• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Ay Tone, I gotta question about Rule 8

Whitesnake Pelinal

Like a dream without a dreamer
If I finally get off my ass and write my awesome empire smutfic or some space nazi waifu catalog action, is it gonna get purged like Rebel Yell did?

In general, you should be fine, as long as the rule 1/8 stuff remains firmly in the fic itself. QQ is very permissive in that regard.

The issue that Rebel Yell had is that not only did its rule 1 behavior leave the fic and start to be unironically voiced by the people in the thread, but essentially nobody was willing to help police it, be it by speaking up or (better yet) reporting the troublesome activity.

In general, you should be fine, as long as the rule 1/8 stuff remains firmly in the fic itself. QQ is very permissive in that regard.

The issue that Rebel Yell had is that not only did its rule 1 behavior leave the fic and start to be unironically voiced by the people in the thread, but essentially nobody was willing to help police it, be it by speaking up or (better yet) reporting the troublesome activity.
We don't know what the mods think is troublesome, and good people don't point the finger without reason. Particularly when we're used to stories such as Inheritance where this behavior is celebrated. Chiming in with the protagonist's political views, encouraging violence against their enemies, that sort of thing. It's all quite normal around here, and until now I thought it was well understood that it existed within the context of the thread.

Should I be expanding this sort of policing out into all the other threads where I observed this behavior? Discussing it in thread, and also reporting it in cases where it could be some expression of political sentiment rather than fanboying?

Last edited:
There's a fair amount of leeway granted to people in-thread playing along with the story. In most reasonable cases there won't be an issue.

Assuming there is an issue, the way forward is to heed mod warnings and make a good-faith effort to resolve it. We will issue warnings before taking more precipitous action.

We don't know what the mods think is troublesome, and good people don't point the finger without reason.

The people who got the finger pointed at them:

i484ff.png

qdcsla.png

Trying to claim the moral highground on behalf of these people is wild.

If I finally get off my ass and write my awesome empire smutfic or some space nazi waifu catalog action, is it gonna get purged like Rebel Yell did?

Plenty of authors and writers on QQ write raceplay, myself included. None of us have ever been infracted or punished for it. All it takes, is not encouraging your readers to be actually racist.

Rebel Yell was uniquely impressive in that it failed to meet even that incredibly low bar.

Write your nazi jerkoff fantasy. No one cares. If you go too far, at worst a mod will ask you to tone it down. That's what happened to Rebel Yell's QM after all. Even despite the blatant, actual racism and bigotry, what got him actually punished was trying to sneak around the mod's request.

QQ is permissive to a fault.

Last edited:
Trying to claim the moral highground on behalf of these people is wild.
My concern for moral conduct is in mine, not theirs. I don't want to end up in the position of feeling obligated to shotgun report a bunch of shit, when I already hate the secret snitch feature and almost never use it, because if I don't one of them will be the proverbial straw that gets the thread locked.

Plenty of authors and writers on QQ write raceplay, myself included. None of us have ever been infracted or punished for it. All it takes, is not encouraging your readers to be actually racist.
I don't know why raceplay would even be part of the question. No-one would give a shit if I wrote a white room scenario where I summoned every black Worm character to de-power and sodomize them, they'd just get bored and click back. It's if I write the E88 being infiltrated or conquered, made competent, and Brockton Bay turned into a sundown town with white picket fences and white babies everywhere that I expect problems.

There's a fair amount of leeway granted to people in-thread playing along with the story. In most reasonable cases there won't be an issue.

Assuming there is an issue, the way forward is to heed mod warnings and make a good-faith effort to resolve it. We will issue warnings before taking more precipitous action.
I can appreciate that the staff are never going to write anyone a blank check. I'm just worried about ending up in a situation where I'm writing Darth Nazi with racism=7 and get told I need it to be at a 3. Needing the thread to be clear of rule-violating material, I understand.

My concern for moral conduct is in mine, not theirs. I don't want to end up in the position of feeling obligated to shotgun report a bunch of shit, when I already hate the secret snitch feature and almost never use it, because if I don't one of them will be the proverbial straw that gets the thread locked.

I don't know why raceplay would even be part of the question. No-one would give a shit if I wrote a white room scenario where I summoned every black Worm character to de-power and sodomize them, they'd just get bored and click back. It's if I write the E88 being infiltrated or conquered, made competent, and Brockton Bay turned into a sundown town with white picket fences and white babies everywhere that I expect problems.

I can appreciate that the staff are never going to write anyone a blank check. I'm just worried about ending up in a situation where I'm writing Darth Nazi with racism=7 and get told I need it to be at a 3. Needing the thread to be clear of rule-violating material, I understand.
Nothing in the story is a problem as long as it stays in the story.

This is not complicated and it's already been answered. Mods don't care about the content of the story. They care if you and your readers start being racist outside of it. You're just refusing to accept the answer.

This is true for pretty much everything.

You're not allowed to advocate for real people to be raped, but you can write non-con rapefics. You're not allowed to encourage harm to children, but you can write about some evil dictator winning using his army of child soliders as cannon fodder. You're not allowed to discuss politics, but you can write a story *about* politics.

The only thing that makes racism different is that racists are generally so knuckle-draggingly moronic that they're unable to separate fiction from reality, so they tend to fall afoul of the rules more often. But hey, that's on them. It won't affect you or your thread (beyond temp locks etc as the malefactors are identified and punished) unless you join in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back