• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Another Day, Another Bone

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

Within a colorful area, filled with many different blotches and colors, is a Skeleton. It was...
New Game - 1

TrueGuardian32

Shield Enthusiast
Within a colorful area, filled with many different blotches and colors, is a Skeleton. It was wearing large green headphones, and its eyes were lower case white t's. It wore a large fluffy and baggy blue hoodie. It was the creator of the multiverse, Coder. Or as some would call him, Ink. But Coder is his chosen name.

A billion years ago he came into existence within a white void. Knowing nothing, and his universe being nothing but a blank canvas. Emotionless, unknowing. It took years before he started to actually create. To color. Originally he was a purely white skeleton, but now his bones were many different shades of colors. In some ways it was hard to look at. It is unknown when he first learned that he could make things, but when he did? He created aimlessly. No universes at the time, he just painted his universe, one color at a time. He learned on accident that when he ingested the paints that he made it allowed him to actually feel something.

Thus he began experimenting, and made himself a vial satchel, which he kept filled with paints. He had created everything so far with just intent. He was getting better at actually doing things. He made a mixture of paints that were perfect for him, one drop of red and blue, three drops of yellow, one drop pink and purple, His ability to actually feel was best when he used every color but had one dominating color. Thus the drops method. He used more yellow than any other color because it made him feel happier. But it didn't just bring happiness it had negative effects as well. They knew that. Which is why a balance had to be achieved.

This allowed him to center himself, he learned he had memory problems, so he made himself a pair of high-tech glasses that allowed him to take notes via just thinking about it. If he forgot something, it would appear in his vision. This allowed him to center himself. After the glasses, he made headphones, and then he made clothing. There wasn't much of a reason for it. But he had an idea of a look that popped into his mind. So he started working on it. A blue outfit, with green highlights was the end result. He planned on never taking his headphones or glasses off.

Then it happened. Coder had a burst of inspiration, and made his first universe. He had no clue where the inspiration had come from, but it was there. He called it Undertale. It was an amazing universe, it was small originally, so Coder made it larger. Turning a mere canvas into a full universe. It was fascinating to see everything play out. It was also Coder's first interaction with his creations. He met with a monster that called himself Gaster. Gaster was fascinating, a naturally occurring Skeleton Monster similar to himself!

Gaster could be called Coders first friend, and the one that taught them something about computing. It was unfortunate when Coder returned back home one day, and when he turned around Monster Kind was sealed underground. Gaster asked Coder to do something. So he did, he created a loop. A [RESET] Mechanic that would persist for a while, and eventually lead to the Monsters freedom. The reason for doing it this way? If he had just restored monsters, it would have reignited the spark of war. It was better to let tensions cool down. Gaster stopped speaking to Coder after that.

Coder didn't know if Gaster regretted cutting off contact with him or not. Because a few years later Gaster had just disappeared. This was the first time Coder had more than two drops of white ink added to his daily mixture. Regardless, a hundred years passed. Coder had only one universe that they were caring for, and expanding. Eventually the Monsters were free'd, and his promise was completed. It was then Coder discovered two skeletons, both with different traits of himself. His height and energy was present in Papyrus. While his power and lack of motivation was present within Sans. He thought they were clones for a moment. He never initiated contact with them. Just watched as time passed.

A few million years passed. Coder watched the universe collapse under heat death. The last survivor was a Skeleton, who had lived far longer than they should have, and they were under constant pain. Coder put Gaster out of his misery, unmaking his creation. Everyone else had passed peacefully. Then the [RESET] activated. Recreating the universe from the very beginning. Starting a new story. This time Coder didn't get involved, and instead watched as his creations developed. Gaster in this universe had become colder, more distant. Likely lonely, as Coder was his only friend in the previous universe. Events remained pretty much the same, except this time Gaster made friends with the ruler of Monsterkind.

— Coder's POV

I glanced at the error in Undertales code. They popped up occasionally, and each time they were an absolute pain to deal with. If left unchecked, it could split off and form an entirely new universe, and I was way too busy to mess with another Undertale. Undertale was hard enough to maintain, much less new universes.

I sighed as I took a drink from my mix, the burst of emotions making me feel a bit more there. Regardless, I need to fix the error. Find the source of the error, and prevent it from occurring again. I hate patching. It forces me to acknowledge that I made a mistake. I'm not supposed to make mistakes! Oh well. Not much I can do about it.

Anyways, one more change, and the error should be fixed. Returning Undertale back to stability, with none the wiser. There we go. Hmm, I wonder if the Fallen Humans timeline has started yet? Huh, Ebott got quarantined this time for safety concerns. So no humans have fallen this time. Oh well, the barrier will break on its own in a few more years. So no Fallen Humans timeline this time.

Stretching out, I take one last glance at the Undertale universe, before heading to my hammock to lay down and stare at my starry ceiling. "Goodnight Undertale."

When I break out of my trance of staring into the stars, I remake my inky cocktail. Taking a swig, I return to look at Undertale… and promptly throw up black ink. Wiping away the Ink, I look at the massive amount of errors that had formed in the code. The auto-correction function was working over time trying to fix and stall it till I returned. I waved my hands, and focused my intent as I started manually fixing the errors, while trying to figure out what was causing them.

It took me a few minutes before I realized what was going on. Something from out of the universe had arrived in the universe, and Undertale didn't have the support structure required to handle out of context souls. I kneaded the space between my eye sockets. Then I shook my head, as I opened a portal near the out of context problem. Sans and Papyrus stood with widened eye sockets as they saw me. I saw the error sitting on the couch with a hot chocolate. A quick move, and I grabbed and hoisted him over my shoulder, kidnapping the blackened skeleton with the errors covering their body.

I returned back to my space, a quick burst of intent created a cage to put the error in. I tossed it in. They grunted as they landed, and I went back to fixing the errors. Without the error in the universe it was a lot easier to fix, and now that I knew it was an issue, I'd fix the problem as well, and add a support system in place for world travelers. That way Out of Context errors don't cause trouble. I stood back, admiring my work. Then I turned to the error.

"First time seeing a living error, do you have a name error?" The error blinked at me. They were scared of me, but also severely confused. "Can you speak? Or do I have to make it where you can speak?" They may not have vocal cords? Wait, no it's a monster, vocal magic then? Oh, it could be sign language, I really need to learn that language, could be useful.

A garbled voice echoed out, "Ę̷̜̂r̵͎͗͐r̴̛̟͒o̴͚̙̒r̸̎."[Error].

I blinked. Now I was confused, "No I mean your name, I know you're an error, but what is your name?"

He growled, "Ę̴̺̊r̷̪̥̈͐r̷̛̥̩o̵̮͛̈r̷̝̊ ̵̲̎i̴͌̌͜ͅṥ̶͈ ̶͕̉͜m̵͖̊ÿ̶̟͐ ̶̙̫́̿n̵̰̎a̵͚̋͝m̷̞̪̈̆è̶̩͋!̷̎ͅ" [Error is my name!]

"Oh… oh! Ok, so Error. Where the hell did you come from?" My eye sockets narrowed in suspicion. I didn't create this thing.

"N̵̙̿̎ŏ̷̝̱n̶͎̪̈́e̶̝̾̕ͅ ̸̘̹̓̕o̸̫̔f̴̛̗̽ ̵̼̗͝y̷̲͐ͅo̴̖͐ṳ̵̚r̵̢̛̖ ̶͙̫͒̓b̵̬̐̊ǘ̸̺ī̸̤͔s̷͈̣̅̂i̵͍̗͊ņ̵̕e̷͖͇͐̓s̸̙̔ṡ̴̜̚!" [None of your business!]

I took a seat next to the cage and looked him straight in the eyelight. "It became my business the moment you ended up in my universe and almost destroyed it."

"A̴̤̭̚͘l̵̫͚̔̈m̴̠̈́͘o̵̻͂̕s̴̙͌ͅt̷͎̍̍ ̶̯́d̵̫̺͗e̶̪̒̚s̵͍͉̓̈t̵̙̀r̸̯͘o̸͉̬͐̚y̷̮̲͐̆e̷̯̚ͅd̸̫̽ ̵̣͑̅ͅḭ̵̛͖̾t̸̛̩̪͊?̵̲͂͆͜!̷͜͝" [Almost destroyed it?!] He panicked for a moment, "H̶̬͖́̄o̸̪͙̓w̵̼̤͑̇!̶̥̯̕ ̷̭̄I̸̧͜͠ ̴̧̥͑d̸̛̺̉ḯ̵̱̹d̶̟̽͜ṋ̶͕̀̀'̴̫͆t̵͚̐͐ ̸̹̹̋̎d̴̰̗́ö̶̡͍̕ ̵͇̻̍͠a̶̫͊n̷͚̯̅y̶̹͆t̸͈̗͑͋h̶̞̽̋i̷̦̘̒n̷̡̥̅ǵ̷͕!̶͉̽͜" [How! I didn't do anything!]

Hmm, how to explain this. "Undertale has a set number of rules and laws of nature. Your existence breaks every single one of them, and causes the system to completely glitch out. Not to mention it didn't have the capability to support external souls. Especially one covered in errors and broken code. Do you have any idea how long I'm going to have to spend patching and repairing the damage caused?" He stared blankly. "It's going to take months! Hell, if I'm unlucky it might take years If I forget it. Do you have any idea how hard it is to maintain a universe and prevent it from randomly collapsing or splitting off and creating more work for me to do!"

He looks around the creation void. "Ẃ̶̲̅h̵̟͛ȩ̵̺̈́͋ṟ̸͂̈e̸̼̔ ̵͉͇͆ā̸̱̗͠r̴͓͑͋͜e̸͔̟͛̀ ̶̯̊a̶͙͗̚l̴̳̤̓͘l̸̨̈͋ ̴̤̄̕t̶̰̾h̴͓̳͆͝ē̸̝͚̊ ̷̣̫͊̈́o̶̦͊t̷̨͇́̂h̷̓͜e̵͎͙͗̊r̸͍̣͑ ̸̲̮͊̌ụ̸̄̉n̵̠̹̅̈́i̷͙̹̒̓v̴̗̮̇e̶͒͜͜r̵̼̺͋s̶̱̹̎̇e̷͚̒̾s̵̻͘?̸̘͋̓" [Where are all the other universes?]

I blinked. "There is only one universe here, with how much effort it takes to maintain this one, why would I make more?" He looked at me blankly after that, I sighed, and gestured, the cage dissolving as I grabbed the skeleton's hand and pulled him up. "I suppose we got off on the wrong foot Error. My name is Coder, and I am the Creator of this universe." I say, shaking his hand. He was staring at his hand in confusion, and then asked me something.
"H̸̹̉̚ó̴͚͘w̸̝̩̓ ̴̝̠̇á̷̹̟̈́m̸̬̘̀̉ ̸̰̝͒İ̷͔̈́ ̸̼͙͝͝n̸̯͠ͅǫ̵̲̽t̶̬̘̊ ̸̟͐̀ċ̷͕ṙ̷̻̝̚ȧ̶̺ś̴̼ȟ̶͇͆ḯ̸̗̯n̵͔͝g̴̜̹̿̏?̷͎͖͛" [How am I not crashing?]

I blinked. "What?"

"I̵͎̹͊̽.̷͚͑̑.̵͚̿.̷͍̅̊ͅ ̷̡̣͆͐d̴̝̠̓o̸̘̘͘n̵̳͔̅̑'̵̙̎̈́t̸͙͌̉ ̶̳̇l̴͉̋ĩ̸̥͗k̶̲̂͘͜ẽ̶ͅͅ ̵̗̏͐g̴̖͋ͅe̵͐ͅt̸̜͍͝t̵͓̤́̐i̷͈̇̊n̵̬̈́g̵̯͝ ̷͔͖̀ṭ̷̬͒͗o̴̬͆ṷ̴̀͑c̸̪͒h̷̡̘̄̕é̷̱͐ḍ̷͎̀͆.̵̗͔͘" [I… don't like getting touched.]

Ah, I see, "Oh, a phobia? I can't trigger phobias. Or PTSD for that matter. Heh, I met someone with cartilogenophobia, they thought they were cured for a while… It was pretty amusing." I did feel a bit bad when I read that on my glasses later after I took a swig of my daily vial. But when I was running low on emotions it was pretty funny.

I lowered my hands, before realizing he was just holding onto my hand for dear life. Error was focused completely on the hand to hand contact in a trance. It looked pretty much like the recording I took when I was observing the stars above my hammock. Well, he was going to be like that for a while. With a bit of focus on my intent I started to fix the problems in Undertale caused by his arrival. My bandaid patch wasn't going to last forever after all.

More Travelers - 2
I was blankly editing code and fixing… something. My notes said to prepare Undertale for possible future multiverse travelers. So that is what I was doing.

"H̵͙͛ṳ̸̓h̷̢̄,̵͕̔ ̵͈͘ẅ̵͈́h̵͖͂à̷̯t̷̟͝ ̸̻̄ä̶̜r̷͔̐e̴̬̾ ̷̬̿y̵͈̌o̷̞͋ū̶̪ ̸̫͝d̷͚̎õ̸̭i̴͚͗n̷̝̽g̴̫̀".[Huh, what are you doing.]

I blankly looked to my side. A black skeleton was holding my hand. "Who are you?"

"I̴͋͜ ̶͔̂a̶̘̒m̷̱͝ ̵͍̽Ȩ̶̉ŕ̵̹r̴̬̉ô̷̼r̷͔͆,̷̳̽ ̴̫͋d̸͉̿ọ̷̾n̸̖̾'̵̱͂t̶̞͛ ̴̄ͅy̸̜͊ó̵͙u̸̥̇,̸̢̈́ ̶̻̃o̷͖̔ḩ̴̈.̴͔͒ ̸̼̎Y̸̪̓ö̷̯u̶͔͊ ̴͔̃d̴̳̂o̶̹͂n̷͔̈́'̴͍̈́t̵̫̎.̸̠̿" [I am Error, don't you, oh. You don't.]

I shrugged. "Hi Error! Nice to meet you! I got to get back to work, can you let go of my hand."

The sk- No, Error let his hand go. I focused back on the code.

"W̶̙͘h̵̠͘a̷͎̍t̵͈̓ ̵̜̽á̸̹ŗ̴̾ȩ̵̌ ̶̉ͅy̵̐͜o̶̧͌ṳ̸̋ ̵̡̏d̷̘̊o̶̭̿i̶̗̒n̶̩͠g̵͉̒?̷̛̞" [What are you doing?]

"Making my universe capable of receiving multiversal visitors without causing destruction. It is complicated."

"Ĩ̸͍ ̶̼̀s̶͖͗ȇ̷͜e̵̲͒,̶̯̕ ̸̫̄w̴͝ͅh̶̠͆ỳ̸̢ ̷͚̇d̵͚̒o̴̹̚ ̶̠͋y̸̫̕o̵̪͠u̶̹͆ ̸̢̛b̴̻̆o̴̡̽t̷͚̒ḩ̵̋e̶̦͊r̵̤̒ ̵̰̉w̵͙̓ḯ̸̢t̸̥̋h̷̭͑ ̶̻͠t̴̍͜h̶̦̍ȅ̸͕ ̵̓͜ê̵͚r̶̡̅ṙ̶͙o̶̡̿r̶̨̓s̷͓̏?̷̡̔ ̶̞̃I̶̲̍t ̴̰̆s̸̨͝ë̵̳́e̸̼̽m̷̮̕s̷̳̈́ ̴̮̄ȃ̶̢g̴̣̏a̵̩͑i̸̪͝n̸͓̎ș̵͠t̷̪̔ ̴͙̓y̸̯͐o̷͘͜ȕ̸͍ŗ̵̊ ̶̠́c̵͈͐h̴̬́a̵̞̓r̷̨̈́a̴͔̍c̵̪̄t̴͙̐ȅ̶̞r̶͙͝?̴̗́" [I see, why do you bother with the errors? It seems against your character?]

I focused on Error. "You know my character? Are we friends?"

He was silent for a moment. "Ỉ̴̫ ̵̧̈́s̷͚̀u̷̩̔p̷̩̈́p̵̲͝ȍ̸̘ș̴̈́ẻ̴̠ ̸̖̆w̶̳͝ȩ̸̂ ̷̩̑a̷͍͘r̵̜͠ë̵̦́ ̴̕ͅf̴̀ͅõ̸̝ŕ̵͓ ̶̤̀n̵̻̊o̷̺̕w̶̦͌,̴͕̋ ̶͉͌s̸͈̚q̶͙͝u̸̯̿i̵̫̕ḋ̵͜.̵͎͝" [I suppose we are for now, squid.]

"Huh, that isn't my name." I tap on my visor. "It says my name is Coder."

He looked at me for a second. "Y̴̱͌ö̷͎́u̸̻̔ ̵̨͒t̴͌͜a̸͍̽k̵̠̎e̵̙̍ ̸͚̋ǹ̷̳o̶̦͝t̸̙̆ȇ̴̦s̷͍̈́ ̸̱̍ư̷̘s̶͍̅i̷̳͌ň̸͈g̴̲̒ ̴̲̑ÿ̶̫o̶̬͌u̴̳͗ṟ̵͋ ̵͕̌g̴̤̀ľ̷͙ȃ̸̡s̶̖̉s̴̭̾ę̴͘s̸̪̔?̶̰̅" [You take notes using your glasses?]
I nodded, "I blank out occasionally, I take notes on my visor to prevent losing track of what I am doing. Sometimes I remember things I had forgotten, sometimes I just forget." One day I'm going to forget everything. I shook my head, removing the dark thought. I'm running low on my emotions. With a sigh I move away from the Undertale universe, and start messing with my vials. Following the steps on my visor.

Error came next to me, staring in confusion. "W̵͔͠h̵̺̀a̵̻̿t̵̜̏ ̷̢̏a̴̠͗r̷̘̽ė̵̟ ̶̟͘y̶̫̌ơ̴͎ǘ̴̪ ̶͋ͅd̶͖̿o̶̯̽i̸͖̕n̸̤̊g̶̣͠?̴̪͝" [What are you doing?]

"Running low on emotions, making an emotional cocktail so I'm back at my peak." I replied as I measured out a drop of red."

"Ṣ̶̽o̵̭̿ ̸͙́y̸͎̚o̶̻̅u̶̫͘ ̷̱͛m̵͖̀i̶̲̾x̶͎̃ ̶̻̌à̶ͅl̴͍̿l̷̙͋ ̴̫̌y̶͑ͅo̶̡̊u̶̡͒r̶̛̤ ̴̪̈v̷͕̉i̸̭͝ä̷̠́l̸͙̈́ṣ̸͂.̷͎͌" [So you mix all your vials?] He asked, raising his socket.

I shook my head. "Don't blend. It will turn the mixture gray. Too many mixed colors is bad, it's best to have a dominant color that is supported by the other colors. Having it layer onto each other without actually combining makes it work the way it's supposed to. It's worse than just drinking from one vial at a time."

Error froze, before he asked another question. "W̶̬̽h̴̫͠ǎ̶̰ṫ̷̤ ̴̺̈́h̴̺͆ã̶̢p̶̨͠p̸͖̏e̴̼͑n̴̫̒s̸̹̏ ̵̪̀ï̴͚f̵̡̓ ̴̝̇ȳ̷̱ò̶̬u̸̧̇ ̶͚͝d̷̦͗r̴̤̈i̵͍͆n̴̰̄ḵ̶̈́ ̴̦̐f̷͍̕r̶͓̕o̴͎̎m̷͙̀ ̵̟̿a̴̡͑ ̵̡̅s̶͕̓i̸̧͐n̸̝̂g̶̜̈l̸̾ͅé̴̯ ̶͚̐v̷̻͛i̶̹͝ä̶̜́l̶̘̎?̷̙̑" [What happens if you drink from a single vial?]

I checked my notes. "To put it bluntly, I become a sociopath. I don't really function like a normal person if I take only one, and I stop caring for pretty much anything but getting my fix. Layering it this way allows me to emulate someone with a soul reliably. Allows me to feel both fulfillment and guilt, and the other emotions that aren't on the basic colors in my sash."

He nodded, understanding blossoming on his face.

Looking back at the Undertale universe my eyes widen. "The hell happened?!" The newly made Quarantine Check had caught several dozen multiverse travelers, who were now trapped on Undertale until their code was adapted to.

"W̵̖̃ḥ̷̕a̸̞͂t̵͇̂ ̸̮͗ḣ̸̹a̵̧͛p̶̢̛p̷̤̀e̷͚̅ņ̵͂ĕ̷̡d̸͉̀?̴̜̃" [What Happened!] Error came beside me, looking at the universe in concern.

"A bunch of multiverse travelers somehow ended up in my universe, and now they are stuck there." I said with a sigh. This was going to take a lot of work.

"Ẏ̷̘o̵͕̚ǘ̴͔ ̴͓̕c̷̼͒ă̸̞n̶͉̕ ̶͖̋d̶̗̒ö̶́ͅ ̶̻͗t̵̺͑ḧ̷͍́ä̵́͜t̵͗͜?̴̥̓ ̶̮͑Ỹ̷ͅo̵̙̚ǔ̸̢ ̴̜̋c̶̱̓ȁ̶̪ň̸͖ ̴̻̈́ț̴͘r̸̭̐a̶̩͂p̴̖͠ ̷̦̈́p̵̡͋e̶̺͐ó̴̥p̶͎̉l̸̗͛ȅ̵̦ ̵̼̈ī̶̼n̷͔̆ ̴͍̔á̸͓ ̸̠̎u̵̪̍n̸̨͐i̴͙͝v̸͍͠e̴̖͆ṙ̷̼s̷̝͆è̸̞?" [You can do that? Trap people in a universe?] Error asked with widened eye sockets.

I nodded. "Yeah, It's not too difficult when you know what you are doing… Ah, I guess I should probably go say hello. I can't leave you here by the way."

He looked at me. "Ȳ̴̥õ̵̝ű̷̢ ̶͔̑c̶͓͌a̶̢͠n̵̹̂'̸͉̈́t̸̳͗ ̴̖͗l̴̯͑ḛ̸̔a̴̭̕v̵̨͛ẹ̷̽ ̴̺́m̴̺̌e̸̞͝ ̸̼͂ẖ̵́e̶̩̒r̶̲͝e̵̡̒?̷͖̈" [You can't leave me here?]

I nodded again, I've been doing that a lot recently. "Too dangerous. I don't allow anyone to stay here when I'm around. What if someone accidentally scratches Undertale? It would be disastrous and take forever to fix."

He grumbled acceptance to me, and I pulled him through a gateway I made. Stepping into Surface Snowdin Town. In front of us was the Font Brothers house. The location of the multiversal errors. I groaned. "Why are so many errors focused around those two!" Every iteration had some sort of problem that caused me so many issues.

I sighed. "Well, let's go introduce you to the brothers."

He spoke, "I̷̘͐ ̷̣̚m̸͍͌e̵̛͕t̵̹͋ ̶͎̅t̸̟͝h̵͇̐ẹ̶̄m̵̨̏ ̵̯̑ȧ̸͉ĺ̸͍r̵͔̂e̶͌͜a̶͎͊d̶͇̊ÿ̵͎.̵̤͗" [I met them already.]

I looked at him in confusion. "When?"

"B̴̲̊e̷̥̍f̶̼̋ọ̵͆ŕ̴̳ê̷̡ ̶̾ͅy̸̘͑o̴̼̓u̷̗͂ ̵̭̄k̶̺̚i̸̎ͅd̴͙̅n̴̜̂ä̵̧́p̶͇̋p̵̜̑e̴̥͐d̷͙͌ ̶̠̑m̶̢͆e̵̚ͅ ̸̝̑f̷̭́ṛ̵̀o̷̮͑m̶̖̀ ̵̖͐t̴̛̜ȟ̷͖e̵͎̅i̶̳͐r̵̬̈ ̵̬͛c̷͔͌a̴͎͑r̶̖̔é̴̢.̷͉̈́" [Before you kidnapped me from their care.]

I blinked. "When did I kidnap you?"

"À̵͓ ̵̣̎f̸̪̅ẹ̶̋ẁ̴͙ ̴̞̉h̸̠͌o̸̲̅u̵͉̚r̵̟̊s̴̥̍ ̸̦̀à̴̰g̶̬̀ȏ̸͉" [A few hours ago.]

Looking over my notes, I nodded. "Found it, oh you're a multiversal traveler as well? Hmm, you must be the reason I had to start work on making it where travelers could go to Undertale. Alrighty then. Come, let's go say hi."

"Y̸͎̑o̷̥̔u̷͍͐ ̸̥̑s̴̯̾ú̷̼r̴̼̆e̵͕̋ ̸͍̑t̷̪͛h̶͉͂ă̸̘ṫ̷̘'̷͓̎s̶̡̐ ̴̧̿ṣ̵͝m̶̤̕a̸̠͊r̷̯̽t̴͍̅?̴̝̿ ̵͉̈́T̸͙͒h̶͎͋e̶̦̍ỷ̶͍ ̴͚͛m̷̥̋i̵̮͒ğ̴̣h̷̜̔t̴͍̓ ̸̳̊a̸̹͊t̴̻͛t̴̖̑à̶̲ĉ̴͙k̵̹̀ ̵̖͊ÿ̴̖́ö̵̬ŭ̷̥.̷̟̕" [You sure that's smart? They might attack you.]

I shrugged. "Eh, wouldn't be the first time they've attacked me. Although they don't remember the last time they attacked me."

He gave me a blank look in reply. I shrugged as I knocked on the door. The crashing noises in the house stopped. A few seconds later someone behind the door spoke. "Whose there."

"Letter." I replied.

"Letter who?"

"Letter me in." I said with a slight grin.
There was a snort and a few groans on the other side. Before the door opened. My eye sockets widened a bit as I saw a slightly shorter version of myself in the room. The others however, were more focused on Error. Who shimmied closer to me. Felt him holding onto my hoodie with a death grip. The Sans, my Sans, had opened the door, and his eye lights had shrunk to pinpoints when he saw me. I decided to not dally and enter before he shut the door on me.

Then the rush began.

It took a few minutes for everyone to calm down. There were a LOT of alternative versions of Sans and Papyrus. They then began to talk about how they were all stuck here, so naturally I told them.

"Ah, you can't leave because of me." Everyone was just staring straight at me, including my Sans. "Currently your Quarantined until your code is fully accepted by the universe, meaning you're stuck here until then."

"Wait, so my machine didn't bring them here?" My Sans asked.

I shook my head, "I have no clue. I certainly didn't bring them here." I noticed the smaller me called Ink start to fidget as they looked at Error. "Anyways, they should be able to leave in about a year."

Now that caused a bit of anger, Sans and Papyruses shouting about duties and responsibilities, and Ink was upset about being unable to create. Meanwhile I just waited for everyone to calm down.

Ink then spoke to me. "Is there any way you can make it go faster?! My universes are in trouble."

"Nope. Attempting to pull you out from the Quarantine will tear you to shreds, you'd be effectively brain dead." I replied shrugging. "The only one capable of leaving this universe right now is Error and myself."

Ink narrowed his sockets, "Why is Error able to leave." He was staring at Error with hate, which is amusing to me cause I could tell he was just as soulless as I was.

"Because he got here before the Quarantine was built, so I integrated his code already, and then set up the process to be automatic. Hmm… Maybe you can tell him what's wrong so he can possibly fix it?"

"Tell him?! He caused it by linking himself to the multiverse and jumping into the void, it's obviously his plot to destroy all of the AUs!" Everyone was staring holes into Error, meanwhile I stared at Ink.

Error was about to open his mouth when I spoke, "So?" I was a bit confused, and since they were silent I kept talking. "If the universes are destroyed just make some new ones to replace the loss. I don't get this drama?"

"But I'm the Protector and Creator of AU's! I can't let them get destroyed!" Ink said, a bit upset that I didn't understand.

"But then, what do you do about heat death in that case?" I asked, not comprehending.

He stood proudly, "I devised a reset mechanic that will keep looping for a certain period of time, preventing heat death completely."

Ah, I see. It happened once and he doesn't want it to happen again. "I see. I got over that a long time ago. This is the… sixtieth iteration of Undertale I believe?"

Everyone was silent as they stared at me now. I laughed as I thought back, "My oldest current memory is the twelfth time Undertale was recreated. That was a good time. Humans and Monsters made it to space and built space colonies! There was even a space war! It was awesome."

Sans then spoke. "So… we are constantly reliving our lives over and over again?"

I shook my head no. "Definitely not. Each iteration is different. Sometimes you two don't even appear. Sometimes a monster human war doesn't start. Sometimes all humans are eradicated. There were two or three times that humans were sealed underground instead of monsters. You have to realize that every heat death is a couple billion years apart."

Error spoke behind me. "H̵̡̎ö̵̬w̸̼͛ ̵̱͗o̸͇̎ḷ̵̒d̴̟͠ ̵̮̅â̸̯r̶̯̿e̸͐͜ ̸͈͒ÿ̸́ͅò̴ͅu̶̝̿?̴̢̂" [How old are you?]

"Never counted."

Visiting Ink - 3
It's been a few days since I've talked with the Sans and Papyruss'. Was making a visit back to them today. Error had decided to stay there according to my notes. Error is apparently a black skeleton covered in errors. He's registered as a friend. I was planning on just ignoring them all. But I had made a note that an alternative version of myself was also there. Someone called Ink. My notes said that I should visit them. So I was going to.

I walked through the portal in front of the Font Brothers house, something to note is that apparently the alternates of Sans and Papyrus have the last name Gaster instead of Font. Hm, they expanded the house. Must be making room for all the travelers mentioned in my notes.

I knocked on the door. There was a bit of shuffling before the door flung open, sending my flying into the rosebush right next to the door.

"OH NO! SORRY STRAN- Oh, it's you." A Papyrus was enthusiastic at first, but his tone dipped into dislike as he realized it was me.

I pulled myself up, ignoring the thorns that scraped against my bones. I'm reversing the door before I leave. Noting that now. I edit my code on the fly, removing the scratches done to my bones. Before I looked at Papyrus. "Is that any way to greet a visitor?"

His eyelights narrowed. Before stepping aside, let me into the living room. Hmm, I wonder what I did to make them so upset with me before I left? The various skeletons had stopped what they were doing to glare at me. Oh, well. I don't really care what mortals think of me. Because they would die in the blink of an eye. I shook, for a second, what did I just think about?

Ah, my Sans is upstairs standing in the hallway. I blinked, "Sans?"

He looked at me groggily. "Oh… hey Coder. What are you doing here?"

I looked at him. "Sans… do you need some rest? You look tired."

He gave a shaky grin. "Yeah. I'm fine. Call me Vanilla though. Everyone has nicknames now, if someone is using Sans and Papyrus it starts a fight."

Oh, "Why would I care about them though? They aren't locals." He stared at me. "Your code says your name is Sans. Why can't I call you Sans."

They shrugged, "Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the good of everyone. Don't worry too much about it. When we are outside of the house, you can call me Sans."

I nodded, I didn't bother noting it though, I didn't care what the trespassing travelers thought. "Regardless, I'm here to speak to someone named Ink. Do you know where they are."

They blanked out for a second, before nodding. "They are in the shed… The others refuse to acknowledge him currently."

A quick walk, and I was there. Opening the door to the shed revealed… well, a shed. There was no bed, just a simple cover on the side. Ink was sitting on a stool, his face completely blank. Vials depleted.

"Hello." I said as I created a stool to sit on infront of him. He looked at me blankly. A quick glance at the code showed that he had been here for almost five days, no one had checked on him. WIth, a sigh, I did my regular mixture, and told him to drink it. Which he did blankly.

Then he stared at me… and started crying while hugging me.

After a few moments, he let go and backed away in fear. "Sorry Coder… Please don't hurt me."

I stared at him blankly. "Why would I?"

"You… don't hate me?" I gave him a shrug.

"I don't have the capacity to hate. Or atleast totally hate. You should know this. We are both soulless after all." I said, looking at him oddly.

"Everyone else hates me now. Said I shouldn't have made the RESET mechanic." He said, sitting back down in front of me.

"Oh. So?" My confusion was genuine. I didn't understand why he would care what mortals thought of him.

He looks at me. "I don't want to lose my friends. You may not understand it because you don't have friends."

"I have a friend!"

His boney socket rose. "Who?"

I looked at my notes. "Error. It says on my notes that someone called Error is my friend."

"You don't remember who Error is?" Ink asked in some concern.

I shrugged. "Not really. But my notes say he's a friend."
Ink froze for a second. "You have worse memory problems than I do."

"How so?"

"I'll occasionally forget things like names and events… however judging by the way your reacting, you don't even know who I am." Ink said, concern in his eyes.

I shrugged. "Remembering everything would suck anyways. So, you remember what happened?"

He thought for a second. "Alright, you showed up with Error and told everyone you were responsive for everyone being stuck there." I nodded. "Then we talked. Speaking about something… important. Then everyone tried to attack me. You stopped them. Protecting me. After that you threatened them and said if you came back and I was harmed you would dust all of them."

I checked my notes. It was all pretty accurate. "I see. So they put you here, out of sight and out of mind. What happened to your vials though?"

Ink shuddered. "Red poured them out."

I nodded. Punishment would have to be arranged. You don't take the source of our emotions away. "Vials." He handed over his sash. I concentrated a bit. Then the vials filled with different colored ink. "Here you go."

He smiled. "Thank you other me!"

"Hmm. Ah, I found out why I left. Was looking up to see if the Balance existed here in my multiverse or not. Seeing if Error was lying or not."

Ink looked hopeful. He really wanted to believe Error was lying.

"He wasn't. It's not easy finding it. But there is a limit to the creatosphere. Going over it would make a massive cascade effect. Destroying millions of universes until it was fixedt. It seems like it was deliberately hidden."

He looked at me. "Deliberately?!"

I nodded. "Yeah. It had to be covered up. I never covered up mine, yet it was covered. I am guessing it's similar to your multiverse. You likely have the same issue I had as well."

"Issue?"

"The overwhelming urge to create to the point it's painful." I replied shrugging.

His eye sockets widened. "You have that too?! Then how have you managed to create and stick with only one universe."

"I alter it. Every time I get that urge, I just keep working on Undertale. Using it to fuel my efforts. Why do you think this universe feels so expansive? Did I tell you about that one time there was a space war! It was awesome. Wouldn't have been possible if I hadn't expanded the universe." Ink was hanging on my every word. "Wanna know something interesting?"

He nodded rapidly, I thought his skull was going to fall off for a moment. Regardless, I waved. Showing a floating screen. "There is another version of each Sans and Papyrus, that are the same as each one of the Sans and Papyruses out there. Just in different timelines."

The screen was just scrolling. Millions of different timelines. Different versions of Horrortale, Swaptale. All of them exist within this one universe. Making the most of the space within this one verse. "With all those timelines. If I were to make another universe. It would have to be something completely different. Not even related to Undertale." I said with a shrug.

Inks eye sockets were widened. His eye lights had turned into stars as he saw all of the timelines. I closed the window.

He grabbed onto me. "Teach me! Please!"

I grinned, "I'm going to. In fact we can begin today." I gestured, creating art materials for us to start with. "Let's start with some drawing. It's time to teach you the art of details!"

—Coderverse Sans

I shook myself awake, I was waiting for my… creator. To leave the shed. They had entered to talk to the skeleton the others called Ink a while ago. To be honest, All I could feel was disgust towards the two creators. I know its unfair though. I hadn't talked to Coder nearly enough to form a judgment. Unfortunately their dislike infected Paps… I will have to go over some stories with him later. The importance of forming your own opinion must be instilled in Paps. I wonder if we will ever get to go to the surface? Coder may know. I'll ask them. As soon as they finally get out…

What are they doing in there?! I go and knock on the door. A second later it opens… and the entire shed is absolutely covered in paint. Coder and Ink are a mess. Coder looks at me, "Hi Sans! Did you need something?"

I shut the door.

Ink was currently taking a break. He sort of left after we got past the fun part and started on the more boring part. I was teaching him coding and how to patch and process different codes. I didn't know what to do. So I just went to the kitchen and started working on the universe from there. I cleaned myself up beforehand, of course. It wouldn't look good for my sci-fi look if the circuit board lines on my jacket were covered in paint.

So, I was just standing in the kitchen looking blankly into the codes when a Sans approached me. A quick check revealed him as Horrortale!Sans. He was staring, clutching at the hole on his skull. Before he asked a question.

"I need to get out of here… I have others I need to take care of."

I blinked, and looked at him. "Oh? Horrortale Sans right?"

He nodded, but he was confused. "Yes… but how do you know who I am?"

"I checked you." I replied with a shrug.

"I didn't feel anything?" He was deeply confused.

I stretched, finally moving again. "I checked your codes, not you individually. So, you can't leave. But why don't you tell me what you're worried about?"

He shuffled about. "My brother, he is home alone, and there isn't enough food stockpiled for an entire year. If I can't do something he will starve."

His voice came out in a crying tone. He was deathly worried. Hmm, I suppose I can put those fears aside. "Only a second will pass."

He focused on me, eyelights out.

I explained, "I've set the Undertale universe's time scaling on a multiple. Meaning by the time the year is past, only a second will have passed outside of it. As long as your brother has enough food for a few seconds, he should be fine."

He breathed out. "When did you do this?"

"The moment you guys arrived I synced the Creatosphere and Undertales time and accelerated it. I'm slowing it down when the Quarantine files are finished." I said with a shrug. Then I pulled up my notes. "According to my notes, everyone had some sort of duties in their universe, and they were all very vocal about it. That is when I started the acceleration."

He started walking out, stopping at the doorway. "Thank you." He then walked out.

Papyrus entered right after he left, and approached me. "I'M SORRY FOR MY BEHAVIOR TODAY, I DON'T REALLY HAVE A APOLOGY GIFT RIGHT NOW, BUT I CAN OFFER A HUG."

"Huh… Hell no!"

"LANGUAGE!"

"This is way too mushy for my tastes, I'm getting the hell out of here." I jumped back into the Creatosphere, if I stay there I'm likely going to get a ton of apologies, people talking to me, and most terrifyingly! Social Conversation! I'm able to just barely handle Ink, and maybe Error, I don't really remember what happened when I was hanging with Error, but I wouldn't have him in my notes if he wasn't my friend. Meaning I must be able to tolerate him. Regardless, I've spent centuries alone and watching things. I am not going to get dragged into socializing. I've already said more words in the past few days than I've said in years.

Ah. the peace and quiet of the Creatosphere… I missed you.

""̶̰͌Ý̷̝o̷͠ͅű̴̧ ̶͎̄a̸̰̕r̸̢̕ê̵̳ ̴͚̿s̴̼̅ù̴̧r̵̡̾p̴͙̈r̴̦͠i̶̥̐s̵̗͆i̶̙̓n̴̫̓ḡ̵͉l̶͉͘y̷͚͒ ̵̬̒ń̸̮ḯ̴͙c̵̨̋ê̸̦ ̵͙̈́C̶̯̔o̷͎̍d̵̬̀e̸͆ͅr̷̼͝.̶̱̔" [You are surprisingly nice Coder.]

I blinked, I was just finishing fixing another timeline that got dangerously close to overwriting the main universe again. Error is here. I think. "Error… right?"

He nodded, ""̸͓̀H̸̞͒e̷͖̅á̴͎r̶̻̔d̴̨̈ ̸̪̿o̸̫͒f̸̟̈́ ̸̥̈́w̶̰͐h̵̖́a̷͈͠t̸̡̚ ̷̻̀y̶͎̋o̵̙̓u̴͇͑ ̶̛̰d̸̲͝ị̸̐ḓ̷̑,̸̙̎ ̸̟͛t̶͓̕h̸̙͝e̵̖͑ ̶̻̿o̴̞͝t̴͈̍h̷̪͆e̴̼͑r̵̥̿s̶̥͝ ̵̗̔a̷̺͊p̵̣͗p̶̗̾r̷͔̓ě̵̟c̴̝͒i̶̡̔ä̸͕́t̷͉͐e̵̹͂ ̸̯͒ȉ̷͖t̴͉͊.̷̼̆" [Heard of what you did, the others appreciate it.]

I snorted. I couldn't help it. "Everyone believes I'm a nice guy now huh. Fascinating."

"Ẅ̵́ͅẖ̵͘à̶̱t̷̋ͅ ̴̲̎d̷̺͘ơ̵͖ ̸̣̍y̸͙̽ö̸͇́u̴̻͛ ̶͉͂m̵̨̅e̷͈̋a̶̟͘n̶̟͌?̵̘̀" [What do you mean?]

"I'm not a good guy Error." I say, sitting down on a chair I made. "I'm not even close."

I felt Error check me. I didn't stop it.

[Coder]
[LV: ∞]
[ATK: ∞]
[DEF: ∞]
[Is currently contemplating their past.]

I felt Error focus on the LV. "W̸̠̅h̵͉͗ÿ̴̢́ ̶̱̒i̶̛̬s̸̮͠ ̴̢̄y̸̗̓o̷͉͠u̵̱̿r̶̪̋ ̷͎̇L̸̟͝V̵͖̈́ ̷̥́s̴̟̔o̸̻̔ ̴̰̍h̶̭́i̷͔̎g̷̽͜h̶̘̄?̶͋ͅ" [Why is your LV so high?]

"I'm not like Ink. Sure, I create universes. But I can't do it instinctively. I had to learn."

He froze. I think he is beginning to understand.

I took a step, and the carpet disappeared. Revealing thousands upon thousands of scattered pages. All with different versions of UNDERTALE. "It took a long time to get to the point where I perfected this universe. Sometimes they collapsed on their own. Other times I had to erase them."

I laughed, "Sometimes the inhabitants realized what was going to happen, and they fought back. But, I'm not the type to get easily overpowered." After a certain point, your LoVe starts to get so high that it either glitches out, or turns into an infinity symbol. "I hold no compassion for those mortals currently visiting Undertale Error. I'll outlive all of them, and form attachments… it's a pointless endeavor. It only hurts you in the long run. So, Error. What will you do when you outlive your friends? At some point, the resets will bug out, or just stop. After that, they will be gone."

I felt a portal form, and Error left. In the corner of my eye I saw him crying. I wonder if they ever acknowledged the frailty of mortal beings. I suppose not. They would have to acknowledge it eventually… I miss Gaster. He hated me before I had to erase him. But he was a really good friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back