• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Symphony of Ice and Fire (HOTD/The Ice Dragon)

GJNVZiUWcAAwaPy.jpg:large

It seems like Rhaenyra and Syrax might fly to Harrenhal at end of Season 2 of HOTD. But she and her family also might fly to the Isle of Faces first in this altered timeline instead. Depending on what Adara says and if the Raven wants to meet them to make sure that they understand the gravity of the situation before it's too late. According to some sources I read, God's Eye is around 100 hundred miles wide, and most travelers prefer to walk around the lake than travel by boat across it. The Andals have never managed to conquer it at all. I think it's very much a case of the Green Men pushing people away with their magic. If strong winds and flocks of ravens don't turn them, then I bet there are wolves and bears and more waiting in the forest for them. Just eyeballing it, the Isle of Faces seems comparable to Dragonstone, so fairly large. Combine the superstitions surrounding it with a very hostile environment, and it makes sense why the island would be avoided.

balerion_vs_quicksilver_by_rudolfhima_deyai10-fullview.jpg

"It is the unemotional, reserved, calm, detached warrior⚔️ who wins ♟️, not the hothead seeking vengeance and not the ambitious seeker of fortune." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
"When your enemies defy you, you must serve them ⚔️ steel and fire 🔥 . When they go to their knees, however, you must help them back to their feet. Elsewise no man will ever bend the knee to you. And any man who must say 'I am the king' is no true king at all." — Tywin Lannister
"Law 47: Do not go past the mark you aimed for: In victory, learn when to stop. The moment of victory 🏆 is often the moment of greatest peril ☠️. In the heat of victory 🏆 , arrogance and overconfidence can push you past the goal you had 🎯 aimed for, and by going too far, you make more enemies than you defeat. There is no substitute for strategy ♟️ and careful planning. Set a goal, and when you reach it, stop." — Robert Greene, The 48 Laws of Power.
"He who relies solely on warlike⚔️measures shall be ☠️ exterminated; he who relies solely on peaceful measures shall perish." — Sun Tzu
"Napoleon advised: Place your iron hand✊inside a velvet glove." — Robert Greene, The 48 Laws of Power.
"Justice ⚖️ without force ⚔️ is powerless♟️; force without justice ⚖️ is tyrannical." — Blaise Pascal
Damn, I'd thought it'd be Aemond. I think once he and Luke hear the FMC's origin story that he would approve of what Frostsinger had done to Adara's village after their betrayal. He would've done the same thing in his place. Out of all the Targs, I think Aemond is one of the few people who can empathize with her the most. Empathize. Not sympathize. There's a crucial difference: sympathy is acknowledging someone else's pain, but empathy is choosing to feel the pain with them. Sympathy is a feeling of sincere concern for someone. Empathy involves stepping into that person's shoes to actively share in their emotional experience. He will be shocked to learn and realize that Adara was always more of a loner and outcast than he himself ever was. And will understand and respect the bond and love she has with Frostsinger. To him, Vhagar is his truest friend and closest companion as well.

So, what the Raven's saying is that the boys are sorta more or less share parallels with Renly and Stannis or Aenys and Maegor in this case. One is too meek and sensitive while the other is too stern, ruthless and hardheaded. Aemond, like Maegor, was made of fun for not being able to bond with a dragon, but when he did bond with one, it was with the largest dragon of that time. Also similar to Maegor, Aemond wants the throne for himself, because they both saw themselves as more competent than their brother. He is also hot-tempered and unforgiving, and craves violence. And both had a sorceress as a lover (which I'm not entirely sure will happen in this story or not but we'll see). Though, I'm also guessing that one of the reasons why Vhagar chose Aemond as her rider and vice versa could be that he has something in him that reminds her of Visenya who I don't like as a character (she was a bitch. A badass bitch but an arrogant one all the same. Like Cersei, she'd been willfully blind to her brutish son's faults and encouraged them. Even after he became crazier after that head injury accident like Henry VII) but it's kinda understandable.
Aemond is also kinda like her in some ways. But she only understood the stick while her siblings Aegon I and Rhaenys both knew how to win Lords to their side with the carrot and thus create reasons to kneel - however if you merely bring just Fire and Blood to table then well those against you have nothing to lose. After all of Maegor's killing. His reign ended with him facing long odds on a civil war. And while he had killed thousands there were still men willing to fight him to the bitter end. This's a trait he got from his mother because his father the Conqueror knew when to help a kneeling man back to his feet. I don't what she was thinking in regards to Maegor's behavior.

But if I had to guess: a lot of it was influenced by arrogant Targaryen exceptionalism. Moms often already think the sun comes up every day just for their boy. Try adding the belief that you and your children are the blood of gods. She's the one of the architects of almost all the fear, pain and suffering that's engulfed half the realm for nearly a decade before Maegor's death. They were both inflexible except she knew when to stop and he didn't. He relied too much on fear and force to ensure the absolute fealty and submission of those whom he presumed to rule. While his brother Aenys depended too much on kindness and love only. That being said, I don't think Aemond is completely like Maegor or Visenya. Nor is he totally like Daemon despite certain similarities. But he does share more than a few of their traits. Anyway, Adara has stopped him and Luke from becoming kinslayers and has to now figure out a way to heal the bad blood between them and their factions which is easier said than done. But she isn't going to tolerate their foolish pride and stupidity. She'll make them and the rest of the Targaryens cooperate one or the other. By the way, I was getting the giggles when I saw how Aemond got scared by Adara's silent rage in the last chapter. Lol, I can already see her having him on a tight leash by the time she's through

I'm not saying it won't be that Aemond won't be building a rapport or relationship with Adara, in the same way that I won't say that he WILL.

Right now, neither Luke or Aemond can be the Fire to Adara's Ice in the great song. Neither of them are fit, but that doesn't mean they're immediately out of the running in terms of communication.

They alone will not be enough to beat the war, but that doesn't mean they won't have major roles to play as will other Targs in the future.

As for more personal bonds to our Winterchild, I suppose we'll see who connects to who.

Last edited:
Adara went to speak against that, for those words meant nothing to her, but the raven did not let her draw breath for it.

"Aid will come. The witch of rivers and the daring will answer when the call of blood rises, and the debt of vengeful youth must at last be settled."
As she ran, the crows began to howl and disperse, a great cloud of black feathers and sharp words howling around and for her in a way that she would never forget for as long as she lived.

"Stop them. Save them. Make them bow. You must, you must, you must."
On the other end of the God's Eye, deep in the bowels of the monstrous Harrenhall, a witch awoke from her slumber.

Alys Rivers, the bastard daughter of Lyonel Strong, roused and blinked up at the bricked roof of her chambers in stunned disbelief.

Once, twice, three times.

Then she threw back her head and laughed, long and deep and loud, the mad cry ringing through the halls of Harren's Folly in a way nothing had and ever would again.
I'm not saying it won't be that Aemond won't be building a rapport or relationship with Adara, in the same way that I won't say that he WILL.

Right now, neither Luke or Aemond can be the Fire to Adara's Ice in the great song. Neither of them are fit, but that doesn't mean they're immediately out of the running in terms of communication.

They alone will not be enough to beat the war, but that doesn't mean they won't have major roles to play as will other Targs in the future.

As for more personal bonds to our Winterchild, I suppose we'll see who connects to who.
64c.jpg

"The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth." — African Proverb
"Only those who do not seek power are qualified to hold it." — Plato

To clarify, I imagine that the relationship between Aemond and Adara will just form and grow to be platonic. Because I don't think he's attracted to females who are younger than him. According to the canon and the trailer I saw last night. I doubt he's a pedo like Daemon. Also, I know that he is not fit to be the Fire to her Ice. Neither is Luke. Since, he's too volatile and Lucerys is too meek and insecure. I doubt that the One-Eyed Prince would ever be considered the male version of Daenerys. He has a lot of bitterness and anger inside him. Obviously, he never thought an eye was a fair exchange for a dragon. He was just trying to stop his mother from doing something that would result in his father killing her. Especially if his father had no qualms with Rhaenyra's threats of torture against his son for speaking the truth (that's what Rhaenyra wanted to be done to Aemond in the books. Even though, he was just a child. Like Aegon II, she's not fit to be a good ruler. Unlike Rhaenyra, I think Aegon is already aware of the fact that he never was suited for throne and that he isn't a good person. He could've been if it wasn't for all the neglect and abuse he got from his parents. Unlike his elder sister, he doesn't make too many excuses for his actions). Aemond only became a "monster" when he realized his father would never defend or look out for him. Sure, Alicent did her best to defend him, but she had no real power. He learned a hard lesson in that the only one who could defend him was himself, which he proved when he became a force of nature by training with Cole who was really the only person that he probably looked up to as a father figure. Anyways, I look forward to dialogue between him and the FMC after he fully recovers from his injuries.

As for the rest of the young male Targs. Joffrey, Aegon the Younger, Viserys II, Jaehaerys, and Maelor are all obviously too young for her. Which means that my bet rests on either Jace or Daeron. They're both closer to her age. Though, I'm leaning more towards the Daring because Jace is already betrothed to Baela and I don't believe he's immune to fire due to his Strong blood. I'm not sure about Daeron either because his mom is a Hightower (her family may've wielded magic once upon a time before they were assimilated by the Andals. And them and other Houses such as the Daynes may possibly claim descent from the Empire of the Dawn or Garth Greenhand but it's been too long. Well, who knows. Daeron's Targaryen blood might've already awakened the First Men magic that lies dormant within his Hightower genes or not). Also, Daeron is a fairly kind, clever, and humble guy. Definitely the best among Alicent's sons. And honestly? The best among all of Viserys' kids (barring Helaena). Too bad, he was Alicent's third son. If Daeron was her eldest son then that throne would have been his. Or at the very least, Rhaenyra would have a tough time trying to defeat him. Because he's at least someone you can support for a reason beyond his so-called "birthright". I think one of main reasons for this is because he didn't receive the constant pressure that Alicent and Otto put on his older brothers that the Iron Throne should go to them instead of Rhaenyra. And as a result, he is considered the gentlest and most honorable of Alicent's sons. If Daeron isn't the Fire to Adara's Ice then I look forward to seeing who is.

In the book, he's described as being by far the nicest and most humble of Alicent's sons, sincerely grieving for his father Viserys upon his death and treating his troops with respect and giving them and his dragon credit when given direct praise and trying to stop the sack of Tumbleton. He was also far more popular among the people than his brothers. Though of course he had his limits, resenting Rhaenyra's sons for being ahead of his brothers and him and the succession line despite most likely being bastards, and exacting brutal revenge on the people of Bitterbridge for the brutal murder of his nephew Maelor. But he was horrified when Tumbleton met a similar fate, and tried his hardest to stop the murder, looting, and rape of the innocent townsfolk. Unfortunately, the Two Betrayers were running the show at that point, and had dragons much bigger than Tessarion. In comparison to his brothers, Daeron is much more stoic and observant and a surprisingly competent military commander and is quite vengeful (considering his response to Maelor's death). To the extent that Daeron had been considered the biggest threat to Rhaenyra's brief reign over King's Landing in the canon.

Also, I feel like if he and Jaecaerys were not intentionally pitted against each other, they could have been best friends. Because both of them are good in politics and great warriors, if they were friends and fought on the same side then they would be unstoppable. Just like Robb Stark and Jon Snow (and I'm talking about the book versions. Not the show. The showrunners had made Robb and Jon's characters look totally naive and stupid). I have always thought that Targaryens see themselves as gods...so they are insecure when they find out that they are just people like everybody else but Jace and Daeron would have been good kings if either of them had ascended the throne. Though, Daeron and Addam of Hull are both characterized more as followers rather than leaders (Daeron as the youngest son of a very ambitious family, Addam as a legitimized bastard of a shipwright's daughter. As a result, the both of them have chips on their shoulders, desperate to prove themselves), and despite their bravery, remained loyal to their faction leaders despite seeing proof that Rhaenyra and Aegon/Aemond were horrible people. In hindsight, I think that may be one of the reasons why the Three Eyed Raven is likely behind-the-scenes nudging and creating events that will place Prince Daeron the Daring into the position of becoming Adara's ally when the right time comes.

Anyway, the Three-Eyed Raven intends for Alys Rivers and Daeron to be among the the first of Adara's allies in her rise to power. Because she needs people who can help her in finishing her mission faster and teach her on how Westeros works (though I doubt she'll care about Westeros's patriarchy and won't let anyone put her in a dress or tell her what to do just because she's a girl. She's done being passive). She's still new to this land and era that she's recently found herself in. But I don't think that she will have any patience nor tolerance for the petty politics and squabbles of these royals and nobles who do nothing but plot and backstab each other and care nothing for the lives of their smallfolk who become nothing but collateral damage as a result of their feuds and schemes. In short, she and Frostsinger will smash their precious game of thrones to pieces. Not just the Others.

Also, the Raven's manipulating everybody like pieces on his 4D chessboard and is obviously maneuvering the Winterchild towards a position of dominance and power that she doesn't desire nor care for. He's giving her all the advantages she requires to make the Targs bend to her will and unite the whole realm against the coming threat quickly. Because they're all running out of time. As of now, she only cares about Frostsinger at this point. Yet, it almost looks like the Raven's also trying to give her a new family (despite the fact that things didn't turn out well with her last one) which might turn out to be a side effect of his plotting in the future. Alys definitely has been informed by the Raven on what's happening and what's exactly at stake. And she so far seems to be stunned and amused by the entire situation. I look forward to seeing her and Adara meet.

Last edited:
64c.jpg

"The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth." — African Proverb
"Only those who do not seek power are qualified to hold it." — Plato

To clarify, I imagine that the relationship between Aemond and Adara will just form and grow to be platonic. Because I don't think he's attracted to females who are younger than him. According to the canon and the trailer I saw last night. I doubt he's a pedo like Daemon. Also, I know that he is not fit to be the Fire to her Ice. Neither is Luke. Since, he's too volatile and Lucerys is too meek and insecure. I doubt that the One-Eyed Prince would ever be considered the male version of Daenerys. He has a lot of bitterness and anger inside him. Obviously, he never thought an eye was a fair exchange for a dragon. He was just trying to stop his mother from doing something that would result in his father killing her. Especially if his father had no qualms with Rhaenyra's threats of torture against his son for speaking the truth (that's what Rhaenyra wanted to be done to Aemond in the books. Even though, he was just a child. Like Aegon II, she's not fit to be a good ruler. Unlike Rhaenyra, I think Aegon is already aware of the fact that he never was suited for throne and that he isn't a good person. He could've been if it wasn't for all the neglect and abuse he got from his parents. Unlike his elder sister, he doesn't make too many excuses for his actions). Aemond only became a "monster" when he realized his father would never defend or look out for him. Sure, Alicent did her best to defend him, but she had no real power. He learned a hard lesson in that the only one who could defend him was himself, which he proved when he became a force of nature by training with Cole who was really the only person that he probably looked up to as a father figure. Anyways, I look forward to dialogue between him and the FMC after he fully recovers from his injuries.

As for the rest of the young male Targs. Joffrey, Aegon the Younger, Viserys II, Jaehaerys, and Maelor are all obviously too young for her. Which means that my bet rests on either Jace or Daeron. They're both closer to her age. Though, I'm leaning more towards the Daring because Jace is already betrothed to Baela and I don't believe he's immune to fire due to his Strong blood. I'm not sure about Daeron either because his mom is a Hightower (her family may've wielded magic once upon a time before they were assimilated by the Andals. And them and other Houses such as the Daynes may possibly claim descent from the Empire of the Dawn or Garth Greenhand but it's been too long. Well, who knows. Daeron's Targaryen blood might've already awakened the First Men magic that lies dormant within his Hightower genes or not). Also, Daeron is a fairly kind, clever, and humble guy. Definitely the best among Alicent's sons. And honestly? The best among all of Viserys' kids (barring Helaena). Too bad, he was Alicent's third son. If Daeron was her eldest son then that throne would have been his. Or at the very least, Rhaenyra would have a tough time trying to defeat him. Because he's at least someone you can support for a reason beyond his so-called "birthright". I think one of main reasons for this is because he didn't receive the constant pressure that Alicent and Otto put on his older brothers that the Iron Throne should go to them instead of Rhaenyra. And as a result, he is considered the gentlest and most honorable of Alicent's sons. If Daeron isn't the Fire to Adara's Ice then I look forward to seeing who is.

In the book, he's described as being by far the nicest and most humble of Alicent's sons, sincerely grieving for his father Viserys upon his death and treating his troops with respect and giving them and his dragon credit when given direct praise and trying to stop the sack of Tumbleton. He was also far more popular among the people than his brothers. Though of course he had his limits, resenting Rhaenyra's sons for being ahead of his brothers and him and the succession line despite most likely being bastards, and exacting brutal revenge on the people of Bitterbridge for the brutal murder of his nephew Maelor. But he was horrified when Tumbleton met a similar fate, and tried his hardest to stop the murder, looting, and rape of the innocent townsfolk. Unfortunately, the Two Betrayers were running the show at that point, and had dragons much bigger than Tessarion. In comparison to his brothers, Daeron is much more stoic and observant and a surprisingly competent military commander and is quite vengeful (considering his response to Maelor's death). To the extent that Daeron had been considered the biggest threat to Rhaenyra's brief reign over King's Landing in the canon.

Also, I feel like if he and Jaecaerys were not intentionally pitted against each other, they could have been best friends. Because both of them are good in politics and great warriors, if they were friends and fought on the same side then they would be unstoppable. Just like Robb Stark and Jon Snow (and I'm talking about the book versions. Not the show. The showrunners had made Robb and Jon's characters look totally naive and stupid). I have always thought that Targaryens see themselves as gods...so they are insecure when they find out that they are just people like everybody else but Jace and Daeron would have been good kings if either of them had ascended the throne. Though, Daeron and Addam of Hull are both characterized more as followers rather than leaders (Daeron as the youngest son of a very ambitious family, Addam as a legitimized bastard of a shipwright's daughter. As a result, the both of them have chips on their shoulders, desperate to prove themselves), and despite their bravery, remained loyal to their faction leaders despite seeing proof that Rhaenyra and Aegon/Aemond were horrible people. In hindsight, I think that may be one of the reasons why the Three Eyed Raven is likely behind-the-scenes nudging and creating events that will place Prince Daeron the Daring into the position of becoming Adara's ally when the right time comes.

Anyway, the Three-Eyed Raven intends for Alys Rivers and Daeron to be among the the first of Adara's allies in her rise to power. Because she needs people who can help her in finishing her mission faster and teach her on how Westeros works (though I doubt she'll care about Westeros's patriarchy and won't let anyone put her in a dress or tell her what to do just because she's a girl. She's done being passive). She's still new to this land and era that she's recently found herself in. But I don't think that she will have any patience nor tolerance for the petty politics and squabbles of these royals and nobles who do nothing but plot and backstab each other and care nothing for the lives of their smallfolk who become nothing but collateral damage as a result of their feuds and schemes. In short, she and Frostsinger will smash their precious game of thrones to pieces. Not just the Others.

Also, the Raven's manipulating everybody like pieces on his 4D chessboard and is obviously maneuvering the Winterchild towards a position of dominance and power that she doesn't desire nor care for. He's giving her all the advantages she requires to make the Targs bend to her will and unite the whole realm against the coming threat quickly. Because they're all running out of time. As of now, she only cares about Frostsinger at this point. Yet, it almost looks like the Raven's also trying to give her a new family (despite the fact that things didn't turn out well with her last one) which might turn out to be a side effect of his plotting in the future. Alys definitely has been informed by the Raven on what's happening and what's exactly at stake. And she so far seems to be stunned and amused by the entire situation. I look forward to seeing her and Adara meet.

Spot on Analysis.

Daeron's action's at bitter bridge were horrific, but even if I don't excuse them I will say that he is more justified than almost any other Targaryen who commited atrocities before or since given he's just lost his nephew, and when he was so close too. Aegon the Conqueror and Visenya turned Dorne into a fucking barbecue pit for Rhaenys and Meraxes and they did it for years. Their combined death toll has to be at least a hundred times Daeron's and I don't see anyone shaming them for it (Though to be fair, few would have the balls)

You're right about Adara - both in that her current motivation is one big Frostsinger shaped billboard and that she is absolutely, unrepentantly done with everything. The Raven managed to get her to listen by appealing to her bond to Frostsinger, but that is it. Once she's done adjusting, no one is going to be telling her what to do if they know what's good for them.

As for Alys... we shall see. The next chapter is the The Face Of The Enemy, a Lucerys POV, and there we'll start to see just what Westeros is up against and why the biggest dragon alive and his rider can't stop it on their own, and why she had to kidnap two not-all-that-right-in-the-head princes to do what needs to be done.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back