, with a table and two chairs. His handcuffs were very uncomfortable around his wrists. A very greasy looking man in a cheap, poorly fitted suit stepped into the room. "Hello mister Pellick, I am Samuel Richards, the public defender taking your case. Before the arraignment, we need to decide if we want to make a plea deal, or continue on with the trial. I believe we could swing an insanity plea, but it's up to you" the man said, in a dry, wheezing and nasally voice. A plea deal? That was ridiculous. Geoffrey, Mags, and Dobrynja we're doing important work, protecting humanity from the danger posed by Dragon. The 'charges' leveled against him were ridiculous. "I refuse to make any sort of plea deal. I am not crazy, and I have not committed any crime, merely done what is necessary" Geoffrey retorted heatedly. "So noted" wheezed Richards.

10. Harpy81

Harpy81 Versed in the lewd.

Do you have a link or name?

11. Kencord

Kencord I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ragura and Harpy81 like this.
  12. Index: Delays
    GamertagzFTW

So uh, hi. I write this story as a side hobby. I regret to inform you all that chapter 3 is being delayed until next week due to issues IRL coming up.

13. tarrangar

tarrangar Versed in the lewd.

That's a dystopia for sure, as bad as Saint is, I will never agree with people being held accountable for laws that they have no possible way to know exist, and Space-Time police arresting people from time periods where they aren't known, is a gross case of assuming authority they really don't have.

Stopping things is one thing, but the government the Time-Space police represent haven't announced themselves, and you shouldn't be able to be punished for a law, that you had no way of knowing existed, willful ignorance of a law is no excuse, involuntary ignorance is though, a law has to be announced so people can read or hear about it, before it's moral to enforce it, it's a sign of a gross tyranny, if the government sign a law, keep it secret, and then arrest those who break it.

14. SlickRCBD

SlickRCBD none

I agree. I'm actually with Saint in not recognizing their jurisdiction. It also reminds me strongly of the movie "Minority Report". Besides, Saint has committed enough crimes they don't need to use that trumped up stuff.

I've seen that in the Harry Potter fandom where the Ministry of Magic arrests muggles who film wizards and try to send the information to the media and the local police. Well, that or their crimes is killing a wizard during a Death Eater attack, but the latter is usually an already subverted/conquered Ministry of Magic and using that would be a strawman argument. Anything where a muggle not legally "in the know" is charged with breaking a magical law bothers me.

15. Index: Notice of Indefinite Hiatus
    GamertagzFTW

ALERT
    Worm: the Lawyering is now on indefinite hiatus.
    A relative has recently developed medical issues, and my schedule no longer permits sufficient time in my day to write.

Ragura likes this.
  16. Ragura

Ragura Versed in the lewd.

* Hugs * I wish both of you good luck, and that your relative recovers as far as they can. If you want to talk, send me a PM

17. Index: Story is kill
    GamertagzFTW

So uh, yeah this story is cancelled, it is deader than disco. I originally went on hiatus when I found out my father was diagnosed with cancer. After some time to process things I was ready to write again. And now I have covid. Anyways, I'm experiencing a mental breakdown and I'm also starting to experience auditory hallucinations again. Thanks for listening to my TED Talk I guess.

Bleakwinter and Ragura like this.