1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pink Blossom Quest IIIrd Strike

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Biigoh, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Omake / Non Canon Post

- - -​

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Biigoh

[​IMG]
    Click on picture for larger version​
    Sauce is Danbooru - /posts/1055522

[X]Show your parents now.

Surrounded by radiant sunflowers that rustled, you are comforted by the basking and reflection of killing intent from you by the sunflowers.

The sensation of killing intent saturating everything... it gave you tingles and this urge to smile... and just smile.

It felt relaxing in a way.

And you knew that if someone were to harm even the least of the sunflowers here... you would just have to HURT them, so that they would understand how hurt you were by their harming the poor helpless sunflowers.

Never mind that they weren't real.

All that mattered was that they were yours, and those who would trample upon them, trampled upon your dreams.

That just left practicing it so that you can do this properly to show off to your parents.

It took a long time for you to manifest the Heart of Maya. At least, if you wanted to do it properly.

You had to sigh at some of the results you got when you attempted to make it manifest faster than the hour it currently took you to recreate your garden of sunflowers.

It is something you work on, even in Shimura-sensei's leadership class, which is a folly as he did teach the most interesting of classes. He was no Kasumi-sensei... but where you enjoyed that ..... presence of Kasumi-sensei, you loved the thinking that you had to do in his class.

"It is said that out there,
    beyond the notion of right and wrong,
    there is a field.

In this field,
    ninja meet and bare their souls to each other.

In this meeting,
    are the purest of friendships forged.
    Words are no longer needed."

You blink and focused on the elderly shinobi who had closed the book he had been reading from. "Now, this is a metaphor for what we do. Meeting and baring our souls are just a polite fiction for the battles that we engage in with enemy forces, and yet... it is paradoxically at the same time where we forge our bonds with our allies and peers."

He smiled. "I would like an essay over the weekend about this, and miss Haruno, I would like a word with you after class."
    - - -​
    After classes, you find your self alone in the class with Shimura-sensei as he finished grading the previous batch of essays.

Placing his brush down, he looked up at where you stood before him with a blink. "No need to be so formal, please sit sit..."

His one handed gesture indicated that you could and should move one of the chairs up by his desk. It wasn't that onerous of a task, and thus you do as invited.

"I haven't had much a chance to talk to you since your selection of the medical class elective as your focus. In a way, I'm glad that you picked the physio-science class, and not the medical-science," He paused as if unsure of how to proced, or at least to proceed with tact. "There are groups, you understand, even within Konoha, who are... extremely patriotic, and feel that Konoha is falling behind certain other villages."

"Groups, individuals, who would do anything... to advance Konoha even if it were to return everyone back to the good old days of the shinobi war," He paused once more, this time in recollection. "I would highly recommend that if you find yourself getting invitations to the medical research departments after graduation or even before, to turn them down. Snakes dwell amongst the roots of the tree that is Konoha. And while their fangs thirst for the flesh of enemies, some times, they get careless and bit that that they shouldn't."

Wait...

What?

Was he implying that there were ultra-patriotic elements within Konoha that might not be entirely loyal to the Hokage or... you would need to think on this.

You nod at Shimura-sensei who was now grading... those looked like a variant of the ninja rules essay that you had to do years ago.
    - - -​
    That evening, after dinner with your parents...

You coughed and looked at your parents who waited indulgently for you to demonstrate your technique.

Spinning forth your chakra to layer it upon the room wasn't difficult, it was after all necessary to determine the area you were going to affect with your genjutsu.

You had to frown at the tension of having additional people in the technique, you had only practiced it by yourself.

With your attention focused entirely, on maintaining and creating the infinite world of sunflowers, you missed on seeing your parents' eyebrows rise as the world formed around them piece by piece.

You smile at your parents as the three of you stood in the center of the field with its rustling sunflowers, trees and mountains in the distance while above puffy white clouds sailed amidst a blue heavens.

"It's beautiful," Your mother smiled and nodded as she looked around.

Your father's eyes are more critical. "A nice first attempt. And despite their slow formation, the elements of the heart are nicely done. The setting is still a bit unstable, I would not recommend stress testing this in a genjutsu battle against anyone with chakra at this stage."

"The only advice I can give you at this point is practice practice practice. That's the only way, your technique will be usable faster and be more stable," He nodded approvingly.

This... this was when the killing intent flared upon the three of you as your mother lightly stroked the petal of a sunflower. From the bead of sweat on your mother's face, it's clear she wasn't used to this degree of killing intent. At least not by an endless field of sunflowers.

That's when you ended the technique.

"That's an interesting thing you had there," Your father's voice blandly noted. "I hadn't known you had managed to work out how to embed situational triggers, well done."

And so, the days pasted and you studied hard at class, trying to work out what Shimura-sensei had said. And enjoyed the presence of Kasumi-sensei. Played with your classmates, or at least... tutored some of them during breaks...

Life flowed slowly by.

And then one day, a most dreadful thing happened as you were practicing your Heart of Maya in the safety of your room.

You felt someone lightly rubbed your cheeks from behind as if... as if...

There is that faintly familiar and nostalgic sensation of DANGER and DOOM. "Such soft cheeks, you have..."

The technique collapse around as you spin about and hugged with the dreadful speed of a cat-spider or something... "Big Sis Yuyu!"

Right, it's a week before your birthday, wasn't it?

It... it only made sense that your grandparents would visit.

- - -
    Pink Blossom Quest - Year 10 Snakes and Flowers

What Do?
    [X] Write In.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLs4MGTTXRU[/embed]​

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Biigoh

So... lag tiem in SB...

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] There is totally nothing to be suspicious about Big Sis coming right after you showed dad your Heart of Maya. Celebrate!
    [X] Did Grandpa and Merry bell and the delightfully-soft Youmu come too?
    [X] Oh man, there's so much stuff I wanna show you guys! Naruko and our favorite teachers and Sasuke-chan and Gai-sensei and- Oh, wait, Big Sis, I want to show you something first:
    [X] Show Big Sis Yuyu your budding Heart of Maya
    - - [X] Maybe she could give you some tips! (And maybe you can get a nice hat out of it!)

5. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

[X] There is totally nothing to be suspicious about Big Sis coming right after you showed dad your Heart of Maya. Celebrate!
    [X] Oh man, there's so much stuff I wanna show you guys! Naruko and our favorite teachers and Sasuke-chan and Gai-sensei and- Oh, wait, Big Sis, I want to show you something first:
    - [X] Maybe she could give you some tips! (And maybe you can get a nice hat out of it!)

6. Balatro Philologus

Balatro Philologus Still finds own avatar hilarious

- [X] Maybe she could give you some tips! (And maybe you can get a nice hat out of it!)

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Selias

Selias Well worn.

- - [X] Maybe she could give you some tips! (And maybe you can get a nice hat out of it!)

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Darik29

Darik29 Verified Delicious

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

[X]The delightfully sarcastic and eye-rolling write in that everyone is voting for. =3

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. Tetsurō

Tetsurō Communist Penguin

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. Biigoh

[​IMG]
    click on picture for larger version

Sauce is Danbooru /posts/1346631

[X] Big sis Yuyu!!!!

Your big sis Yuyu proves to not possess the ability to withstand your tackling hug! and she is soon fell by you and your weight. Not that you're heavy or anything... just energetic.

"Big sis Yuyu! It's been so long!" You lie on top of her content with capturing and monopolizing your grandmother. But wait! If she was here, that meant...

You smile at her and resist the urge to retaliate for the pinch to your cheeks with a pinch to her cheeks!

"I've been working on the heart of maya thing..." You proclaim proudly.

She nods in response and pats your head. "I've heard."

"It still takes forever to get it up and running properly," You sigh and enjoy the head pats before letting her back up.

"Well... the best way for you is to practice being accurate and just gain the speed with practice," she smiled and adjusted her dress. "There are other ways to give you speed with shortcuts, but they're not good in that they'll only slow down your growth."

You nod solemnly. It made sense, given your experience with other things, to do it accurately before quickly.

Still...

"I guess I could show you it? If big sis Yuyu wants to see," You smile shyly at your big sis Yuyu, you felt yourself blushing at this. It was rare for you to want to show off. To demonstrate your skills.

Well... it wasn't rare, it's just that you didn't consider it worth it to show off your skills at beating up people, it wasn't a skill... it simply was.

Genjutsu and such things like the Heart of Maya, they were skills that you had to work at. Had to study and practice. There was something to be proud of.

At her nod, you breath in and then out, letting your chakra fill the room before you used it as your canvass.

You "painted" on that canvass that was your soul and spiritual might an eternal sky with its clouds, an endless plain bordered by trees and an endless sea of sunflowers that gazed upon you and your big sis Yuyu.

"Excellent ambiance," Your grandmother nodded as she examined the environment, uncaring of the killing intent that pervaded the very air. "And you could do with improvements on speed. But that comes with experience."

It felt awkward to be graded. Was this how your classmates felt when you pointed out what they did wrong or could do better?

"The reflexive usage of killing intent, creative. I'm guessing it wasn't intentional. But just something that occurred?" You had to nod at her assessment. "All in all, simplistic but lovely attempt."

did... did she just insult your world with a backhanded compliment? You're not sure you like this grading. You pouted before glaring at her now.

"Still, it's definitely on par with what I made on my first attempt. And much better than what your father made," She noted idly. This was a good thing? You're not quite sure.

"Can I?" she looked at you, as if asking for permission. Oh! She wanted to show off something.

You nodded back at her, and watched... as she grasped the air and pulled... you get a sensation of the... world around being seized and things changed....

And you stand in a room. A square room with no obvious source of lighting.

A room that was four and a half tatami mat in size, the tatami was laid out for a tea room. You are standing at the center of the room upon the half mat.

The shouji walls and doors with their shadows implied lamps behind them, and more... it implied space. You look at big sis Yuyu, who smiled back and gestured as if welcoming you to try things out.

You opened one of the doors and found yourself looking at an identical room. Trans-versing that room, you open the door...

And...

Another identical room.

"Infinity in the span of a tea room. A cube within a cube, within a cube, and so on. Nine upon nine such cubes," your grandmother's voice didn't quite purr. "But it is like your sunflower field, infinite in all directions. A trap that is an an endless maze."

You swallowed drily and return to your grandmother. "This is... this is... or was the first thing you made with the Heart?"

She smiled and nodded. "Indeed... unlike your killing field, mine was an endless maze. Your father's... well... I won't say what it is, you'll have to ask him."

"And it doesn't loop back to here?" You had to ask.

She shook her head. "Not unless I want it to."

"Huh..." You paused and thought about it. An endless maze of empty rooms, one after another with lights and shadows that implied movement... you could see how maddening that could be.

"Can I play?" your question came naturally to you.

She gestured and created a bench to sit upon, as a resplendent noble, before smiling indulgently at you. "Go on and have your fun."

With permission given, you rampage across endless rooms, trying techniques that were taught to you by your mother and which the other you had shown you.

- - -
    Pink Blossom Quest - Year 10 Maze

What Do?
    [X] Ask big sis Yuyu for tips?
    [X] Go see big sis Merry Bell?
    [X] Go see Grandpa, who was talking with your father about something?
    [X] Wait... your cousin was here. Time to play~
    [X] Is that... is that Naruto in a really nice dress?!?
    [X] Write In...

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

-[X] With your cousin?!?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. Biigoh

Tally to Spectrum

[X] Ask big sis Yuyu for tips?
    -

[X] Go see big sis Merry Bell?
    - uju32, earth-destroyer, katreus

[X] Go see Grandpa, who was talking with your father about something?
    - HymnOfRagnarok, Candesce

- Lifelink, Filraen, Aaron Peori, Guile, Serous, scope, Shura12305

- Scya, undead frog

[X] Write In...
    - nightblade (QQ), Jiven (QQ), Khaos, Scya, Spectrum
    - - [X] With your cousin?!?

- Adyen
    - - [X] We should try to drop her in our Heart of Maya sometime just show off to see how she reacts!

- Tetsurou, hunter09
    - - [X] Is that... is that Naruto in a really nice dress?!?

- Chargone, Verthantine
    - - [X] Introduce her to your friends.
    - - - - [X] Is that... is that Naruto in a really nice dress?!? (in girl form i hope, though the story behind the alternative is likely to be more amusing...)

- cokerpilot
    [X] Sakura! Do everything!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

*smile*

-[X] With your cousin?!?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  16. Biigoh

Looks like SB is behaving and not exploding with lag~

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

- - [X] With your cousin?!?

Woo!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  18. Biigoh

[​IMG]
    Click on picture for larger version

Sauce is Danbooru - /posts/1111390

- - [X] Is that... is that Naruto in a really nice dress?!?

You rampaged across the infinity of Big Sis' maze.

Fists and feet burning with chakra [ki] as you exploded your way down floors and up ceiling. The flickering pink radiance of your Nekketsu Hadouken and the blue flares of Gadouken.

It felt good to just cut loose.

Still, eventually, one's fun must end... and it was Big Sis Yuyu who redirected you back to the room where she reclined on the bench watching you.

"It's time to stop, your cousin is here. I suspect because dinner is ready," her smile as the world around shattered into so many glass fragments had you blinking.

You turn to look at where your cousin stood in the doorway. "But... how? I mean you can't just know she was there... can you?"

"When you can look left and right at the same time, the answer will be obvious to you," She replied with a calm nod. "You bear my blood... two heads are better than one."

Another riddle, you had to frown at this. And thus, you don't resist being guided out of your room by your grandmother. This was a tricky one. [Very tricky,] the inner you nodded in agreement.

Dinner was a boisterous event, with your extended family present and family friends. You're rather surprised to see Fis... no... that wasn't the proper name now, it was Naruto along with a few of her relatives... including that red haired harridan that you suspect was the reincarnation of That Annoying Blonde.

You are also pleased to see Lily and her family, including Sasuke-chan. This along with your classmates and their families made it lively as the adults talked, and the younger classmates and relatives chitchatted.

Admittedly, it did make the dinner a bit of a crowded affair with that many people. Still, that was why your parents had the dinner be more of a buffet and barbeque affair than a dinner at a table.

The meal went by relatively quickly, it was what came after that was a surprise. You're not certain how... but somewhere while complimenting, you end up insulting your cousin's skill or said something that she took offense to.

A challenge was issued....

- - -
    Pink Blossom Quest - Year 10 Challenges

What do?
    [X] Accept the challenge
    - - [X] Full Power! Maximum Destruction!
    - - [X] Start out slow and test your cousin's limits and skills!
    - - [X] You don't need any SPECIAL techniques, let's keep it chakra [ki] free.
    [X] Decline the challenge.
    [X] Write In.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Accept the challenge

20. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

[X] Accept the challenge

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  21. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

>"When you can look left and right at the same time, the answer will be obvious to you," She replied with a calm nod. "You bear my blood... two heads are better than one."

Obviously we need to go to Orochimaru with this. Ukon and Sakon tell us he knows how to beat this riddle.

[X] Yes, Youmu. Show me your moves.
    -[X] Full Power (minus scary Hado moves that might destroy her soul), at least to start. Getting chumped because we didn't take things seriously is what happens to serial villains, not cute little Sakura-chan.

22. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

X] Accept the challenge

23. Fallenblades643

Fallenblades643 Canned food pls?

[X] Accept the challenge

[img width=600 height=454]http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/3622/1365187462405.jpg[/img]

24. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

X] Accept the challenge
    - [X] Start out slow and test your cousin's limits and skills!
    - - [X] But in no way should we be holding back.

Our last fight with Youmu was immediately followed by fighting Grampa. I wouldn't doubt that she has leveled up since then, probably with crazy training montages and burning ambition.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  25. Biigoh

Tally

SB - horus, Larekko12, Adyen, +2 (and variations)
    [X] Full Power! Maximum Destruction!

QQ - Selias, Vindictus, Fallenblades643
    SB - Serous, hunter09 + 16 (and variations)
    [X] Start out slow and test your cousin's limits and skills!

[X] You don't need any SPECIAL techniques, let's keep it chakra [ki] free.

Write Ins

- Guile (QQ),
    [X] Yes, Youmu. Show me your moves.
    - - [X] Full Power (minus scary Hado moves that might destroy her soul), at least to start. Getting chumped because we didn't take things seriously is what happens to serial villains, not cute little Sakura-chan.

- Jans (QQ),
    X] Accept the challenge
    - - - - [X] But in no way should we be holding back.

- Tiypo, Arcman
    [X] Start out slow and test your cousin's limits and skills!
    - - [X] Don't let your testing of her limits allow her to take you by surprise. She's surly been training since you last met, expect her to be very VERY strong.

- ........, 95spartans, Aaron Peori, Nightblade, Mignonette, Chargone, Cytokinesis, SolipsistSerpen, Ephemeral Dreamer, ZiPeppe
    [X] Start out slow, test her limits and skills
    - - [X] Don't underestimate her; she's been training, just like you have.

- Filraen, earth-destroyer, macdjord
    [X] Start out slow, test her limits and skills
    - - [X] Don't underestimate her; she's been training, just like you have.
    - - - - [X] After the fight ask about what she took offense and apologize, no matter the fight outcome.

- LordsFire
    [X] Start out strong, figure she's twice as powerful as last time we fought, and act accordingly.
    - - [X] From there, ramp up power until victory is attained, or someone stops the fight.

- katreus,
    [X] Fighting requires us to fight our best! To do less is to dishonor our opponent and the fight! FULL SPEED AHEAD! ZENRYOKU ZENKAI!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  26. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

I think it's just a hint to awareness, lateral thinking , and the use of perireal vision.

We were in a Genjutsu. The world is fake and illusion. So she just focused on seeing what she made and reality at the same time.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  27. Selias

Selias Well worn.

That or the answer is Kage Bunshin like it was when Naruto was trying to make the Rasenshuriken.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  28. Darik29

Darik29 Verified Delicious

Or the answer is to Literally be able to look in two directions at once. When the Illusion we craft can become Us as much as we can become It, Then things will become awesome.

Seriously. When we can see through the petals of every single one of our Flowers, when the Garden Truly becomes One with us, Then we will have mastered the Heart of Maya.

Of course, we still need to create a Mugenkan, to go with our Garden of the Sun. Only then, will we have Truly lived up to our spiritual predecessor.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  29. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Guys, you're forgetting.

We're two people. We can totally look two ways at once.

30. Biigoh

Now consider what your grandmother just said~

Ddmkm122 likes this.