• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Blacksmith quest

*snerk* Lancer and Lelouch, bonding over misfortune.

sample-520ceab6d4b099183b2a70551c533b77.jpg

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

[X] Plan Biigoh

You know, Zecchan's never done any of this before. She could very well be the type of woman that isn't into shopping.
*snirk*

FurikoMaru said:
Zel should wear something purple. Purple looks excellent with blonde hair and it'll bring out the red in her eyes without competing with it too much.
Can't go wrong with ponytail, right?

And bandages and mesh have a certain charm.

Floating on top of the most beautiful lake bordering Mt. Fuji, The Kawaguchi Convention Hotel attracts a wealthy clientèle. The nearby department store is no different, with a vast selection of upmarket offering a vast collection of mid to upmarket good, After the ghetto's misery, Archer takes this opportunity to watch the privileged Japan. The latest fashion, the newest gadgets, but mostly, the people themselves.

They're a happy bunch, those Britannians, surprisingly open minded. Many couples brazenly display their affection within the store, yet no one is offended by it, even if some loves are from different ethnicities or share the same gender. The lack of racism or homophobia is an uplifting thought, even if the illusion of tolerance is shattered as soon as he sees the Japaneses cleaners sticking to the shadows, doing their utmost to fade into the walls.

How bad is it for the commoners when they're in the presence of nobility?

"An opening!"

Archer's head rolls back against the finger poking his forehead. "Ow," he complains unconvincingly.

Zel glares, fists on her hips. "Eyes front! This charming girl is asking for your onion."

It took Archer 4 stores to do his shopping. Now a consequent wardrobe sits in a duffel bag next to him. As tempting as a smartphone and a netbook had been, his funds had considerably thinned after his previous purchases.

Zel had no desire to give away their precious cash when a new getup was the matter of a minor adjustment to her form. Archer was incredibly relieved by how accommodating the book was.

Until she smiled like a devil and innocently she mentioned that even if she didn't need the items themselves, she could still use inspiration.

And so Archer was dragged through the most intense of window shopping session ever.

Even without her princess dress, Zel's presence as she strode impreiously into the stores was striking, instantly reeling in everyone's attention, staff and costumers alike. She was every bit the flighty socialite, eager to part with a great amount of money and obtaining free reign on the shop in return. She casually picked up any articles to her liking and made a show of trying them on, parading through the aisle, flaunting her good looks. She strolled up to Archer, deaf to the praise showered upon her, interested only in his judgment, to the despair of her captivated audience.

It was all Archer could do to resist falling under her spell and stayed composed as he agreed with them. As fine as the clothes were they had little to do with it. Zel would have looked great in a potato sack.

Once she finished clawing her way through the entire stock, she'd walk out just as swiftly she'd come in, nodding at the salesmen with a mischievous smile before gliding next door.

Then she would do it all over again. Cloth, shoes, jewels, perfumes, make up, she pursued them all with implacable thoroughness, with no sign of slowing down.

Archer is no iconoclast. He appreciates a well coordinated outfit, especially on a pretty girl, but after half a day spent on the first floor, his endurance is heavily taxed.

He heaves a long suffering sigh, flopping down in an armchair as Zel disappears in a change room, a purple dress in hand.

Another sigh echoes his. A man crumples in a nearby seat, burned out by the same bonedeep resignation as himself. Clad in a beat up jacket and washed out jeans that clashes violently with the pristine store, his black glasses can't hide the scar tissue around his eyes or his unmistakably Japanese traits.

A Japanese thug has carefreely encroached in the Britannian haven. This can't end well.

As if sensing Archer's interest, the man's dark glasses swivel toward him and the two men measure each other. Instantly, they recognize that they're more than meet the eye.

The man's face twist into a challenging smirk, his hands idly fingering a white cane.

"Archer! Look here!"

Zel's voice breaks the tension. She waltzes in half carrying and half-dragging a blushing teenage girl in the same purple dress as she. She strikes a pose, the other girl following her lead timidly.

The same shoulder length blond hair, same reddish eyes, same pale skin and body proportion. Along with the same dress, the resemblance is uncanny. "Found a sister?"

Zel nods emphatically. "I'm keeping her!"

The girl flushes even darker and stutters unintelligibly.

Archer shakes his head. "You don't think her family might have an issue with that?"

"I certainly would, " The blind man speaks suddenly. "Having fun, Haruka?"

From within Zel's bear hug, Haruka laughs embarrassedly. "Mamoru-san. This is Zel. We look alike, a little."

'Mamoru' eyebrow raises behind his glasses. "Ho? Then she must be a looker. I'm afraid I can't tell myself."

Zel stills in surprise. "Oh. Well, if you want, I'll help Haruka-chan picks her clothes!"

Mamoru lowers his head. "Thanks."

Before Haruka can put a word in, the taller girl pushes her to the changing room, several new blouses in hand.

"Sorry about her. This shopping trip was a long time coming, so she's very enthusiastic."

"It's alright," Mamoru grunts with a shrug. "So long as the girls have their fun, it's all good."

"True." Archer admits before the two fall into an easy silence while Zel devastates the store on Haruka's behalf, and then hand every articles back impeccably folded. to the mounting bafflement of the staff.

"Not buying anything?" Mamoru asks first, to Archer's amusement.

"We're a little short on cash right now," Archer admits. "You?"

"Same. But I think the stores didn't take it as well from us as from you." He says, pointing toward several guards skulking outside the shops. "You'd better not stick with us if you don't want troubles."

'Then we should help them,' Zel's declares in his mind.

Archer considers his option.

[] Pass. Just yesterday, Hild told him to stay out of trouble.
[] Buy a few article in the shop. That'll keep everyone happy, except your wallet.
[] Confront the guards. It's not like they're a threat.
--[] Discreetly. No need to cause a scene.
[] Zel interrupt: Mind trick the guards into walking away
--[] Also, take some clothes for free?
[]Write-in.

------------------

*Sigh* I've spent all my free time on this and it still took me a week. Being talentless sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Zel interrupt: Mind trick the guards into walking away
- - [X] Also, take some clothes for free?

[X] Zel interrupt: Mind trick the guards into walking away
- - [X] Also, take some clothes for free?

Liam-don said:
*Sigh* I've spent all my free time on this and it still took me a week. Being talentless sucks.

Not as much as having talent and no discipline, believe me. You end up writing 20, 000 mediocre words on the subject of a perverted burglar reincarnated as a little girl and getting tempbanned for such foolishness when you should be working on your novel or finding a job.

Last edited by a moderator:
FurikoMaru said:
Not as much as having talent and no discipline, believe me. You end up writing 20, 000 mediocre words on the subject of a perverted burglar reincarnated as a little girl and getting tempbanned for such foolishness when you should be working on your novel or finding a job.

*shrug*Still dunno what was banworthy about it.

Have you tried self flagellation? I hear it bears some good results to some, plus it give the back a beatiful carrot red color.

[X] Buy a few article in the shop. That'll keep everyone happy, except for your wallet.

[X] Buy a few article in the shop. That'll keep everyone happy, except for your wallet.

One set of clothing or less. Unless we want to expose our abilities in front of Mamoru and Haruka too?

[X] Buy a few article in the shop. That'll keep everyone happy, except your wallet.

If Zel really doesn't want them I'm sure we can find a way to pass them on to Haruka.

'The purple dresses were really nice. Let's take them and a few other things.'

Zel grins savagely.

Zel has a new spring in her step when the four leave the store. She glance at the two small bags in her hands and start humming jovially. Haruka is close behind, trying hard to decide between mortification and open glee her new clothes.

"You didn't have to do this," Mamoru grumbles, cane clacking on the floor indignantly.

"I didn't." Archer agrees, "but settling things peacefully is best in my opinion. A few shirt is a cheap price for that."

"That doesn't sound like 'a few' to me."

The dozen or so bags hanging off Archer's fingers do make a lot of noise, true. "She went overboard, I suppose. But there's no point complaining about it now, is there?"

Mamoru grunts something about nosy strangers.

Suddenly Zel whirls on him like a tornado of cheerfullness. "Mamoru-san, do you like Italian?"

Just like that the two couples end up eating together.

It turns out Mamoru and Haruka are an actual couple, husband and wife. The Hijikata.

"My family died during the Britannian invasion," Haruka says sadly. "It was tough for a while after that... But then I found Mamoru-san!"

"And then you lived together, fell in love, and married!" Zel throws in dreamily.

Haruka laughs weakly. "It was a little more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it."

Archer raises his glass. "To a successful Hikaru Genji plan."

"I've never heard that one before." Mamoru retorts dryly.

"What about you two!?" Haruka asks quickly. "Are you.. together?"

"Of course!" Zel states loudly, to the annoyance of nearby customers. She puffs out her chest. "We share the closest of bound, united body and soul! Archer is my Lord and Master!"

Heh, funny how her voice increased in volume until every costumers could hear her last words.

No wait, that's not funny at all.

BUt that's far from being the most embarrassing situation he's ever been in. "She begged to be owned," he casually explains. "She was so young and cute at the time, I didn't have the heart to turn her away." Then he returns to his food.

Zel nods innocently, as if completely unaware of her words' effect.

'I don't buy it for a second.'

Her grin only grows larger.

The Hijikata leave after the meal, but not before Haruka invites Zel and Archer to tour Hakone the next day.

Archer shakes his head. "Unfortunately, I have some business to take care of tomorrow."

"The Sakuradite summit?" Mamoru asks.

Archer nods. " I'm just an observer, though."

"You get to see the world's nations fight over the most valuable ressource on the planet. You're a real big shot."

Archer merely shrugs. "That remains to be seen."

Zels hugs Haruka like an old friend while Archer and Mamoru exchange a manly handshake and they part ways.

The rest of the day is uneventful, the most notable point being when three Britannian teenage girls stumbl into the hotel dressed up in yukatas and getas. Literally, in the case of the small dark haired one, who can't manage three steps in the tall sandals without the help of her friends.

You're pretty sure the blond takes the opportunity to fondle her.

"You don't need me tomorrow, do you?" Zel asks once they're back in their room.

"You want to go?" She nods. "Can you? Familiars generally can't stray that far from their masters."

Zel grins fondly and pokes his chest. "My core is always within you, my Lord. As for my projection, its range is virtually unlimited", she assures, slapping her own chest. "The mana cost increases exponantially with distance, though, so I'd suggest you don't challenge an army tomorrow."

[]Let her go. What's the worst that could happen?
[]No. Can't be too careful.

Say it.

What? No, that'd be stupid.

Say it.

I said n-

SAY IT.

Fine, but I'm on the record for this coming back to bite us.

Good boy.

Oh fuck y-

[X]Let her go. What's the worst could happen?

How is Until Death Do Us Part anyway?

[]No. Can't be too careful.

Also, Hijikata Mamoru and Haruka? Where have I-

...UDDUP? Oh, my, goodness. Pity they're just cameos.

[X] Let her go. What's the worst could happen?

[X] Let her go. What's the worst could happen?

We have a history of making our life harder for the sake of others.
Why stop now?

[X]No. Can't be too careful.

Yeah... that army thing... I get the feeling that it shall happen.

I like these odds...

[X]Let her go. What's the worst that could happen?

So, that sounded like Milly, Shirley, and Nina in the lobby. Are we already to the point where the JLF pulls a Terrorist on the hotel?

Canonically, that didn't occur until after Cornelia slaughtered another ghetto to draw out Zero, and if we missed that we must have been living in a cave undergro-

Oh, right.

But anyway, Liam-don can run the time-line however Liam-don wants.

[X]No. She's going to be coming with us to the Sakuradite summit, isn't she?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back