• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

The moment i realize that she had rabbit summons, the first think I thought of was Hinata in this scene.

28h3drb.png

dawww
Excuse me I need to get a Epipen with insulin here..

And well Ryo-ohki. would have meant Hinata with a spaceship and lasers. That is a ride that would even impress her parents.

And I am not saying no to a bit of clampification here after all we already got Neji.

You know, I'm surprised Lupin isn't scheming to get in contact with Bugs Bunny and see if Bugs can give him a ride back to his world or time to find out if his friends are okay.

Or develop a personal hobby of time-space stuff for, well, exactly that. It's got to seem like a window of hope and he does not sound he he's at peace with what's happened. Accepted, maybe, but sullen and ready to jump on opportunity, knock her out and tie her down as soon as she presents herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was half-expecting a bunny rabbit with a watch and a vestwaistcoat-pocket.

>Almost sickeningly so. Er, let the voice of experience guide you on this, don't laugh at it. It'll probably suck you into that gem on its forehead or something if you do.
[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeZoC-Y0KRc[/embed]
Vindictus said:
And here I was hoping that Hinata-chan would be able to show off her hidden Mama-Bear side... T_T

Seriously though, that was good. Rabbits are a pretty good fit for Canon!Young!Hinata, and she hasn't deviated that much so far.
You know how it goes with rabbits, though. Sometimes the predator gets them... and sometimes they kick out and break the predator's neck.
uju32 said:
Or maybe his woman-dar is just that good.
He is the uncrowned Master of Disguise after all;if anyone could see through it....
I could totally see Lupin as being more attracted to pretty in general than women specifically.

[X] Remember, you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine

Some consequences can be planned for. Others can escape one's sight entirely until it's too late.

Akimichi Chouji is not visibly winded, injured or even particularly dirty. He is, however, noticeably exhausted; he appears to be having difficulty staying on his feet.

"Like I keep telling you," the boy says in exhasperation, "my team isn't with me because we already came through here three days ago! You took our scrolls, remember?"

"If that's true, what were you doing back out in the Forest?" one of the proctors demands.

Chouji turns red. "I already said! I went for a walk!"

You consider this as you pass by at the back of the crowd. True, your intelligence on the Akimichi heir suggests he's gotten to this point in the exams only by virtue of his friendship with her, but neither she nor the boy's teammates are anywhere in sight. This requires further thought and investigation.

It is only hours later, when the hall has cleared and Akimichi Chouji is in bed along with most of the rest of the tower, that you return, and scour the area.

At first nothing appears to be out of place, and you worry someone will come by and ask what you're doing before you've found what you're looking for. But then, by the door, you see it.

A single strand of horsehair. Rust-coloured, and long.

You frown.

Assessment revised.

You pick up the hair with a set of tweezers and seal it in a small bag, then head back to your room to share your discovery with your teammates.

You are an instrument of Kirigakure's will, Zabuza-sama's right hand, and a loyal friend to Taketori-chan and Suigetsu-kun. You will not permit Konoha to get the drop on any of them.

Though you have to admit, you're really glad it isn't your turn to practice crossplaying. This village does have a reputation, after all.

=

The Hokage himself shows up to wish you all luck and give a lecture on the true nature of the chuunin exams.

It's kind of elegant, isn't it? Limiting the bloodshed to volunteers in a sporting event.

... sure. Let's go with 'elegant'.

You pout in your head. You fought people to the death when you were a teenager too.

That's different! I was a marked man after Grandpère died.

Yeah, 'cause no one wants to kill the future leader of the mind-reading clan before she grows up to jack all their stuff. C'mon, you know people are always gonna be after us. You grin. And we're gonna be ready for 'em. Today and tomorrow and the next day.

Lupin is about to reply when the first match comes up on the computer:

Akimichi Chouji vs. Kaguya Taketori

The words are barely out of Genma's mouth before the bad boy blond raises a hand and says, "I concede."

There is a collective "EHH?!"

Chouji looks like someone just pantsed him on his birthday. The Kiri-nin (and if their sensei over there isn't Zabuza himself you'll eat Menka) are the only ones unmoved by their teammate's withdrawal.

"... I... guess they heard about your little constitutional?" you ask, still reeling.

"I- I guess," Chouji stammers.

Think they want to get more data on him in the lag between the prelims and the finals, see what they might have to lose by fighting him?

No question. We ought to stick Indara on him to distract any foreign tails, if we can.

"Next match," comes the announcement, "Yamanaka Ino vs Tenten."

[X] Go on the offensive the second the proctor says the word.

[X] Play defence and stay well back and away.

[X] Straight-up Throne her so you don't have to hurt her or get hurt.

Wow Chouji lucked out there. Kinda.

And poor, poor Tenten. She's straight up boned.

Not sure Throne is gonna put her down, in fact it probably won't, and she's not really dependent on Yin chakra. Also, people might recognize the seals for Throne and give away that we've got a defense against genjutsu. And other stuff. Actually we might give away we don't have Shintenshin because if it landed, it would be a more definitive KO than Throne. Also, Tenen learns about Lupin. Unless we only show Sasuke, and she can probably beat the Sasukes.

And Zenigata. Or is Zenigata not gonna be online for the match?

On the other hand, Tenten probably just can't hit us, but that means revealing our speed.

Menka can probably pwn her if we hit her with a minor genjutsu, at the cost of revealing Menka and predilection for genjutsu (that they probably at least partially suspect).

Either way, Tenten probably is not gonna be a happy camper.

Are these matches rolled for, or are you choosing who fights?

[X] We like Tenten, but hell if we're going to lose to her.
[X] Don't use anything too esoteric, just beat her cleanly with speed. Try to only use '4.5' instead of '4.9' speed, if that is possible.

If there's a superior method of throwing weaponry, Tenten knows it. We might be able to gank that.

Edit: Huh, Tenten versus a horde of Sasukes would probably be a hell of a match. We could sell tickets- if only other people could see inside our head.

Guile said:
[X] Don't use anything too esoteric, just beat her cleanly with speed. Try to only use '4.5' instead of '4.9' speed, if that is possible.
You want to hold back on our speed, when she faces someone with speed that's just as high as ours, every day? Of course, that's assuming that Gai has her spar with Lee or himself, but considering that it's Gai, that's pretty likely.

Selias said:
You want to hold back on our speed, when she faces someone with speed that's just as high as ours, every day? Of course, that's assuming that Gai has her spar with Lee or himself, but considering that it's Gai, that's pretty likely.

Lee's only hitting those speeds with his weights off I believe, so yeah, I kinda doubt she regularly trains against unweighted Lee.

Let's just steal her scroll of weapons. Then she's pretty much helpless.

Hmmm....Hymn may have an idea. Would something like this be feasible?

Menka Henges into Ino, just like he did in the first exam and everyone has already seen it. Ino sends forward a bunch of Bunshin with her and Menka hidden between them. With any luck, Tenten will see one Ino with a shadow first and assume that's the real target, especially if the Bunshins are of Ino and Menka. In the meantime, whoever is not spotted bum rushes Tenten (hopefully in her blind spot) and either beats her face or other parts in (Menka) or steals her weapon scroll (Ino). From there we can probably finish her off at our leisure because she's weapons focused. I'm sure she's quite serviceable at taijutsu, but without her arsenal she probably can't beat us just like she couldn't back in the Academy.

In hindsight, we may be known for our speed from our Academy days already, so if we can get away with not using our full speed, great. Otherwise, neutering Tenten's arsenal is a pretty good trick. And with this we repeat tricks we've already done to good effect, giving away less and taking down Tenten with clever use of E-Rank jutsu.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And Zenigata. Or is Zenigata not gonna be online for the match?
He's little more than a genjutsu-hunting device with personality and a face at the moment. Makin' a fully-operational guy takes time, and you decided to focus on countering genjutsu with him first and other stuff later. Which is handy, since Lupin has way more memories of Zenigata than you do. Pretty much all of them, in fact.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Hmmm....Hymn may have an idea. Would something like this be feasible?

Menka Henges into Ino, just like he did in the first exam and everyone has already seen it. Ino sends forward a bunch of Bunshin with her and Menka hidden between them. With any luck, Tenten will see one Ino with a shadow first and assume that's the real target, especially if the Bunshins are of Ino and Menka. In the meantime, whoever is not spotted bum rushes Tenten (hopefully in her blind spot) and either beats her face or other parts in (Menka) or steals her weapon scroll (Ino). From there we can probably finish her off at our leisure because she's weapons focused.
Yep, you can try this.

FurikoMaru said:
He's little more than a genjutsu-hunting device with personality and a face at the moment. Makin' a fully-operational guy takes time, and you decided to focus on countering genjutsu with him first and other stuff later. Which is handy, since Lupin has way more memories of Zenigata than you do. Pretty much all of them, in fact.

Tch, I had hoped we'd have made more progress with him with Lupin's help and all this downtime. That we'd had Zenigata 'done' and could focus on completing others later. May have been better off with mental static after all.

Do we need to pay a slot for him again later?

Yep, you can try this.

Neato. It at least seems like a decent low risk opening strategy.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Tch, I had hoped we'd have made more progress with him with Lupin's help and all this downtime. That we'd had Zenigata 'done' and could focus on completing others later. May have been better off with mental static after all.

Do we need to pay a slot for him again later?
Nope. He's at the point that you can finish him up over another half-week in about hour-long increments. With the kind of detail you're going for you don't want to rush it. He can still do his primary job, he just isn't ready to be deployed as muscle yet.

FurikoMaru said:
Nope. He's at the point that you can finish him up over another half-week in about hour-long increments. With the kind of detail you're going for you don't want to rush it. He can still do his primary job, he just isn't ready to be deployed as muscle yet.

Well, that's good. We can still trick out Throne with two more slots for the rest of the Fab Four and our mental static. This pleases me.

[X] How nice of her to give you all these weapons! You'll just be taking them, now... [Steal the weapons she throws at you in midflight. She's got to run out sometime.]
-->[X] Seal the weapons away, so she can't grab them back.
-->[X] If you think she's going to outlast you or bring out something game changing, use the Heaven Viewing genjutsu on her. While she's distracted, sneak up behind her and lay a knife at her throat before releasing the genjutsu.

FurikoMaru said:
[X] Remember, you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine
With a smile and a song- Snow White OST

FurikoMaru said:
You consider this as you pass by at the back of the crowd. True, your intelligence on the Akimichi heir suggests he's gotten to this point in the exams only by virtue of his friendship with her, but neither she nor the boy's teammates are anywhere in sight. This requires further thought and investigation.
Congratulations Ino.
You have become notorious enough to be referred to only by a pronoun.
:p
FurikoMaru said:
You are an instrument of Kirigakure's will, Zabuza-sama's right hand, and a loyal friend to Taketori-chan and Suigetsu-kun. You will not permit Konoha to get the drop on any of them.
Though you have to admit, you're really glad it isn't your turn to practice crossplaying. This village does have a reputation, after all.
Zabuza's right hand?
Black haired, male.
This is Yuki Haku isn't it?
Oh boy.
I wonder why they chose to display the fact that at least one Yuki clan member is alive and in pretty good standing.

I see Konoha has a rep for licentiousness, apparently.
Jiraiya must have been busy :)
FurikoMaru said:
Akimichi Chouji vs. Kaguya Taketori
The words are barely out of Genma's mouth before the bad boy blond raises a hand and says, "I concede."
They brought a Kaguya?
Fucking HELL.

Mist fielded an all bloodline team: Yuki, Kaguya and Hozuki.
Ice, Bone and Hydrification.
I don't know how Ino missed that; the names alone should have given them away.

And I see they all cross-dressed; the blond was a Kaguya girl dressed as a boy Water user down to water chapping of the hands.
Suigetsu was a guy dressed as a girl.
And Haku is a Ice user dressed as a swordsman.

Sneaky.
FurikoMaru said:
Chouji looks like someone just pantsed him on his birthday.
Aww.
Choji was looking forward to his chance to shine, and Mist just had to spoil things.
Surprised he got a horse Summon though.
Unless Ino( or someone else) carefully muddied the waters by planting that; it's not as if Haku's passing would have gone unnoticed after all.

During the month-long thing, I REALLY want to get Ranton or pistol up and running, not more of the head-guys.

Ino's gonna have enough backseat driving with just Lupin and Zenigata back there. "Damn it guys if you don't pipe down I'm turning this head around!"

Edit: Uju, I direct you to Horse Stance: http://www.shaolin.org/images-3/general-5/horse-stance01.jpg
Horse kung fu is reeaally well grounded. It fits an Akimichi pretty well. Plus! I can't wait until we get a Chouji, in armor, with a polearm like his dad, kaiju-ified, riding a giant horse summon.

Guile said:
During the month-long thing, I REALLY want to get Ranton or pistol up and running, not more of the head-guys.

Ino's gonna have enough backseat driving with just Lupin and Zenigata back there. "Damn it guys if you don't pipe down I'm turning this head around!"

We had six slots from the month before, and with Lupin up and running we're going to have even more. We can do both, and more head guys means more secure mental space for all people genjutsu (especially including Itachi) and maybe more slots of actions to help keep us safe, all along with better Throne.

Frankly I think it's a bargain. We'll definitely have enough time for Ranton and Throne, plus more. And it progresses us further along the path of Yamanaka jutsu. We oughta step up our game on that front so that we can remove that geas. Plus we might, as a long shot, get extra skills from the constructs we make.

We'll see. But definitely a worthy investment.

Vindictus said:
[X] How nice of her to give you all these weapons! You'll just be taking them, now... [Steal the weapons she throws at you in midflight. She's got to run out sometime.]
-->[X] Seal the weapons away, so she can't grab them back.
-->[X] If you think she's going to outlast you or bring out something game changing, use the Heaven Viewing genjutsu on her. While she's distracted, sneak up behind her and lay a knife at her throat before releasing the genjutsu.

Vin, Tenten almost certainly can hit us with more dakka than even we can snatch. That amount she puts out really is obscene.

uju32 said:
I see Konoha has a rep for licentiousness, apparently.
Jiraiya must have been busy :)
Between Jiraiya, Kakashi, Sasuke's fangirls, Ebisu, Anko's snakes, Oiroke no Jutsu, Harem no Jutsu, the Professor being defeated by a nosebleed, Orochimaru's asexual leering, the Yandere clan and the Seeing-Through-Clothes Clan, it's only the fact that it's a shounen series that keeps them from canonically being known as the Perverts Hidden In The Leaves.

uju32 said:
Mist fielded an all bloodline team: Yuki, Kaguya and Hozuki.
Ice, Bone and Hydrification.
I don't know how Ino missed that; the names alone should have given them away.
Ino: "Pfft, if every Kiri-nin who said they were a Houzuki actually were one there wouldn't be any room for the ten thousand other Kiri-nin who say they're from the Terumi clan. Or the Yuki. Or the Kaguya. Or- you get the idea. Suigetsu's notable 'cause Anko-chan specifically confirmed he's the real deal. Besides, even if Taketori or whatever his actual name is really is a Kaguya, only like one in thirty of them actually have the Shikotsumyaku bloodline."

uju32 said:
Surprised he got a horse Summon though.
:3 Chouji is strong and stubborn and loyal and sometimes nervous. I thought horses suited such a person.

[X] Straight-up Throne her so you don't have to hurt her or get hurt.

FurikoMaru said:
Yeah, Japan is 'behind' North America in a lot of odd ways, and one of them is that they don't helicopter-parent much.
Oh, that I can understand.
One of Britain's major exports to the developing world is the concept of the boarding school for post-elementary education, and a ton of them still exist and thrive.

What is new to me is the hitchiking in perfect safety.
I know of no other part of the world where that's a thing.
FurikoMaru said:
Someone needs to draw this. Pleeeeaase?
I'm sorry, I usually need a reference to turn out passable art.
And my scanner is on the fritz anyway.
And for some reason, there are no pictures of Hinata with a rabbit summon online, or with a summon at all.
Just tons of Hinata bunny ears :mad:

In recompense, have these pics filched off the intertubes
HfDw0DC.jpg

Hinata and a white tiger

9MnuiGB.jpg

Where she makes it into ANBU

HzwqHDJ.jpg

Because there's no way Ino would let Ami wander with her deficient fashion sense, and not be tempted to give her a makeover.

eYZceDd.jpg

And the Sannin.
Just because.

uju32 said:
9MnuiGB.jpg

Where she makes it into ANBU
Righteous!

uju32 said:
HzwqHDJ.jpg

Because there's no way Ino would let Ami wander with her deficient fashion sense, and not be tempted to give her a makeover.
XD Yes. Lupino has *cough* wonderful fashion sense.

:( "I thought you liked my ties."

You are the only person on earth who thinks that red and lavender go together, you know that right?

FurikoMaru said:
You are the only person on earth who thinks that red and lavender go together, you know that right?

They do too go together! Red and purple looks great together.

No vote from me, my headguys are all telling me to go the fuck to sleep

mkire said:
They do too go together! Red and purple looks great together.
It's not purple, it's lavender! /Guy Pierce

But yeah, I do love those crazy ties and I do think they go well together, but that's the result of a phenomenon I call the Burst Rondo Effect. Basically, if you watch anime long enough, your sense of aesthetics gets a Japanese-media expansion pack, and you start to think that ridiculous shit looks or sounds cool.

FurikoMaru said:
I just realized that photo could be Ami as well, if not for the eyes.
Canon Ami has purple hair
300px-Ami.JPG

FurikoMaru said:
Lol.
Kiba: *whistles* You clean up nice, Ami."
Ino: "And now it's your turn."
Kiba: "Hahaha.....wait, what?"
*begins backing away as Ino advances on him with a gleam in her eye*
Asuma-sensei, help?"
Asuma: >:D
Anyway, looking at our current matchup.
First caution: This is an AU.
We taught Lee Fire meditation for one.
Who knows what else has changed.

1) Tenten KNOWS we're fast, from personal experience.
We did speed training with Lee as well.
And given that she is Neji's teammate, the fact that we used to go on runs with Hinata will be known to her.
So she expects both a measure of speed and endurance.

2)She is a weapons specialist, primarily ranged so the priority is to take away her sight.
Flash bangs and smoke bombs will do, and also obscure what we're doing from spectators.
Her databook stats and prior behavior (in the tower) also indicate she's rather weak to genjutsu, nor is her Strength or Taijutsu hugely superior to ours.

3)We've established ourself in the eyes of the contestants as an infiltrator type; deception is what they expect.
Genjutsu certainly, maybe speed as well.
Let's show them what they expect.
Throne is a high-level Yamanaka technique; it's quite possible that jounin like Zabuza will recognize the hand seals and warn their kids.
So that's well out.

4)Neji will be watching, so anything we exhibit here is blown to rivals.
And watching jounin may pick up on stuff we don't want them to, so let's leave Menka out of this.

And remember, we don't want to humiliate a potential colleague either, so that limits what we can do to her.
We're Henge no Ino.
While the others are playing checkers, we should be playing twelve-dimensional chess and looking to the longterm.

PLAN
Smokebombs and flashbangs.
Bunshin and genjutsu(D and C rank).
Use the fan if necessary, and if we have it up, ghetto Jyuuken.
Take her seriously, but leave the big guns in the toybox.
And leave Menka out of this.

uju32 said:
I just realized that photo could be Ami as well, if not for the eyes.
Canon Ami has purple hair
300px-Ami.JPG
Ami: "Hah! I remember that haircut. God, it's awful, isn't it? It's all because I saw that picture of Honda Mami on the cover of Spark Magazine - with the one long lock over her shoulder? You know the one I'm talking about right? It was back when she was promoting that arthouse film, the one with the split personalities?

177465-mami_honda_large.jpg

"Anyway I brought the magazine into the bathroom along with the kitchen scissors, and it wasn't long before... well, you have the pictures, you can see what happened.

"I have my hair long now, but I keep it braided while I'm working. Wish I could wear it loose more often, but long hair near an open flame is a disaster waiting to happen."

uju32 said:
Lol.
Kiba: *whistles* You clean up nice, Ami."
Ino: "And now it's your turn."
Kiba: "Hahaha.....wait, what?"
*begins backing away as Ino advances on him with a gleam in her eye*
Asuma-sensei, help?"
Asuma: >:D

MAKEOVERS FOR EVERYONE!
8765%20-%20aburame_shino%20akimichi_choji%20everyone%20gaara%20hyuga_neji%20inuzuka_kiba%20kankuro%20nara_shikamaru%20naruto%20rock_lee%20suit%20uchiha_sasuke%20uzumaki_naruto.jpg

... I'm sensing a theme here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back