• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

FurikoMaru said:
Champloo-ryu (Basic) - Need a cool new way to hit someone? Use that fancy punch someone threw at you last week. Taijutsu moves you have stolen/modified for personal use include those from the following styles/schools (styles in which you could be said to be properly proficient are marked with asterisks):
-> Konoha Ninja Academy Style
-> Uchiha Family Style
-> Jyuuken
-> Art of the Harmonious Spirit - aka Your Things Are My Things

And the Takazono are Takae-sensei's side of the family.

I like Jiven's, but I'd rather boost this

[X] Expand your sensing range. (<- Boost)
[X] Improve your sewing and mask-making. Hey, if you wanna work in infiltration, you need to be the best.
[X] Tessen.

Outside of training, who do you hang with most?
[X] Shikamaru

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, it had occurred to me that Jiraiya might be having an unpleasant encounter with Ami's father for this, but I totally forgot to bring it up. Sucks to be him~

[X] Refine Shikoku Fuuin! Use it on toast, for god's sake!
[X] Expand your sensing range.
[X] Improve your sewing and mask-making. Hey, if you wanna work in infiltration, you need to be the best.
-[X] Memory palace boost

[X] Shikamaru

Thinking about it:
[X] Sensing Range
[X] Tessen
[X] MUSIC! [x] Memory boost.

[X]Menka

Shikoku Fuuin is nice, but I'd like to know a bit more on sealing before trying to play with it. Not so much because it is risky in itself, but I'd rather avoid making accidental seals for now. :p

Music: We are still young, and can afford to train it. It's also very useful as far as infiltration go, because it would give us instant cover a lot of the time. :p

-[X] Memory palace boost

[X] Shikamaru

[X] Practice Art of the Harmonious Spirit with Ami and Menka - let's see how it holds up against chakra-reinforcement.
[x]Palace

Time to vote for the Underdog
[X] Kiba (isn't it sad, Kitchen?)

[X] Learn more about the Takazono.
Remember our outrage about them kicking out mom? We shall be having WORDS.

[X] Kiba (isn't it sad, Kitchen?)
We need a filthy-minded boy friend.

FurikoMaru said:
... why does her recognizing the ring lead you to suspect she recognized the Interpol pin?

And, well, as to whether she's a crook or not... you do know she's a poison expert, right? That means she's been an accessory to murder countless times.

Because it was early morning and I was confused. >_< My brain tells me I was on to something, but it isn't being terribly helpful in remembering what.

FurikoMaru said:
... why does her recognizing the ring lead you to suspect she recognized the Interpol pin?

And, well, as to whether she's a crook or not... you do know she's a poison expert, right? That means she's been an accessory to murder countless times.
Not necessarily. If she only sells poison to licensed ninja she's perfectly inside the law, it's just that the law allow assassinations in certain contexts. :p

The difference, as it were, between someone who shanks people in back alleys for pocket change and James Bond.

[X] Practice Art of the Harmonious Spirit with Ami and Menka - let's see how it holds up against chakra-reinforcement.

[X] Shikamaru

-[X] Memory Palace Boost

[X] Hinata

[X] Days of Future Past

There is a tradition in the city of Nakanoyou, dating back to its days as the ninja village Hidden Leaf, that there are certain kanji which are lucky.

The most well-known of these is of course shoku; the city's shops and museums put shoku-decorated wrapping paper on all purchased souvenirs, regardless of whether the contents are edible. (Tourists are strongly discouraged from making jokes about this.)

Among schoolgirls, there is an old folk tale about the Nekobuta, a monster that supposedly terrorized even the ninja of Konohagakure.

Details vary from source to source, but the most popular version has it that the Nekobuta was once a young girl who wandered too far from her parents one day and was possessed by a dying cat demon. The demon at first intended to simply regain its strength and then move on, but it had a weakness for treasure that would prove its downfall. It began secretly marking objects and even people with the kanji for Good Field to claim them, until eventually it was found out and the girl was exorcised.

The tale is most likely derived from stories of the real-life kunoichi Yamanaka Ino, [REDACTED] and [REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED], who was known to leave Finger Carving Seals spelling out her first name on every available surface, including a desk now in the possession of the Ninja Academy Museum that is believed to have been hers; on at least one occasion [REDACTED]. The oldest buildings in Yamato Ward usually have an 'Ino' signature somewhere on them, to the point that finding three of them is one of the requirements for completing the Nakanoyou City Historical Society's annual Scavenger Hunt.

These days, there's a superstition that writing 'good field' on one's possessions will keep them from being lost or stolen, and that scratching it into the back of your locker will attract love letters.

[X] Shadow of a Man

Shikamaru doesn't have as much time as he used to; now that he's no longer 'just a little boy', his mom has really pulled out the stops trying to get him to train. You hide him as best you can when he's on the run (that's what friends are for), but she always finds him eventually.

The two of you are getting frighteningly good at shogi; one day you even beat Shika's dad outright. It's with a handicap, of course, but it feels awesome when you play him the next day and see that that handicap is down to three pieces from yesterday's four.

=

It starts with an offhand comment while he doesn't even have his eyes open. That's how it always starts with Shikamaru.

"It'd help if you used some hard substance to form a second layer. As it is the only thing someone has to do to know your cheekbones aren't where they appear to be is touch your face."

It ends when your Mom has to separate you two after face-poking for science turns into face-poking to get this jerk to stop poking me in the face.

=

You are now in your third year at the Academy. Having seen your new facility with Shikoku Fuuin, Dad has reluctantly granted you permission to start learning D- and E-rank jutsu not yet covered by the Academy.

[X] FUCK YEAH HENGE TIME!
[X] The Shunshin!
[X] Bunshin - instant distractions? Oh, my, yes.
[X] Kawarimi - aka, fuck that, you deal with him, Mr Log.
[X] Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique - genjutsu is where you show the most promise, after all.

Also, friend-time?

[X] Who?

----------

Short chapter tonight, because I've decided to fix my sleep schedule. Also, I'll level with you, the rest of the Academy is most likely to be one actual arc bookended by a bunch of short training updates and timeskips and fluff, and I doubt it'll last longer than another five days out-of-world. Is everyone cool with that?

So because Kishi prefers katakana to make everything look cooler and I'm a big ol' nerd, I get to rule that Ino's first name is formally written 良野. And now you know why she felt the need to add furigana to Jiraiya's Ino-tag.

[X] Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique - genjutsu is where you show the most promise, after all.
[X]Menka

Cool with me

[X] Menka

[X] FUCK YEAH HENGE TIME!
[x]Kiba

[X] Kawarimi - aka, fuck that, you deal with him, Mr Log.

[X] Hinata

[X]Hinata

Yes. I don't think we've ever voted to hang out with Kiba.

Indeed you haven't. :( Why, I do not know. Are you like Dio-sama, who has an aversion to da puppies because they're cuter than he is so subservient?

[X] The Shunshin!
[X] Kiba

I feel the NEED for SPEED.

Ino's never gonna wanna stop here.

[X] The Shunshin!
[X] Be a good penpal! A letter every day keeps boredom loneliness away~

SOunds like a plan.

[1] FUCK YEAH HENGE TIME!
[2] The Shunshin!
[2] Bunshin - instant distractions? Oh, my, yes.
[1] Kawarimi - aka, fuck that, you deal with him, Mr Log.
[1] Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique - genjutsu is where you show the most promise, after all.

[2] Kiba
[2] Menka
[2] Hinata

[1] Be a good penpal! A letter every day keeps boredom loneliness away~

[X] Shunshin
[X] Kiba n' pets

Can we have something that will not be covered in the academy anyway? Well, except for Hell's Viewing technique?

Also:
[X] Hinata

Users who are viewing this thread

Back