• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
It's a refreshing perspective. Even if reading it is horrible.
But her mind is freaking broken and it exactly like cannon, but where she played with the undersiders to color her judgment here it's the 88. Where she keeps going deeper and deeper.

Given how the rest of this fic has gone i give it even odds that Taylor starts mastering her with Souls Price and either has her join her more secret group or has her join the Empire because "it's what would be best for her"

???
They are being portrayed as heroic neighborhood watch vigilantes constantly under attack by murderous minorities and misrepresented in the media.

I agree a lot of worm fanfics flanderize the nazis into pure evil, but this goes all the way in the opposite direction into making them borderline heroic. There is a middle ground where you can show them as people and still show they do horrible shit, plenty of fics achieve this.

I haven't really seen them portrayed as heroic vigilantes? Do you consider them to be so? They are just a well organized gang that looks after their own, weird that you think otherwise.
Are you saying that you want constant wasteful interludes , that detract from the storyline, of them terrorizing people ? You can easily go find some gore online if your into that.

Remember this is Worm, like 40k ,the bar ain't that high, its probably underground actually.
——————————

When you watched the movie "The God Father" did you claim they were heroic vigilantes because there wasn't 20hrs of bonus film documenting all their deeds historically of the family and that are happening in the background instead of just focusing on the narrative of the main character.

Last edited:
This truly is the fic that keeps on giving on the most weird and strange ways possible.

I'm not even gonna comment on the whole nazi issue except to say Taylor is being seriously radicalized over time though since she does not really care about her IDs that much it remains to be seen what she is gonna do in the future. More madness will happen.

My main take away from the whole mess is not that the nazis are right, but rather that everybody on this horrible city is truly horrible. The way her thinker abilities work and Taylor's exposition to worse and worse conditions and actions is probably just removing all her positive outlooks in life, and when that process is complete things are gonna get even crazier when her morals just go extinct. And I'm gonna be along for this ride because this truly is an magnificent trainwreck.

I haven't really seen them portrayed as heroic vigilantes? Do you consider them to be so? They are just a well organized gang that looks after their own, weird that you think otherwise.
Don't you remember Taylor going to the Library and looking at past crimes? And the only one she didn't call fake/justified being a drive by shooting.

Pretty sure there's 4 groups of readers.
1: People waiting for the thread to implode hate watching it.
2: People who think it's good despite thinking it's/it being Nazi Propogander
3: People who don't care or are pro-Nazi.
4: Admins annoyed about the thread being massed flagged and having to check just in case it's justified.

Don't you remember Taylor going to the Library and looking at past crimes? And the only one she didn't call fake/justified being a drive by shooting.
Don't forget the drive by shooting turned out to be done by a black dude and just got reported as an Empire hit before the police caught him with no correction ever being printed.

Given how the rest of this fic has gone i give it even odds that Taylor starts mastering her with Souls Price and either has her join her more secret group or has her join the Empire because "it's what would be best for her"

???
They are being portrayed as heroic neighborhood watch vigilantes constantly under attack by murderous minorities and misrepresented in the media.

I agree a lot of worm fanfics flanderize the nazis into pure evil, but this goes all the way in the opposite direction into making them borderline heroic. There is a middle ground where you can show them as people and still show they do horrible shit, plenty of fics achieve this.
People are enjoying the fic and are willing to pretend it isn't pro-nazi because it's good writing, and they don't want to have to confront that.

But yeah, we have a white supremacist gang that doesn't commit hate crimes, supposed constantly misrepresented Empire actions independently corroborated (by which I mean Taylor went out and checked newspaper records that show in-universe that they're being misrepresented), and are apparently a bunch of perfectly fine people who just make un-PC jokes and defend white people from rapists.

Like, to everyone reading this, it's fine if you're enjoying the story in spite of this. It's well-written! It's an interesting premise! But it is very definitely whitewashing the literal nazi gang extremely hard and attempting to justify them in-universe, above and beyond the natural course of someone getting indoctrinated by constant exposure to nonsense racist views without the opportunity to refute them. You can enjoy something without pretending it's something it's not.

That's a shame. It was a great plan. Also more arm chair philosophy... my favorite. Why do you continue to torture us like this? Fun stuff could be happening! Like the thing with Vista!

This has already been brought up probably, but I dont think all encompassing sorcerers sight let's you observe things you cant see normally? But she has been able to see tinkertech through walls and other bullshit for pretty much the entire story.

In spite of all encompassing sorcerers sight explicitly stating it doesnt void even mundane obfuscation.

Never mind supernatural disguises. Closest approximation would be the Radiolari I suppose? From terrestrial compass east. Cant quite recall if they were possible to dissect with sorcerers sight or not.

Which means her charm isnt actually all encompassing sorcerers sight. Or at least not just that. Since Snuts has been pretty on the ball I doubt he overlooked that.

I think one of the things that makes this great is that it really is trodding new ground in the "Taylor's Worm playthrough" genre, especially with the Nazis being portrayed as actual people with real dialogue and in story consequences and not flanderizations. I never really know what I'm gonna read, I've read like every other version of Taylor at this point, it's just really novel.
Name one objectionable thing they did in the story.

Aside from some off color jokes anyway.

Compare it to the mountain of good deeds they've commited. Even when we have to drag the story to a screeching halt for it.

Are you saying that you want constant wasteful interludes , that detract from the storyline, of them terrorizing people ? You can easily go find some gore online if your into that.

Remember this is Worm, like 40k ,the bar ain't that high, its probably underground actually.
They are heroic vigilantes. And they are straight up being portrayed as such.

Which would be less funny? Annoying?

Listen. Literally everyone in this fic sucks. Taylor sucks. Coil sucks. Poor people suck. Rich people suck. Capes suck.

That Snuts breaks the "everybody is an asshole" train to lavish Hitler's cock shows the message he wants to communicate very clearly.

Name one objectionable thing they did in the story.

Aside from some off color jokes anyway.

Compare it to the mountain of good deeds they've commited. Even when we have to drag the story to a screeching halt for it.

What exactly do you think "blockbusting" consists of? The fact that the E88 patrols their territory tightly enough that all minorities except gangs looking for a fight know to stay out of half the city does not make them heroic vigilantes, it just means that they take a slow and steady approach to territory rather than attacking across the city simultaneously, likely due to having a police no-go zone. What do you think is going to happen to the people living in former ABB territory?

Or if that's how the game is played, you understand that Madagascar is lovely this time of year, and far too sparsely populated.

I just love that you've mentioned that.

A bit of history for all interested - in 1937, the Polish government commissioned a task force to examine the possibility of buying Madagascar and re-settling Polish Jews there. Nazis were also entertaining this destination but in the end, they decided on a somewhat different (final) solution.

What exactly do you think "blockbusting" consists of? The fact that the E88 patrols their territory tightly enough that all minorities except gangs looking for a fight know to stay out of half the city does not make them heroic vigilantes, it just means that they take a slow and steady approach to territory rather than attacking across the city simultaneously, likely due to having a police no-go zone. What do you think is going to happen to the people living in former ABB territory?
The story has described them as simply having people move in and then refusing to sell to anyone who isn't white. Despite spending the overwhelming majority of its runtime in a nazi gang, there has been literally zero portrayals of any actual hate crimes, or anything that would justify such a cautious attitude.

That minorities fear to tread in Empire territory has gone well past the point of indicating that this reputation is being maintained out of sight in the background, and into the realm of an actual plot hole. It hasn't come up because the author doesn't want to portray the nazis as being in the wrong; I'm morbidly curious to see if a justification will ever show up in story.

And at the end of the day, even if a believable explanation is found - the story shows what the author dictates. The author is dictating that the nazis are at all times portrayed in the best possible light. I genuinely can't see another conclusion to reach, beyond the obvious.

Listen. I'm sure it will be revealed that all the minorities living in former ABB territory will actually be very grateful for the empires presence! Running out the drug dealers, prostitution rings, and kidnapping circles to establish nice friendly white neighborhoods that benefit them by increasing buisness and property values!

And that any crimes. Hateful or otherwise. Will be revealed to have been caused by black merchants or the government. As has been well and repeatedly established.

Or more likely the PRT. Given how desperately they need a PR win and how retarded they are.

Cmon. Your fooling yourself.

The story has described them as simply having people move in and then refusing to sell to anyone who isn't white. Despite spending the overwhelming majority of its runtime in a nazi gang, there has been literally zero portrayals of any actual hate crimes, or anything that would justify such a cautious attitude.

"Indeed. And since no one wants to live in a slum, not even blacks, this process would repeat over and over, gradually destroying large sections of our previously fair cities as they sought to escape the inevitable results of their own dysfunction. What we do when seeking to expand our territory is simply the reverse. A handful of our own people moving into a block is enough for people to get the hint."

That's absolutely not what was described. What was described was moving people in and ensuring that they "got the hint". Maybe the majority will get the hint without violence. What do you think happens to those slow on the uptake? Also Taylor at one point literally shoos off a clueless tourist specifically because Rune would have just pelted him with rocks.

"That's one nigger that's never sticking his nose inside our borders again," you - entirely truthfully - tell Rune when you catch up with her.

"Nice job," she says, offering you a high five as Fenrir jumps up onto her rock.

"No Low Key how could you commit a real hate crime against someone not committing a crime first? That's completely unexpected and outside my expectations of what we usually do! I'm very shocked and upset at your violence and don't consider it in line with our norms"

Last edited:
That's absolutely not what was described. What was described was moving people in and ensuring that they "got the hint". Also Taylor at one point literally shoos off a clueless tourist specifically because Rune would have just pelted him with rocks.
That's honestly just more evidence of nazis being the good guys.

If a hero happened across Taylor being somewhere unsafe...

Well we saw what a hero did when they happened across Taylor.

Then we saw what those low down dirty non white people did when someone was not where they were supposed to be.

You know it's not her luck, right? To her it actually was bad, as was pretty much all else in life. It was the other people who benefited.
If... If Jack Slash actually just triggered Gold Morning and she didn't have any powers, she'd just be dead alongside everyone else. The fact that she's alive is still very much fortunate. Hell, she got to be with her mother again too, and save the world like she originally wanted to as well.

ses also your forgetting that hate crimes are actually just false flag operations conducted by black people to try and get money or sympathy. Not something the empire actually does.

Well the government too probably.

That's absolutely not what was described. What was described was moving people in and ensuring that they "got the hint". Maybe the majority will get the hint without violence. What do you think happens to those slow on the uptake? Also Taylor at one point literally shoos off a clueless tourist specifically because Rune would have just pelted him with rocks.
IIRC the previous paragraph or so described the process much as I did, hence "What we do when seeking to expand our territory is simply the reverse" being exactly that.

You're finding plausible implications that aren't actually written in the text. While it's perfectly reasonable to read it that way, combined with everything else - most notably the complete lack of hate crimes witnessed by the main character completely submerged in this organisation, and a bunch of in-universe justification for how the nazi gang is Great Actually - I can frankly only see it as plausible deniability on the author's part.

Like, I want to be clear - individual possible generous interpretations here and there do not make up for the overwhelming portrayal as a whole, and read to me more as cover for the wider picture than actually portraying them as in the wrong.

(Lest I be misunderstood through text, I am explicitly not accusing you, as a reader, of anything here.)

IIRC the previous paragraph or so described the process much as I did, hence "What we do when seeking to expand our territory is simply the reverse" being exactly that.

This is factually inaccurate, you claimed that blockbusting is a gentlemans agreement not to sell to blacks. The phrase "We do the same in reverse" is modifying the statement "Once the block is busted open everybody flees". There's no way to read the excerpt any other way. It's fairly plain English. It's not an implication that's just straight up what he's saying. There's no way in English to interpret the "same in reverse" clause as modifying any other part of his dialogue.

This is factually inaccurate, you claimed that blockbusting is a gentlemans agreement not to sell to blacks. The phrase "We do the same in reverse" is modifying the statement "Once the block is busted open everybody flees". There's no way to read the excerpt any other way. It's fairly plain English. It's not an implication that's just straight up what he's saying. There's no way in English to interpret the "same in reverse" clause as modifying any other part of his dialogue.
Is buying property a hate crime?

It doesnt seem like that would be the case to me, but what do I know.

I have a feeling it won't be Levi-chan this time. There's another Endbringer with a personal interest in the city, in this story.

The Legendary Grabbler King as was foretold in the ancient scripts/ramblings? Would fit for this fic I guess, if done in a semi believable way for this AU . Maybe one of Blasto's experiments coopted by the Simurgh or something.

Last edited:
Question, how much of the exact wording of a soul price is determined by Know The Soul's Price interpreting the desire of its target into words and how much is determined by the thoughts of its target?

Basically was "Vista wants Gallant-sempai to notice her" just author humor or is Vista secretly a weaboo?

If... If Jack Slash actually just triggered Gold Morning and she didn't have any powers, she'd just be dead alongside everyone else. The fact that she's alive is still very much fortunate. Hell, she got to be with her mother again too, and save the world like she originally wanted to as well.

99% of people who read worm, forget that parahumans were not the only heroes of the story. I kind of get why, it's tough for humans to take other things as equal in terms of agency. No matter how we try to convince ourselves otherwise, considering other lifeforms requires conscious effort. Most people don't do it.

In canon Worm, shards had much more agency than parahumans. They literally nudged their humans wherever they wanted. Look at Aisha Vs Jack for reference. AND they very much had the means to interact with each other to get what they wanted. Hint: they wanted to overthrow Scion.

A lot of what happened on the scenes essentially was a puppet show. Shards had other ways to overthrow Scion, if pawn-Taylor failed. They could delay Golden Morning, raise a different disposable champion and get the same result. Pawn-Aegis was the next best choice according to author, btw.

So, no, her powers were a shit luck thing, not a good luck thing.

The Legendary Grabbler King as was foretold in the ancient scripts/ramblings? Would fit for this fic I guess, if done in a semi believable way for this AU . Maybe one of Blasto's experiments coopted by the Simurgh or something.
What? No.

Ziz has gone out of her way to directly communicate with Taylor multiple times, and the feather she gave Taylor was used in making a proof-of-concept weapon that can actually harm Endbringers.

99% of people who read worm, forget that parahumans were not the only heroes of the story. I kind of get why, it's tough for humans to take other things as equal in terms of agency. No matter how we try to convince ourselves otherwise, considering other lifeforms requires conscious effort. Most people don't do it.

In canon Worm, shards had much more agency than parahumans. They literally nudged their humans wherever they wanted. Look at Aisha Vs Jack for reference. AND they very much had the means to interact with each other to get what they wanted. Hint: they wanted to overthrow Scion.

A lot of what happened on the scenes essentially was a puppet show. Shards had other ways to overthrow Scion, if pawn-Taylor failed. They could delay Golden Morning, raise a different disposable champion and get the same result. Pawn-Aegis was the next best choice according to author, btw.

So, no, her powers were a shit luck thing, not a good luck thing.
The heck makes aegis a good pick? His power sucks doesnt it?

That Snuts breaks the "everybody is an asshole" train to lavish Hitler's cock shows the message he wants to communicate very clearly.

Yes, and if you stop reading Dune after the invasion by the Harkonens, Dune is the story of how evil wins by suborning Imperial Conditioning. If you quit reading Stranger in a Strange Land after Jubal's property is invaded by Special Service Troops you'd believe that the story is how introducing an innocent to sex kills everyone in the family. If you stopped reading the The Lion, the Witch and The Wardrobe at the death of Aslan on the stone table you'd believe it to be a story of how a traitor gets away with their selfish crimes. If you quit reading Worm after the meeting with Dragon and Defiant at Arcadia you'd think that the story ends in a very very different way than it actually does. Ditto if you stopped reading Pact after the trip to Toronto. Are you getting what I'm trying to say yet?

The story is not even half finished yet! Can you kindly allow the author to tell their story before we start hacking him up for lunch? Maybe he didn't reflexively genuflect hard enough or often enough in the direction of Jerusalem to beg for mercy before each chapter to suit you, but can we please at least let him finish before condemning him? Who knows it could be that by the time he actually finishes the story he's telling you might decide that killing him is unnecessary? That it might be possible to give more than a faint praise without damning him?

Jesus wept, people. Some of you would have caused Worm itself to die stillborn the way you carry on.

???

But... why seek a middle ground in a story that is explicitly advertised in the first paragraph as "grimderp"? That makes no sense, Nice Guy National Socialists add more flavor to the story than photorealistic textbook White Nationalists.

The heck makes aegis a good pick? His power sucks doesnt it?

I assume without hunting down the author's original comments that he would have done something with Aegis' infinite adaptability to have his shard evolve him enough to be able to either communicate or take him over the way that Taylor requested the polarities be flipped between herself and her shard. Not sure how the whole Queen Administrator aspect would have played there and then but that's how I figured it.

A lot of what happened on the scenes essentially was a puppet show. Shards had other ways to overthrow Scion, if pawn-Taylor failed.
That may very well be true, but did Taylor have other alternatives if pawn-Taylor failed? Would she have had other alternatives if she didn't have powers? Scion nuked half of Earth Bet if I recall correctly (and GB in every single alternate dimension). If she triggered with anything else, well, 1800 capes died in direct conflict against Scion, she could've easily been part of that. I'd agree with D-Tier Luck, because things could have gone better, but to say she got completely fucked with her power and circumstances ignores how many people died in GM. Hell, you could argue that, given how half of Bet was gone, she's above the 50% cut at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back