1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Phantom In Brockton Bay (Worm/Danny Phantom)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Hannibalkid, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Threadmarks: Prologue
    Hannibalkid

Hannibalkid Getting out there.

Time: 2004 ( During The Ultimate Enemy event)
    POV: Daniel (Danny) Fenton

My eyes open, accompanied by a startled breath. I feel confused when the sight that meets me is the clouds of the sky. On second thought those aren't clouds. They're too dark to be clouds, it's smoke.

With my hands, I push my self up from the ground with effort. Upon moving my body is racked with pain. A quick look shows my typical wear of a white t-shirt with a red circle in the middle and jeans. Both are ripped in places and covered in soot. I definitely need a change of clothes.

On observation of my body next, it's covered in bruising and cuts. A look around my surroundings shows broken down buildings and fire spread across the streets. Craters from blast lay all over the streets and sidewalk.

That's enough for me to remember what happened.

My fight with Him. How I felt so powerless, a feeling that felt like my time with Pariah Dark, but even then I had the exoskeleton suit. Along with all the ghosts who revolted against his return. This time it was just me against the worst being in creation. Someone filled with so much hate and sadistic tendencies.

Then I thought of the explosion, I couldn't stop it. I can see it still burning ahead of me. Its fire burning the brightest and smoke rising in heaps into the sky. Darkening everything below it. My family and friends directly in the center of all that. Their bodies are most likely not even recoverable or recognizable.

This makes my gut clench and I feel nausea overcoming me. My stomach feeling like it went through a dozen flips.

I couldn't get to them in time. Tears start to form in my eyes and my heart feels like it's breaking inside my body. Like something just shattered inside of me.

Breathing gets harder and harder the more I think of them.

It's all my fault that this happened. Which is pretty literal, because it was all His fault. That monster that only existed because I was going to cheat on a test.

A now irrelevant test, that holds no meaning to me anymore. Nothing does anymore. A helplessness overtakes my mood and the weight of it all comes bearing down slowly. If only there was some way...

But wait!

There's still a chance at fixing this. I need to find Clockwork. He can fix this for me. Hope and determination fills me once more.

Wiping my tears away, I look around for the thermos containing Him. I find it at my side and pick it up with a tight grip. Anger sprouts in me before I stomp it down and focus on what matters. That small nap took away some of the exhaustion from the fight. Note to self on using that ghostly wail with care.

"Going ghost!" I shout. The white rings form at my waist and expand over my body till I'm back into my black and white hazmat suit. The stylized D rests on the chest of my suit. Making me feel like a super hero from comics every time.

Most of the pain disappears when transitioning to become more energy-like in the construction of my body. No longer feeling so tired either, but energized once more. The many perks of being dead are great sometimes.

My legs merge and form into one wispy tail like appendage connecting directly to my waist. I speed off towards my home. The only place close enough that still has a portal.

"Don't worry everybody, I'll fix this. I promise," I mutter only to myself to reaffirm my objective. Arriving at my home in a short moment, thanks to my fast speeds.

I phase through the walls of my home, spotting a picture with my family hanging on the wall. My eyes grow misty, but I wipe it away quickly. Only further incensing my resolve to change their fates.

Once more phasing through the floor shows the daunting portal that changed everything in my life. A prized creation of my parents. They were so excited when they first made it only for it to fail. If only they knew how wrong they were. I sure got to know.

My feelings are mixed concerning this device. It gave me powers that are unimaginable to the normal person. Yet, it also killed me. Not everyday someone gets to have an experience like mine thanks to this.

Sam and Tucker often brush it off as just getting powers and acting like I won the lottery. It angers me when they think like that. Wonder how they would feel if they knew what it was really like.

It wasn't some lucky lottery moment for me. I felt so much pain, I thought I was gonna die. Then it turns out I did die, but didn't at the same time. Like a perfect example of Schrodinger's cat. Sam explained what that was to me and it really does fit.

Thinking of Sam also hurts a lot, but I made a promise to her. So she has to come back to know I kept that promise. I once again force those thoughts away like any healthy person. Thinking once again back to the portal.

Turning me into what is known as a Halfa among the Ghost community. To be both dead and alive at the same time. Always a confusing topic when brought up.

So yes the circumstance behind it was not something I like to think about, but that event happening made the rest of my life feel so lively. Irony at its finest, I guess.

Before my powers I was just some helpless loser without powers who got bullied and after I was a loser who now had powers, but still got bullied. What a transformation!

Taking my eyes off of the portal, I look at the control panel. Flying over and powering up the machine with a few switches turns on the portal.

The sound of thrumming energy fills the basement laboratory. Green light radiates from the portal, basking the room with its eerie look. The same green color that I radiate from my body and eyes. Unnatural to anybody who sees it.

Taking a fake deep breath (Ghost don't breath), I rush into the portal. Feeling the difference in atmosphere instantly upon entering. It feels comfortable to be here in my ghost form.

What greets me is the complete randomness of the Ghost Zone in all its infinite wackiness. Like a madhouse at a carnival that never ends and is made with the favorite colors of green and purple.

Green fills my vision as far as my eye can see. Stairs littered all across going every which direction with no end. Buildings that come in complete and destroyed conditions. No wonder the ghosts come into the living world all of the time. This place can get really old so fast.

The only separate colors coming from the Ghost Zone are the purple doors that fly around that lead to the lairs of the ghost. Too bad I'm having a hard time remembering which was actually Clockwork's lair.

I don't really have a direction to go specifically, so all I can really do is just fly around till I find something that represents timey things. Find Clockwork and then fix this horrible nightmare of mine. The only problem is thinking which direction to start heading

"Just my luck," I grumble with annoyance. And so I begin my search with a heavy heart and a determined mind.

Flying around, head turning from side to side. My white hair flows behind me as I search with a careful eye. Hopefully there's nobody around to bother me.

Well other than the blobs that float around, but they are mainly just harmless to me. Ghost that never materialized fully due to not having a strong obsession or just not having one in general.

I often wonder what my own obsession is. Every ghost has one, including Halfas. That fruit loop Vlad's obsession probably has something to do with my mom. God knows how head over heels he is for her. A total creep.

I wonder how he would feel knowing mom is gone. I feel a pang of hurt with that thought and quickly switch focus to avoid those feelings. Everything will be fine anyways.

I'm broken from my thoughts when the Ghost Zone starts shaking. I stopped my flight for a moment to look around. The shaking continues, when a freaking crack starts to appear near me. First time I've ever seen something like this. And also the last time if I have anything to say about it.

Screw that! I fly directly in the opposite direction, but then start to feel a pull from the crack. The suction force from the crack becomes stronger and stronger. Oh, come on!

I'm already flying at max speed! Which is pretty fast. Yet, I'm not gaining any distance from it.

The small blobs are pulled into the crack to wherever the hell that goes. I might have felt a little pity for them, if I also wasn't going to get sucked in.

Eventually the pull becomes too strong for me and I start to slowly ease backwards. My fate is probably going to be similar to the blobs at this rate.

"No, no, no!" I shout out in frustration. Of all the damn times for the Ghost Zone to do something crazy, it has to be when I'm here and when I need to do something important. Why can't something work on my schedule for once.

What kind of bull crap is this!

A quick look shows that my wispy tail is literally about to touch the crack. I close my eyes from the effort of resisting the pull and grit my teeth in desperation.

Ghosts have unlimited stamina, but this is freaking insane to hold up forever. I just got out of a battle that I was losing like 99% percent of the time. That nap was a nice refresher, but I still don't feel strong enough to keep this up.

All of the struggling was for nothing though. My tail touches the crack and I'm instantly pulled through. My sense of direction is all wobbly as I feel my turn in all directions until I stop in motion, Opening my eyes to a dirty alleyway. Definitely thought I would end up somewhere weirder. That's how these types of things usually go for me.

I hear a strange sound as I look behind only to see the crack closing. I try to race back to it before it closes completely.

Luck wasn't at my side as it closes and dissipates into nothing. Leaving me here floating in some dingy alleyway. A look down still shows the thermos containing Him in my hand. Great, looks like I'm gonna be in a bad company wherever I am.

I turn invisible and intangible, to stay hidden and not make any noise. Flying straight into the air high and then looking down to observe where I am.

From my observation, I can obviously tell it's a coastal city. Other than that though... What the hell!

Is that a bubble in the ocean!?

Change location: Brockton Bay

A/N: Alright so this is my first time writing on this site, so don't crucify me yet. I wrote this mainly because I really wanted to see a Danny Phantom in Worm Verse. And when you want a job done, you have to do it yourself sometimes.

So first things first. All rights of Worm and anything related to it belong to Wildbow. And Danny Phantom belongs to whoever owns him at the current time.

My scheduling when it comes to posting is pretty erratic so don't expect constant updates, but I won't abandon so no worries there.

So other than that, please leave any proper criticisms that can help me be better as a writer. Like grammar mistakes or how a character would probably act.

Also it's kind of hard to determine how strong Danny would be in the Worm verse, so help on details there would also be nice. Personally I think he would be capable of being a pretty big powerhouse considering how versatile his powers are. Especially considering he gets stronger with time and circumstances as seen with Dan Phantom.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  2. Darklight90

Darklight90 Getting sticky.

Imo I think Danny would do pretty well since in Worm there’s no anti-ghost tech to harm or slow him down so that means he doesn’t have worry about any weakness or those countering him when he goes intangible, you know it would be funny if Danny just go intangible and just grabs a Endbringer core and fling it into outer space or better yet since Endbringer lack will compare to human since their more or less machines Danny can
    just posses one with a bit of struggle. i suggest read up on Danny feats like the time he lifted a whole bus full of people easily among the few maybe check the wiki or other sites. There still capes that would exceed Danny in strength, speed, durability, blasting power etc but Danny versatility still would give him a edge on a lot of things well that and he usage of intangibility, possession, etc in which characters will have an extremely difficult time countering if at all

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  3. Hannibalkid

I never really thought of danny overshadowing a endbringer, but honestly it would probably be easy for him to do so. He was capable of overshadowing his own father who was known to have a strong will power and his father even was resistant to Vlad overshadowing him to for a moment. Danny also overshadowed a Vlad duplicate too and vlad definitely is up there in will power and also being a powerful ghost. So that is one way of taking down an endbringer.

The other way is a ghostly wail, which is honestly one of Danny's most overpowered abilities. We only see it used against ghost and buildings in detail. But I feel if it was used on humans then those people will be leaking out their brains through their ears. Since it counts as a vibrational attack on not only the physical level, but the spiritual level too. Scary stuff for a cartoon character than never really gets to use it. These are just two ways danny can take one down, which is a lot more than most people in worm can even do.

Funny how cartoon characters can be so broken when taken out of their own worlds. Imagine what Timmy Turner can do.

Bepson, Leodio, igfry and 6 others like this.
  4. Darklight90

or imagine Ben 10 with all his aliens, Generator Rex may not be exactly that strong compare to others but his nano machines are still decent heck Rex is just as likely to hack an Endbringer give the opportunity to study and figure how they work, Bill Cipher(from Gravity falls) is basically over kill since there no method to kill him except by using the one from canon even then dump him in worm, Zion and the Endbringer will have no method to deal with him, Bill has the potential to kill either if give the opportunity. The power puff girls have variety of powers and are also ridiculous strong like Alexandria level and as fast as Legend since they can move fast enough to time travel tho they do suffer from inconsistency in power levels in which it will be up to fic author how they handle it but at their strongest interpretation those 3 girls can kill Endbringers, there’s also the my little pony top tiers or gods. Sorry for the long response anyway yeah if a few cartoons like Danny phantom, Ben 10 etc were taken seriously outside their worlds they would be op

Trixuny2000, Hannibalkid and Doccer like this.
  5. Axcart

Axcart Not too sore, are you?

I can def see Uber and Leet kicking his ass when they do a ghost buster stream, it could also be Luigi's Mansion stream

Forsaken139, Doccer and Hannibalkid like this.
  6. Hannibalkid

Ok, had to delete some stuff from the prologue. Just the Dani bit was deleted because I forgot she doesn’t even exist yet. Had to go and look at the episode order again of Danny phantom to really look at the timeline. My bad.

Forsaken139 and DannyPhantom619 like this.
  7. CynicalPhant0m

CynicalPhant0m Trying (And Failing) At Being Human.

I'm not sure if he'll be as OP as some replies seem to think, because it feels like some multidimensional effects might have a good chance of working on him, seeing as there IS a whole Ghost-Zone dimension. Not even taking into account how some temporal locks or pocket dimensions would interfere with his phasing or overshadowing. And it probably won't be hard for a lot of tinkers to get a scan and space-whale at ectoplasm with their power/passenger/shard. Just feels like it could get weird fast after powers themselves are exposed to him.

Also, Master/Stranger is something they already deal with in Worm.

8. Darklight90

How would they know that? Or where they will pull that from just from sample? Thats stretching it too much just to make sure Danny gets counter for no reason other because people assume tinker can do that, Also why would multi dimensionsal stuff work on a literal ghost phasing ability, plus you said the ghost zone which doesn’t make sense Danny could still phase through stuff in the ghost Zone and also if your human your basically a ghost. Temporal or dimensional lock wouldn’t work or interfere either because his body became literally intangible and cant be affected by such powers if they try to hit him with, where are you pulling that from?

DannyPhantom619 likes this.
  9. CynicalPhant0m

Ok, I'll admit that I didn't explain very clearly, it won't be an instant “Direct countermeasures for HIM specifically” type of situation, but the Fenton's (regular, if smart, humans) were able to design and build “Ecto-Tech” as a college experiment, are you telling me that no powers anywhere on Earth-Bet will be able to compare? Thinkers, Tinkers? Really smart scientists, DRAGON/AI Over Lady?

PRT already has M/S checks (including checking with thermal/pressure/other for invisible or shape-shifter Strangers, and passwords/behavior models for Masters) just as a matter of policy/protocol, even just thermal imaging should be able to spot him.

As for the Ghost-Zone thing, it is literally a different dimension, the MATTER in that dimension is made of ectoplasm and behaves as a ghost would (phasing through “normal” matter), him phasing through those were just him reverting to baseline human, but multiple powers “could” (theoretically) have effect (Labyrinth, Doormaker, Scrub, Lilly/Fléchette/Foil, Myrdin… all confirmed multidimensional effects), what with the way he can't phase through portals themselves (i.e., being pulled through one already in this story, instances from the show of him getting lost in Time/Space after portal/rift/Infini-Map mishaps)

But consider this, the Manton Effect, you know, that thing that says whether a power will or won't work on “LIVING” things? Wonder how Danny would react to Vista getting “spooked” and suddenly having his torso stretched a quarter mile long!

Also, I may be wrong here, but I thought all Earth-Bet powers were networked or something… And mostly multidimensional in nature anyway (Shards reaching across dimensions to generate/cause powers in the first place).
    All it would take is for the first sample of Ectoplasm/Ecto-Energy to be seriously studied for most of his OP to deflate to more reasonable levels.

I'm not saying Danny will get bull rushed by everyone in the setting, I'm just saying it won't be a complete curb stomp in the other direction either.

(sorry for word vomit, not used to/good at translating thoughts to words)

Edit: These hurdles won't help anybody whose power is at least a little dependent on real/unaltered physics (early Skitter, Bitch/Hellhound/Rachel, Assault, Battery, Miss Militia, Aegis, Weld, ALL OF NEW WAVE, Skidmark, Mush, Kaiser, Lung, literally any Tinker before studying/learning of Ectoplasm)

Edit 2 “Redundant Bugaloo”: Don't know how Bakuda will pan out though… Can Danny phase through a BLACK-HOLE?! TIME-STOP BUBBLE?! (Clockwork exists… could affect Danny… TIME = VALID ISSUE!)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  10. Darklight90

dude one Said humans are from a different world that isn’t exactly reality worm supposed base on our world and Danny phantom own isn’t just to make that clear dont use the argument of “regular smart humans” to support this I’ve seen many Vs thread that shut this down. Just because thinker or tinker figure out what he is they wont be able to counter Danny because its literally not in their specialization or knowledge of such technology your basically make up bs reason for why tinkers able to create ghost tech which the logic of it falls apart, your not the first to say “but tinkers can do this and that” when said tinkers couldn’t figure out a way to kill Endbringers despite literally getting chunks of them in fights. Also thermal vision method only works so far before Danny just phases through the floor and pops up again
    now your just making stuff up and saying one compares to the other when it doesn’t you have literally zero proof or evidence of this, said portal he got pull to is literally ectoplasm ones which arent comparable and he wasnt even intangible when it happen, see this is the type of stuff saying all of sudden one power affect the other when Danny literally goes intangible he’s not launching his body into another dimensional to even be affect by sting more likely it will just pass through him multidimensional shit would do less then nothing to Danny once he goes intangible
    …Danny is still a living thing Vista power would do nothing to him or he can just go intangible like usual, seriously where are you getting this from?
    Yeah like I said wouldn’t work since tinkers having sample of Endbringer did nothing to kill them your just pulling a straw to avoid Danny from having an a power that cant be counter
    at this point your really pulling at straws by using clockwork a literal ghost with time power and compare to worm own time powers by the way nice job ignoring the fact Danny didnt go intangible once in that fight against clockwork that whole fight and ignoring the fact Clockwork can counter not through his time powers but because he’s also a ghost and also what would a black hole do to someone that literally isn’t there and is no different then trying to harm a hologram
    edit:
    What? No it wasnt human in there were ghost, basically the reverse he wasnt turn back into base and again Danny can still pass through stuff in the ghost zone once he go intangible episodes later

11. Hannibalkid

Let me answer some of these for the story.

When Danny goes into an intangible state he transitions into a non matter form. So unless your a ghost the chances of affecting him in that state are slim to none.

the vista thing where she can stretch him may work, but at the same time it wouldn’t kill Danny. His body has been shown to go through moments of complete shifting in the show. He was literally turned into puddle like state at one point but just reformed his body. So stretching is non-fatal.

The black whole theory wouldn’t work because ghost aren’t affected by laws of gravity. Danny can be in perfect equilibrium no matter how he stands or goes. Also becoming intangible once again negates the effects of gravity. The only time he gets sucked into stuff during the show is either by a ghost with abilities to pull things or a thermos specially designed for ghost

as for the tinkers and thinkers theory. I honestly don’t think they would be able to figure it out. My reasoning for this is because thinkers and tinkers need some for a basis to work on or a specialty that can’t be changed too much. If they do get some ectoplasm, it would just be like a new form of energy. Doesn’t mean they will have the answers to make portals to the ghost zone on first look. There’s no fact to state it even comes from some other dimension (at least from what they know). It will be more like a mystery goo/liquid to them.

Redav, CynicalPhant0m and Darklight90 like this.
  12. CynicalPhant0m

Edit: NINJA'D BY AUTHOR-SAMA!
    I will abide Author-Sama's word, but will leave up my post as it took a while to type up for me, and some points not directly veto'd by Author-Sama may still be valid.

Shards, you know? Source of powers? Things that LITERALLY MADE ENDBRINGERS?! They were LIMITED SPECIFICALLY to prevent them from working against Endbringers and ENTITIES when they arrived.
    Not ghosts… why wouldn't they, when NOT FORBIDDEN, be able to use the GIANT, CONTINENT SIZED SUPERCOMPUTERS THEY ARE to crack Ectoplasm?

Edit5 "The Wut-ening": Looking over this again, it came out WAY more insulting than I thought it did, I was more asking if you could point me at any sources that could prove OR disprove my theory… I honestly don't know why it came out this way, but people IRL have mistaken me speaking what I thought was normally as me being upset or angry, I may need to work on this.

Do you have proof that he doesn't? Has his phasing ever been explained? Could he not maybe be moving some of himself into the Ghost-Zone to bypass the Human Realm?
    Ectoplasm portal? So he could have avoided it by turning human?
    Then I guess he could have just phased through the INTERDIMENSIONAL PORTAL THAT BROUGHT HIM HERE… Oh, wait, no he couldn't.

Your argument for him being as OP as you say is that “he is ghost, he can phase through, ghost phase different from shard phase” GHOST = DEAD, DEAD = NOT LIVING, NOT LIVING = INVERTED MANTON EFFECT = Faultline could cut, Crusader projections can't touch, and VISTA CAN STRETCH! It might just be inverted when he is ghost form or not, I don't know, author fiat and all that.
    And Vista doesn't stretch “Things In Space”, She stretches SPACE ITSELF in her area of influence, artificially limited to areas with non-living things by her shard.

Edit2 “The Re-Doing”: As Author-Sama has said these might be true, although the damage caused may be so miniscule as to be ignored outright.

See Above About Powers Being SPECIFICALLY LIMITED AGAINST ENDBRINGERS/ENTITIES! And even then later chapters have it being discovered that they are “Impossibly dense” and “Fractal Crystalline Structure” by powers that were LIMITED AGAINST THEM.

Oh yes, the ghost whose power is TIME, being a ghost doesn't change the fact that TIME is what he influences that then influences Danny, it's the TIME part not the GHOST part that makes him so powerful, or are you saying that the Box Ghost or the Ectopus could destroy Earth-Bet?

Edit3 “Edit HARDER”: Author-Sama has stated phasing includes limited immunity to all laws of physics (limited so only ghosts or Ecto-tech can affect), making gravity irrelevant.

“what would a black hole do to someone that literally isn’t there and is no different then trying to harm a hologram”… Did you just ask how a thing that can trap and absorb everything up to and including LIGHT could possibly damage a thing MADE OF LIGHT? Nevermind the fact that Danny doesn't go flying off into space every time he phases, so gravity must still affect him even phased (flight lets him fight gravity, not ignore it). I doubt he has ever flown fast enough to keep pace with the planet if his phasing worked against gravity.
    Hologram=Light, Light=Affected by time and GRAVITY(dangerous part of interacting with black hole)… Time also would affect ghosts, maybe not as much as humans, but Danny is half human, or are you saying that he doesn't experience time like normal? Does he not age? Could he phase through TIME ITSELF?! Even if he could phase out, if he was frozen in time (less than 0.000000001 seconds pass for him, 10,000 years for area outside time stop) how could he even know he needs to phase, or can he sense the passage of time beyond his own senses? And react FASTER THAN THOUGHT?! OR LIGHT?!
    I don't think facts matter to you anymore, you just don't like someone disagreeing with a power-wank you enjoy… (not going to lie I DO like the story so far too, so not mad about this)

I don't think we will agree on this, I can see some of where you're coming from on this, I also feel that my points have a decent grounding in what is known from both settings (Danny Phantom is one of my favorite cartoons, Worm is one of my favorite web novels), and I thought my points did a good job of trying to point out interactions between two different (FICTIONAL) sets of laws of physics, what with Ghosts/Ectoplasm being completely absent from Worm and Giant, Multidimensional Space-Whales being completely absent from Danny Phantom.

I think I'm done being accused of not knowing the source material when the other side is inferring as much if not more about the mechanics involved.
    Goodbye.

Edit4 “The Retconning”: While applying other edits, noticed unintentional attitude in post… Am sorry, no insult intended, am bad at “people”.

13. Darklight90

Yeah no, that only works on thinkers or specifically precogs in which their power doesn’t work or blaster powers that arent hax not on tinkers, where are you getting this from? Tinkers dont get block at all, Their isn’t anything forbidding tinkers from it hell they can even clone Endbringer willing to give someone may be able to clone Danny and that its. Also nice argument using continent size super computer can just crack ectoplasm which would do nothing, as the author already answe it for me.
    …so basically you provided zero proof and try to reverse this on me, also the author already explains how intangibility but you Just making shit up on when it literally isn’t how you portrayed because your basing it on worm powers and not on the cartoon. Also it was a ectoplasm portal nice way to ignore that tiny fact but I guess maybe it you trying to downplay Ghost and wank worm, oh wait said portal are the ghost zone I guess that still doesn’t mean anything.
    seriously? Faultline would do nothing same with Crusader and others and here you throwing inverted Manton affect like it means anything.
    Edit: the author already answer this but my point still stands it wouldnt have too much affect
    Yes powers limited against them for example because a Endbringer warping space affect it counter Chevalier own power base on it but tinkers arent like that since they lack the knowledge to figure out how kill one(well except using hax) despite getting the material for it and dont know what to with it, same would happen with ectoplasm your ignoring that fact and are assume the can pull that knowledge out of nowhere without supporting anything about it, stick to facts not fiction or headcanon
    here we go again, are you ignoring the fact the only method to affect a ghost is another ghost or ghost tech? Also I think your losing it where did pull the box ghost destroying earth bet from?
    The author already explain every time Danny goes intangible he ignores gravity and other stuff your whole black hole argument fall to pieces and isn’t even valid same for dimensional stuff, your just ignoring because you want to wank worm, you provide no supporting facts, made up some theories and honestly it is you that doesn’t care of facts when you making fictional ones out of your head, you just dont want Danny to have an advantage in worm because it would be unfair and think it will turn into stomp story that your so scare off it honestly sad, the author obviously will try to avoid it and still add tension, you said you arent mad but are trying provide some inane logic to Danny powers by using worm as basis that never works, while ignoring the fact there are still things that can threaten Danny since Danny cant always remain intangible.
    yes we wont agree but you don’t understand where I coming from obviously enough I’ve read worm and WoG, your point arent grounding at all because your using worm as a basis which doesn’t again work out, you said Danny phantom is favorite show but you’ve proven nothing on the point your trying to make on both fictional story by trying to make an interaction over to sources power that wouldn’t make sense, I’ve seen crossover before that done similar and made it clear it separate and not the same. Dont try to bridge a gap that cant be close just because you think it works that way
    “Inferring much if not more” that hypocrisy, also I found more fault with your logic more then anything else, by the way you seem to ignore the fact tinkers can’t Just pull of knowledge out of nowhere but the guess that isn’t anything knew after “continent size computer can figure anything out” seriously there’s issues with this.
    anyway have good day too

14. CynicalPhant0m

I am a slow typer, and don't quite “get” people, but some of your responses feel insulting for no reason beyond it disagrees with your opinion.
    (Edit2 “The My Bad-ening”: In response to a response, this response doesn't feel very responsible of me anymore… I dun goofed, sorry about that)

If you would re-check my earlier post you can see where I agreed with “Author-Sama” in edits so it didn't interrupt with multi-post clarifications of my points being re-hashed.

I think I just remembered why it took so long for me to post instead of just lurking here…

Edit “The Resolve-ening”: Looking back, I can see it now, sorry. As I said, “getting people” is hard for me. Putting this here so thread watchers don't get false-hope of an update.

Edit3 “The Re-Read-ening”: After having gone back and found some edits poking holes in my points I concede that I don't have as good a grasp of Danny Phantom as I thought I did, (fannon overwriting cannon in my headspace) also my point about shards “cracking” ectoplasm wasn't so much “They can do whatever they want with it” and was more “They know it exists and can study its effects on reality now”, I can see this leading to a new trigger having a shard dedicated to making Ectoplasm just as a “What if…”, especially since the shards are looking into energy, entropy and related fields.

Edit4 “The Running-Out-Of-Puns-ening”: Sorry, meant it more as “Nearby Shards budded after exposure and tried to use Ectoplasm in configuration somehow, even if just as energy source/goop to throw at enemies.”, not so much a shard dedicated to studying it.

Darklight90 likes this.
  15. Darklight90

It wasnt meant to, I try to remain mostly sarcastic or neutral but your own response wasnt exactly helping either when you trying state as fact somethings functioning or affecting them same when it isn’t. Its like saying someone like Hatchet face can shut down magic because his trump power shut off field. At least im
    willing to say I’m sorry if I offended you and I should express myself more clearly by trying to explain it better.
    edit:
    Not sure, you have to assume a lot plus with Eden dead it will make a far more difficult endeavor since she was the brain of the operations. A new shard that studies ectoplasm is stretching too far imo like the author said at most they’ll see it as interesting goop energy more or less

CynicalPhant0m likes this.
  16. Lumagle

Lumagle Not too sore, are you?

Not to mention that he can imitate the powers of other ghosts seen in the series such as blad and his duplication or the gostly wail of his mauve future version that clearly after agreeing with vlad's was different (although I think it is a copy of ember's powers)

Darklight90 likes this.
  17. Lumagle

or jimmy neutron or maybe both

Darklight90 likes this.
  18. Lumagle

God, it's been a long time since I read such a long discussion outside of a versus thread, I like to see that, now going to the subject of powers, I think it is necessary to say that Danny needed to recover his senses or it will happen to him like the clone of spiderman who created a new power due to stress, his ice powers could mutate and create fire powers or something I don't know, (if I realized how silly it sounds) well I just want to see a good fight where danny makes jokes and stuff .
    Now to survive I speculate that he is going to rob the gangs.
    since the boys in white could have left a bad impression on the government (someone look at the timeline and tell me if you already knew them) so asking the PRT for help is out of the question.

19. Hannibalkid

Danny knew the guys in white already at this point. They were one of the ghost hunters after Danny when Vlad put up a bounty in season 1. Danny was able to imitate powers because he has a very small power absorption ability applied to his ghost shields. Was how he was able to have vortex's weather control abilities for a little bit. Though sometimes the abilities he gains from it are short lived, other times they are permanent.

Also, a little confused on the powers section of your comment. Maybe it was the way it was written, but I had a hard time understanding what was trying to be said.

Darklight90 likes this.
  20. Threadmarks: Chapter 1: Ghostly Aid
    Hannibalkid

POV: Danny

With my interest piqued, I fly over to the coast of the city to observe the bubble. Arriving above the coast, which contains what I can tell as docks there. Except there aren't any ships that look operational here. Ships lay scattered at the docks, none carrying any forms of life or light from them.

Must be shut down or something.

Looking back over to what captured my attention earlier shows what appears to be an energy dome. The energy dome reminds me of my own energy shields for a moment. On the inside of the dome are what I think are buildings, but it’s hard to make out any true details with the weird saturation effect.

Reminds me of when the tv at home would go on the fritz, when mom or dad made some ghost detecting gadget. Said gadget usually messed with the electromagnetic waves of the tv, causing the fritz.

Thinking of mom and dad causes my eyes to grow misty. Wiping away the unshed tears, I head back to the city. My mind focused on what to do now.

A thought crosses me to go over to the dome to investigate more, but I cross out that idea immediately. I don’t know who or what is there. Could be people that hate ghosts. Almost everybody in Amity Park still doesn’t like ghosts. Could only imagine how random people might react to me.

I need to be careful, especially considering I have to carry Him around wherever I go. Rushing into the unknown is the last thing to do at the moment. Even though I rushed over here to get a closer look at this.

Starting now I won’t rush into any more trouble.

Immediately with my overhead look I saw what looked like a small wave of fire. Well actually it wasn’t that small, but from up here everything looks small.

Already feeling that protective urge, my earlier instruction of staying out of trouble was thrown out the window at the thought of people being hurt.

With only a second of thinking, I fly over at my top speeds. Worry and determination being the dominant emotions at the moment. Worry for the people who may be hurt and the determination to do anything to help out.

Arriving in only a matter of seconds thanks to my speed allows me to come immediately to the scene. Said scene was on a rooftop that looks worse for wear. Like it was scorched a little bit and has some marks from what I can assume are claws.

On a rooftop are two people? The first figure is tall, but other than that I can’t make out any other detail. The reason for that is the thing is literally covered head to toe in fire. My first thought is maybe it is a ghost, but my ghost sense hasn’t gone off yet.

Which adds onto my curiosity for a moment before I focus on the other figure. A lanky person based on the first looks from where I’m floating to the side. Long hair cascades down their head but looks a little singed in some places. They looked huddled in on themselves, probably in defense of the matchstick in front of them.

I’m taken from my thoughts as the fire person starts moving their hands around. Flames gathering in their hands. Not one to let someone make the first move, I act with haste.

Holding tightly onto the thermos with one hand, I launch an ecto-blast directly at it. The blast slams into the side of the figure and he is blasted off of the rooftop.

The lanky disguised person stays in that huddled position, as I fly over to the flaming figure. With the intention to put them out of the fight.

Switch to Taylor’s POV a little bit before Danny comes

I sit there with my knees to my chest as Lung stands there for a moment. Finally taking his hands off his face, as he blinks a couple of times. That Pepper spray was supposed to blind him for at least 30 minutes. Yet, Lung is shaking it off already in the matter of seconds. Why the hell wasn’t he listed as an A-Lister?

Maybe I would have been more cautious then. Of course, I still would have intervened to save the children. Which brings me back to my own fate.

If I try to move, he’ll hear me and I’m dead. If I just sit here till his sight comes back, I’m also dead. I watch for a moment as the flames wreath over his hands and shut my eyes. Preparing for the inevitable.

Guilt builds in me as I think of dad. Will he wonder where I am when waking up?

Then the sound of what I think might be a laser echoes into the air. I open my eyes, just to catch the sight of Lung being flung off the roof. Hearing the impact of his body just hit the floor a moment later.

I release the breath; I’ve been holding unknowingly. Feeling my body untighten itself, as the relief floods in. Yet my limbs still shake from the fear of what could have just happened.

A cape has arrived on the scene to help. Hopefully it’s someone from the Protectorate, being saved by a rival gang like the Empire or Merchants wouldn’t be ideal for me.

Just in case, I gather as many bugs as I can. Not many were left over from the heatwaves Lung kept sending out and that last fire wave got rid of the closest ones to me. Feeling finally prepared enough, I looked over the ledge Lung was flung over.

Only to see a strange sight.

Lung was shooting a blast of fire randomly around him and swinging his fist at nothing. I look around, but don’t actually see anybody around. Where is the cape that blasted him?

That’s when I saw the sight of Lung’s head rocking upward like he just got uppercut. Lung falls backwards from the attack onto his back, laying still on the ground. Probably groggy from whoever hit him, which must have been hard.

What happens next is almost comical.

Lung gets picked up by his leg and is swung back and forth into the ground. Left and right, over and over again. The impact of the slams reverberates from Lungs huge frame being swung around like a ragdoll. The street below cracking under said slams.

I feel a sense of glee as Lung is treated like yesterday’s trash.

It unfortunately comes to an end as Lung is set down and proceeds to shrink down in size. Since Lung definitely is out of the fight I look around for the cape. Wondering what their powers were.

Was it invisibility or maybe telekinesis. I’ve read some capes who’ve had some abilities like that, but none in Brockton Bay from what I remember. Nor were the capes I’ve read about strong enough to do it similar to that with just those abilities.

I swarm my bugs around as I try to feel the cape out. Yet, nothing is around. Where the hell are they?

“Boo!” I hear a voice from behind me. I swing around and see nothing there. I let the flies, wasps, bees and any other flying bugs I have swarm around me. How were they able to get this close without the bugs detecting them.

Once again, the bugs don’t feel or sense anything there. Laughter echoes around me as I continue searching for the voice. I feel a little bit of anger building in me. As the swarm continues looking for anything. Then a voice sounds out.

“Sorry I couldn't help myself,” The voice says as I look to the direction it came from. To then see a glowing floating male. He floats there with an easy-going smile, the suit he has on being a black in white in color scheme. The design is similar to a hazmat suit, yet a stylized letter stands on his chest, which I assume is a D.

His hair is an unnatural snow white, and his eyes are an even more unnatural green. The more I look at him the more unnerved I feel. Like something isn’t quite right at the sight of him.

“So, what was going on between you and the matchstick over there,” He asked, with what I now can identify as a young voice. Upon looking at him more closely, he is actually very young. Maybe a year or two younger than me. Which only furthers the unnerved feeling I keep getting from him.

I was about to answer before the boy looks over to the other side of the roof. Did he hear something? Just then two huge shapes leap onto the rooftop with us. Great, what now?

A/N: Ok a short chapter for the end of the week.

Don't worry about Danny following her around like a lost puppy. Danny just goes to whoever needs help. That doesn't mean that they might not be friends. I also like to believe that his obsession has something to do with protecting people, since he breaks his back all the time to protect the town of people who treat him like dirt. That was the urge he was getting in this chapter.

I had to redo this chapter like three different times because I chose different points in the timeline to settle him. The first version had him showing up in the month after Taylor triggers, the second had him showing up a few days before this version and this was the final version. I felt it was better for Danny to be thrown straight into the fire, literally.

Next chapter will focus more on Danny learning of the world and the problems that will come.

I obviously didn't give word for word details on Taylor's POV because most probably already read the worm story or at least have an idea of how this night goes with the undersiders saving her instead of Danny. If anybody was wondering why she didn't see the thermos, it was because Danny was making it invisible while holding it. Taylor showed she was unnerved from Danny for a couple reasons, which I will explain eventually.

Also, I would like to discuss what Danny's ratings are for his powers. So put some comments up with your own opinions on it.

Thanks for reading and see you in the next chapter. This was chapter 1 instead of 2 since last chapter was the prologue.

21. ThunderBasilisk

ThunderBasilisk Well worn.

Shit I forgot he had Dan with him! Also please let Tattletales shard not work on him or have it spazz out whenever she tries. Also let him have the credit for beating the hell outta Lung.

Also awesome update

Hannibalkid likes this.
  22. Lumagle

totally agree, but he has an in his thermos that doesn't mean that by absorbing him (I mean danny absorbs the ghost dan) and he could gain a power increase, because we all know that the thermos won't last forever, it was a fact in the series that if the same continued, dan would escape

Hannibalkid likes this.
  23. Darklight90

I hope Danny avoids the usual trope of worm when the undersiders gets involve and allows to just leave, their literal criminals the moment tattletale or any undersider decides to announce their villains I doubt Danny will just let them go no matter the reason they give and the undersiders have zero method to slow him down or even beat Danny in a fight. So im confuse why would tattletale allow the team to approach a genuinely heroic character that wouldn’t hesitate to arrest instead of just running away. Also please avoid the fanon thing with Armsmaster too, Taylor found him charismatic and social in their first encounter and his reason for taking credit was sensible since she was a cape that was alone with no backup that would have ended up dead if people knew of her involvement in the Lung take down. Also I doubt Danny cares much about reputation at this point.

Bepson, igfry and Hannibalkid like this.
  24. ThunderBasilisk

ThunderBasilisk Well worn.

Technically Dan shouldn't exist anymore unless sometime in the future Danny finds a way back home. Since if hes not in his home universe than the creation of Dan cant happen since he is a fusion of Danny and Plasmius.

Also trying to absorb Dan sounds like a ridiculously dumb idea.

Lumagle and Darklight90 like this.
  25. Lumagle

I know but bha I leave it in the hands of the author that I like what he wrote so far.

ThunderBasilisk likes this.
  26. Axcart

Axcart Not too sore, are you?

There is a dany phantom vs American dragon death battle on YouTube.i am realy liking where this is going. I also recommend that you don't fall for the sleepery slop that is character bashing, nothing good can come from it

Hannibalkid and Darklight90 like this.
  27. Laxard

Laxard I trust you know where the happy button is?

Okay, watched. But pleace, not too much angsty Danny.

Danny stealing the win probably will make Taylor less willing to, well, escalate. Because she doesn't remember winning over one of the stronges parahumans (and what this about him not being in the A list?) but being saved in desperate situation.

Danny being traumatized by Dan's destructive nature pretty recently gives no real chance for villians like Tattletale to seduce him to the life of crime.

Now, Dan is less of problem than he seems. He probably gonna try to pwn endbringers pretty fast, after some terapeutical self-beating, and eiher gonna be pwned himself or some of the Mechanisms of Destruction will be rekt. Because there just nothing of interest for him around.
    I just hope it's not going to be another plot of "Dan destroying DF reputation and Danny forced to live throught consequences".

And power wise, Danny is pretty much Siberian Light but with more of actual skills and esotheric (haha) arsenal.
    He also become stronger than Dan in canon pretty fast, so yeah. Not surprising considering that Dan is Danny with a habbit to follow easy road.

Wonder about quips. He isn't the mood for now, understandingly, but I want quips.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
    Hannibalkid and ThunderBasilisk like this.
  28. Hannibalkid

The A list bit was just a nod to the canon story because when Taylor researched different gangs and stuff inside Brockton Bay, Lung was not listed so high for some reason.

I’ll try not to make him too angsty because I myself am not a fan off too much too. But do expect him to have some real down moments. He is only 14 and everything he knows is basically gone at the moment. The only real thing that keeps him going is the thought of clockwork being able to fix this for him. So he really hasn’t let it all sink in at the moment due to pushing it off to focus on getting home.

Also what was the meaning of pwn?

Redav, Laxard and Axcart like this.
  29. Laxard

Laxard I trust you know where the happy button is?

PWNing somebody is having completely dominating victory over him.

And good job with staying away from all that competitive MMO.

Doccer likes this.
  30. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Gaming term. The p and the o are right next to each other on the keyboard so sometimes p got typed instead of o. Particularly when someone was celebrating a victory and the winner was trying to say that the he owned the other guy. Look up Urban Dictionary. It's an online site that has alot if definitions for slang of all kinds.

Laxard and Hannibalkid like this.