• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Look for the up arrow in the upper right corner of posts. That's the respect button, to the left of the quote and add multi quote buttons.

[X] Go on the defensive. You may not be able to win this fight, but that doesn't mean you can't get through it with your dignity intact. Make a game out of seeing how long you can keep out of his grasp.

Yay, I can vote for this thing again, happy days.

[X] Go on the defensive. You may not be able to win this fight, but that doesn't mean you can't get through it with your dignity intact. Make a game out of seeing how long you can keep out of his grasp.
Dodge. Dodge forever. We're a chakra-using contortionist with Lupin III in our head; we'll manage somehow.

unless we change a lot we will perpetually run away from a fight...damn it we're the Jack Sparrow of Naruto.

Holy fuck I just checked the archive thread.

It was Jiven and Liam-don.

Liam-don likes my stuff! The person who actually plans shit out likes my half-made-up-on-the-spot fuckery enough to like-bomb! ;D Shit, man, Hinazumi was the reason I started this quest! This is like if Robertson Davies called from the Celtic afterlife to tell me he was watching my career with great interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
[x]Try your best that's the best you can do. Use your flexibility to your advantage and try twisting around his blows

FurikoMaru said:

*chuckle* And I think I didn't like every post in the archive thread because I forgot to do it. I will remedy to that later.

Reactions: Dio
[X] Dream guys don't fail me now!

Also you have now given me a reason to respect bomb you. Prepare to be respected :D

FurikoMaru said:

Liam-don likes my stuff! The person who actually plans shit out likes my half-made-up-on-the-spot fuckery enough to like-bomb! ;D Shit, man, Hinazumi was the reason I started this quest! This is like if Robertson Davies called from the Celtic afterlife to tell me he was watching my career with great interest.
Your quest has the real quality of being an hilarious read where I can't help but fall into serious business territory, which is always hit and miss.

Blacksmith quest was supposed to be a light hearted romp, dammit.

Still, maybe I should archive wallflower quest here. I want to farm likes too!

I have the exact same feeling when I get bogged down in the Tora Clan stuff. I always worry I'm gonna lose people from the shift in tone and the heavy focus on OCs - if only myself, because that political history for dummies stuff is what I GM Cosmos Quest to get away from in the novel I skive off writing to do this. Oh, god, and some of the stuff I have planned down the line can get kinda... hngk. No. Spoilers bad. Be still, pendulous girl.

If Reincarnation Quest ever actually happens, I'm pretty sure it couldn't possibly be anything but a light-hearted rampage through canon. The thought of all these kids commiserating over how shoot-me-in-the-head simple the Academy is, someone inevitably saying, ??? "... Sasuke, stop smiling. It is against the natural order of things," Sakura sending Orochimaru blasting off again for daring to lay a hand on her waifu, Tenten weeping tears of joy that she's somehow ditched her harem of smitten boys only to accidentally acquire a whole new one (one assumes, I mean, MKQ hasn't really gotten that far yet), The Itarcher and Kisame Show... the only remotely angsty thing I can think of is people being sad that their friends have basically been replaced by strangers.

FurikoMaru said:
I have the exact same feeling when I get bogged down in the Tora Clan stuff. I always worry I'm gonna lose people from the shift in tone and the heavy focus on OCs - if only myself, because that political history for dummies stuff is what I GM Cosmos Quest to get away from in the novel I skive off writing to do this. Oh, god, and some of the stuff I have planned down the line can get kinda... hngk. No. Spoilers bad. Be still, pendulous girl.

If Reincarnation Quest ever actually happens, I'm pretty sure it couldn't possibly be anything but a light-hearted rampage through canon. The thought of all these kids commiserating over how shoot-me-in-the-head simple the Academy is, someone inevitably saying, ??? "... Sasuke, stop smiling. It is against the natural order of things," Sakura sending Orochimaru blasting off again for daring to lay a hand on her waifu, Tenten weeping tears of joy that she's somehow ditched her harem of smitten boys only to accidentally acquire a whole new one (one assumes, I mean, MKQ hasn't really gotten that far yet), The Itarcher and Kisame Show... the only remotely angsty thing I can think of is people being sad that their friends have basically been replaced by strangers.
What is this Reincarnation Quest and MKQ you speak of?

Reincarnation Quest was a proposed crossover between all the Naruto reincarnation quests, where everyone shows up to canon team-assignment day and has to deal with the fact that they've switched universes. MKQ is Mystical Kunoichi Quest, wherein A Ranma Is You, And Also A Tenten.

Who's left of the Rookie Nine to be the player character in that quest, by the way? Shino? Maybe it should be an RP instead.

Well, Kiba would have been fairly used to a smiling Sasuke because... Ah hell with it, that quest is pretty much dead at this point, I can give spoilers if I want. [You would have found out if you'd chosen to look for other geniuses/reincarnations, socialize with Sasuke, or take the 'Shopping with Hana' route anyway]

Your planned Sensei was Itachi Uchiha. Reincarnation of Kamina [Aka the best big brother in the history of ever], and one of the stronger candidates for Hokage whenever Sarutobi kicked the bucket.

If anyone ever does do the reincarnation quest, I'll give them a bucket list of the other spoilers and twists I had planned for further down the line.

That would be a fantastic RP.

I guess my three-post-before-it-died Butterfly Quest would qualify me for Chouji, just because nobody else wanted to make one.

Your Chouji actually influenced the direction I decided to take mine in. Despite me being totally unfamiliar with the series he came from.

[4] Aw, hell, what have you got to lose? This may be your one and only chance to punch a Lollypop in the face and actually land the hit.

[4] Go on the defensive. You may not be able to win this fight, but that doesn't mean you can't get through it with your dignity intact. Make a game out of seeing how long you can keep out of his grasp.

[2] Dream guys don't fail me now!

Write-in:

[1] Try your best that's the best you can do. Use your flexibility to your advantage and try twisting around his blows.

I'm counting that write-in as a vote in favour of the defensive, just 'cause of the emphasis on dodging.

Writing starts... in a little while. I'm gonna go get something to nom, I think.

What were the crossovers again?

Naruto: Female and Gilgamesh?
Sasuke: Male and Saber?
Sakura: Sakura (Kasugano)
Ino: Lupin III
Shikamaru: Dante
Chouji:... Kirby?
Shino: Zerg cerebrate? Tyranid?
Kiba: Guts
Hinata: Dunno

... Yeah, with just those 9 there's no way to handle this seriously. They would derail cannon the moment their eyes snap open. And it would snowball fast.

Naruto- Proto-Gilgamesh
Sasuke- Saber
Sakura- Sakura
Ino- Lupin, in the first one.
Shika- Dante
Chouji- Thor
Shino- Unclaimed [Aburame Quest is NOT Shino]
Kiba- Guts
Hinata- ... Really, Liam?
Tenten- Ranma
Neji- Undefeated of the east, and/or Theresa
Lee- Shiki
Itachi- Archer

I think that's the complete list?

Right, female Naruto is a different quest. I guess I'll have to find another excuse to use this glorious image.

Chouji was Thor, really? I have no words for how insane this would be.

Anymore characters would make for more players, but also enhance the madness. I don't know a gm who could take it.

[X] Be where the fists aren't.

Sasuke comes at you right away, but you hop the leg he swings around to trip you and duck to the side to avoid a punch that would doubtless have blacked your eye. He doesn't let up, though, turning right around and bringing his other leg up into a knee-strike that just barely misses you as you leap back.

His movements are kind of pretty, you notice; they don't look much like the Academy forms you've been learning. Maybe it's just that they flow together better than you've seen from other kids in taijutsu class.

He's slower than you, you can tell now, but in the enclosed space of the fighting ring your speed doesn't count for as much. It remains to be seen if he can keep up this pace, but in the meantime, you have to say this is... fun. Really fun. ^-^ It's like dancing with a very enthusiastic partner. You could get used to-

OW. Goddamnit, getting punched hurts like a motherfucker! Sasuke obviously can't strike with the same force Menka can, but still, ouch.

Right, think of it as an incentive to keep moving.

"Get her, Sasuke-kun!" a purple-haired girl calls from the sidelines.

"GO INO!" Chouji roars suddenly, and you smile. Ino-Shika-Cho. Gotta love it.

"Kick his ass, neko-buta!"

That's a bit more of a surprise.

You met Inuzuka Kiba in your second week of school, after you'd made your rounds of the classroom and finally settled in with Shikamaru and Chouji again. He was in the back row with them, until the two of you had an argument over whether or not a) you smell like cats, b) this is a good or bad thing, c) you smell like a girl, and d) whether or not Kiba's partner Akamaru minds any of this.

(He doesn't. Kiba is just jealous that you give better scratches.)

Now Kiba's in the front row where the teacher can keep an eye on him and his little dog too, and you got a note sent home about your temper.

Apparently half a month sitting next to Sasuke has somehow convinced the wild boy there are worse qualities a person can have than smelling like a girl. You wonder what they might be.

Well, you have a cheering section. What now?

[X] Don't disappoint them; let's liven up this dance with a little offensive action. Nail 'im right in the kisser!

[X} Don't disappoint them; let's liven up this dance with some new steps - namely, Sasuke's. Steal that style!

[X} Don't disappoint them; let's liven up this dance with TROLLING~ BEAUTIFUL TROLLING~!

[X} Don't disappoint them; let's liven up this dance with some new steps - namely, Sasuke's. Steal that style!

Oh boy, here we goooooo~

[X] Don't disappoint them; let's liven up this dance with some new steps - namely, Sasuke's. Steal that style!
We're Lupin the Third. How can we NOT choose this one?

I want to steal Sasukes style to use as our own, but then I remember. We're Lupin. Reincarnated, yes, but still Lupin. Trolling is our bread and butter, our meat and drink we can't Not Troll!

[X} Don't disappoint them; let's liven up this dance with TROLLING~ BEAUTIFUL TROLLING~!

Darik29 said:
I want to steal Sasukes style to use as our own, but then I remember. We're Lupin. Reincarnated, yes, but still Lupin. Trolling is our bread and butter, our meat and drink we can't Not Troll!

How is stealing the Uchiha fighting style not trolling?

Think about it. This is a clan of copycats, who are super-proud of their copycat eye.

And then we do just as well or even better, without it.

If you'll recall, your reaction to an explanation of the effects of a normal Sharingan was, "... there are eyes that don't do that?" o_O

the Uchiha are going to be pissed off beyond belief.

[X] Don't disappoint them; let's liven up this dance with some new steps - namely, Sasuke's. Steal that style!

Oh. Oh Wow. Okay then, I guess I was wrong. Lets show ourselves as a Prodigy! That's what stealing Sasukes style in front of him would do. We can take his style and practice it Later, I personally just wanna mess with him.

Admittedly, I'm equally fine with stealing his style, just thought I should point out the consequences of the action.

[X] Learn the style. Use our newfound knowledge to interrupt him whenever he switches smoothly from form to form.

Darik29 said:
Oh. Oh Wow. Okay then, I guess I was wrong. Lets show ourselves as a Prodigy! That's what stealing Sasukes style in front of him would do. We can take his style and practice it Later, I personally just wanna mess with him.

Admittedly, I'm equally fine with stealing his style, just thought I should point out the consequences of the action.
I'm pretty sure the non-prodigy ship sailed back when Dad was having conversations with us before we could talk. What repercussions are you envisioning here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back