• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

blowing is sword up might be a bit much.

[X] loot.

If uju is right about booby-trap seals being a thing, then even with a Z-Slash stealing the sword would be too risky.

Now, knocking it out of his hands and off into a corner and keeping him from grabbing it? More feasible.

Not terribly fond of any plan that revolves around breaking the sword because it's almost certainly VERY tough.

Setting the ceiling on fire seems a safe choice that lets us resume the endurance match.

But stealing the sword, if it's not trapped, would be really, really nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] slap an exploding tag on the part of the blade not currently on fire and get clear before it blows.

[X] get clear and finally set the damn ceiling on fire like you've wanted to this whole time.

Question. Why are we so concerned about setting the roof on fire again?

Anyway all the options don't look that great to me. Stealing the sword has timing and possibly seal related issues. Both options trying to break the sword seem unlikely to work against the craftsmanship of the blade and again setting the roof on fire doesn't seem to accomplish anything.

What we need is a way to end this quickly. So knocking away the sword and going for a surrender or knockout of some sort seems the best method while he's distracted.

Unclouded said:
Question. Why are we so concerned about setting the roof on fire again?

Because Suigetsu has endurance issues and heat seems like it will make him sweat out more fluid and thus tire him out faster. If the ceiling is on fire and the battlefield becomes much less comfortable for him then as long as we keep him from quenching the fire we might be able to straight up exhaust him.

rather than trying to steal the sword, which could turn out badly for us, perhaps we should just knock it away. grab it and throw it if we have to, but get it away from him.

Out of a window?

[X] Take his sword and throw it as far away as possible, out of a window if we can manage it, into the stands if we can't (not at a spectator!)

I wouldn't even touch the sword with our hand honestly, I'd jut knock it away with our sword if we had to aim for that.

Right now I'm considering explosive tags, but not attaching them to the sword. Just at Suigetsu, blow him across the arena, and while he's dealing with flames and explosions we light the ceiling on fire and wear him down.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I wouldn't even touch the sword with our hand honestly, I'd jut knock it away with our sword if we had to aim for that.
Right now I'm considering explosive tags, but not attaching them to the sword. Just at Suigetsu, blow him across the arena, and while he's dealing with flames and explosions we light the ceiling on fire and wear him down.
Note, these are the same tags that knocked Tenten out from underground.
There's a good chance that in direct contact they will break that sword.

I'm NOT voting for it though; still waiting for Furiko to weigh in on my questions.
Because I have a cunning plan.

uju32 said:
Note, these are the same tags that knocked Tenten out from underground.

We didn't use tags to knock Tenten our from underground. Apparently we COULD have, if we'd use a lot, but we didn't use them. Just sayin'.

I'm NOT voting for it though; still waiting for Furiko to weigh in on my questions.
Because I have a cunning plan.

Well, better hope she doesn't update instead of answering them. Might wanna see if she'd give feedback on the plan itself.

[X] Our swords are connected. Rather than futzing about with tags or trying to break it with force, angle and fling the sword away while his grip is weak.

Zabuza may well have given him that sword. Let's not try and break it intentionally, hm?

Edit: Also, rather than have a manly samurai duel, Ami just pulled the cheap trick. Ino has INFECTED her.

Guile said:
Edit: Also, rather than have a manly samurai duel, Ami just pulled the cheap trick. Ino has INFECTED her.

Are you implying Ami is manly? :p

Also, I get not trying to drive Suigetsu into a fury, but he's nearly killed us. If breaking his possessions is how we win and get out of this alive, well it's not ideal but I won't lose sleep.

EDIT: You know...if we could use Hien through wire, and we wrapped Suigetsu up in wire and then set it on fire? That'd be a nasty little trick. Him breaking the wire could ruin the plan though.

I know Dragon fire has equivalent effect, Hien is just a lot faster and thus more likely to work.

How disoriented is Suigetsu now anyway?

And what's the audience reaction? :p

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
EDIT: You know...if we could use Hien through wire, and we wrapped Suigetsu up in wire and then set it on fire? That'd be a nasty little trick. Him breaking the wire could ruin the plan though.
I know Dragon fire has equivalent effect, Hien is just a lot faster and thus more likely to work.
Damn it, that was MY plan!
Only instead of going for the body, I would go for the neck and demand surrender.

Or as a plan B, have Ami dual-wield ninja wire and sword, channeling Hien.
It should be much more difficult to cut limp wire after all, and we can reinforce it at will.
Depends on whether Ami can manipulate ninja wire.

uju32 said:
Damn it, that was MY plan!
Only instead of going for the body, I would go for the neck and demand surrender.

Suigetsu might be able to survive pulling himself off that actually.

Or as a plan B, have Ami dual-wield ninja wire and sword, channeling Hien.
It should be much more difficult to cut limp wire after all, and we can reinforce it at will.
Depends on whether Ami can manipulate ninja wire.

Personally I'm not too hopeful. It'd be nice but our wire may end up being used against us too. He's probably got us beat in physical strength and he may let us 'catch' him just so he can get a better way to yank us around.

And without flaming wire sliding through the bindings is probably trivial.

Right now I'm kind of favoring, "Toss explosive tags to knock him off balance further, retreat, burn ceiling, reapply pressure, wear him down."

Cause I don't like getting our fingers near his sword or breaking it with our sword, and with booby trap seals....yeah.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Suigetsu might be able to survive pulling himself off that actually.
Personally I'm not too hopeful. It'd be nice but our wire may end up being used against us too. He's probably got us beat in physical strength and he may let us 'catch' him just so he can get a better way to yank us around.
And without flaming wire sliding through the bindings is probably trivial.
Hien IS flaming wire.
That's the point.
Catch it and we pump chakra through it.

uju32 said:
Hien IS flaming wire.
That's the point.
Catch it and we pump chakra through it.

Thought Hien only applied to our sword?

Actually, what'd be better than all of them would be:

[ ] Knock the sword out of his hands....and through the open window.

Don't touch it physically, don't try to handle it, but keep it from being retrieved. And hope nobody's outside. Probably needs Z-Slash though.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Are you implying Ami is manly? :p
She is the manliest member of Team... whatever we are. 10? Sorry, Kiba.

Also, I get not trying to drive Suigetsu into a fury, but he's nearly killed us. If breaking his possessions is how we win and get out of this alive, well it's not ideal but I won't lose sleep.
Sure, but when flinging the sword across the room is easier than trying to break it, and ends the match just as well, AND is less likely to piss off Suigetsu and maybe Zabuza, why try and break it?

Guile said:
Sure, but when flinging the sword across the room is easier than trying to break it, and ends the match just as well, AND is less likely to piss off Suigetsu and maybe Zabuza, why try and break it?

That would depend heavily on whether we can get the sword out of his grasp and how we do so.

I like the idea of just knocking the sword out of the arena, but were I not considering Z-Slashes my move would be lay down explosive tags (not sticking to the sword, I like our fingers where they are), knocking Suigetsu away, burn ceiling, and if his sword is broken then oh well.

Ami is definitely not as nimble as Ino and probably not as good at plucking her enemies' weapons. Even Ino hasn't figured out stealing weapons out of a person's hand yet, I think.

[X] plan guile. (toss sword without touching it)

Meh. Deciding, since Furiko isn't weighing in, I'll wing it.

[X] If you think you can manage it, knock the sword out of his hands and send it flying out the window. If he's disarmed he'll either forfeit or be that much easier to beat into submission. With fire. And beatings.
-[X] But otherwise getting it out of his hands and somewhere he can't get it or would have difficulty getting back may suffice.
[X] If you don't think you can pull it off, hit him with explosive tags to keep him off guard so we get enough room to torch the ceiling. Then keep the pressure on him and don't let he regain the initiative or get jutsu off.

And if a Z-Slash is needed to bring us into the clear for this, fine, I'll offer up another and go down to 1 Z-Slash.
This might be the winning blow, although if my last Z-Slash can still be applicable since I used it for perfume AND beatdowns, that'd be swell.

Really hope we win soon.

This work?

FurikoMaru said:
QUESTION
How good is Ami with wire?
Can she animate it or manipulate it somehow?
Stiffen and loosen it at will?
Can she dual wield it and a sword?

And how big are the storage seals in her clothes?
Big enough to hold a sword?

uju32 said:
Unless Ami has a seal that would contain it, something she could slip it into?
Certainly if Ino found time to sow seals into Shikamaru's clothes, she would have done the same for her teammates.
She did. Ami isn't likely to consider it at the moment, but I'm sure you can convince her that it's something that will work.

uju32 said:
IIRC, the sword has to be in a fixed position to allow that to happen.
Given that Suigetsu's arm is liquidifying, it's more likely to move the sword than break it.
And his sword is better than hers anyway.
Ami's entire schtick is making mediocre swords better. Sure, Asuma's the better person for this kind of deal, since his Wind affinity makes his Hien more of a slicer-dicer to Ami's block-all-of-the-strikes, but if you use a Zantetsuken (for its canonical purpose for once), you can pull it off.

uju32 said:
And almost as importantly, hitting the foible will only take off the front third or so of the blade at best.
On a foil, sure. The weak point of a katana is lower. You'd end up cutting the sword right in half.

uju32 said:
Seeing as Japanese built cutting not stabbing swords, it's not as huge an advantage as it would seem.
I wouldn't have suggested it if it didn't seem like a good idea to the character who actually works with swords. For one thing it shortens his reach on her, which would be very nice if she wants to have an actual duel.

uju32 said:
QUESTION
How good is Ami with wire?
She's better with a sword, but she's very competent with wire. Just like with everything she can easily increase its durability and manipulate it along its length to a certain extent - she's no puppet master, but she's good.

uju32 said:
And what are the rules for surrender?
They have to say they give up. But if you go too far looking for them to say that, the ref can step in and end the match.

uju32 said:
And how big are the storage seals in her clothes?
Big enough to hold a sword?
Big enough to hold her sword. She's never tried it with any others.

uju32 said:
There's no need to shout, Jesus. I have other stuff to do, y'know.

And signalling the GM doesn't work like that here. I don't get alerts every time you quote me.

FurikoMaru said:
There's no need to shout, Jesus. I have other stuff to do, y'know.
And signalling the GM doesn't work like that here. I don't get alerts every time you quote me.
My apologies.
After Hymn's comment, I thought you didn't see my question.
And I didn't realize alerts didn't work here :-[

uju32 said:
My apologies.
After Hymn's comment, I thought you didn't see my question.
And I didn't realize alerts didn't work here :-[

Yeah, it's not so much 'Don't Work' as 'The site doesn't have them'.

I brought it up with Teh Elgee a while back, but I never found it to be a huge issue overall. Though it's somewhat annoying to not know where your likes are coming from and such sometimes... But oh well.

Anyway, back to our options.
Apparently Ami is competent with wire-fu; girl's been buffing her credentials for Uchiha matriarch.
And I would prefer not to break Suigetsu's sword if at all possible; rather not turn this into a grudge match, or a feud.
Unless absolutely necessary, of course.

PLAN
[X] Get the sword away
-[X]Out the window with his blade; don't touch.

[X]Ninja wire and sword and tags,take the fight to him
Manipulate the wire and channel elemental chakra along the wire as necessary.
Tags and techniques if he attempts to make space to use jutsu
Press him hard.

[X]IF opportunity presents itself, nuke the ceiling

Spend 1 Z-slash.
Which will take me down to 1 2/3 Z-slashes.

Huh, Ami is better than I thought she'd be at wire. If she can channel Hien through it than yeah, that's a nasty trick to use on Suigetsu. Really nasty.

Although now I'm tempted to use the Z-Slash on Suigetsu's sword. People Ino and Lupin simultaneously going, "HOLY SHIT WHEN DID AMI BECOME GOEMON" is extremely amusing. Like, wow. Just wow.

We'd really piss Suigetsu off, but it certainly says a hell of a lot about Ami. Sounds like it won't be a fight ender though. It'll just mean Suigetsu is now hindered enough that he won't stomp Ami when he stops messing around.

And uju, weren't you worried about booby traps? Why are you having Ami handle the blade directly?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And uju, weren't you worried about booby traps? Why are you having Ami handle the blade directly?
Derp.
I thought I edited that.
Will fix.

As Ami is the one that has sword knowledge how likely is it that this is a family blade or something other with higher sentimental value and not a modern and more or less "average" sword? As I can`t find a scene where zabusa gave it to him it might be his own after all.

[X] hammer at the foible of the blade with all your might and snap it.
[X] Z-Slash used!

[JK] "Once again I have cut a worthless object."

Yeah, while I do like the idea of sending Suigetsu's blade outside, Furiko just confirmed that we WILL smash the blade. I can't be as confident in just knocking it away, and this is the make or break moment for the fight. We're running out of tricks. So even if it costs a Z-Slash, at least it's a guaranteed payout. And thematically appropriate.

At least this way Suigetsu can tell himself he lost because his sword wasn't good enough. Even though Ami's sword is worse....

And the JK comment is apparently Goemon's catchphrase. It doesn't sound like Ami at all. But it's amusing.

Ami said that it was an excellent blade it'd take her two years to pay for, but not explicitly magical.

It's in the style of the Head Chopping Sword, but is not it.

Could still have sentimental value though.

Edit: Hymn, what do you mean we WILL smash the blade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back