1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I Am So Totally An Evil Overlord [Original Setting]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Darkened, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

((Ick: Sorry for vanishing so suddenly. Assuming anyone's still interested, let's get this back on track.))

First thing's first, you need to return to Miss Gunson. She's simply too terrif.... It's not that you're scared at her of all. It's just that refusing to accept the consequences of your proclamation would be the same as denying that proclamation itself. Of course the world will try (and fail) to reject a splendid manly dark lord like you! If you can't even bear that degree of enmity then there's no meaning to your existence whatsoever.

Holding your head high, you stride back to the dorm. Without a word to the other girl, you stand next to Rothstein. Neither of you meets the other's eyes. It's not that you shouldn't spend time with Rothstein, she's made herself your (temporary) nemesis! It's just... how can you spend such awkward time with her? There's nothing epic about this confrontation, no grand battle of dark overcoming light. She's not desperately failing to stop any of your plans. You're just getting punished in the same room. It's intolerable!

Sadly Miss Gunson isn't here just yet. Having come you can't just leave. So you remain, standing quietly at these metaphorical gallows, waiting for the executioner to get back from other business. The moments drag on for at least a few infinities and the silence grows into a sorrowful menacing thing that demands it be filled. But you are proud enough to bear any menace. Whatever foolish dreams of heroism Chriselda Rothstein holds in her heart, she doesn't seem to be entirely lacking in pride herself.

The silence grows.

Finally, just before you open your mouth to deliver an ingenious taunt, Rothstein speaks. “I won't let you get away with this!”

You don't have the faintest clue what 'this' she means, but there's no way you could let her figure that out.

“Oh? And how do you plan to stop me little girl?”

“L... Little! I'm basically the same height as you!”

“Is that so. Well, there's more ways of being little than one's height you know.” casually you put your hand to your heart, signaling clearly that your foe is surely small of spirit compared to you.

Chriselda stares at your chest for a moment, then quietly reaches down and places her hand to her heart.

“J-just because I'm not done growing, that's.... I mean....” Her expression darkens and she raises her hand, holding it palm up as a small flame appears above each fingertip.

Suppressing a twinge of anxiety you take a stance yourself.

“Fine then, if you can't stand the smallness of your own heart you fake hero, I'll face you any time!” No, there's something you have to say right now, before this kind of decisive battle, isn't there...

“Join me! I'm a magnanimous man, I'll even give you half the world.”

Actually though, do you have any real means of fighting? Well there's always pushing through with just willpow...

“Ahem.” The grim reaper's voice resounds behind you, snuffing Rothstein's flames with its frigid tone.

“I can see,” Miss Gunson remarks, with weary determination, “That we'll be spending a substantial amount of time together. Rest assured that you are, despite your efforts, not the most unruly girls I have dealt with in the past.”

She passes a broom to Chriselda and a mop to you. “For now, clean. I expect the dormitory to be spotless, and you will be here cleaning, promptly after classes, until I am satisfied. Is that understood?”

Reluctantly you nod. Truly, Gunson is a villain to admire...

------------------------

You trudge to Miss Anders' office, exhausted from both the work and dealing with Rothstein for so long. It's located in the magic studies building, though you don't know whether that's because the teachers are simply placed close to their classes or because it's important to have someone on hand if your less capable peers cause some accident. (It's not that you wouldn't cause an accident, but you're sure that any horrifying abominations you release would be far far beyond what a mere teacher might bottle up.)

Hesitantly you knock on the door. Your magic is a muscle you haven't trained at all yet so it's hard to tell for sure, but your reserves don't feel like they're anywhere near full. That's rather odd because you're sure you've read that a magician should restore almost all of their capacity in a mere few hours of rest. Mana's ultimately power drawn from somewhere (the church has some big explanation there but you couldn't be bothered to read into it much) and held. Generally being able to hold more also increases the rate at which you can draw mana, or it should.

The door swings open and you come face to face with your Mana Acquisition instructor.

“Good, you've come for testing then. Are your reserves full now?”

You hesitate for a moment. It grates you to admit weakness (even if that weakness is obviously tied to having some incredible power like almost bottomless mana reserves). Still, she is a teacher and there's no one around.

“They still feel more or less empty,” You grin broadly, “I know a magician should recover in proportion to their reserves, but it seems like my ability simply crushes that logic!” You grin broadly as Miss Anders frowns and strokes her chin.

“That's unusual. I don't think I've heard of such a condition before. Still, the school's library is extensive. I'll begin to do some research. For now, can you simply produce your most draining spell?”

You nod and focus your energy, unleashing the terrifying power of destruction lurking within your soul. You can feel the emptiness in the world around you, a palpable lack that can't be described in relation to any mundane sensation.

1MP spent on Corrosion

You're left devoid of power once more after a mere minute, unable to maintain that dreadful aura. Miss Anders nods thoughtfully, watching you.

“And, compared to your full capacity, how much was that do you think?”

It's hard to judge, but...

“Less than a quarter probably?”

The teacher nods, all business.

“For now then, we'll forget a goal in actual improving your capacity. It's hard to compare one magician to another, but it's unlikely that a magic which doesn't do anything obvious when used would be particularly draining compared to a normal beginner's spells...”

She hesitates, as if deciding whether or not to tell you something, then moves on.

“Right now the important thing is to learn to recover mana more quickly. Most of the students will work on this some in class, but you should make that the goal of your training before anything else. It's almost impossible to really improve your capacity unless you can constantly push your reserves to their limits.”

Her tone is kind, but you understand the bitter truths lurking behind her words. To put it simply, your current condition is pathetic. Your reserves don't seem to be unusually large for a beginner, and might even be smaller than expected, while your regeneration is slow enough to make training those reserves almost impossible, forget normal training.

No matter what other powers they have, a dark lord needs magic strong enough that it seems like a dark miracle. And the root of that power is always going to be energy, the raw ability to push out more, to fight off more and more mages, to battle constantly without ever knowing a moment's peace. This laughable condition of yours is little better than the world telling you to give up here.

Smiling broadly you face Miss Anders. She steps back, staring at your reaction, wondering whether you understand or you're just too stupid. It won't do to be underestimated.

“It's interesting then!” You grin savagely, “Being talented, having things come easily, wouldn't that just be boring?” Anders' eyes widen, staring at you, “But, you've never heard of a talentless dark lord have you? Doesn't that just make it even more exciting! This kind of handicap is just what's needed to make the experience interesting. After all, this just means I need to train even harder, doesn't it?”

You fade to silence, grinning stubbornly, even as you clench your hands into fists. For a moment Miss Anders stares at you, unsure of how to react. Finally she trembles, tosses her head back and starts laughing.

“I don't think I've had many students with that kind of attitude. I almost belived you could do it for a second, but...” she reaches forward and tussles your hair in some misbegotten gesture of affection, “Don't write us teachers off just yet. It's my job to train your capacity, and if you're willing to work to you puke blood then I'm sure I can get you past whatever this is. Alright?”

Your mouth opens involuntarily. You're used to people laughing at your ideals or virtuous fools trying to stop your dark crusade, but... has anyone ever put their faith in you like this before?

It's a strange feeling, one you're not quite sure how to describe.

--------------------

You're tired enough that you have no problem collapsing on the school's gentle lawn to watch the sun slowly descend rather than returning straight to your room. So, you're really that weak aren't you? Reduced to a maid for your own dorm, told that you have no potential, that you lack the talent to achieve your dreams. But... Someone believed in your horror, really accepted that you might just do it for once. Well, what kind of man could falter while supporting someone else's faith on her back?

This world's so big. Of course you're not talented enough! Of course there's someone standing above you at the start. If the world was the kind of place you could knock over that easily then it wouldn't be worth conquering would it?

You won't build your dark empire in a day, so it's fine to take your time, to work toward it step by step until no one can remember that you started off so pathetic, cleaning your own dormitory. No, you'll just go far enough that no one could possibly believe their own memory!

For now though, you lie on the lawn and drift, counting the clouds and dreaming of the future.

It's growing dark by the time you rise and make your way back to the dorm; but you still feel surprisingly energetic, as if the stress from the day has just melted away.

The evening isn't particularly eventful.

It is the 5th day of the seventh month. You have recovered 2 MP overnight. You are no longer well rested.

You don't wake up so early this morning, making it downstairs just in time to quickly have breakfast and dash to class.

Today's mandatory classes are:
    [X] Continental Philosophy 1
    [X] Algebra
    [X] Introduction to Proper Etiquette

And (Choose one elective for today):
    [ ] Physical Education
    [ ]Swimming
    [ ]Dance
    [ ]Fencing
    [ ]Practical Magic:
    [ ]Glyphcrafting
    [ ] Quickcasting
    [ ]Science:
    [ ]Chemistry
    [ ]Physical Sciences
    [ ]Life Sciences
    [ ] The Arts
    [ ] Poetry Appreciation
    [ ] World Literature
    [ ] Painting
    [ ] Sculpture
    [ ] Music
    [ ]Other
    [ ]Self-Study (a free period)
    [ ]Work-Study (earn spending money by doing work around campus, not an actual class)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    cezyou, kffs and pepperjack like this.
  2. ttd0000

ttd0000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X]World Literature More world-building hopefully

My mistake.

3. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

*groan* People still voted for mana capacity testing even though we only had 1 mana?

By the way, Choose ONE.

[X] The Arts
    -[X] Sculpture

4. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

[X] The Arts
    -[X] Sculpture

5. a2znut

a2znut Needs more handholding. [Forever DM]

[X] The Arts
    -[X] Music

6. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

[X] Physical Education
    -[X]Dance

7. ReinZero

ReinZero QQ voters, geniuses at opposing their own goals.

[X]Practical Magic:
    [X] Quickcasting

Because, practical. Oh wait, Mana needs regening still.

[X] The Arts
    -[X] Sculpture

8. RCa

RCa Experienced.

[X]Science:
    [X]Life Sciences

9. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

1d4+1=5 (Class progress increased by 5.

Your first class of the day is philosophy. While all students are expected to study philosophy, it seems that those who plan to focus on magic, are 'encouraged' to push more deeply into the subject than others. What that means is that this class is but the first of many for you, though it doesn't really relate to any of your particular interests. Still, it's not theology or etiquette so you resolve to at least give it a moment's thought.

That attitude lasts until the teacher fails to arrive by the time the first bell rings. Around you students begin to mutter to themselves. You don't bother with such gossip, choosing to wait quietly instead. Finally, several minutes late, an unbrushed head of curly hair pokes into the room.

“Ah, umm... Excuse me...” The man's voice calls out, startling several students, “Is this where continental philosophy is supposed to be held this section?”

For a moment no one answers. Finally, a brave girl at the front of the classroom squeaks out a nod.

“Oh, that's ah... wonderful. Yes.” The thin man pushes the door open with his shoulder and steps in balancing a pile of books far too large for him to carry.

“Ah, anyway. T-this is my first year of teaching so I still have much to learn.” You join other students in giving the instructor a flat stare.

He nervously brushes his bangs out his eyes as he stares quietly at the class for a moment, seemingly waiting for some response.

“Ahem, anyway! This term I hope that we'll be able to work together. This class is mostly aimed at the.... magic was it? course students... So I suspect you're all coming with a certain interest.

Well, I'm not a mage and I don't... really... know that much about magic... Hahahaha.” This, as of yet nameless, teacher's hand seems to be trembling ever so slightly.

“But I'm given to understand that learning philosophy is often considered useful for a magician to better understand their own elements or....” He sighs and shakes his head.

“Umm.... Anyway, philosphy is... Oh, let's just start with an experiment.”

“Who can tell me why they think they exist?”

…. What?

----------------------------------------

1d4+1=4 (Class progress increased by 4.

Having only lost a little faith in the education process, you make your way to algebra. After your philosophy teacher (who never remembered to actually introduce himself) you can't help but feel confident that every other class will be a step up.

Surveying those students who've already arrived for algebra you can't help but spot your roommate desperately trying to duck under her desk as soon as her gaze meets yours.

[ ] Go sit next to her of course
    [ ] Well, if she's trying that hard to avoid you.....

The class itself goes smoothly. The dour faced middle-aged instructor wastes little timie on introductions, moving directly into a quick paced lecture that leaves many of the class struggling to keep up with their notes. Finally you're actually learning something!

1d4+1=3x2 Antibodies (Class progress increased by 6.

Etiquette: the one class you know will be worse than theology or philosophy no matter what happens... After a quick lunch between classes you make it to the class with a few minutes to spare.

The room itself is oddly out of the way in the back of the liberal arts building, smaller than most of your classes. Despite its size, the room is still mostly empty, filled with only an odd dozen other girls. How odd?

Sitting down at the back you sigh and wait for this useless class to start.

“Hello,” the unfamiliar voice carries an accent you haven't heard before. It takes you a moment to remember the purple haired girl sitting down next to you.

“Solstice is it?” She nods quietly, pulling out a small inkwell and paper.

“Do you really think it's necessary to take notes for such a worthless topic as this?”

The girl frowns, chewing the edge of her pen, “You.... really don't understand your situation at all, do you?”

The teacher glides into the room before you can retort, an almost ethereal beauty in clothing far too refined and... disgustingly unmanly for anyone you'd could imagine respecting.

She smiles at the class, not unkindly and patiently waits for the bell to ring.

“Hello everyone, I am Countess Miramie Batshire.” There's several odd murmurs at that. You almost join them, but really, who cares about something so pedestrian as a title! In spirit your title is so far above any of that. The countess tolerates discussion for a few moments before clearing her throat.

“No doubt many of you are wondering why you're here, or rather why there are so few of you here. Etiquette is a mandatory class for all students, as it should be. In fact this is but the first of many such classes you'll be attending so why is this section so small so small?”

Her smile drops fractionally, “I'm afraid the answer has to do with you. Amongst this year's entering class there are thirty-four princesses and seventy three duchesses to be. No less than 84 students can point to an earldom or similar in their immediate family history, and the matter descends downward from there. By contrast, you are all excellent in your own ways. Scholarship students, outlanders, the children of wealthy merchants... Do not think of yourselves inferior for a moment” The countess' flawless smile doesn't change a fraction as she speaks. Ridiculous, to care about such paltry things as birth when one of your excellence is right before her!

“However, the other girls in your class have been learning the art of proper conduct since before they could walk. They understand the subtle languages of fans and flowers, what dress to wear when and precisely how deeply to curtsy at any given moment. Rest assured this is a weapon. Grace and care are amongst a woman's most dangerous weapons and ones you would do well to learn.”

You tremble, clenching your fists beneath your desk. Ridiculous, to care about such pathetic things. A true leader dictates etiquette! They never bother to follow it.

“In mastering these tools you will learn to stand amongst your peers without being looked down upon for your comport. Rest assured that I will be working all of you harder than most any other classes. You are starting behind, but you need not end that way.”

Next to you, Solstice seems to be doing her best to write down everything the teacher says. Hell. Why did you think school was a good idea? Is magic really worth this?

Lastly you choose to take sculpture. For who else is worthy to commit your masculine image to clay? Who else might preserve your face for all time such that anyone might look upon it? Who else could capture the sublime terror of your countenance?

It's only natural that there are simply some things which must be done for oneself. Arriving at class with these hopes in mind, you're shocked to see that there's a handwritten note attached the door announcing that the instructor has taken ill and that classes will resume next week. A book is listed along with a reference number at the library

How do you spend the afternoon? (Choose 4)
    Miss Gunson still wants you cleaning...
    [ ] To the library! It's time to ravage some books
    -[ ] Research your mana recovery disability
    -[ ] You do have reading for Sculpture to get done
    -[ ] Study what topic?
    [ ] It's a beautiful sunny day. Maybe you should just take a nap outside?
    [ ] Exercise
    -[ ] Jogging
    -[ ] How?
    [ ] Practice a spell
    -[ ]Which?
    [ ] Go meet someone
    -[ ] Magic theory is unacceptably easy as it stands. Talk to the teacher.
    -[ ] Seek out another teacher or student?
    [ ] Write-in?

10. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

[X] Well, if she's trying that hard to avoid you.....

[X] Miss Gunson still wants you cleaning...
    -[X] (When you take over the world, you will have her as your enforcer!)
    [X] Go meet someone
    -[X] Magic theory is unacceptably easy as it stands. Talk to the teacher.
    [X] To the library! It's time to ravage some books
    -[X] Research your mana recovery disability
    -[X] Glance at the title of the book that you're 'supposed' to read for Sculpture while you're there.
    [X] It's a beautiful sunny day. Maybe you should just take a nap outside?

11. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

[X] Go sit next to her of course

[X] Exercise
    -[X] Jogging, gotta build up that stamina so start with the basics before moving on to more extensive activities.

12. Ct613hulu

Ct613hulu Experienced.

[X] Exercise
    -[X] Jogging, gotta build up that stamina.

13. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Meleran's your roommate and future minion. There's no way you could just ignore her no matter of how good she is at cowering.

Despite her terrified glances in your direction and faintly and mumbled prayers (she really understands just how to to deal with you!) you sit down next to her and begin preparing yourself for class.

Quietly she squeaks something under her breath.

“Did you say something? A real man can't afford to be that shy you know!” grinning, you give her a firm pat on the back, eliciting another squeak.

The girl looks down, absently playing with the hem of her skirt before raising her eyes to meet yours.

“I.... I think I hate you, a little, maybe.” Her defiance lasts only a second before her eyes fall back to her desk.

“Oh, is that so? Well that's fine as well! Yes, envy me, loathe me! Let me become the beacon of all that is reviled, all that you despise, all that you wish you could have in your world! For what else could I be? But remember, longing and hatred are but two sides of the same coin! So feel free to hate me if you dare! You'll still end up serving at my side in the end”

A few students interrupt the moment with inane babblings wondering if 'she' is 'like that', but you pay such irrelevant nonsense no heed. For her part, Meleran just buries her head in her hands.

And like that, the teacher arrives.

-----------------------

As eager as you are to get to work, your commitment to Gunson demands your attention. Walking back to the dorm after class, you grab a wash-cloth and begin.

It's hard to say whether the work or the company is more irksome. Still, the periodic spurts of violence between you and Rothstein do manage to liven up the affair. You're not the hero, it's not your job to care what innocent bystanders may or may not find a hellish mop or bucket's worth of soapy water in their hair. The fact that those both happen is simply Rothstein's inadequacy as a hero!

You'll tell that to Gunson tomorrow if she asks what happened. Faintly, you worry that it may not sound as solid to her as it obviously should be.

----------------------

4d4=12 Diligent Scholar Applies 12/30 progress toward researching disability

However your classes may have gone so far, the school's library has a feel to it that makes the whole experience worth it. Set well away from both the magic and natural philosophy buildings, the library stands by itself, a large multistoried building filled with books as far as the eye can see. You could spend a year in here and not finish everything. For the most part books are arranged neatly by subject, with valuable books stored away from the sun in a locked basement.

Right, you have a mission. Regretfully you wipe away a little bit of drool and get to work.

First you track down Fundamentals of Classical Sculpture, a thick, lavishly illustrated volume. Seeing that the reading there looks to be fairly straightforward you put it aside for now and aim for your real work.

You don't even know where to begin looking up a malady like yours, so you start with the basics. Khapri's Introduction to Magical Theory is a longstanding classic and one you've enjoyed before, as is Demark's more recent Theories on Elements.

Neither tells you more than you already knew. Magicians gather mana from 'god' or some unseen unknown source. Mana is accrued naturally at a fixed rate regardless of whether a magician awake or asleep, at work or at rest. What's more, both weak and strong magicians tend to recover almost the entirety of their mana in roughly equivalent times, approximately half a day to a full day.

Khapri, ever the theorist, posits this as evidence that the amount of mana magicians use is roughly equivalent and training to use mana is merely learning to use it more efficiently. Useless to you, and—Demark argues—entirely incorrect. Perspectives proves more useful, noting that magicians do not all recover their magic at precisely the same rate and provides documentation to show that magicians who quickly train their reserves tend to see magical regeneration lagging behind a little in the process.

What you do glean from the reading is the names of several texts Demark lists as sources. Wonderful. Of the books he cites, one is an obscure study done three hundred years ago in some outland language you can't read, another is a training manual for techniques posited to increase magical recovery speed and the last a section in another well known book arguing in favor of the externalist school.

Setting aside the study for the moment, you quickly procure the training manual. While it does provide several interesting theories about increasing regeneration temporarily, it lacks any strong indications as to what might be plaguing you. Still, the theories are interesting and you make a note to practice them later if Miss Ander's proposed methods for such work prove different or inadequate.

The last source is the most promising. Arguments in favor of Externalist Elemental Structures—a large, argumentative volume aimed mostly at academics—actually describes your malady almost exactly.

While most magicians tend to acclimate extraordinarily well and express strong fondness for things related to their own power, a few rare exceptions demonstrate significant unease with their elements. Most often such cases have arisen in the wake of bitter experiences. Water magicians who almost drowned as children and pyromancers who watched parents die in a burning building are but a few of these wretched individuals. If, as the intrinsic theorist argues, elements were a reflection of oneself, the existence of such magicians would be an impossibility. It seems absurd to believe that a hydrophobe such as some cases might have anything in their nature which invokes the creation of water.

More significantly, Newman notes that a subset of these cases evidenced severe disability using their magic, pushing through their terrors only to discover it incredibly draining to use even the weakest most basic spells. Likewise such broken pitable souls proved to regenerate mana far more slowly than their peers, as if they subconsciously rejected the presence of the divine in their lives.

Wretched to behold, this rare phenomonen illustrates clearly that one's connection to an element is immutable even before such power is awo.....

So, Newman. The text fails to cite anything beyond the name, but it's a start. Now, to get to work.

You push to your feet to find the book, stretching and yawning as you do so. A glance out the window tells you that the sun's already starting to set.

Filing away the name for now, as well as the location you found it, you re-shelve your research materials and leave the library for now.

As a true man, as well as a true overlord, demands excellence in all endeavors and it's not enough to simply read. A man must act with haste to seize what he wants from the world! And your pitifully smooth skin and proportions, no matter how aesthetically pleasing, are absolutely unacceptable. The only solution is to build piles of true manly muscles.

Changing into more relaxed clothes you prepare yourself for an evening jog around the campus. For now, one lap will do! Next time, you'll do two, then four! At that pace you'll be running forever in no time at all!

You prep carefully, stretching, precisely as you read you should in a book, you ready yourself and start running, falling into a slow jog.

---------------------------------------

Agony. Your lungs beg for air, yet each desperate breath seems only to fill them with acid. Your legs scream. The serrated fangs of some invisible demon pass painlessly through the skin to rend your muscles. Your body cracks and burns. Your every instinct begs for you to stop here! You've done enough, run further than anyone sane should run.

No! You won't give up. As impressive as it is to jog 100 whole yards without a break you've made a commitment. The edges of your vision darken. Pain slowly surrenders its place to oblivion, but still you run! Each footfall resounds like a funeral bell.

Finally your legs give out under you, sending you tumbling to the ground. You only made it halfway, but your legs will simply carry you no further. Tomorrow you'll do bett......

It's long dark by the time you regain consciousness and stumble back to the dorm. Wearily you sneak into the showers quickly before falling hopelessly into bed.

--------------------------------------------

It is now the 6th day of the 7th month. You regained 3 mana yesterday.

You stumble out of bed and downstairs to breakfast, doing your level best to ignore the painful aches throughout your legs and back. Meleran seems to have taken to waking rather early to avoid you in the mornings, though you can't quite bring yourself to complain. Today is a new day though.

Your classes today are mana training, magical theory, theology and spell creation
    [ ] Go to class
    [ ] Skip

How do you spend the afternoon? (Choose 3)
    [ ] Miss Gunson still wants you cleaning...
    [ ] To the library! There seem to be books that dare resist your dark reign. (remember this counts as two)
    -[ ] Research your mana recovery disability (12/30)
    -[ ] You do have reading for Sculpture to get done
    -[ ] Study what topic?
    [ ] It's a beautiful sunny day. Maybe you should just take a nap outside?
    [ ] Exercise
    -[ ] How?
    [ ] Practice a spell
    -[ ]Which?
    [ ] Go meet someone
    -[ ] Magic theory is unacceptably easy as it stands. Talk to the teacher.
    -[ ] Seek out another teacher or student?
    [ ] Write-in?

14. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Can we vote to go to class first and see how much mana is left before we decide on the other actions?

15. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Hmm...

If you vote to go to class, end up spending a ton of mana and do something that's very mana intensive afterwards I'll let you repick.

16. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

[X] Go to class

[X] Miss Gunson still wants you cleaning..
    [X] To the library! There seem to be books that dare resist your dark reign. (remember this counts as two)
    -[X] Research your mana recovery disability (12/30)

17. RCa

RCa Experienced.

Your classes today are mana training, magical theory, theology and spell creation
    [X] Go to class

[X] Go meet someone

Each Library visit takes two slots, Adyen, and we only have three slots.

Switched to visit teacher because Darkened said we wouldn't be able to test out if we leave it too long (we might not be able to test out anyway - we don't exactly have a sterling reputation).

18. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Don't forget we only have 3 actions this round.

19. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

[X] Go to class

[X] Miss Gunson still wants you cleaning..
    [X] To the library! There seem to be books that dare resist your dark reign. (remember this counts as two)
    -[X] Research your mana recovery disability (12/30)

100 yards? One moment... that's not even full 100 meters. I knew that she was horrible physically, but man.

Poor girl :)

20. ttd0000

ttd0000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Plan RCa

21. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

[X] Go to class

[X] Go meet someone

22. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

[!] Go to class

[!] Miss Gunson still wants you cleaning...
    [!] Go meet someone
    -[!] Magic theory is unacceptably easy as it stands. Talk to the teacher.
    [!] It's a beautiful sunny day. Maybe you should just take a nap outside?

This looks to be the winner. Votes locked.

Edit: Gah, sorry. Been putting off the update way too long, but I don't want to just call this quits. Instead I'm declaring a bit of a hiatus. Quest will be resumed in early January (if anyone still cares.)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    rcnr and pepperjack like this.