• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

[Q] "You think that's impressive? Hold my non-existent drink and watch this!"
-->[Q] "HOOKERS AND BLOW FOR EVERYBODY!"

[X] Hugs! Hugs now, yes? Jigen's back, fuck yeah! Hell, get Kankuro in on the action too, hugs and champagne for everyone!

Vindictus said:
[Q] "You think that's impressive? Hold my non-existent drink and watch this!"
-->[Q] "HOOKERS AND BLOW FOR EVERYBODY!"
I see you spotted the common thread with each of those locations right away. >:D

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Hugs! Hugs now, yes? Jigen's back, fuck yeah! Hell, get Kankuro in on the action too, hugs and champagne for everyone!

So, we're Lupin's reincarnation, while Kankuro just has Jigen in his head, then?

(x) And then Ossan descends on them. "I always knew I just had to wait long enough and I'd get you guys!"
Jigen's expression would be amazing.
(x) Then hugs, or Benny Hill, whichever seems most apropriate.

The Sasukes should be in police uniforms, too.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
You forgot the blackjack.
No, see, you can have blackjack and hookers or you can have hookers and blow, but you can't have blackjack, hookers AND blow all at once.

Never heard of Blackjack and blow at the same time either, actually.

Perhaps they react violently to each other?

(x) And then Ossan descends on them. "I always knew I just had to wait long enough and I'd get you guys!"

(x) Then hugs, or Benny Hill, whichever seems most apropriate.

Funny as Guile's write-in is, isn't our Zenigata still mostly lacking the personality? Seems like it'd be a bit depressing afterwards.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Funny as Guile's write-in is, isn't our Zenigata still mostly lacking the personality? Seems like it'd be a bit depressing afterwards.
If that's the case, yeah, pass on Ossan. Alas.

I also wish we could introduce Jigen to Kiba, but I can't figure out how to get it done.
"Hey Old Jigen, meet New Jigen! Only 40% as cool as the old model, but 160% cuter!" The extra 60% is Akamaru.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Good point.

Guile said:

I also wish we could introduce Jigen to Kiba, but I can't figure out how to get it done.
"Hey Old Jigen, meet New Jigen! Only 40% as cool as the old model, but 160% cuter!" The extra 60% is Akamaru.
Throne.

Vindictus said:
Never heard of Blackjack and blow at the same time either, actually.

Perhaps they react violently to each other?
Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen Blackjack and blow in the same room at the same time.

Holy crap, blow is Blackjack! Why didn't I see it before?

FurikoMaru said:
[X] Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah Means Meet Me Tonight
Jet Screamer, with lyrics by Elroy&Judy Jetson, from The Jetsons episode "A Date with Jet Screamer".
Also the title of songs by the Dickies and the Violent Femmes.

FurikoMaru said:
Okay. You don't know how much the ANBU guy overheard. You didn't hear his chakra until right after you said Jigen's name, so best case scenario (which you're not prepared to assume) he didn't arrive until then. More likely he's been here the whole time and he's letting you hear him as an early-warning not to throw the first punch in what probably does look like a fight waiting to happen to someone not in on the joke. Best to keep this discreet.
And we have the first indication that sensors do not see everything, especially someone trained to hide.
Something to keep in mind.

FurikoMaru said:
"Y-you...!" he growls, clenching his fists twice: where and how many?
Oh, holy crap, what the hell kind of shitpit is Suna that he thinks that means I want him to ice the eavesdropper? ._.;
]Huh.
Is Ino misreading things, or is Suna really that cutthroat even for the children of the Kage?
And wow, Jigen is willing to commit to battle on our say so?
Like that?

FurikoMaru said:
[X] Empty booth, in the front window. If they can see you clearly, they're less likely to care what you're actually saying to each other. The peeping tom only made himself known when you guys were in a secluded area, after all.
[X] Shikamaru's booth. This calls for a Throning, which calls for having someone on hand to watch your bodies and make excuses for both of you.
[X] Tomorrow (location write-in). Go to Shikamaru's booth and have a conversation with Kankuro to further throw them off the scent. And also to get to know the guy; I mean, just 'cause he's Jigen that doesn't mean he isn't also himself, does it?
The problem I have with the first option is that we can be eavesdropped on, and there's a jealous overprotective Hyuuga boy in the vicinity.

The second option requires that we throw hand seals at a Suna ninja while his jinchuuriki brother is nearby drinking alcohol, and there are two ANBU in close proximity; there are way too many ways this could go wrong, especially with our budding reputation for sneakiness and the Yamanaka thing for mind-shenanigans.

FurikoMaru said:
*"sanjigen" literally means 3D.
The more you know.

QUESTION
How much time dilation does Throne give?Seconds? Minutes? Days?

EDIT
Fuck it
[X]Tomorrow (location write-in). Go to Shikamaru's booth and have a conversation with Kankuro to further throw them off the scent. And also to get to know the guy; I mean, just 'cause he's Jigen that doesn't mean he isn't also himself, does it?

A little preparation goes a long way in avoiding disaster.

uju32 said:

Ok there must be some sort of problem for either the newest updates not loading for some people or something because I swear this has to be the fifth time I've seen someone post something well after an update.

Anyway

Torgamous said:
Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen Blackjack and blow in the same room at the same time.

Holy crap, blow is Blackjack! Why didn't I see it before?
[Gasps Dramatically]

This explains SO MUCH!

Unclouded said:
Ok there must be some sort of problem for either the newest updates not loading for some people or something because I swear this has to be the fifth time I've seen someone post something well after an update.
Nah.
I was just composing my answer/reply/update and left it too long to post.
Don't worry about it.

Guile said:

Well.....we could have Lupin pretend to be Zenigata and Ino Zenigata's reincarnation, and that this entire thing was the most elaborate sting operation to date?

I'm sure Lupin can manage his favorite disguise in his own head.

And I think I remember something about telegraphing incarnations? So maybe we could get a Lupin incarnation to play the part?

[X] But in a totally manly way (let's go~! :3)

Unfortunately, you have but two arms to devote to the cause. No matter; one for Kankuro, one for Jigen, problem solved. And oh, look, Lupin was nice enough to get Jigen's other side so he can't run away.

Your grin is so wide you feel like your face is going to split in half.

"Jigen!"

"It's been way too long!"

Jigen shoves off Lupin with a typical "Let go, you yutz," but neither he nor Kankuro seem to know quite what to do about you. After a moment, two hands get placed on your head to affectionately ruffle your hair, only to retract as their owners stare at each other in surprise, and then look away in embarrassment.

"Damn it," Jigen mutters in English.

Beaming, you decide they've suffered enough of that particular torture and let them loose. "I take it that means you guys are in the same boat as us?"

"Maa, y-you've got a scary face, Jigen-chan..."

"A laser? A friggin' laser?"

"OwowowmissedyoutoopalOW!"

Kankuro still looks slightly uncertain. "... am I asleep?"

You waggle a hand. "Kind of. You're in my mind. It's a Yamanaka thing."

"What the hell were you thinking?! Fujiko was a fucking wreck for a year! Pops threw himself into that messed up energy field looking for you!"

"We made Fujiko cry?!" you interrupt in horror.

Jigen freezes mid-lecture, and Lupin wriggles out of his grip. "No, Ino, look, you can't blame yourself for stuff that I did-"

"Oh, don't bother, knowing you she won't be able to stop herself, ya damn drama queen." Jigen pinches the bridge of his nose. "Look, ojou-san..." he says awkwardly. "I might have exaggerated. It was more like six months. The rest of her life was fine, she finally got the right billionaire eating out of her hand and settled down, happily ever after, the end."

:'( "She married someone else?!" :'(

"I give up." -_-

Kankuro laughs under his breath.

"Oi, this is a deathly serious personal matter, kid! You wouldn't be laughing if it were your girlfriend!"

The laugh becomes a snort of derision. "I'm a fourteen-year-old kugutsu-tsukai. What girlfriend?"

You wince. "Yeah, sorry about that earlier, I-"

"Ino," Kankuro says flatly, with a hint of a laugh at the edges of his mouth, "I'm standing on concrete, smelling exhaust-dogs and looking up at neon lights and skyscrapers. You could call my mother a whore right now and I think I'd forgive you."

"... I didn't even think of that," you say. "I guess..." You look to Jigen. "Yeah. You grew up in New York, right? Suna must be a fucking nightmare for you."

He shrugs. "It's not so bad. At least not since we taught them how to make pizza."

You and Lupin groan as one. "Oh, god, please don't talk about pizza, I haven't figured out how to simulate food yet."

"I haven't had pizza in thirteen years!"

"Or onion rings!" Aw, hell; once you two get going you can play off each other for hours, and at the end of it you still both end up hungry.

"Why do they have chocolate chip cookies and burgers here but not pain au chocolat or steak? This place makes no sense!"

"I miss Coke and Pepsi and I've never tasted either of them!"

"Konoha cigarettes suck! I want my Gitanes and I wanna go home!"

"Sounds good," Kankuro says, nodding. "When do we leave?"

You blink.

There's a moment of awkward silence.

Jigen sighs. "Nice, kid. Real subtle."

"What? We're all thinking it."

"Actually, I'm thinkin' that this is probably why you don't have a girlfriend, not the puppets," you say, incredulous.

Kankuro looks neither offended nor chastened.

"O-kay, kids, time out!" Lupin claps his hands loudly once. "First thing's first, let's get reacquainted. We don't wanna get ahead of ourselves, here - I mean, we still don't know where Goemon and Fujiko are."

Jigen raises an eyebrow. "Y'mean the cranky kid isn't Goemon?"

"Do you think he might be?" you exclaim excitedly. "I haven't wanted to get my hopes up, but if you guys are here-"

"I'd say that clinches it," Kankuro says to Jigen, biting his lip to stifle a smirk. "You owe me ten ryo."

Jigen grumbles.

Your face goes hot.

"Y-you had a bet over whether I...?" you splutter.

"Not you," Kankuro says cheerfully, jerking a thumb in Lupin's direction, "him."

"WHAT?"

"How'd you get him to take that bet?" you ask curiously, still blushing as the adults begin to argue. "Has he seen how they act around each other?"

Kankuro shrugs. "All he ever says is he doesn't want to think about it." He gives you a once-over. "So? What's your story? What've you been doing the last thirteen years?"

[X] Keep it light and flippant for now. You guys have a month at least to get to know each other again, and there are other things you wanna talk about tonight than just Where Are They Now.

[X] ... hm. Something about the way he says 'thirteen years' makes you think he wants to hear the story in more depth. Well, let it never be said you deny an audience what they crave...

[X] Write in (Like A Thief!)

Who wants to bet that Jigen and Kankuro are going to be pissed at what itachi did.

[X] ... hm. Something about the way he says 'thirteen years' makes you think he wants to hear the story in more depth. Well, let it never be said you deny an audience what they crave...

Hmm. Well seeing as Jigen is here, could Jigen help us make a Super!Jigen construct?

Wouldn't be autonomous like Lupin, but it's also probably the next best thing. Like having a pen pal! Sorta. Plus more back-up in our head.

Maybe another perspective would help us flesh out the rest of the contructs too.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Hmm. Well seeing as Jigen is here, could Jigen help us make a Super!Jigen construct?

Wouldn't be autonomous like Lupin, but it's also probably the next best thing. Like having a pen pal! Sorta. Plus more back-up in our head.

Maybe another perspective would help us flesh out the rest of the contructs too.
That would be nice. How pissed do you think Jigen and Kankuro are going to be about what itachi did.

Huh, nice catch.

....Hmm. I'm pretty sure a koto is still meant to be placed horizontally. It seems more a matter of acoustics. But with enough chakra strings we could totally play our koto without actually touching it.

Or play with 10+ fingers than we normally have, with the + coming from that right the right positioning you could still and play different threads with the same strings, which are not confined to the shape of our hands. It'd be a nifty trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back