• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
So, can we still sense her? Our range is 50 ft, you'd think we'd be able to keep track of her pretty well unless she's going REALLY deep, in which case....why? Maybe she bobby-trapped her own weapons scroll just to be safe?
You can sense her, but you don't have super-strength or any Doton jutsu, so until she emerges there isn't a lot you can do. Plus, a secondary effect of the technique is that while she's underground, she can sense you right back.

Last edited by a moderator:
FurikoMaru said:
You can sense her, but you don't have super-strength or any Doton jutsu. Plus, a secondary effect of the technique is that while she's underground, she can sense you right back.

Wasn't thinking about hitting her back, just keeping track of her so her position isn't a mystery.

I mean, I suppose we could TRY Earth meditation and hope we can jar ourselves before Tenten hits us, but that strikes me as a bad idea. As it is, if we can sense her position and when she's gonna use jutsu, she's gonna have a damn hard time hitting us.

Course, people may figure out we're a sensor from that, which would be bad.

[X] They're here for a show, right? So give 'em a show. Minor explosion tags!

Or we might be able to swing something with our vandalism jutsu? I dunno, that's probably only finger deep.

Guile said:
Or we might be able to swing something with our vandalism jutsu? I dunno, that's probably only finger deep.
For the low-low price of a Z-slash, you can write a large but fairly harmless exploding seal in the form of a haiku directly onto the floor. 8) Super Kami GM will allow this.

It occurs to me...How did we not know about Tenten's new tricks when she's right in our backyard?

Also, I'm callin' a future match-up right now. It may be the prelims, it may be in the finals, but we are not gonna be the one to fight and beat Hyuuga Neji.

Dante!Gaara is gonna be the one to kick his ass.

And stomp his fate ideology into the ground.

I feel comfortable calling it because I can't imagine anyone more entertaining for the job, and therefore Furiko will make it be so because she will have immense fun writing it.

FurikoMaru said:
For the low-low price of a Z-slash, you can write a large but fairly harmless exploding seal in the form of a haiku directly onto the floor. 8) Super Kami GM will allow this.

You tempt me. Oh, but you tempt me.

Alas, Z-Slashes have become much harder to come by and are probably worth saving to use against the really tough guys on stupendous feats, rather than something undeniably stylish but ultimately ineffectual.

Even so....

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
It occurs to me...How did we not know about Tenten's new tricks when she's right in our backyard?
Gai figured out you were doing research on potential opponents and helped her hide while she was practising. Neji and Lee declined the service for personal reasons.

And don't knock style! It will help immeasurably in the hazubando wars.

FurikoMaru said:
Gai figured out you were doing research on potential opponents and helped her hide while she was practising. Neji and Lee declined the service for personal reasons.

Fair enough.

That, I know. Sadly the only audience is Gaara and Kiba. Were this a public arena, I'd probably have broken down and done it already cause hey, the crowds, this is the kind of showing off even civilians can appreciate.

It's just....I dunno. I like some effect to go with my style. We're not even gonna win with this move and the really talented people will probably recognize it as mostly harmless.

Okay, I might consider it, if we can do more for it. We can make it a haiku. So, can we make it so that we've got three detonations for three lines? We blow one, try to disorient Tenten, Tenten thinks we're done and comes up for air.

We blow the second one to hit her as she comes up, and then find a way to position ourselves to hit her back in the direction of the last line so that our knock-out blow is the final line of the haiku.

And each line of the haiku is 'invisible' except right before it blows. People get just enough time to read it before it's gone. Including Tenten.

Can we do that? Cause that's something I'll blow a Z-Slash on, even if it is Tenten.

That is actually close to what I meant by fairly harmless. One that would make her surface, rather than collapse the floor and kill her. Plays into your idiom as a 'finesse'-type ninja.

Well, it's not really a bad use of a Z-slash, if one of you guys with 2 want to use one.

I assume we'd get to use largely harmless explosions with our vandalism jutsu from then on?
FurikoMaru said:
brace-yourselves-the-internet-war-is-coming.jpg

I suppose, given the potential casualty rate among ninja, that they get started early.

FurikoMaru said:
That is actually close to what I meant by fairly harmless. One that would make her surface, rather than collapse the floor and kill her. Plays into your idiom as a 'finesse'-type ninja.

Sounds like exploding tags would make her surface too.

Hmm....so is that 'yes' on whether we can make multiple detonations? Because making her surface, great. Making her read three lines of a haiku and get hit with an explosion three times, possibly by us kicking her back into position? Cause I have the mental image of us getting her hurled up into the air, we grab her while she's disoriented, and than hurl her back at the seal. We have weak strength, but we might compensate by using our legs to do the work for us.

Actually, true style would be one detonation that forces her up, and then three detonations to knock her around and finish her off. Tenten, and everyone else, gets to read our haiku as we use explosions to KO Tenten.

I am assuming Tenten is tough enough that this won't seriously injure her though. If it would, not such a good idea. I don't want to pull a Temari on Tenten.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Sounds like exploding tags would make her surface too.
Yep. But it wouldn't be as cool.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Actually, true style would be one detonation that forces her up, and then three detonations to knock her around and finish her off. Tenten, and everyone else, gets to read our haiku as we use explosions to KO Tenten.
Hey, sure. As long as you're spending a Z-slash it better be on something good, right?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I am assuming Tenten is tough enough that this won't seriously injure her though. If it would, not such a good idea. I don't want to pull a Temari on Tenten.
Oh, Tenten's tough. She can take a few knocks.

Harmless explosions whenever we want sounds pretty neat. You never know when you might lose your inventory, right? And it'd be good for entrances.
Intro03.PNG

If we get to keep the ability afterwards, sure, I'll use my Z-slash on it.

Then we can start working on variations!
akiba16a.jpg

FurikoMaru said:
Hey, sure. As long as you're spending a Z-slash it better be on something good, right?

My thoughts exactly. If I'm gonna spend one, I want it to be REALLY damn stylish and be effective.

Oh, Tenten's tough. She can take a few knocks.

Superb.

All right. I'll spend one, for the lulz. I'll still have one and one third left and this will make a really good showing without giving anything vital away.

[X] Z-Slash used
[X] Let's get Shikoku Fuuin up in this bitch

[X] Suggestions for maximum style:
-[X] Title and haiku to detonate. Title forces Tenten up, each line of the haiku is an explosion to knock her around.
-[X] Each charge is only visible to Tenten and the audience before detonation
-[X] Penultimate charge hurls Tenten up in the air, you hurl her back down at the last charge. Hey, you can't do the Shadow of the Dancing Leaf or the Initial Lotus, but you can improvise. Quite nicely, if you don't say so yourself.
-[X] Blow Tenten a kiss as you send her flying
-[X] Tenten sees every line of the haiku before it blows her up. And you blowing her a kiss.
-[X] You catch Tenten right before she falls for the final time. Say when you hurled Tenten at the charge, you hit the ceiling or walls to push off of.
-[X] Snap open tessen, fan yourself in victory. "Is it hot in here, or is it just me?"

-[X] Or just angle the last explosion to hurl her back into her seat with her team.

Well, unless Guile wants to use his. But I don't mind, if we get a new skill and we get to hit the high notes above. Initial Lotus, Explosions Style yo! Or Shadow of the Exploding Leaf. Either or, long as the Z-Slash goes towards awesome AND winning the match.

[X] Hop up onto the handseal statue against the far wall and suppress your chakra. She's got to come back up sometime.

Guile said:
Harmless explosions whenever we want sounds pretty neat. You never know when you might lose your inventory, right? And it'd be good for entrances.

Well....it's harmless in the sense that it doesn't kill the girl underground. I suspect it'll still pack quite the wallop if you stand right next to it above ground.

Would be an interesting way to make an entrance. Deidara would love us for sure.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
-[X] Tenten sees every line of the haiku before it blows her up. And you blowing her a kiss.

Blowing her a kiss seems a bit too taunting?

-[X] You catch Tenten right before she falls for the final time. Say when you hurled Tenten at the charge, you hit the ceiling or walls to push off of.
-[X] Snap open tessen, fan yourself in victory. "Is it hot in here, or is it just me?"

Is she actually going to be knocked out by that or will she just go "It's just you" and then punch us out since we're holding her?

katreus said:
Blowing her a kiss seems a bit too taunting?

Like a haiku as an explosion isn't already.

Is she actually going to be knocked out by that or will she just go "It's just you" and then punch us out since we're holding her?

There is a reason I listed them as suggestions. It's a Z-Slash though, so I expect things to go pretty well. It's only Tenten, not a jounin, and it'd be after she gets thrown into an explosion. I imagine we'd be in pretty good shape.

EDIT: Did go back and add an alternative possibility. Just angle the throw and explosion to land her back in her seat out of the arena. If we can.

I'd just like this to be a lead-up to a stylish win for the prelims.

FurikoMaru said:
[X] Say it's me that you want to dismember
The Masochism Tango by Tom Lehrer.
Fun little ditty.

FurikoMaru said:
"This is perfect," Tenten says, a satisfied smile on her face. "I didn't think I'd get the chance to face you again so soon. It's a shame there isn't a bigger audience, but it's no big deal. Either way-" she points at you dramatically. "Prepare yourself, Yamanaka Ino! This day I won't lose!"
The first half is a Severus Snape quote from Order of the Phoenix movie(Prepare Yourself!).
And "I Won't Lose!" is a quote from one of the Pokemon theme songs, as well as it's name.

But I swear I've seen both sentences used as a single catchphrase before in shonen.
Ranma perhaps? Or Fairy Tale?
It's bugging me.
Anyone?
FurikoMaru said:
A long strand of ninja wire wraps itself around your wrists.
"I gotcha, ya little bastard," Tenten growls, turning around and holding up the other end in her left hand, "let's see you try to hop around now."
This one I'm sure of.
Marv to Kevin, Sin City.
One more reference to acquire my second Z-slash.

uju32 said:
The first half is a Severus Snape quote from Order of the Phoenix movie(Prepare Yourself!).
And "I Won't Lose!" is a quote from one of the Pokemon theme songs, as well as it's name.

But I swear I've seen both sentences used as a single catchphrase before in shonen.
Every shounen ever, basically.

FurikoMaru said:
Every shounen ever, basically.
Oh, I know.
But that specific sentence construction and situation - old rival appears and uses those specific words- is familiar in a way that niggles at my hindbrain.
Maybe I'll remember in time.

So do people really prefer hiding up on the wall to even explosive tags?

Honestly, I'm willing to use a Z-Slash for a stylish victory and maybe learn a new trick, but there's a reason I listed all my ideas as suggestions. I'd like it to be as awesome as possible, and I want it to go towards winning us the fight along with a fun idea. Guile's the only one who's even voted for normal explosive tags, which would also force Tenten to surface.

People seriously just want to sit and wait, and let Tenten do whatever her back-up plan is?

FurikoMaru said:
Neji and Lee declined the service for personal reasons.
I just noticed this.
Lee I understand; we trained with him.
But Neji? Why?
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
That, I know. Sadly the only audience is Gaara and Kiba.
In the light of his unexpected compliment back when we were recreating Zenigata, you might want to include Neji there.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
So do people really prefer hiding up on the wall to even explosive tags?
Oh yeah, votes.

[X]Plan Hymn
With Guile, that makes 3 votes.
Just no blowing kisses; seems simultaneously tacky and taunting.

uju32 said:
In the light of his unexpected compliment back when we were recreating Zenigata, you might want to include Neji there.

Eh, Gaara and Kiba are the only routes currently unlocked, and Neji didn't exactly appreciate us showing off in the exam. I'm sure he's a potential route, just not one we've 'unlocked'. And I doubt us showing off so flamboyantly is the way to his heart.

But I suppose one could argue his place on the list. Although while we're at it we might as well be throwing Chouji and Shikamaru on the pile.

uju32 said:
Oh yeah, votes.

[X]Plan Hymn
With Guile, that makes 3 votes.

Mmm...Guile wasn't an official vote for it, but probably close enough.

Just no blowing kisses; seems simultaneously tacky and taunting.

That sounds like Lupin.

But I saw leave it in the hands of Furiko. I gave suggestions with the intent she decide what worked best for maximum effect.

Oh, sweet. Thank katreus.

Well, here's hoping we still manage to fit in some banter with Tenten in between tossing her around. She's not gonna like us and probably never will, and we just nicked her stuff, but it would be fun.

.....If this is our next action, does this mean we prepared explosive runes today?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Eh, Gaara and Kiba are the only routes currently unlocked, and Neji didn't exactly appreciate us showing off in the exam. I'm sure he's a potential route, just not one we've 'unlocked'. And I doubt us showing off so flamboyantly is the way to his heart.
Pfft.
Neji is a tsundere.
His words don't match his actions very often; as canon!Naruto pointed out, why struggle to surpass the Main Branch if you truly believe Fate rules your life?
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
But I suppose one could argue his place on the list. Although while we're at it we might as well be throwing Chouji and Shikamaru on the pile.
Doubt these two.
More sibling than love interest.
Any of the others are possible though.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
That sounds like Lupin.
But I saw leave it in the hands of Furiko. I gave suggestions with the intent she decide what worked best for maximum effect.
But not like Ino, who is trying to improve on Lupin.
Admittedly, not always successfully, but she's off to a good start.
But yeah, let's leave it to the GM.

FurikoMaru said:
Vance can eat my dick. You're doing this on the fly.

Oh my~

You know, this could be a really good opportunity to goad others into revealing more tricks. Have such an outrageous, over the top, stylish victory, and then imply that anyone who can't match our accomplishment is a lesser shinobi or so weak they have to hoard their tricks rather than show them off.

Not with those exact words, but if we can browbeat people into showing off or admitting they're not good enough to show off, and I suspect Gaara may back us on this declaration, we might peer pressure everyone into showing more than they want to.

Or at least the monsters of the exam. Be a shame to force our allies into overextending themselves, but the people who can afford to show off? If we make style the standard of above-and-beyond skill in this chunin exam....

Well, it'd be a very fun precedent to start in order. Potentially.

uju32 said:
Pfft.
Neji is a tsundere.
His words don't match his actions very often; as canon!Naruto pointed out, why struggle to surpass the Main Branch if you truly believe Fate rules your life?

Fair enough.

Doubt these two.
More sibling than love interest.
Any of the others are possible though.

Ehhhh, it wouldn't surprise me terribly much.

But not like Ino, who is trying to improve on Lupin.

Wait, when has Ino stated it's her goal to improve on Lupin? I definitely see Ino aiming to be the best, but nothing about surpassing Lupin. Particularly because Lupin is herself, they're different aspects of the same being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back