• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

All Alone [Worm AU]

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

Events in the alley go badly wrong ...

1) This story is set in the Wormverse, which is owned...
Futures
Non-canon omake: "Futures"

Emma opens her eyes and looks around. "Where am I?" she asks dazedly.

Alexandria, seated in her father's favourite armchair, looks up from the book she is reading. "You're dreaming," she tells Emma concisely.

"Oh," she responds, belatedly noticing that 'Alexandria' actually has articulated joints. The fact that her prized action figure has entered her dreams and is now talking to her does not bother her as much as it might have. This is, after all, a dream. "Uh ... so, what's this dream about? Is Behemoth going to jump out of my closet?"

Alexandria shakes her head. "No. This dream's about you and Taylor."

Emma realises that Taylor is sleeping beside her, snoring softly. "What about her?" she asks quietly. "Please don't tell me that we're a lesbian couple, because that's just ew. Even with Taylor."

Alexandria chuckles. "No, but it is about your relationship with her. You need to make a decision."

"A decision about what?"

The far wall becomes a movie screen, split in two. Both begin playing a movie, but Emma finds that she can follow both.

"In a few days, Taylor's mom will be killed in a car accident," Alexandria's voice emerges from the darkness. "She will need you more than ever."

"That's terrible," Emma gasps. "Can't we warn her?"

There's a chuckle. "This is a dream. You won't remember this at all. Or believe it if you do."

"Oh."

"Now, this is a year from now."

The movies play on. Emma sees herself in a narrow street, surrounded by ABB gang members. In both, she fights back. In one, her throat is slashed and she dies in a pool of her own blood. In the other, she is saved by the cloaked vigilante.

"I think I like that one - " she begins, but is hushed by Alexandria. The movies roll on.

In one, she gets a beautiful funeral. She is remembered with loving affection. Taylor suffers from her loss, but bears up under it. Life goes on.

In the other, she joins forces with the vigilante to torment Taylor. For more than a year they do this, culminating in a locker full of -

"Oh god, stop it! I can't watch any more!"

Beside her, Taylor mumbles in her sleep and rolls over. Emma stares at the images frozen on the screen.

They vanish. Alexandria is still seated in the armchair.

"I can't - I can't change anything else?"

A shake of the head. "No. You may only choose between those two futures."

"And I won't remember."

"That's true."

"And in one I die, and in the other I'm an utter bitch who betrays her best friend."

"Something of that sort, yes."

Emma takes a deep breath, and makes her choice. It's surprisingly easy.

What the hell, she tells herself, it's only a dream.

Last edited:
Back