• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Calderon is You

Kaede Kanzaki-Calderon (25), 3013

Well we're going to need to gradually even that out. Nothing right away - let things calm down a bit but plan on a year from now doing a full review.

Alright. It's pretty nasty though.

Long hard work to manage that.

Ian's actually furious. He wants to know if its universal or if its just in this cluster. Because depending on the answer he gets... well... this is still technically part of the Federated Suns and the First Prince is not happy. These people are still his people, and Taurian or no, this kind of violation of fundamental human rights in the Federated Suns...

:mad::mad::mad:

"I didn't think it was this bad at first. Honestly if reports hadn't shown some of this I'd not have even considered accepting them."

The irony is this shit is the ammunition for the strictly anti-davion crew...

Corporations not military corps I hope.

Corperations.

Well at least I'm stimulating the booze industry.

Sales of Taurian Brandy are at an all time high... and you happen to own the company that makes it ;)

[/quote]

You find Alexander Santiago, a man considered among most to be the moderate voice of the Taurians of the Cluster. He's a pretty impressive figure who has been one of the largest voices in support of the march since its inception among the locals.

Once we have enough metal and manpower, that's the general idea.

You have enough manpower to do the job... as long as you assume the Davions aren't invading tomorrow afternoon to break you to the yoke.

I'll wait and see if their opinion changes after the revenue comes in and we can allocate additional resources to making sure we're secure.

They haven't been instituted yet. They're still trying to advise you on the issue. :p

Well, yeah, but most of those other uses are kind of questionable in terms of how cost effective they are.

Riv, when you look at the cover of the Battletech core book, what is looking back at you?

Beyond that, one thing remains true that was true since as early as there was war. To hold ground, you actually need infantry.

And the Concordant has lots of it.

... that never works out, so no, no off the books squads of sociopaths.

You sure... ;)

"Ladies ... if I were the type I'd say something pithy and suave here. Instead, all I'll say is, let's get to work," I say, doff my jacket to the back of my seat and roll my sleeves up, then wave at an aide for writing materials and the ever-present collection of data slates. "And I hope the coffee doesn't run out."

Dry looks.

Must. Not. Say that thing that popped into my head about this not being the way I'd like to spend an all-nighter with a pair of attractive women.

You might get called on it. ;)

And hey, doesn't Canopus have more than decent ASF units? I suggest an exchange of military advisors to cross-teach out people effective doctrine, both for air, space and ground combat.

No they have a good intelligence service and an all you can fuck prostitute buffet.

Less effective than dedicated carrier jumpships, but probably more flexible, since if we start jumpship production back up we'll want versatility first.

Carrier jumpships kinda suck actually. A Docking collar on a jumpship is 1000 tons and can mount up to a 100kt dropship. Jumpship cores use over 90% the ships mass.

Consider that.

With lots of charts, graphs, and a comprehensive and honest report about operational effectiveness of such an approach to providing defense coverage for our worlds. I have people draw those up for me after all.

You get them.

Kaede Kanzaki-Calderon (25), 3013
Alright. It's pretty nasty though.
This no longer surprises me.

Ian's actually furious. He wants to know if its universal or if its just in this cluster. Because depending on the answer he gets... well... this is still technically part of the Federated Suns and the First Prince is not happy. These people are still his people, and Taurian or no, this kind of violation of fundamental human rights in the Federated Suns...

:mad::mad::mad:
Well that's what prosecutors are for.

The irony is this shit is the ammunition for the strictly anti-davion crew...
Get them to put their money where their mouths are and start investing in the March.

Excellent. Also look at encouraging in investments of local Taurian-owned businesses, even at a low level.

Sales of Taurian Brandy are at an all time high... and you happen to own the company that makes it ;)
It's a start.

You find Alexander Santiago, a man considered among most to be the moderate voice of the Taurians of the Cluster. He's a pretty impressive figure who has been one of the largest voices in support of the march since its inception among the locals.
He's hired.

My general feeling is that the best way to smooth over the rough edges is to have the wealth of the Taurian March rise, which should mean most people will figure out things are going well for them. Making them the Taurian Concordat's primary trading partner and bringing in a lot of capital to stimulate the economy seems like a practical way to get things working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back