1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Conflicting Light (A FFTA RP)

Discussion in 'PbP OOC' started by Metraxa, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WanderingEye

WanderingEye Check me out! I'm a talking skull!

Dammit I'm late
    can I still join this?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Metraxa

Metraxa Well worn.

Well, I had intended it to meant the specific abilities in the skillset of a job, but if someone makes a convincing case I could be persuaded otherwise.

Yes.

Ddmkm122, Mokou and Bandresnatch like this.
  3. WanderingEye

I'm considering using my avatar but...
    I'll use an OC instead.
    Name: Mirvak
    Species: Bangaa
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Personality: Excitable, loves to fight, loyal to his companions.
    Bio:
    "Hmm my ssstory you sssay? I'm once jussst a sssimple Bangaa living on Ul'dah, a sssimple warrior who livesss by the way of sssword."
    "No, not like that I'm an entertainer, in Ul'dah an entertainer meansss you are one of the fightersss who participated on variousss challengesss held on weekly."
    "Itsss wasss a good life but I admit I get bored pretty quickly."
    "I heard that a small Clan was passing by ssso I approached them and sssaid that I would like to join them."
    "They rejected me outright, sssaid they didn't need another member."
    "Ssso I ssstarted a fight right there on the pub."
    "It wasss not my greatessst moment, I sssufferred let me think, I wasss burned, frozen, ssskewered, punched on several placesss and worssse sssomeone puked on me."
    "When I woke up I wasss on the jail, ssstayed there for a week before they finally let me out."
    "They sssaid to me that my Clan Leader isss waiting for me at the Pub and I ssshould not attempt to fight on the pub again."
    "Turnsss out it wasss the clan I fought with, they were on the job and I provided quite a dissstraction for them."
    "They offered me a ssspot which I gladly accept."
    "There'sss only sssix of usss ssseven with me, Weissss isss the Clan Leader, she is a Nu Mou Alchemist, Horka a Bangaa Templar, Neira a Hume Hunter, Sssofia is an Elementalissst, Artez is a Juggler and lassstly Barzak a Dragoon.
    "Long ssstory ssshort I ssstayed with them for 7 yearsss, learned how to punch people real good from Horka wasss going to try how to be a Dragoon when we...have our disssagreementsss."
    "All of usss went ssseparate waysss, I ssstill keep tabsss on them."
    "I went back to Ul'dah for a year before I got bored and wandered away."
    "Here I am again about to join a clan."
    "Hopefully this one will be better than the lassst time."
    Job: White Monk
    Skills: Battle Tech (First Aid, Magicbreak, Speedbreak) , Monk Tech (Air Render, Earth Render, Chakra, Revive, Whirlwind, Exorcise, Far Fist, Holy Sign)
    Reaction: Reflex
    Weapon: Kaiser Knuckles
    Other: Feels lost without his friends, loves to cook.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Priapus

Priapus Engorged member

This I approve of.

Getting stuck against fundead without someone capable of this is a royal pain in the hindquarters.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. WanderingEye

Flashback of constantly resurrecting undead.
    Yup will take it no matter what.

Ddmkm122 and Priapus like this.
  6. Metraxa

Metraxa Well worn.

Okay, after going through and relooking at the actual game, I have thus realized how much of a dunce I have been. Specifically, making you choose individual skills when the game never actually does that. So, in light of my recent embarrassing discovery, you may have the skillset of two jobs, as well as the skill subsets within those jobs. Try to not go overboard with this stuff if you can help it.

7. Mokou

Mokou Muse in charge! Moderator

Is my use of the Sorcerer class, and its job-skill 'All Magics' alright? Or should I be looking for something else to represent someone who filled a library with her magical research notes?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Metraxa

Metraxa Well worn.

I would be willing to allow 'Magicks', but you'd be restricted to only having the first tier of spells for now, and they won't be as powerful as someone who specialized in purely Black or White. At least, that's how I'm currently leaning.

Though I'm also having the thought of YC trying to melee someone with an encyclopedia, so thanks for that.

Accepted

Accepted

9. Threadmarks: Character Sheet: Illya Emiya
    Itaywex

Itaywex Hentai tenshi

Well, I kind of got the OK already, but I'm going to post it here anyway.

Name: Illya Emiya
    Species: Human
    Series: Nasuverse
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Wait, no, no, she looks like that:
    [​IMG]

Personality:
    Illya is normally a cheerful and she doesn't tend to be serious. While she is a self proclaimed hero that often fights to save other people, she does think of herself first and won't always make sacrifices for other people.

She wants to be a hero, but she knows where that path will eventually lead her, so instead of giving her all to save others she puts her own well-being an happiness first and doing the hero job second.

Bio:
    The only daughter of Kiritsugu Emiya. She won the 5th holy grail war and lived her life as a hero of justice. She has already made a pact with the world, and in an unforeseen turn of events she was transported to Eorzea.

Job: Counter guardian
    Skills:
    1. Magecraft:
    - Projection (create weapons)
    - Analysis (analyze objects, giving both Intel on the enemy and allows them to be projected)

2. Enchantment combat:
    - Reinforcement (increase Illya's physical stats or the durability of objects)
    - Enchantment activation (use the special ability of a weapon or defensive armament she projected. Things like elemental enchantments, anti magic, curses).

Weapon:
    Due to ability to summon weapons she possesses every type of weapons except guns and magical staves.

Other:
    She does have a limit on the amount of mana she has, which will eventually prevent her from using her magic in long engagements.

10. Mokou

Mokou Muse in charge! Moderator

Well, a few of her attacks in the fighting games are literally that... .

Ddmkm122, Crow and Itaywex like this.
  11. Bandresnatch

Bandresnatch Unlimited Song Works

There I sent Metraxa some Heart Tumor.

Ddmkm122, Nanimani and Xehanort like this.
  12. Xehanort

Xehanort The OG Mansex

Can you send me too? We need to be on the same wavelength.

Ddmkm122, Nanimani and Bandresnatch like this.
  13. Threadmarks: Character Sheet: Noi
    Nanimani

Nanimani Listening to music

Might as well post this, no?
    Name: Noi
    Species: Viera
    Series: Final Fantasy
    [​IMG]
    Except, y-know... With a bow.
    Frankly, having amnesia affects one's actions rather heavily. She doesn't really have any goals right now, other than to regain her memories. And she's quite likely to latch onto anyone she feels she can really connect with. Woe betide those who'd hurt someone she grows to care about.

It hasn't affected her sense of justice, though. If something isn't fair, then it can't be allowed to continue. She's the kind of person that'd take a job pro bono if she really thought they couldn't afford to pay. Though if they weren't obvious about it, they'd probably have to approach her. She's rather shy, and initiating social contact with strangers isn't really something she'd do normally.
    Raised in a traditional forest village of the viera, Noi was at home in the trees practically from birth, more comfortable relaxing in the canopy at ten than most adventurers ever become. Her days were split between learning standard school things, how to hear the forest, and, once she was old enough, regular Viera training in defending the forest. She, personally, liked using the bow, and got very good at it very quickly, advancing to Sniper, then Assassin. Not exactly a prodigy, but definitely better than most. Still, she felt at home in the forest, she was good with a bow, but...

Why was it that she felt as she did when she went into town for supplies? The air was dirty compared to the forest, there were so many people it made her uneasy, but... Still, it was exciting. The first time she came in, she spent a lot more time than necessary just... taking it in. Before that, she'd spent most of her free time in the upper canopy, playing with her flute in time to the voice of the forest or reading a book. After? She started exploring past the forest, into the surrounding area. None felt so right, but all felt new, and that was a thrill.

So, she left the village, to see more. There was no angry words, no arguments. This wasn't exactly a rare occurrence, after all. Young viera leave to journey outside the forest fairly often; it's a large reason why there are a decent number of viera in society and why forest viera villages are so small. Exploring the world was nice, and eventually she decided to join a Guild. But unfortunately, an accident happened. On the day people from another world arrived an the city she was visiting, the magical energy of their passing affected her. The unconsciousness was temporart; the amnesia was much less so.

Of course, this is all backstory. In truth, she was created a few months ago, when Mewt made the world. Converting citizens to inhabitants only does so much, after all. Ivalice was not a very large town, and doesn't have enough citizens to fill continents. So those like Noi were created, background NPCs in another land to make the prince's world more real, even if it wasn't. Of course, as a part of this fantasy world, she's a fantasy herself, and doomed to fade away. Even if Mewt doesn't end it himself, it'll end when he dies, and that'd be long before she'd die of old age as a Viera.
    Job: Assassin
    Skills: Sharpshoot, (Doubleshot, Beso Toxico, Death Sickle, Conceal) Corner (Shadowbind, Last Breath, Aphonia, Nightmare, Oblivion)
    Weapon: Windslash Bow
    Other: Plays the flute rather well.

Can hear the voices of sufficiently plantlife-filled areas.

Has developed a fondness for ice cream, not produced in the forest she was raised.

Ddmkm122, Crow, Bandresnatch and 3 others like this.
  14. Deathclaw 2015

Deathclaw 2015 Master Xehanort

Me too.

Ddmkm122 and Bandresnatch like this.
  15. Priapus

Priapus Engorged member

Noi, to whoever is trying to go home: "Please don't wake up. I don't want to die."

Ddmkm122, Xehanort and Nanimani like this.
  16. Nanimani

Heheheh~

17. WanderingEye

I feel so underpowered already :p
    anyway I think we have everything we need except healers.

18. BlackHadou

BlackHadou A Resting Bui

Oh god damn it. There goes the plot I was going to use. Not as effective with Noi present.

Ah well, moving down the list time.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. Metraxa

Metraxa Well worn.

I do not see any Heart Tumors anywhere. Also, final boss confirmed as Bandresnatch and Deathclaw 2015

20. Threadmarks: Character Sheet: Ansem
    Bandresnatch

Hey, you're missing an 'X' there, Nani. :V

Might as well join the Bandwagon.

Name: Ansem, Seeker of Darkness
    Species: 'Humes' (Looks like one)
    Series: Kingdom Hearts
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Personality: Ansem is a creature of darkness that lacks a heart. Essentially, he is a heartless man that would take advantage of others to further his own goals. At the core of his very being, Ansem is a scientist. He reveres knowledge and power above all else, and absolutely loathes ignorance. However, his pride and obsession with Darkness blind him from accepting any 'truths' other than the ones he had created for himself.
    Bio: Where do I even begin on this guy?

Let's just go with the shortest version possible and get this over with.

There was once an old Keyblade Master by the name of Xehanort, who had an obsession with Darkness. In order to achieve his dream of reaching Kingdom Hearts, Keyblade Master Xehanort hatched out a grand and convoluted scheme that would engulfed multiple Worlds. However, the old Master was still a man, his life was coming to a close. So in an effort to carry out his plans and live to the end of it, old Xehanort sought out a younger body to host his Heart. With that phrase of the plan completed, Xehanort's scheme was coming to fruition.

Some time has passed, and Xehanort was ready to carry the next stage of his grand plan. Plunging his Keyblade into his self, this process created the Heartless Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, and the Nobody (the shell that is left behind when a Heart is turned to Darkness) Xemnas. Each incarnation of Xehanort would went their separate ways and carried on Xehanort's will. To gather Thirteen Darkness and Seven Light, and then have clashed with each other to forge the X-Blade, a way to Kingdom Hearts.

The Heartless Ansem sieged multiple worlds with his army of Heartless. Worlds were lost in Darkness, hearts were harvested for Xehanort's wish. The futures of the worlds were bleak, darkness was as far as the eyes can see. That is, until a young Keyblade wielder and his friends stopped Ansem on his track.

On the climax of their final battle, the Gate to Kingdom Hearts revealed itself to the Keyblade wielder and Seeker of Darkness. Confident that Kingdom Hearts was Darkness itself, Ansem reached out to it, praying for its power. However, instead of glorious Darkness, Light poured out of the Gate, seemingly destroying the Heartless Ansem.

However, something happened, and now the Seeker of Darkness has ended up on Eorzea. Well, this wasn't part of the plan, but it can be salvaged. All Ansem needed was time and hope.
    Job: Seeker of Darkness

Skills:
    1) Xehanort's Guardian (Extremely weakened) - What once a fearsome, muscular shadow entity, it is now reduced to just a pair of arms and a head. Every time Ansem attacks something, the Guardian will follow suit and attack Ansem's target. It has lost much of its abilities and is now reduced to a third-rate follow up act.

2) Power of Darkness - Ansem is able to shape and manipulate darkness to attack his enemies or use the Corridor of Darkness. The ability to steal others' Hearts has been sealed by a force beyond the Seeker's imagination.

• Corridors of Darkness - The pathway that connect various worlds together. It is a dangerous path that would turn the weak-minded or unprotected into the Darkness. Due to the Powers That Be, Ansem's Corridors are limited to the world that he is on and the range is greatly shortened. Basically, this is Ansem's very own teleportation spell.
    • Disk of Darkness - A thin, sharp disk of darkness that is thrown at an enemy to deal damage. It functions as a single target spell.

Weapon: Soul Eater - A falchion-esque sword, with a red, purple and blue blade shaped like a demonic wing. Its handle bears an eye of darkness, and the handle itself consists of dark braids. It grants the abilities: Striker, Grand Slam, and Critical Boost

Other: Should both Xemnas and Ansem die, they will recombine into Terranort who will be controlled by Bandresnatch and Xehanort.

21. Nanimani

Wasn't it Bandresnatch and Xehanort?

Ddmkm122 and Bandresnatch like this.
  22. Bandresnatch

Takoe hasn't finished up his sheet.

He should be waking up or sleeping right now.

Ddmkm122, Xehanort and Nanimani like this.
  23. Metraxa

Metraxa Well worn.

We are all Xehanort.

24. Bandresnatch

Archerko is already on her way there. And it's just a matter of time for Noi.

Ddmkm122 and Nanimani like this.
  25. Itaywex

Itaywex Hentai tenshi

What?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  26. Nanimani

To being a Xehanort.

27. Bandresnatch

The four telltale signs of a Xehanort are 1) Silver hair, 2) Tanned skin, 3) Amber-colored eyes, and 4) Pointy ears.

Ddmkm122 and Nanimani like this.
  28. Xehanort

Xehanort The OG Mansex

Yes I was. I'll try and finish it today.

Ddmkm122, Nanimani and Bandresnatch like this.
  29. Itaywex

Itaywex Hentai tenshi

Alright...

What's a Xehanort?

Ddmkm122, Priapus and Bandresnatch like this.
  30. Xehanort

Xehanort The OG Mansex

The antagonist of the Kingdom Hearts series who makes some seriously convoluted plans, even for a square enix antagonist.
    Each of his 13 incarnations is extremely hammy and has some sort of weird fixation, usually on DARKNESS! or NOTHINGNESS! or KINGDOM HEARTS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.