• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

[X] Reach out with your sensing, and then shout across the room: "Twenty ryo on the ANBU! Do I have any takers for either of the two scrawny genin against the eight jounin and two chuunin, most of whom are currently invisible?"

[X] Maybe you'd shoot straighter than you do

"Twenty ryo on the ANBU! Do I have any takers for either of the two scrawny genin against the eight jounin and two chuunin, most of whom are currently invisible?"

"Oh god, here we go..." Kankuro says under his breath as Temari stares at you with a look of betrayal on her face.

"Fifty on me and duck-hair," Gaara says, promptly backhanding both of the ANBU restraining Sasuke with his sand and leaping to his feet. "I'll take the jounin if you handle the chuunin."

[X] Oh, hell, this is getting heavy. Time to take a stroll around the block...
-> [X] Snag someone to bring with you (Write in?)

[X] "I hear fifty! Fifty on Gaara of the Sand Waterfall and Sasuke the Landlord! Do I hear sixty? Double or nothing, people!"

[X] Hell, a hundred and twenty bucks on the line? Time to do something you swore you would never do and help out local law enforcement.
-> [X] Write in?

[X] Grin at Kankuro and Shikamaru. "So! Which one of you will be bailing us out and which one of you will be helping us kick some ass?" When the answer to this question is established, leap into the fray. A little friendly sparring with the assassination corps never hurt anybody.

Hey, if we're doing this, we're doing it right.
[X] "All right, I got fifty from Gaara on himself. Three gets you two odds on ANBU! Taking all bets! That's a bet of 3 ryo on the jounin will get you 2 on a win! It's the guy who shrugs off bullets and the Best Uchiha against the Konoha octet! Lot of good talent in our ANBU squads, I sure wouldn't bet against them myself! What'll it be, gents? If the fight is inconclusive, house keeps all bets!"
-[X] Once the bets are in, leap into the fray yourself or simply provide assistance to the losing side under the table. The intent is to force a draw and keeping all bets for yourself. They have only themselves to blame, after all.

[X] "All right, I got fifty from Gaara on himself. Three gets you two odds on ANBU! Taking all bets! That's a bet of 3 ryo on the jounin will get you 2 on a win! It's the guy who shrugs off bullets and the Best Uchiha against the Konoha octet! Lot of good talent in our ANBU squads, I sure wouldn't bet against them myself! What'll it be, gents? If the fight is inconclusive, house keeps all bets!"
-[X] Once the bets are in, dive into the melee with the intent of forcing a draw and keeping all bets for yourself. They have only themselves to blame, after all.

-[X] Once the bets are in, dive into the melee with the intent of forcing a draw and keeping all bets for yourself. They have only themselves to blame, after all.

....I'm sorry Guile, are you insane?!

You just wrote 'dive into melee'. Melee! Why on earth do you want a non-combat build to dive into the thick of things?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Dive into the melee" is different from "dive into melee". It just means join the fray, start participating, etc.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
....I'm sorry Guile, are you insane?!

You just wrote 'dive into melee'. Melee! Why on earth do you want a non-combat build to dive into the thick of things?
Torgamous said:
"Dive into the melee" is different from "dive into melee". It just means join the fray, start participating, etc.
Right. I'll edit it a little to be more like the existing option.

Just keep in mind that if we end up wrecking Chouji's favorite place to eat with a brawl he's gonna be less than pleased with us. Although we're kind of past the point where avoiding that is feasible, Gaara being a freight-train of fuck-you.

And Bringer of Darkness, even if we WERE willing to reveal it, just means MORE stuff gets wrecked. Not an option for several reasons.

Although setting a condition of victory to be, "You must pay for EVERYTHING you wreck and forfeit your bets," could be a fun little condition to attach....and keep Gaara from sticking to Dante's usual MO, i.e. destroy the building he's in.

Man, it just occurred to me I have way too many super-clever quest protags. It's kind of obnoxious, really.

I should go back to True Lady's Quest. Joanna may be a Joestar, but she's a Josuke kind of Joestar.

We're going to totally ruin Konoha's reputation, aren't we?

Actually, considering things have a....significant chance of going to hell in a handbasket, perhaps we should be considering a Z-Slash?

[X] Grin at Kankuro and Shikamaru. "So! Which one of you will be bailing us out and which one of you will be helping us kick some ass?" When the answer to this question is established, leap into the fray. A little friendly sparring with the assassination corps never hurt anybody.

FurikoMaru said:
Man, it just occurred to me I have way too many super-clever quest protags. It's kind of obnoxious, really.

I should go back to True Lady's Quest. Joanna may be a Joestar, but she's a Josuke kind of Joestar.
Write a reincarnation of Goku. That'd solve the problem.

I'm....very annoyed to spend this when this isn't even my idea, but seeing as a battle royale here could seriously screw things up if someone innocent gets hurt or the building is wrecked, fine, I'll spend a Z-Slash.

Unless it just means the ANBU forfeit and avoid the fight entirely. Which would actually be extremely smart of them but probably a waste of a Z-Slash. Us making out like bandits, eh, different.

Or we wouldn't need it to pull this off. See again, ANBU forfeit, we pay up, crisis averted.

I admit, there is a certain irony in us paying for the dinner (and possibly damages) with their money.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Actually, considering things have a....significant chance of going to hell in a handbasket, perhaps we should be considering a Z-Slash?
If you guys think it's necessary. I don't really see the worry, myself.

Guile said:
If you guys think it's necessary. I don't really see the worry, myself.

You don't see the worry in us fanning the flames of ANBU and Sasuke/Gaara throwing down in a restaurant and how that could end up going south, especially if we try to stick a finger in it?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
You don't see the worry in us fanning the flames of ANBU and Sasuke/Gaara throwing down in a restaurant and how that could end up going south, especially if we try to stick a finger in it?
Nope. They'll have a month to work off any injuries, and honestly anything that slows Gaara down is good news for us.

And given the zaniness that goes on pretty much all the time around here, a few high spirits don't seem too bad.

Guile said:
Nope. They'll have a month to work off any injuries, and honestly anything that slows Gaara down is good news for us.

And given the zaniness that goes on pretty much all the time around here, a few high spirits don't seem too bad.

I was referring more to, "We may get our butt kicked," and the fact that encouraging the wrecking of one of Chouji's family's restaurants seems like a dick move.

Especially if in the process they end up hitting people less able to defend themselves. If they start throwing around jutsu, hooooooo boy. Or if Ami decides to join the fray too and more and more people are fighting.

A battle royale in these closed quarters just seems like a potential recipe for disaster. Especially if people decide we're fair game.

Well, what're ya waitin' for? Let's get to work! >:D

You hop up to stand on the banquette.

[X] "All right, I got fifty from Gaara on himself. Three gets you two odds on ANBU! Taking all bets! That's a bet of 3 ryo on Konoha's finest will get you 2 on a win! It's the guy who shrugs off bullets and the Best Uchiha against the Konoha dectet! Lot of good talent in our ANBU squads, I sure wouldn't bet against them myself! What'll it be, gents? If the fight is inconclusive, house keeps all bets!"

"Ten on the ANBU!" a clearly-hammered civilian man hollers from down the bar. His slightly-more-sober friend grabs him by the arm and drags him out the door just as a flying table knocks over the stools they were sitting in.

"A hundred on us," Parrot says mildly, before jumping into the fray.

"Ten from the fella in the green jacket, a hundred from Parrot, both on the ANBU!" You flick some stray bits of sand off your face. "C'mon, where's your sporting blood, people? I know the kids are a little looped, but they're both on the fast track to jounin status!"

Neji continues to sit calmly in his booth. The only sudden move he makes is to tilt his head slightly to the left to avoid a kunai that embeds itself in the wall next to him. Idly, he pets a facepawing Menka, and smiles quietly at the convivial chaos.

"Ami-san, please, she listens to you-"

"THREE HUNDRED ON SASUKE-KUN!"

You can't quite hear Tenten's reply, but you doubt it's complimentary.

"Fine!" Temari scowls, and pulls out her wallet. "Forty on Gaara. You are the weirdest Yamanaka on the face of the earth, you know that?"

"Yes I am!" you say, wondering what she means by that.

"Twenty on Chouza-san," Shikamaru says, slouching into a more comfortable position and resting his head on the cushioned back of the banquette.

"Make it forty," Chouji says with a sigh.

"Oh, I'm on a timer, am I?" you ask, grinning. They're not wrong; the Sultan of Supper is almost certain to show up sometime. And if the fight's still in full swing when he gets here...

"A hundred on you," Kankuro says flatly.

Temari and Shikamaru stare at him.

You pout. "Spoil my fun, why doncha?"

"They're playing your song, princess; why don't you dance?" he replies innocently.

[X] How do you want to bring the fight to a draw?

Neji continues to sit calmly in his booth. The only sudden move he makes is to tilt his head slightly to the left to avoid a kunai that embeds itself in the wall next to him. Idly, he pets a facepawing Menka, and smiles quietly at the convivial chaos.

Neji is smiling at this?

....Huh.

Okay, question, I'm assuming my Z-Slash got burned. Does it still apply for forcing the draw?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Okay, question, I'm assuming my Z-Slash got burned.
XD You wanted a Z-Slash for this?

I mean, you can use it on stopping the brawl, if you want, but there's no way I was just going to send you into the fight with no chance to plan. You still have as many as you did before.

FurikoMaru said:
XD You wanted a Z-Slash for this?

You can use it on stopping the brawl, if you want, but there's no way I was just going to send you into the fight with no chance to plan.

No, I was spending it to make sure when we did go in the brawl, as the vote had us pointed towards, we don't get chewed up and spit out, and the same for everyone else in the room.

If preventing all of that isn't necessary I'll happily hang on to it for now and leave others to try and find a way to stop this without getting thrashed.

Hey, Ino got a new title! Ino the Shapeshifter, instead of Konoha's Poisonous Blossom. I wonder when that happened.

I have a question, do we have smoke bombs?

Anyway! Let's have some fun. Spitballing...

[X] "Well, guess I'm on the clock, then!" Slip into the fracas. It is 10 vs 2, so we'll start out on Sakkun's team.
[X] Use speed, stealth and general Lupin-ness to KO and replace one of the chuunin. Then, using genjutsu, have one of Konoha's Finest assume Sakkun's form. Then genjutsu Sakkun into someone else.
Have a mask under our henge, say, of Sakkun? I doubt we have a Gaara mask (yet). Then,
[X] If we are caught under the henge, it will be of a second Sakkun. Cite that the battle was Gaara/Sakkun vs the Elite, it was never specified how many Sakkun there were (the plural of Sakkun is also Sakkun). Sophistry is your friend. If we aren't, use the Sakkun mask as a prop later to cheap-shot Gaara and break up the band.
[X] Nothing too nasty when it comes time to the backstab. Maybe just something a man like Gaara would be uncomfortable receiving from another boy? Ami's jealousy would probably allow her to Righteous Rage up and 1HKO Gaara for us. Then we could tagteam up with Sakkun and deal with the ANBU.

Of course, keep things freeform enough to react to changing situations as required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back