1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Charm Learning Shard (Worm/Exalted) (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Daniel Snuts, Apr 24, 2022.

1. GiantAnteater

GiantAnteater Know what you're doing yet?

Well, let's be real here, Armsmaster would only get rebranded, relocated, and have his legacy destroyed. So, yeah, heavy stuff, but the Triumvirate would know he's innocent pretty much immediately, and take steps to preserve their asset. Not like they wouldn't do the same if he was actually guilty.

2. Dakkah

Dakkah Know what you're doing yet?

Odds are that regardless of what Thinkers or W/E say that they would have to atleast pretend to go over it the old fashioned way, because the ENE department has been not only knocked of their pedestal, but they have been bend over it.

3. Kennethil

Kennethil I trust you know where the happy button is?

Damn, she wasn't kidding. And it took, what, a day?

4. GiantAnteater

It also means that Taylor, Aisha, and Vista all are in full-on ruthless mode. In normal circumstances I could see some of them having doubts about this plan, but after all the shit ENE and Armsmaster in particular pulled in the last couple of weeks, there's just no mercy for him.

It could be that Simmy's just choosing different parallel Earths to orbit in each case, and plays funny tricks on mortals trying to analyze her. Then the equations are actually meaningless trash.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  5. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin Making the rounds.

Yes, well...what makes you all think Aisha is done with him? I suspect this is just her getting started...

6. Malexander

Malexander Apprentice Electromancer (still not in Prague)

Yes clearly this is just a teaser of a preview for the beginning of her revenge.

7. Zxzx24

Zxzx24 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I feel a little bad for beard man.

Not that bad, he was set up for this pretty well. If your going to comidically torment a character you have to make sure that said character did something to deserve it so the audience feels justified.

Karma essentially. And boy howdy does Armsmaster deserve to get his shit pushed in.

It's just not as sweet as it could be when there are still so many targets unmolested...

Like coil. And Taylor.

Undercuts my joy a little bit. Hopefully everyone gets some misery soon.

space turtle and omni001 like this.
  8. ses

ses Experienced.

Uh... I have some news for you on that second one.

9. Zxzx24

*rimshot*

tseptim, space turtle and omni001 like this.
  10. omni001

omni001 Versed in the lewd.

Technically a Master didn't make him do it.

So given how close we are to the Leviathan attack I wonder if this happened congruent with the Bastion scandal?

11. Daniel Snuts

Daniel Snuts Know what you're doing yet?

Ah oops that was a derp on my part, thanks for catching it. It is indeed May.

12. Zxzx24

So you guys think Taylor will manage to snag enough power to make a difference in the endbringer fight?

I think she might theoretically be able to drag one into Cecylene.

Which would probably be a very nice present for the endless sands.

Anybody got any clever ideas?

Edit:
    She needs to join/kidnap new wave. She hasnt even picked up one blaster power. Its tragic.

space turtle and omni001 like this.
  13. GiantAnteater

I wonder what will happen once a piece of the infinite desert gets flooded. Is there anything about this in the Exalted lore or mechanics explanations?

space turtle, omni001 and Zxzx24 like this.
  14. Zxzx24

Cecylene will probably laugh at the idea a mere ocean could overcome her desolation. (If she could laugh)

I'm not sure what else might happen. Probably nothing good?

Manse detonation would be... bad.

15. AppleGrowth

AppleGrowth The story to the name is best left unsaid.

I don’t think Taylor will need to expose more than one charm for Leviathan.

Druggy Dragon has to make an appearance again!

Actually I forgot. How exactly is By Rage Recast used? Like does she need to be high as hell and fighting Lung to use it?

16. Dakkah

Dakkah Know what you're doing yet?

Fairly certain that it was the oath/agreement part she's missing rather than the DD's*.

*Druggy/Double Dragon.

17. tronax

tronax Know what you're doing yet?

Btw, while Armsmaster IS an asshole, but about 90% of bad things attributed to PRT and Protectorate were none of his fault.

There had to be lots of influence from all kinds of PRT executives, some actively malicious (like Coil), but most simply indifferent careerists, who just give no shit who they ruin to maintain their positions. In reality, this last category is usually the largest. And they pretty much never get the deserved retribution. Nobody ever even acknowledges, that they are at fault. It's the figureheads that sometimes suffer for the losses. And it's exactly what happens both in canon and here. Neither Taylor, nor Aisha will go for any of those assholes. They will be peacefully evacuated during Levi attack, and keep happily ruining things in other towns.

18. ses

ses Experienced.

Endbringers are explicitly immune to teleportation and dimensional shifting. I hate when people keep suggesting things will "defeat the Endbringers" that make zero sense. Cauldron would have Doored them the day they showed up otherwise.

Endbringers are immune to being teleported.
    Endbringers are immune to Shaping attacks.
    Endbringers are immune to Master effects.
    Endbringers are immune to literally everything you suggest that isnt Sting or planet destroying amounts of raw damage please stop.

space turtle and Valmit like this.
  19. Earth-Destroyer

Earth-Destroyer Versed in the lewd.

Um thought Aisha power was so good that things like video and pictures also where wiped from peoples thoughts. It why it took Tats years to work around her powers effects.

space turtle, omni001 and Zxzx24 like this.
  20. OldSpartan

OldSpartan I trust you know where the happy button is?

Damn. I don't think this will really stick to Armsmaster in regards to the PRT and Dragon. After he goes through M/S screenings and tells the PRT/Dragon what happened they will likely be pretty quick to pick up that it was an actual Master/Stranger that framed him. But the public isn't going to let this go. Even after the PRT comes out with a statement I don't doubt that there will be doubters. I don't see Armsmaster's rep coming back up unless he does something like kill the S9 or and Endbringer.

21. Paralein

Paralein I trust you know where the happy button is?

Brutally efficient revenge by Aisha, especially considering Armsmaster is all about image.

But given time, there's a decent chance the PRT will figure out the girl in the pictures (or someone nearby) is a Stranger. And then they'd probably have little qualms about targeting her when she's moving about in her civilian identity, considering she targeted Armsmaster's.

Or rather they would figure it out, as they'll probably be busy with other, more urgent matters very soon.

22. Vrenze

Vrenze I trust you know where the happy button is?

This part isn't true per WOG (IIRC) who stated that Behemoth (at least though likely the others) could be killed by Parian alone. Initially it was never elaborated on but after Ward reached the point where it spoke about her "real" power being some form of 'small-matter-kinesis' he stated she could essentially peel Behemoth like a grape.

Unless I interpreted 'shaping' attacks poorly then my apologies but it would still hold up for the overwhelming firepower stance at least. Again, if I recall the WOG correctly.

space turtle and Zxzx24 like this.
  23. Logos01

Logos01 Versed in the lewd.

It's okay. No part of ses's statement is backed by canon or WoG. It's just not true.

The only thing that is backed is a mathematically/physics-ally invalid statement about the doubling toughness of layers and the EB's having more mass than entire galaxies, yet being able to be killed by direct (planet-cracking) force.

Panacea could kill one with a touch. They can be beaten by any toughness-bypassing effects. Their physical bodies can be moved in any way any physical body can be moved (so pushing one through a portal to another dimension, or using Star Trek style transporters would both work just fine, with mass/size/speed caveats accounted for.)

And so on, and so on.

Zxzx24 and Omnomimous like this.
  24. Waterfly

Waterfly I trust you know where the happy button is?

No? While Endbringers like to have their cake and eat it too, they arn't immune as a rule. They can be teleported if the power used don't take things as size, mass and manton limits into account. Like Doormaker's portals. Likewise if you had a shaping power that wasn't maanton limited and could target shardflesh it would be fully able to effect an Endbringer. Master effects don't work largely due to them having a non-standard nervous system and being externally piloted. They aren't immune by virtue of some inherent omni present cheat rather then alien make up that excludes 99%+ of all known master effects from being applicable. Also there are several powers like Shadowstalker's could off endbringers. An example of this would be a team of Othala, Clockblocker and Shadowstalker lead by Coil, abusing his power until an invulnerable clockblocker lands a freeze on an Endbringer letting shadowstalker set up a prefect shot on the core. Likewise if Faultline's power wasn't manton limited she'd be able to one shot endbringers.

space turtle, R.A.G. and Zxzx24 like this.
  25. omni001

omni001 Versed in the lewd.

Endbringers aren't immune to that stuff, they're either just-

a) Too impossibly huge and dense to realistically be moved via powers or-

b) The Shards have a pre-programmed purely arbitrary limitation to ignore Cycle critical assets.

Cecylene is powerful enough she could pull Leviathan into herself if Taylor can lure him into her demense, and isn't a Shard with some kinda arbitrary limitation saying she can't just absorb him.

If I remember correctly the erasing herself from records part of her power is more slow acting.

26. Vrenze

Vrenze I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'm pretty sure people could see Aisha in photos and things but if her Power was a time they would know who they were looking at. I don't think her power had any effect on written or visual recordings. Them breaking into the PRT?Protectorate headquarters was when that came up.

27. Daniel Snuts

Daniel Snuts Know what you're doing yet?

Not true. For example Ziz made a tinkertech weapon that was able to to stab Levi right in the heart and reprogram his not-DNA. She used it to buff him, but the payload could just as easily have been a deadly virus. Chevalier also had a good go at it, and would have succeeded if his weapon had been 'real' instead of held together by a power that stops working in the presence of supermassive objects.

Panacea couldn't, though. Her power would go 'nope, that's not a living thing.' Yes, even if Faultline was right there poking its other foot, her own power going 'nope, that's a living thing.' That's part of the Endbringer haxx (though even without a Manton limit, Faultline's power would be too slow-acting to kill an Endbringer before it could squish her or run away).

This Aisha doesn't - feel free to blame it on her trigger event being slightly different.

'Shaping attack' is a technical term in Exalted, covering things like 'the witch turns you into a frog', 'you shouldn't have looked back, now you're a pillar of salt', etc.

28. Logos01

It's my understanding that the Endbringers are living constructs in the sense that they are functionally made of the same substrate as shards themselves. They don't have Earth-like biology, but they're basically independently operating Shards designed by Eden as Cycle-managing tools because she tended to focus on "wide area" or "command and control" type powers for her shards. Things like Nilbog and Taylor and the Machine Army are dramatically more likely to occur under natural Eden triggers, in other words: so the Conflict Engines exist to curate that and give such shards challenging targets.

Which would mean that since Amy's power doesn't restrict itself to Earth-like biology, she should be able to affect an Endbringer directly.

But. Even if she couldn't affect it directly, she definitely could with contact with one -- or more precisely with some microbe, virus, or prion that was in contact with one -- engineer an infection that would kill an Endbringer dead. (This is also true of skyscrapers, battle tanks, and forcefields, mind you: an Endbringer being non-living is not an obstacle to her ability to see it reduced to its constituent basic particles.). And given her canonical ability to reverse the face-blindness prion Bonesaw made -- and how quickly she did do -- the "with a touch" clause mostly still applies here.

29. TapTwice2

TapTwice2 Making the rounds.

Hmm, my gut says that the outer layers arean't living tissue at all. Of any kind. They are more like the ablative armouring of bugs.

If she touched the core though? then maybe I can see her directly connecting to the TRUE living mass of the endbringer psuedo shard network.

Whether or not she could affect entire worlds worth of biology fast enough to not die to either the endbringer or it's gravity well. who knows.

It'd be much easier to just get doormaker to port her hand to touch the shard network of the endbringer directly and work from there. The endbringer mass projection is too hard of a target.

30. Logos01

Oh, make no mistake. The hardest part of killing the Endbringers is both getting them to not fight back effectively while you do it and surviving the act.

Especially as they wouldn't be sandbagging during the deed.

Otherwise Shadow Stalker would be the newest member of the Quadrumvirate.