• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

What, no quip about how Vicky and Chev match now that she also has a sword?

It's all about timing, for the maximum effect she has to wait until the right moment to make the comment about how he should see if his sword is the right size for her and maybe they should merge to see it they are compatible. It will of course be accompanied by subtle but quite intentional hip sway and leg movements when she draws her sword to get his thoughts moving on the right path to catch the meaning she intended.

So that's Adaptation (Crawler's base power)
Possession.
Motion Detection.
And acid generation.

... That's a fucking horrifying combination. So... Case 53 that climbs inside its host, grants all kinds of cool physical abilities. Until the host's metabolism burns out and it has to find a new body.

So... it's the horrifying result of crossing a xenomorph with a goa'uld and adding a little extra?

David is deeply distressed knowing that a bunch of dating teenagers are living together unsupervised, of course.
Oh, so he's arranging chaperoned field trips?
RealizationHorrorAlert
italics
Every Pantheon member's specialized armor was quantum linked to Avalon and functioned as a relay bug was a closely guarded secret.
I suggest, "The fact that every Pantheon member's specialized armor was quantum linked to Avalon and functioned as a relay bug was a closely guarded secret."
I thought the Philadelphia Director was Director Dunn.
How Vicky's new sword works: It creates a time distortion along its edge. On one side, time is accelerated to approximately twice its normal speed for an area about half a molecule thick, all along the length of the blade. On the other side, time actually flows in reverse. Not by much, mind. Anything caught along the edge is divided by their own past and future.
Just don't stab your parents with it, or it will alter time so that you were never born.
It's all about timing, for the maximum effect she has to wait until the right moment to make the comment about how he should see if his sword is the right size for her and maybe they should merge to see it they are compatible.
Chevalier can't merge Vicky with himself. /missingthepoint

Really depends on your Superman.
etWxrUq.gif

Superman

Regarding Vicky's sword; I get that on one side, whatever you hit would get older twice as fast. And on the other, it would get that little bit younger. I just can't see how this would make it easier to cut somthing. "Divided by its past and future" is a great phrase, but what does it actually mean?

Regarding Vicky's sword; I get that on one side, whatever you hit would get older twice as fast. And on the other, it would get that little bit younger. I just can't see how this would make it easier to cut somthing. "Divided by its past and future" is a great phrase, but what does it actually mean?
Well, you see, when you reverse the polarity of the tachyon flow...
<long winded technobabble here>
And, so you see, the object being cut is subjected to chronal sheer!

edit: but really, nothing about the time sword says that it interacts with space, so it really could be as simple as the sword working by nudging the two out of sync, and the object rips itself apart by not moving through space-time at the same rate.

Can't they trick Leviathan in to running into a portal where the sun became a giant star instead,.i wonder what poor levi's reaction will be when he realizes he's literally toast.

The only portals they can open at the moment are permanent portals. If they opened one to that reality, it would be constantly spewing plasma everywhere.

I'm assuming something about deteriorating when the sword approaches and going back to the sword cutting through it when the sword passes it

Explain why that such a plan would be stupid.
For the same reason cutting a hole into the side of an active nuclear reactor would be stupid. Only the star plan is far more stupid because at least the reactor won't explode the inner solar system when it's breached.

One half goes forward in time, while the other half goes backwards in time. Suddenly they're no longer connected to each other. Because fuck you, causality.

what about a different reality where this hypothetical giant star became a blackhole a few million years ago instead.the gravity alone could destroy his core.

That wouldn't kill him.

EDIT: It might trap him in another universe if he can't travel back, but it won't kill him.
where is the proof to say the star won't destroy his core?

Last edited:
what about a different reality where this hypothetical star became a blackhole a few million years ago instead.the gravity alone could destroy his core.

Pretty sure that would just give the inhabitants of Earth Bet first hand experience of what it's like to be blended into a celestial smoothie and sucked through a straw.

It's dealing with molecules. To cut something all you're really doing is sheering the molecular bonds on either side of the blade, usually through brute force. The time-sword makes this very easy because one part is suddenly moving faster while the parts on either side move back a quarter-second in time. Unless whatever it is had been staying absolutely still, something that is impossible due to planetary/solar/galactic movement, those two bits are no longer connected at all and thus are already 'cut' before the physical blade just pushes the loose part out of the way.

One half goes forward in time, while the other half goes backwards in time. Suddenly they're no longer connected to each other. Because fuck you, causality.
Can I assume they left out the tech that keeps the time reversed matter's position relative to the Earth's orbit?
... Shit, that's nasty.

Last edited:
So projects Deathstar and End-hole are a more dangerous cure then the disease.i will concede defeat over the matter.but couldn't they generate a force field long enough to contain and change the portal.

Can I assume they let out the tech that keeps the time reversed matter's position relative to the Earth's orbit?
That'd be pretty irrelevant, honestly. The total amount of mass being influenced by the time distortion is actually very, very small. Less than a raindrop of overall volume. The value of the inertia from relativistic movement on such a small amount of material over such a large surface area would be minuscule.

Think of it more like a super laser. Made out of time.

Or what they did to Echidna in canon with spider silk and Clockblocker. Only the spider silk is thinner than an electron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back