• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

This is a story about a young man isekai'd in a strange yet familiar world. (not a AU)...
Chapter 1

Gladium

Allucard The Sponge
This is a story about a young man isekai'd in a strange yet familiar world. (not a AU)

Been isekaid sucks. Some of you may disagree (including my past self mind you) but let me tell you, there is a reason why humans don't remember their early years. I used to think my pain tolerance was high duo dropping a kidney stone back in the day but oh boy that was before I understood the true meaning of pain (May also being pain tolerance is a physical thing and didn't pass over with my soul to my next life).
Anyway because of my chronic pain and my delicate (weak) body, I accidentally found I could do magic. Noting big I mind you. It happened when my (new) mother was trying to put me to sleep. At that moment, I used something mysterious yet strangely familiar power to relieve me from my pain and allow me to sleep peacefully.

It was like a reflex that I never knew I had it but felt so natural. But because of my damn infant body, I can not resist to call of the Morpheus. In next morning I tried to reach out to the feeling I had yesterday night. To be honest I didn't expect success but to my surprise, I managed to recreate the same effects. It was a surreal experience. It was like pulling water from a sea with a bucket to cool myself. I felt the water from that sea could do much more if I put my mind and will to shape it. I felt so powerful to a degree that for a moment I believed I could take the world but I didn't let this feeling of power lead me to overconfidence. I can not afford to become arrogant if I want to live a long life. Magic is a great thing but I need more information because for all now I could be very weak compared to other magicians.

I need more information about this world. It could be original like a light novel plot or it could be a pre-existing world like a fanfiction. There are so many unknowns and because of this, I am reluctant to make a move.
I need to know myself and any of my potential enemies.
I don't want to be like The frog of the well looking at the sky and this that the whole universe.

So after reproducing that magical accident, I dedicated myself to learning about the world that I am living in and the magics that contain it.
4 YEAR LATER
4 years are past and now and I am no longer an infant with magical power ohh no my good sirs NO! NOW I AM A TODLER WITH MACIAL POWERS. MUHAHA! COVER IN FEAR BEFORE MY MIGHT *Cough cough* Back to the topic.
After beginning my resource about the world and this world magic has proven fruitful. I managed to find answers those answers led me to two major bad news. The first one is about the world I am in. And the second is about the source of magical powers. Well, the first bad news is I am in one of the worst possible places to live in all media WARHAMMER 40K. And the second revelation is about my power (which after this point I am sure all of you can guess) I am a psycker.
I managed to find the truth after experiments with my power. As previously mentioned earlier
magic of this world(universe?) is basically all about drawing power from the metaphorical sea of power in the world(universe). Oh boy, I never noticed How close I was to the truth. Or more accurately I noticed some similarities but repressed them unintentionally
because my poor human mind doesn't want to consider the possibility of being reincarnated in 40k.
But in the end, my poor human mind would have to accept the truth after the accident where I meet a being that I call "Being X".
-------FLASH BACK-------

After awakening my power I begin to slowly try and push the limits of my newfound power. And like before power came easily to me. I can easily bend it to my will and use it to shape the world around me. After gaining a little confidence, however, I decided to investigate the very sea that I was drawing power from. I begin with small things at first like trying to see or sense it with my metaphorical eyes on the inside.
I think me calling my third eye as 'eyes on inside' somehow offended the universe itself because right after trying to see with my third eye an unspeakable monstrosity with bird-like futures with ever-changing limbs (something that resembles tentacles) and something that resembled tentacles and gained actual inside found me. Fuck.
At first, I thought it was an eldritch monstrosity from Cuthulu or some franchise that was clearly inspired by it(like Bloodborne). But after a second look, I noticed something strange. This thing was not a creature of meat and blood instead it was made out of concept Now I can see through its falsehood this strange thing was an amalgamation of concepts of hopes, dreams, progress, even since and sorcerie and many more but also it felt unnatural and dangerous.

Thing tried to grab me. I quickly block its advanceses. The creature tried again but after another failed attempt creature employed a different approach.

-"GREETINGS/HELLO YOUNGE/INFANT ONE"-

it spoke with an unearthly manner. No, it was no speaking at all it was closer to telepathy. Yet it was no mere telepathy. It was almost like the creature before me was communicating with me
through emotions and concepts.
It was a language spoken by the meanings of words instead of the words itself.

-"WHAT ARE YOU CREATURE/MONSTER/UNKNOWN"-

I tried to speak with the creature with the same method that the creature previously used.

-" I AM MASSANGER/PROPHET OF GREATEST/STORNGST GOD/GREAT BEING."-

So there are gods in this universe. Or maybe this creature before me trying to deceive me. HAH, who am I kidding I am 99% sure that this creature trying to deceive me. If this thing had anything good in his mind then the first thing it did wouldn't be trying to grab me. Ok, I am not 100% sure what the creature would do to me but at that point, I would be at his mercy And that thing tried to grab me TWICE. I may not look like it but I wasn't born yesterday. I need to act carefully.

-" WHY ARE YOU HERE"-

Creature focused all his eyes on me for a moment eyes in his ever-changing liquid-like form before relaxing its monsters body.

-" TO GREET/WELCOME SUCH AS STRONG/TALENTED YOUNG ONE/HUMAN/IMMORTAL TO OUR GLAXIY/HOME/SEA AND TO INTRODUCE/SHOW THE GREATNESS/WISDOM/STRENGTH OF OUR GOD TO THEE."-

So I am talented to this creature or this thing simply wants to butter me I don't know. Though it was weird to call a human like me immortal. Maybe my earlier assumption about myself was wrong or maybe it was just another trick for me to lower my guard. Again I don't know. Because there are so many unknowns, I can not be sure what to think about this creature. AHHH It's frustrating but I need to focus There is an eldric abomination waiting for my answer so let's put these thoughts aside for now.

-"YOU WELCOMED/GREETED ME AS YOU SAY BUT WHAT DO YOU INTEND TO DO NOW? HOW PLANNING TO INTRODUCE/SHOW ME YOUR GOD'S GRACE?"-

Like before I mimicked creatures' speaking method but unlike last time I didn't add extra meaning to simple concepts. After speaking with this creature for a while I noticed its language towards me is flowery and unnecessarily complex. This kind of speech is what you will expect when you see nobles speaking with each other in public. In long story short this creature speaks with me like am a lord or what equivalent of a lord in this world. But that's not all. Because of its ways of speaking(telepathy) even if I didn't remember my past life know my past life I would still feel his intent when it spoke to me.

-"BY GEVING THEE AS GIFT/KNOWLE/POWER. THOU IS ALREADY
STRONG/MAGICLY POWERFUL BUT IF THOU SHOULD EXECPT THEE OFFER, THOU WOULD BE INVINCIBLE. "-

I think this creature is underestimated too much. It probably think I was born yesterday. Heh.
-" IT'S A GENEROUS OFFER BUT BEFORE GIVING YOU AN ANSWER, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOUR MASTER EXPECTINGING IN RETURN FOR SUCH A GENEROUS GIFT. "-

-"THOU IS INDEN CLEVER DESPITE HIS YOUNG AGE. BUT THOU'S WORRIES IS MISPLACED. MY MASTER IS THE MOST GENEROUS SO THE ONLY THING HE EXPECTS FROM THOU IS SPREADING THE WORD OF HIS GENEROSITY TO THOUS PEOPLE. SO CAN THE WISDOM OF MY MASTER REACH THOSE WHO LIVE ON THIS PLANET. "-

-"IF THIS IS YOUR FINAL OFFER THEN I MUST RESPECTFULLY DECLINE. BUT IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER MATTER TO DISCUSS I WOULD BE HAPPY TO CONTINUE TO OUR LITHE SPEAK. "-

Monster was taken aback by my sudden rejection.
-" GREAT ONE PLEAS RECONSIDER. THINK ABOUT THE POS- "-

While speaking creature made another attempt to grab me. So much for the peaceful negations.
I dodge its attempts to grab me but unlike the last time I strike back. I channeled the waters of the great sea. Monster seems to express an emotion similar the fear( you can never be sure with these eldrich abominations). Monster attempted to flee but it was too late. I released a powerful tide that creature crushed the creature and dragged to the unseen depths.

After deafening my enemy and smote its body to depths I fall back to the real world. And I fall backward, I was pant out.
"That attack really took a toll from me ha ha ha. "
I laugh nervously.

I crawl back to my make-ship fur bad. While I was still panting realisations slowly began to drop on me. I begin to think.

' What was that creature, why it reached out for me, and on all the things that the creature mentioned how much of it was true and how much of it was a lie? '

Let's start with the creature itself. It says that it self was some kind a prophet, a messenger to a god. I think it would be more accurate the compare its role to a massager angle than a prophet.

To be honest I don't believe such a power could ever come without great costs. Even though the creature tried to make it seem like it was nothing, the cost was indeed more than it seemed. If I accepted the creature's offer(assuming it was legit) I would become a prophet(servant) for that unknown god. But because of my past life as an atheist and a 40k fan(even though I can't even play the goddamned game because it so expensive) I was innately distrustful of people that claimed themselves they have spoken for the divine.

But come on it was so sus already that even if I was a devoted follower of Jesus in my past life I would still not believe it. It was a situation where a little kid playing in a park is assaulted by a stranger. Stranger tries to grab him but he fails. Kid manage to escapes and climes to a tree. After noticing this stranger trying to offer the kid some metaphorical candy to make him come back from the tree.

If it wasn't a stranger danger then I don't know what it is. Anyway, I learned a lot of things but I need to confirm the creature's word. So I need to continue my experiments and I hope this time I won't encounter another eldrich abomination.

------- END OF FLASHBACK -------

After the encounter with being x, I continued my experiments. And despite my best hopes I encountered other entities that had similar properties yet were very different from one another. They were made out of concepts, yes but they were so much different. For example, one I encountered in my first experiment was a creature of hope, knowledge, and sorcery but in another experiment, I encountered a being made out from concepts of honor, war, and bloodshed. In another one of my experiments, I encountered a being that was made out of concepts of birth, rebirth, disease, and nature. Honestly, after this point, I couldn't deny the truth any longer. I was in Warhammer 40K what ever I liked it or not.

Last edited:
Good start, the fact he can defend him self from demons so easily is not normal. One of the major negatives for 40k is the sea of souls is so fucked up that most pykers spend more of there power and time merely trying not to get eaten or possessed let alone Chanel there power.

frankly the mix of powers a pyker has not to mention how it ties in to the tech of 40k opens some amazing storytelling possibilities, but you have to get around the fact that using the warp is like being a goldfish in a sea filled with billions of great what sharks and it just gets worse from there. Watched.

This should be before the fall of the annoying pointy ears.

that means a few things for the setting

first there are only 3 chaos gods and they are massively weaker than they are in the 41st millennia with nowhere near the power and influence they had on the warp before the fall of the eldar

second the forth chaos god won't be murder fucked into existence for another 40,000 years since this is like 10,000 BCE

third the eldar empire is still going strong as the supreme galactic hegemon

forth with the eldar gods are still in power and Asuriyan's edict being enforced meaning the barrier between the warp and real space is at its strongest so the warp is not really an issue at this point in the time line, warp entities are not as able to bring forth their influence into the material as easily as they do from the 30k era onward and any demons that manifest are much weaker and less nuanced in their thinking since they can't really bring all of themselves into reality just the bits that can fit

Good start, why not nsfw section? It's 40k, too close to Slaanesh to expect the things to go civil :)

Hi, I am new here. I really love your story and that is why I came here to appreciate you for sharing that story with us. I would love to hear more from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back