• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

While this comment was most likely humourous, I could see Amelia and Riley create artificial wombs that could hold a developing foetus, they are after all capable of such things as cloning.
Zach: "But what about the Orgasmotron?"

Everyone: "Shut up, Zach."

Crystal: "Actually, I'll take one, since cold machine love is still better than dating Zach."

Zach: "Sometimes I hate you people."

Nilbog doesn't view himself as a god. He views himself as a king, nothing more.
And Kings recieve the right to rule through divine favor. Being one of the Anointed of God.

And here Pantheon comes, chock-full of gods...

Perhaps Nilbog would take a more subservient role in the meeting. (cries at the lack of a devil smiley)

That, and they don't know she exists. Makes it hard to do anything.

In addition, breaking Taboo doesn't break shard limitations. It breaks the memory limitations. Contessa already has a broken Taboo, she did it to herself early on... so moot point, that.
Contessa has NOT broken Taboo. Yes, she bypassed forgetting the trigger-vision, but that's a self-defense mechanism of the shards themselves, since they're vulnerable while attaching to a host, not an entity-imposed Taboo.

PtV had no Taboo, since it was never meant to be released. PtV's Taboo was imposed on it by Eden as her dying act, and is the reason Contessa's PtV can't see the entities.

It saddens me that the little girl who mutilated her way across the country is getting a birthday party, but the girl who second-triggered over her friend's death has gotten nothing but abuse and death-threats.

Really, Lisa is just the buttmonkey of this story.

That said, Riley has been on a long redemption path, and it seems that despite slipbacks like with Dream, she's doing a good job of acting like a decent human being. Having easy test subjects from her big sister has to play a big part in that, of course.

"And I'm last," Lisa spoke up, handing over hers. "I figured everyone else would do clothes. I got you a book. Complete works of Edgar Allen Poe. I was gonna get you some Lovecraft, but then I decided that my sanity has suffered enough, already."

Yeah, Lisa failed her SAN check a few chapters ago. No need to make it worse.

Can't wait to see how you handle the team getting Lisa laid. Know that I will be looking to this fic for asexual dating advice. ;)

Do all the emotionally intimate stuff you'd do normally on a date, but don't have sex afterwards. Tada!
Its the whole "getting a date" thing that I find problematic, but I admit that there's a possibility that that's a whole other set of problems.

This was really nice to read, as it shows that most of the team really care about Riley and the girl really needs that especially in light of the latest events.

And yet, I still can't distance myself from the experiments Bonesaw did... how the Bonesaw Bots were made from the nervous systems of actual toddlers, etc etc...

Personally, I think the idea that Lisa's problems could be solved with a good dicking is shallow. She doesn't need to get laid, she needs a friend and confidant. Taylor pretty much told her off, and now she's got nobody.

A FWB could work out, but she needs the Friend more than the Benefits.

Taylor pretty much told her off, and now she's got nobody
Not exactly true: The current Taylor is from a point BEFORE she told Lisa off and still is her friend so while Lisa lived and remembers Taylor telling her off the Taylor that's currently here considers her a friend and would be there for her if needed. Now I agree Lisa needs someone to be a real friend to her. Also if people say she needs to get laid it's because she plays matchmaker with other people

Poe? You gave Riley Poe Lisa? Hasn't the poor girl suffered enough, at least Lovecraft would have been useful for her tinkering, Poe is just rubbing salt in the wounds.

Hello everyone followed Amelia here and liked the look of the place.

Some of the comments here got me wondering just how much stress Lisa is/has been under. If I recall right Amelia hates/hated Lisa and promised to make Jack's end look pleasant. With out her power, to read how likely that was to happen, she has lived with a sword of Damocles this entire time. Her only security would be Taylor, who has seemed to pull away ever since the link was established.

In that situation I would be feeling trapped and probably try to have a grenade or something on hand for worst case.

Some of the comments here got me wondering just how much stress Lisa is/has been under. If I recall right Amelia hates/hated Lisa and promised to make Jack's end look pleasant. With out her power, to read how likely that was to happen, she has lived with a sword of Damocles this entire time. Her only security would be Taylor, who has seemed to pull away ever since the link was established.

In that situation I would be feeling trapped and probably try to have a grenade or something on hand for worst case.
I think that Lisa knows/believes it's an empty threat, like how brothers threaten to kill you if you make their sister cry. Amelia hated Lisa then (and still dislikes her now) and wanted to scare her. Lisa's power doesn't really allow her to be bluffed like that, though. Lisa has Amelia managing her body to the extent that she's altering her menstrual cycles (I think that's this fic?), so there's got to be some degree of trust between the two.

If Lisa thought she were in imminent danger of having no mouth while needing to scream, she'd probably tell Taylor and then go hide while they work it out.

I think that Lisa knows/believes it's an empty threat, like how brothers threaten to kill you if you make their sister cry. Amelia hated Lisa then (and still dislikes her now) and wanted to scare her. Lisa's power doesn't really allow her to be bluffed like that, though. Lisa has Amelia managing her body to the extent that she's altering her menstrual cycles (I think that's this fic?), so there's got to be some degree of trust between the two.

If Lisa thought she were in imminent danger of having no mouth while needing to scream, she'd probably tell Taylor and then go hide while they work it out.

I thought Lisa's powers stopped working on Amelia?

I find it curious this needs to be restated so often. It makes one wonder.

I thought they were good with BBQ? if there is a greater meaning to the reference I do not know it.

Same for me and I wager for a certain number of other people too and I must say that from what I have seen I do not get the reputation this forum has.

I thought Lisa's powers stopped working on Amelia?
Well not exactly, it's the bond between Taylor and Amelia that messes thinker powers, so her power would still work on Amelia sans the bond.

You know, I have to say, I'm getting sick of Lisa ragging on Riley.

Seriously, she has changed. She KNOWS what she did in the past was wrong and is working damn hard, knowing some people only want her for her powers, saving lives and helping.

Then Lisa gives her Poe? Or was going to give her Lovecraft?
What thefuck?

Yes, I understand that Lisa is the self appointed 'guilt tripper' of Pantheon, who feels it is her job to constantly remind people about Bonesaw. But really, Riley even felt bad about what she did to Dreamgirl! (Or that was the impression I got). Plus, Lisa approved of that murder.

All in all, Riley has done more to help the cohesiveness of Pantheon that Lisa's snarking and attempts to show off.

Yes Lisa, you are hyper-observant. That does not make you intelligent. That does not make you subtle. That does not make you have people skills. For someone who apparently regularly engages in self reflection using your own power, you sure are a bitch.

Oh, and I find that since Tanuki are drunks, it's best to marinade them in red wine, soy sauce, molasses and garlic, before slow cooking.

So it's the four of you. How are you holding up?"
Lisa to Riley in 175, so true she might still jab at the girl a bit, but I think she is acknowledging how Riley is changing and beginning to see her as a person and maybe even a friend of sort, in fact Lisa needles almost everyoone a little bit even people she likes so no she is not picking on Riley any more than she is on others(well perhaps a little bit)but she is warming up to the girl AND she defended her against Flechette

Last edited:
Sorry for the lateness of the response - I live on GMT so I've only just got round to my morning check of forums I follow. I'm sorry if I came across as hostile - I just wanted to get across the few minor niggles I had with an otherwise great story. M'apologies if I went too far.

Umm... they did? I don't recall them being surprised by the announcement, and as it was a Taylor interlude, and Taylor was all "holy shit, we won and ruined Piggot in order to replace her with our puppet", I'd say she was quite aware of who Calvert was.

Now, as only a handful of people in Pantheon know who Coil was- and they're all the upper leadership- the rest of the group wouldn't have any context of this- but Taylor certainly knew, as did Lisa, Amelia, and Riley.

No one else does, of course.

It's been a while since I've read the chapter in question but I recall the dialogue running something as follows: 'Some guy named Calvert's director now,' 'Huh,' I guess it's possible they knew it was Coil, but it wasn't very clearly indicated.

Why would he need a 'ping' to get that feature. Summoning matter out of nowhere is what his shard does. His power is summoning matter out of nowhere.

Because 'exists in every dimension' is kinda a special quality? I mean, I guess you can say that it was an upgrade of the Kaiser bud he has, but it doesn't seem to fit with his canon shard's limitations (Golem may be pretty broken if you know how to use him right, but he's not 'lolno Sting' broken).

He was captured and turned over to Dragon. I'm sure this is mentioned. Something about her being the only one with gear that they were sure would contain him, and being ready to kill him if he broke free BEFORE he was contained... I know this was covered...

Misread - thought it was only Leet that Dragon got her claws on. Still, would've liked their to be a scene with Taylor2 freaking out.

... Umm... that was a significant plot point...

As I said above, I didn't quite myself clear with this one - I meant more what will Taylor do now - try again after a discussion with Amy or discard the whole plan or...

It's clear Lisa's working out a perfect approach plan, and since they haven't done it yet, it's equally clear they haven't found one.

Fair nuff - still think it probably needs to be resolved at some point.

I don't see how that's really a "plot point" to juggle, but you'll find out when they show them off in combat.

Again, fair nuff. Hope to see em soon.

Will likely never be seen in the story. As made clear in the omake.

Ugh, speedreading omake kicks me in the ass again. Thanks for clarifying.

Part of their problem is they have no plans for Scion. He's unbeatable and they don't know how to fix that. They occasionally mention thoughts in several chapters to this effect. They have no answers.

Then they should try and begin piecing something together at some point, even if it's as dumb as Cauldron's 'suddenly army'.

The whole 'We're part of Pantheon but not part and we disapprove of about 75% of their actions but are absolutely crucial for Endbringer fights' thing. Again, I should have made it clearer. Also, I do feel they act a bit irrational in this story - again, a small flaw in an otherwise spotless dish.

I hope you don't take any of this as an attack - it's simply me trying to do what you ask your readers for: point out the bits that don't work for them and suggest improvements. I'm sorry if I came across as hostile.

Does this story have a TVtropes page yet?
Not as far as I know.

Can't wait to see how you handle the team getting Lisa laid.
That was hyperbole.

Know that I will be looking to this fic for asexual dating advice.
Umm... date another asexual? Or have an "arrangement" that lets them pick up strangers in a bar? Seriously, relying on me for dating advice is like relying a politician for the truth.

Personally, I think the idea that Lisa's problems could be solved with a good dicking is shallow
That was hyperbole.

Taylor pretty much told her off
And then died.

and now she's got nobody.
Except Taylor. And Crystal. And probably Zach and Theo, and even Emma, Amelia and Riley if she'd open up to any of them. So... good luck with that?

I'm sorry if I came across as hostile
You didn't, don't worry.

I recall the dialogue running something as follows: 'Some guy named Calvert's director now,' 'Huh,' I guess it's possible they knew it was Coil, but it wasn't very clearly indicated.

Or a long line of corruption and incompetence that's been well concealed, I thought at the television.

"In the interim, control of the Brockton Bay PRT will be transfered to Commander Thomas Calvert," she continued. "Who, unfortunately, could not be here on such short notice. Commander Calvert was a decorated PRT field agent and has served well as a field commander for the PRT and as an independent consultant on parahuman affairs. I have every confidence in his ability to handle this delicate situation."

I was astonished. We'd won. The local Protectorate's reputation was so badly damaged that I doubted they could oppose us if we wanted them to. Piggot was on her way to a cell. We controlled what amounted to a 'puppet government' over every remotely important aspect of Brockton Bay. We owned a fucking city.

Made it pretty clear Taylor, at least, knew. Especially when you look waaay back to when they mindslaved Coil, and other chapters where they mention they had him in reserve. It was also mentioned that one of their *goals* was to replace Piggot with Coil. The reason no one made a "deal" about it in the scene is that it had been gone over enough that it wasn't a surprise.

Because 'exists in every dimension' is kinda a special quality?
Not really. All powers work by crossing between dimensions. It's literally how Worm's powers works.

he's not 'lolno Sting' broken
No, no he's not. Sting went through his armor on three separate occasions thus far in this story.

Still, would've liked their to be a scene with Taylor2 freaking out.
Woulda been too small. I considered it, along with her reading a journal she'd written about her 'lost week' while getting info from others... but it would have been pure recap of no value, and a really short chapter. Easier to imply that she found out offscreen and was disgusted by it (see the Lisa intervention, when Amelia mentions Grue, and the wave of emotions off of Taylor), even if she didn't know all the details.

still think it probably needs to be resolved at some point.
Yeah, but they have a lot of shit to worry about already. Nilbog's marked as 'low priority'.

The whole 'We're part of Pantheon but not part and we disapprove of about 75% of their actions but are absolutely crucial for Endbringer fights' thing. Again, I should have made it clearer. Also, I do feel they act a bit irrational in this story
Much of that WAS resolved. They gave Lily a chance to lead a mission. She fucked up bad and she knows it and she doesn't want to try it again. Situation may not be sunshine and roses, but it was resolved in a "won't bite us in the ass" sense.

And they do act properly for their characters. Lily was always a bit of a vindictive bitch in canon. Sabah was always timid and hesitant. And they were working while aware one of their teammates was *Bonesaw*- who did horrible things to Sabah and her family/collection of refugees.

Rational or otherwise, they were in character.

I hope you don't take any of this as an attack
Not at all. Hope you don't consider my pointing out the stuff you mention has usually already been addressed and you just missed it to be an attack, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back