• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Alerts Small Window Potential Bug

FTR2017

Well worn.
That's not normal, no. It's also not something I've seen anyone else complain about in this thread, so...

Check in the Suggestions/Bugs forum for a thread with that specific complaint, and consider making such a thread if you don't find one - this bug might or might not be specific to you, and Administrators will need more details from you to ascertain your issue.

Following your suggestion, I have opened a new thread to point the following bug out.

As described in the XF2 Transition Feedback thread ... .

Is it normal that the Alerts box that opens when you click on the bell has two scroll bars?

One that lets you get down on the recently added notifications, and another one that apparently serves no purpose.

Mind, I'm working from a netbook--perhaps it is a deliberate function for smartphone users? I don't know, just wished to let you know in case it is a bug.

While it wouldn't surprise me that the issue lies on my end--as I'm using an outdated Firefox browser, on a even more outdated Windows XP, as that's the only thing my current potato can run ... until I figure out how to install some open-sourced small OS with enough functionality to make the transition worth it--it could also be a small-enough weird issue that most users haven't seen it occur.

Thanks in advance for any clarifications! :)

Is one of the two scrollbars the whole-window scrollbar? I just shrank my window down to very narrow, and the alert box scrollbar ends up right next to the one for the window as a whole.

While it wouldn't surprise me that the issue lies on my end--as I'm using an outdated Firefox browser, on a even more outdated Windows XP, as that's the only thing my current potato can run ... until I figure out how to install some open-sourced small OS with enough functionality to make the transition worth it--it could also be a small-enough weird issue that most users haven't seen it occur.

Thanks in advance for any clarifications! :)
You're running XP??

Do the scrollbars move at the same time when you scroll? Do they move by the same proportionate distance? Does one look like a system native scrollbar, presumably with buttons at the top and bottom, and the other looks like a tiny line inside a tiny line and also appears "inside" the alerts pop-up relative to the other scroll bar?

If so, that's normal. It's not a bug in your browser or with QQ, it's a bug in how the interface to allow websites to style the scrollbar was designed, more akin to the "blink" tag or the "marque" tag.

You're running XP??

Do the scrollbars move at the same time when you scroll? Do they move by the same proportionate distance? Does one look like a system native scrollbar, presumably with buttons at the top and bottom, and the other looks like a tiny line inside a tiny line and also appears "inside" the alerts pop-up relative to the other scroll bar?

If so, that's normal. It's not a bug in your browser or with QQ, it's a bug in how the interface to allow websites to style the scrollbar was designed, more akin to the "blink" tag or the "marque" tag.
Nope, both are parallel to one another--at the right side, to boot. Only the redundant one only moves by a small bit--and by bit I mean a couple pixels at most--whereas the other one is the functional one that does the job.

They also look the same.

And yes, I keep asking myself why do I do this to myself by using XP ... but again, MSI U100 from 2010, no ram expansion, is my current rig as my previous, beefier ones are currently out of service.

Alright, I just found out what's going on in my end.

It appears that the issue was in Firefox's zoom function--which I keep at 133% to make reading things easier for me.

Reducing it to 100% removed the second vertical scroll bar.

I'm going back to 133%, it is easier on my sight, and ignore the useless scroll bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back