• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Devil Devil (A Vasto Lorde SI in Chainsaw Man)

For now it's a very interesting fic, I usually prefer "weak to strong" stories but sometimes it's good to read something about an MC OP doing interesting things.

Fuck This...
So, I've been forced to write this by my superiors due to me being touted as the 'Strongest Devil Hunter' or whatever the hell people call me nowadays.

So let's get on with it.

… A short lesson for all the amateur Devil Hunters out there.

Fear comes in various forms, and all its forms come with varying levels of intensity—which is how you react to it. That same could be said about Devils: knowing the kind of fear a Devil represents, goes a long way in determining how you beat it to death—I mean slaughter its ass.

Pick whatever semantic that tickles your balls.

Then again, I'm sure you neophytes must learned that in middle school, so let's get down to the core matter, shall we?

There are various classes of Devils.

That I'm sure you know.

The class that all requires a broomstick or a stab to the head.

The class requires combatable personnel.

The class that requires at least a full squad of combat-able personnel.

The class requires a full squad of compatible personnel with Devil Contracts.

The class that requires elite (read fucking abnormal) personnel.

The class that requires an army.

The class that requires prayers... Yeah, I'm not joking about the last one. All those affected by this class of Devil -the one that goes pew, pew, pew- would understand what I am talking about.

Hmm…

Alright, enough with the depressing talk. Anyways, the question now is; how do you recognize them?

The answer is simple; their sizes and shapes.

Small (too-bad try-again) Devils can be easily beaten provided that you have the advantage of knowing where they all come from and possess decent equipment or martial skill.

The (medium-rare) big ones are always the ones with middle-class firepower. You have to be in a group to fight those kinds of freaks, but there's no need to worry. Their method of attack are simple; punch, squash, stab, squeeze, and so on and forth. You've just got to stay away from their grasp while doing the traditional 'cut it to death' and you'll be fine.

Although there are special cases amongst this class of Devils—that's all about the luck of the draw. So you've got to be entering your fights with a level head in other to properly access the situation.

As for the larger class, (building-size-rare), you've got to have three things to even be capable of properly participating in the fight; accurate knowledge of the kind of fear the Devil represents, combat-able teammates of at least, 5 or more, who can carry you through the fight, and a Devil Contract.

The last one is a must because that will help you to easily even the odds.

Army-level Devils (ultra-super-rare), well, as its name implies, you need to have an army to even dent it. Even then, you will be looking at an untold number of deaths. So all you've gotta be hoping as you enter a fight of that caliber is that it isn't going to be you that's to be the next unidentifiable mashed tomato.

Eh, but that's the joy of the draw, right?

Concerning the kind of Devils that require prayers, (super-ultra-mega-rare-extra-repeat), well, what can I say except good luck? Identifying those kinds of Devils is easy, as most -read 'most' not 'all'- tout their name and kind for any poor bastards to hear.

Those kinds are usually intelligent, even more than us humans. Luckily, most are of a 'one-track' mind. They look at you with a smile on their faces as they thoughtlessly tear apart your stomach and then eat your guts while expecting to hear a thank you.

Identifying those types is easy, those kind of Devils comes in two forms; the colossal large and the humanoid.

The former will thoughtlessly kill you and won't care—then again, that's typical of the normal Devil. The later... I don't want to say anything that will incriminate me.

Fuck it... To anyone reading this—be they, Devil Hunter or some civilian grunt; remember this.

They look like us. They smile at us. They walk among us.

But always remember...

They are certainly not for us.

An unedited excerpt from 'Devil Hunting for Twerps' by *

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

While it was true that Kishibe had been expecting a tough fight -the cloud-splitting slash and large Crocodile Devil outside spoke volumes of the Devil's strength- he had not been expecting it to be like this.

"Urgh!"

With a loud * bam, Kishibe found himself acquainted with a wall at the other side of the mall.

'What the fuck happened?' His thoughts went haywire at the sudden procession of events.

Kishibe forcefully grunted, shaking away the dizziness and head ringing. His entire body rattled in pain, though surprisingly, none of his bones felt broken despite being punted hard enough to get stuck in a wall. Kishibe knew that his physical specs were above the norm amongst his fellow humans.

He could punch hard enough to dent an 8-inch steel. Fast enough to evade a hail of bullets. Tough enough to withstand a truck barreling against him - though he doesn't want to experience the last one ever again.

But above all else, Kishibe is still human.

Punching steel still hurts. Evading bullets takes more focus than what he uses when taking a dump. The truck, well... A moment of stupidity that won't be repeating itself.

Hitting a wall as hard as Kishibe just did should have broken more than a few bones, or at least, pushed his body to the brink of consciousness. But here he is pulling himself out of the wall, while still in pain, but at least still conscious enough to do that.

'Did I level up my physical specs without me knowing...? No, that's not it.' Pulling himself out and brushing away the dust on his person, Kishibe narrowed his eyes as he stared at the figure confidently strutting out of the eatery. 'That Devil... It did something just as soon as it hit me.'

Just as soon as the fight began, and Kishibe was about to make his move. The Devil teleported—no, moved, it wasn't some fancy power. The Devil had moved and shoved him with a glowing palm.

Kishibe had the feeling that what had mitigated the damage done to him was the glow around its palm. What had punted across the mall was a simple palm toss.

'Palm toss... Fuck, that rules out any possibilities of fancy tricks. His sheer strength and speed are greater than mine. What to do? What to do?'

Spitting to the side, Kishibe dipped a hand into his jacket and produced a knife. It wasn't an ordinary knife despite its lackluster appearance. It was the physical manifestation of a Devil Contract Kishibe had made with the Knife Devil.

He still had four other Devil Contracts in his sleeve, but the Knife was his personal favorite for melee combat—two which he had would bring about collateral affecting the civilians still hiding in the mall and the last wouldn't be of much help against this unknown Devil.

Kishibe would like the think that it was the sight of his Devil Contract that brought the Devil to a standstill while looking at him in shock. But the look the Devil threw at him wasn't shock born out of fear—it was shock born out of exasperation.

"Kishibe..." The Devil said. "You're Kishibe, right?"

'Now how does he even know about me?' Kishibe thought, but outwardly replied. "Well, well. Seems like I can tick that off my bucket list. Since I'm already famous in Hell as even a Devil like you knows about me?"

"You've gotta' be fucking kidding me."

The Devil exhaled as it looked at him with an examining eye. It grinned, placing an arm behind its back while the other was pointed at Kishibe, raised. Beckoning him.

"Come. Show me what one of the best of Humanity has to offer."

Huffing, Kishibe shook his head. A smile unconsciously formed on his face.

Only one thing left to do now, is there?

With a kick start, 25 meters vanished in a second as Kishibe cleared the distance with a knife poised in a slash.

Kishibe won't be taking a slice out of this Devil because he had been directed to do so by his superiors. It would be to wipe that smug smirk off its ugly face.

Humanity ain't that helpless, you know.

But the knife met with resistance, stuck in the palm of the grinning Devil. But Kishibe already expected this. He wasn't stupid enough to believe having a Devil Contract was enough to instantly grant him this match.

'Match...' Kishibe tilted his head in bemusement. 'Why the hell am I having a match with a Devil of all things?'

The Devil's palm snaked across the knife aiming for another blow to the gut. But Kishibe pushed himself back gaining space.

It is holding back. The fact that Kishibe could see its palm approaching said as much.

Better this way…

"Release your restrictions," Kishibe whispered. "… Knife Devil."

There was no explosion of sounds or blare of lightning. But the knife glinted as if something had changed. Well, even a civilian could tell that much from the sudden red aura the blade gave off.

With a slash, Kishibe cut his palm.

"Drink my blood and that of my enemies."

A whisper that came from nowhere and everywhere replied.

[Accepted]

Many in the Bureau had made Contracts with the Knife Devil, but none could truly utilize its power like Kishibe.

"Oh..." The Devil was intrigued—but not deterred. "Seems that you'll make an even better warmup than I'd expected"

Kishibe was already on the move.

[Lacerate]

A slash and red glinted as the Devil lazily hopped away from the gashing arc that tore the ground. Kishibe hotly pursued not giving it a chance to recuperate while sending slash after slash against it.

Luckily, an arc caught the Devil sending it sailing through the air and smashing against the wall on the second floor while leaving a nasty slash on the wall.

Not enough.

True to his thoughts, the dust cleared and the Devil revealed itself wall-walking while looking down at him.

"Seriously, what kind of Devil am I dealing with?"

Flipping, Kishibe deftly kicked his knife's handle sending sailing at the Devil at bullet-like speeds. The Devil slapped the knife away. Sighing, Kishibe jumped and in one movement made it to the second floor with knives resting on both his hands.

One sweet thing about a Contract with the Knife Devil is that one won't be low on knives, anytime soon.

Spinning the glowing blades, Kishibe rushed to meet the Devil in a melee.

Sparks showered as steel grated against flesh but did no visible damage to it.

Grunting, Kishibe weathered a glancing blow, torso throbbing in pain, but it wasn't fatal.

It's still holding back... Fuck.

'Hmm?' Kishibe blinked. 'Since when have I ever been this competitive?'

Huffing, Kishibe threw his knives in the air and with a rising kick sent them after the Devil. But to the Hunter's surprise, the Devil grabbed blades and sent them back with more velocity.

Flipping, Kishibe dodged the two ruby streaks.

'Good. Let's see it dodge this one.'

The fight with the Devil persisted with Kishibe showering the amused Devil with blows that it brushed off, all the while withstanding blows that logically showed had caved in his torso. It wasn't easy, that Kishibe would readily admit, though that doesn't mean he would give up.

He still hasn't exhausted all his cards.

Soon enough, it was ready. The reward for his efforts.

The small knives in Kishibe's hand squirmed and changed into a butcher knife straight out of a horror movie -blood dripping and all.

'Using the knife like this takes a lot out of me... I'll wring out a higher pay from the upper-ups for this.'

But that couldn't stop the small smile on Kishibe's face from widening.

When was the last time he had even gotten his blood to pump this much? When was the last time he had ever had to reach this level to fight a Devil...? Eh, the second part is all about luck. But even so, the Devil would have sustained a staggering amount of injuries by now.

Hah... This is fun—being on the struggling side for once.

There was a whistle in the air. It wasn't one that melody or joyful biddings. It spoke of death—a painful death.

The Devil paused, regarding the floating blades menacingly pointed at it.

"Heh~ so that's where the knives vanished. So what are you gonna do now? Pincer me?"

Kishibe simply shrugged. "Basically yes... Cut him up nice for me, Knife Devil."

[Slice 'n Dice! Rip 'im to Shreds! Tear 'im Apart!]

Smiling, the Devil clenched its fist. "You're an interesting dance partner… Allow me to show you my magic trick."

Kishibe -for the first time in Devil Hunting- ignored the bad feeling welling up in his guts.

For some reason, the air felt heavy -oppressive even. But Kishibe decided to ignore whatever was about to happen next in favor of putting his entire weight behind this blow.

"Ultra-rare-hyper-giga-extreme..."

The crimson rain of steel glinted down in a piercing whistle.

"Hyper, again... Super Punch!"

What happened next was, well... Hilarious.

The Devil swung its fist up and from it were visible Mach cones.

The knives vaporized. The ground and windows were blown in bits. Kishibe... Flew bee before a storm.

While in the air, Kishibe considered his other Contracts—immediately, dismissing the consideration as soon as it appeared.

Even now, Kishibe could still tell it was holding back. Throughout the entire fight, the Devil had been playing with him.

Funnily enough, what ceased Kishibe's will to fight was the Devil's demeanor.

Throughout the entire fight, Kishibe hadn't been able to sense any bad vibe from it. Oh, of course, it had given him a thrashing but he considered it fair.

Even he would give anyone who wants to take him to some government without his will, the thrashing of their lives.

"I like him even more than the little vixen."

Soon enough, Kishibe was once again acquitted to a familiar wall in the mall.

Only this time, there was no magic voodoo to ease the pain.

'Fuck... I'll be having my larger pay or next time it's boycotting.'

* Bam! *

Last edited:
That was great and all, but you have the chapter twice in the post, otherwise great stuff.

Just Before it Begins
Dear Emiya Shiro,

If this letter of mine makes it to you wherever you are -it would be awesome if that were the case. I want to begin by informing you that I am a human who has been altered into a Devil…

Talk about unbelievable, right?

Look, I'm sure you would think of this as some sort of joke and throw this letter away. Which is fine by me. But I'm very serious about this. I am not some fictional conjuration from a chunnibyou's imagination.

Which as a chunnibyou myself should mean a lot.

I am a literal Devil… Or maybe some kind of super ghost if you want to get technical.

… … Okay, now I feel stupid for beginning like this, but eh~ who cares?

Hah… Alright, let's keep the tires rolling.

Now I'm sure you're wondering why I am writing to you, especially…

The truth is that I am not quite sure myself.

I had originally planned on writing to Spider-Man. But considering where I am and the theme of the situation I am in. Anime and all. I feel like you are the next best and possible choice.

There's also your core ecchi—ahem, I mean psychological anecdote.

Your determination. Your suffering. Your drama… Man, I salute you.

Oh, yeah… Now I remember why I had written this in the first place.

I wanted to ask you as a not-so-big-fan of yours; how do you do it?

Honestly, while I am sure your dream is quite a noble one -for a noble (un)death that is. I still can't help but marvel at what goes through that head of yours as you punish yourself while saying it's for others.

Now here's the part where you say; I do it for everyone's happiness, and I won't and don't want to argue about your stance. If your result couldn't change your decision then I sure as hell cannot.

Besides, It's not my decision. It's not even my local universe.

Hell, it's not even my story.

It's yours, and with that, I've decided that I'll be living for myself. Of course, I'll be doing the 'saving' and the 'rescuing' and the 'fix-it'. But I'll be doing it on my terms.

Not as a Hero and certainly not as a Devil.

But as Takehiro Akira; a Human Vasto Lorde.

Ah, crap. Sounds cringe now that I am reading it to myself...

Till, next time…

Yours Unfaithfully,

The Hollow Devil…

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

An insignificant weight settled on my leg as Akane-chan crawled over and made herself comfortable.

Watching the little girl, I still couldn't fathom what was going through that mind of hers as she was slowly but surely making herself comfortable while being close to what ostensibly appeared to be a Devil.

Not that I'm one, exactly.

I've been hearing the frightened whispers of the people hidden in the mall more times than I would have liked to hear. They all think that Akane-chan is also a Devil, herself.

Not sure how they came to such a conclusion—eh, scratch that.

I can see how they came to such a conclusion with Akane-chan's behavior and all.

Akane-chan's eyes peered down at the sheet of paper on the table.

"What are you writing?"

"Nothing, exactly." I huffed and without any further explanation folded the sheet into a paper plane. "Just… A little urge of mine to scribble some nonsense while you ate."

Spiritual energy gathered, infusing the sheet as I took aim upwards and in blurring speeds, set the paper construct for a course of no return.

I huffed in amusement. "Heh, maybe it will fly to Mr. EX Protagonistas and knock some common sense into him."

Akane-chan made a confused noise, but I smiled –not like it could show on a face like mine- and ruffled her hair.

By the table side, the Claymore Devil writhed. "Alright, the girl's eaten and you've finished writing whatever the hell it is that you want to write. So what's next, Boss?"

"Next we go on a little trip…" I froze as a sudden thought came to me. "Wait… Wait. Wait. Wait… Dammit, I haven't considered that, have I?"

Originally, I had intended on nabbing Denji from the Yakuzas and showing him the good life. A middle finger to canon as I turn it into a pretzel.

I still plan on doing so, only there's one small problem.

Where does Denji live at the moment?

While it is true that I now possess the physiology of a Vasto Lorde with all its spiritual properties. The one thing that didn't come with the package was an Eidetic Memory.

I remember most of the major happenings in the Chainsaw Man manga. But the small bits still elude me.

'Did the manga even give any information about Denji's original residence in the first place?'

Grunting, I placed an edged finger on the table and began tapping it incessantly.

"So, about the trip?" Claymore Devil hesitantly asked, its voice betrayed the nervousness it had at my disgruntled aura.

"That'll be put on hold... For now." I replied. "But in the meantime, I'll have to figure out how to deal with that guy over there."

I gestured at the human mass situated near the window.

To outside observers, the human would have looked like an ordinary man catching some shuteye. But to me, it was plain old Kishibe nursing his head while dealing with a nasty case of headache.

"So how are you hanging over there, old man?"

Kishibe groggily raised his head and stared at me with tired eyes.

"One; do I look okay after that ridiculous punch of yours? And two; come on, I'm just over 28."

Surprisingly, it was Akane-chan who had a comeback for that. "So that means you're an uncle, then."

My chuckle turned into a chortle as I saw Kishibe flinch at those words.

"Sharp words you've got there, little girl."

"Oi, watch the tone, Uncle," I said, pulling Akane-chan closer. "Nice wordplay, Akane-chan. Now why don't you go around and pick whatever you want while I have a little chat with Uncle Kishibe, here."

Akane-chan looked up at me. "Won't take long?"

"Yeah, I promise."

A sigh suddenly came out from my lips as I watched Akane-chan ambled towards the ice cream section in the restaurant.

Canon aside, I have to say; that Akane-chan is a brave child. Braver than I could ever be. Hell, I don't know how I would feel if I had been the one to watch my parents die.

'Heh. Probably would have gone berserk by now.'

"Rough day for the kid," Kishibe said in a drone tone. "I've seen the vids from the security footage. It's not something a kid like her is supposed to see. Eh, on second thought, it's an inevitability a kid like her is gonna see—not like a Devil like you could understand, either way"

"Yeah…" I cleared my throat while sitting up. "You're probably right."

Considering how lives are easily wasted in canon, I figure Kishibe is most likely right.

But it seems Kishibe hadn't expected my agreement as he raised an eyebrow while staring at me with a disturbing intensity.

Hell, even the Claymore Devil felt nonplussed by that.

"Can we kill him, boss?"

I flicked a [Raiko] kido at the living weapon.

"Gyaaah!"

"No, we do not."

"Yeah… Got it."

"You…" Kishibe, who wasn't disturbed by what just happened, said. "You sure you're a Devil and not some escaped Frankenstein monster from the Soviets?"

I reclined and folded my arms. "And what makes you say that?"

"What makes me?" Kishibe incredibly parroted back.

"For one, it would explain a lot of the strange quirks I've picked up on you. I've been killing Devils even before I'd able to understand the word 'masturbation'. And that means, seeing all your kind has to offer. It's not hard for me to have an idea of what they're thinking. You thought I can't seem to place you anywhere on my Devil catalog."

"Maybe, it's because you can't kill me, and trying to do so would only be asking for some ass whopping."

"There's also that." Kishibe easily shrugged in agreement. "But at the same time. Nah~. You lack that innate wickedness I'm used to seeing in Devils. At first, I thought you were into kids and stuff like that. Now, I'm not so sure what to think."

"… … Kishibe, for the sake of your teeth, I'm happy you hadn't gone far with that perverse thought. By the way, why don't you sound glad about that? Judging from your tone, it's like you're laying out the worst-case scenario."

Sighing, Kishibe cradled his head as he fished out a small can from his jacket and took a sip.

"It is the worst-case scenario. You see, everyone has a little wickedness in them. Devils and humans. There's no difference in that. It's merely the former are more liberal about their desires. But at the same time, that's what makes them all too easy to deal with. Extermination, subjugation, and servitude. These are the three modulus operand the world today utilize when dealing with Devils. You, on the other hand, are a total enigma."

Kishibe pointed a finger at me.

"… I'm not sure if Japan has the means to exterminate you. It's not like we don't have trump cards of our own, it's just a feeling of mine that this country would be looking at a death toll higher than the Gun Devil's if we go down that path."

My lips twitched half in amusement and the other in horror.

It's not like I couldn't see where Kishibe is coming from. Judging my actions over the past few hours or so, I can tell that I am different. Which meant my response to outside stimuli now wouldn't be like before.

Back at the park, it took only a few seconds for me to calm myself from slicing and dicing those policemen into bits. At that very moment, they were no different from the Mosquito Devil I had just killed.

'I wonder if that's the inner wickedness in me.'

Meanwhile, Japan's strongest Devil Hunter continued.

"Subjugation… Wouldn't put much hope in that, and as for servitude—I still can't figure out what your deal is so that's a risk Japan won't take."

The claymore shook as if its dweller had something to say, only to hold it off at the last minute.

Ignoring that, I took the Devil Hunter's words to heart. All Kishibe had said had been the right words.

I'm not that eager to go back to Hell –if I am truly a Devil of sorts-, I'm also not that eager to be coerced into submission, and subjugating the Human race would buy me a whole lot of trouble.

… What to do?

'Hmm… I merely wanted to give Canon the middle finger, but now I'm stuck at the beginning. How do all those Isekai characters do it again?'

Several thoughts ran through my mind as I eyed Kishibe who leisurely focused on his tinned drink—and then, like a sudden bolt of lightning, an idea struck me.

I don't want to be Eliminated.

I don't want to be Subjugated.

I don't want to force others to Submit to me.

… But what of Co-existence?

Of course, I knew it would be unprecedented. The ostensible co-existence I remember in the canon timeline was that of Quanxi and Santa with their respective countries – though, screw them both, most especially the latter.

My version of co-existence would be different, I will make sure of it.

"Hey Kishibe," I called to the Hunter. "Still open to ideas?"

Kishibe raised a brow. "That's why I laid them out in the first place."

I breathed a small prayer to a God that probably doesn't exist and...

"Alright, how about this…"

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

30 minutes later,

With a long satisfactory puff, Kishibe let the waft of the cigarette freely flow as he watched the procession of people who were being guided out of the mall by Public Officials.

As expected, the Bureau was doing its job perfectly. Kishibe had already caught notice of how they clandestinely sifted through the crowds gathering information from various sources concerning what had happened.

Normally, Kishibe would have been pissed that they didn't take his testimony at surface value—if it were not for the fact that he agreed with his higher-ups in the particular case.

"Today's one damn-strange-fucking-heck of a day." Kishibe self-noted after another caffeinated drag.

A Devil without any form of animosity towards humans.

'What a joke.'

Huffing, Kishibe reclined against his car as he mentally processed today's happenings.

Oh, this wouldn't affect his Hunting in the slightest. Rather the fact that such an unfairly powerful Devil exists would mean there are others like it out there.

Others certainly do not with its kind of demeanor.

It's time to up his game.

Then again, it wasn't like Kishibe hadn't suspected such a thing with the Gun Devil and the new surge of fear at Devils rocking the globe.

The Devil is powerful and scary enough to understand the madness of man… Taking it down would require at the very least; all the Devils they had in stock, the Devil Hunters in Japan, and the ones they can procure abroad.

A hail-mary kind of extermination.

'Jesus H. Christ.'

Kishibe shook his head with a tired laugh.

"Nah, it's not worth it."

But that leaves only one option—a much simpler one if the Devil is to be believed.

Flipping up the phone he had borrowed (more like stolen,) Kishibe dialed a number and waited for his higher-ups to pick up the call.

"It's Kishibe…"

"… … …"

Whoo… Here goes.

"Yeah, sorry to say, it's a bust… … The Devil is just that powerful. Luckily for us, it is also intelligent to be interested in human blood…"

"… … …"

"For the safety of Japan don't think about subjugating him… Yes, it's that strong."

"… …"

Eh, what the fuck?

"I don't think it's possible. You all got her when she was young. Still moldable. That Devil, nah, I don't think so."

"… …"

"Well, thankfully we have a solution brought to us by the Devil, itself. Co-existence."

"… … …"

"Yeah, I don't trust it. But I'm quite sure when I say this; It doesn't need our permission to do whatever the fuck it wants to do."

"… …"

"Still want to try… Her? Disregarding the possibility that it might not work. Are you sure you want to bind such a powerful Devil under her command?"

"… …"

Ah, screw it.

"Alright… Alright, whatever happens, won't be on my head. I also expect at least two more zeroes in my bank account when I receive my pay by the end of the month. I'm too old for this shit."

Cutting the call with a sigh, Kishibe looked up to the heaven that certainly wouldn't start answering now.

"Now the ball is in your court, Devil… Overcome the Primal Fear, and this country can do nothing except bow down to your whims."

Hopefully, its whims aren't the frenzied kind.

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

3 hours later,

There was this feeling of exaltation coursing through me as I took a stroll on midair as if it were on flat land.

The wonders of a Reishi platform.

Below me was the sprawling city filled with people who from my perspective, looked like ants skittering about. I'm quite sure the ones who have seen me or have any kind of business on the high-rise building terraces are dialing the Public Bureau line as if their lives depend on it.

No surprise. I would have done the same if I were in their position...

Akane-chan, who made herself comfy on my shoulders watched the setting sun without any expression marring her face. I occasionally saw her lips trembling, but she didn't sob.

Sighing, I ran my hand through her hair and kept on walking.

"Um, can I ask you something, Boss?" The living weapon in my hand asked.

"Sure, fire away. Just don't ask uncomfortable stuff and we're golden."

"So… Um, why co-existence? Why not submission? Don't get me wrong. You're strong. Very, very strong. But weren't you looking for someone? Isn't that why you wanted us to go on a whacky trip before canceling it because you didn't have the resources to find them? So just use the humans. With a country at your beck and call, you can do whatever it is you want."

I paused midair considering the Claymore Devil's word.

It made sense. A lot of sense.

Controlling Japan would give me the same result as co-existing with the country. I would be the one to get all the positives for controlling Japan. I could renege the Contract of Makima's immortality. I could protect Denji and the others better from a position of power.

A true middle finger to canon.

But…

"The humans won't take that kindly," I replied. "You know, humans are a tenacious bunch. Put them in a cage and their hunger for freedom would make them do the impossible. The very fact that Devils despite being more powerful than humans haven't made the world a total slaughter fest should say a lot. Besides… Co-existence comes in all sorts of forms. I'm merely choosing the form that benefits me."

"Oh~ co-existence, only with you in a higher position." The Claymore Devil said in understanding. "A Devilish plan."

I groaned at the pun, but did nothing of it—not when I could spot two fighter helicopters in the distance heading my way.

It took merely some minutes before the aircraft arrived some distance away, before suddenly halting. It seems they don't want to get close to us.

[Yo-You have been called to follow us, De-D-Devil]

Claymore Devil laughed in mockery. "Hah! The humans couldn't have chosen a better messenger. Whoever is using that microphone is a big pussy."

"Can you blame them? It's their inherent nature."

"Yeah, I fucking can. What about the little squirt on your shoulders, right now? Her parents were eaten by a Devil and she's not—aaaahhhh!"

" Claymore." With a concentrated Reiatsu crush, I continued coldly. "I almost thought of you as an intelligent guy with all those deductions and all, but it seems I was mistaken."

"Guh… Wh-What did I do, Boss?!"

I sighed—and upped the ante. The air rang with the screams of the Claymore Devil and like always, I didn't bother myself about it—until Akane-chan tapped my horn eliciting me to look at her shaking her head.

"If that's what you want." I dialed back my spiritual pressure and said to the blade Devil. "I told you no uncomfortable stuff in this talk of ours, and you just had to say things that were over the top. Be thankful, Akane-chan's an angel, or you would have been screaming your lungs out for the next five hours."

With a pain-filled grunt, the Claymore Devil snapped shut while I turned to one of the hovering helicopters prompting a yelp from its occupants.

'Now what's his problem?'

Outwardly, I said. "Lead the way. I will follow."

It's time to haggle for a peaceful co-existence Contract.

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

Meanwhile,

Inside the black government vehicle heading for the same location as the meeting between an abnormal Devil and humanity's leaders, a certain ring-eyed girl smiled.

It's time to perform her duty for her country.

Thank you for the great chapter, stay safe out there and keep up the good work!

Thanks for the chapter

I think it is, but even if it isn't I believe that the fear of control, of losing your free will is greater than the fear of darkness in the modern world.
It's not about how much they are feared, it's about how intrinsic the fear is to the human nature. For example, the fear of death, darkness, and falling is written in our DNA, whereas there are people who can go their whole lives not fearing control and even welcome it. And if that was a case it doesn't make sense why gun devil didn't become the primal devil even though he's one of the most feared entities in the world

Last edited:
It's not about how much they are feared, it's about how intrinsic the fear is to the human nature. For example, the fear of death, darkness, and falling is written in our DNA, whereas there are people who can go their whole lives not fearing control and even welcome it. And if that was a case it doesn't make sense why gun devil didn't become the primal devil even though he's one of the most feared entities in the world

Not necessarily becoming a primordial, but being at the power level of a primordial due to how much current humanity fears control or firearms.

Thanks for the chapter

I think it is, but even if it isn't I believe that the fear of control, of losing your free will is greater than the fear of darkness in the modern world.

It's not about that. Primal Fears are all based on instinctive responses.

Many of the other Fears are based on our experiences in the society. Imagine a person in a distateful situation of having grown up and raised in a manner where they see being under someone's complete control as utterly natural. Such a person will naturally be not fearful of Domination/Control as a concept.

These kinda fears are basically learned fears.

Amd then there are Primals.

Fear that are ingrained in our DNA, instinctive responses of the body it have literally evolved to experience. Innate. Deeply-rooted. Primal.

Everyone is afraid of the Darkness to some capacity.

Everyone is afraid of Falling to some capacity.

Everyone is afraid of some manner of Death.

These are Primal Fears.

Contract or CONTRACT! (Part I)
Stifling a groan, Kishibe ran a hand through his head that was set for an incoming headache.

'... I swear this country has finally gone mad.'

A fucking inevitability with how the world is turning out to be…

The first-class Devil Hunter had suspected something like this ever since the Gun Devil Incident, particularly the aftermaths on the World.

But then again, all that had been Kishibe simply being suspicious—

—until things like this begin to happen.

'Ah, fuck...'

Clicking in irritation while mindful not to show it on his face, Kishibe placidly moved further into the currently constructed site and farther away from the loud gathering that had ruined his chance for a peaceful smoke.

On the way to the meeting location, Kishibe walked passed people who greeted—more like bowed to—him in respect, but he merely waved them back in turn as he moved without slowing pace.

Even on normal days, Kishibe had never gotten used to people looking at him like that—even though it comes with the position of Japan's Strongest Devil Hunter—and he wouldn't start getting used to it now.

Not when he's currently occupied with all sorts of thoughts.

"*&%* #%?!"

"Tch…" Kishibe stopped to look back for a moment before he continued his slow gait. "Who the hell seriously thought it was a wise decision to let in all the bees in a place like this?"

Oh, and by 'bees', Kishibe meant the throngs of people behind him.

Now Kishibe knew that technology was a never-ending evolution that could be likened to a train with no particular destination—except for a few stops here and there—especially in its communicational fort.

Phones. Telephones. Televisions with colors rather than black and white…

… He had bought the last one as soon as it hit the international markets.

In any case, there was no doubt that the World is increasing in its growth and complexity, as well as in its Fears. Nevertheless, Kishibe still couldn't fathom how they got news of the mysterious horned Devil this quickly.

Was there some sort of social platform that he wasn't aware of?

…Eh, not like Kishibe had an interest in things like that in the first place.

Nevertheless, while the mysteries and power of communication still baffled Kishibe, that wasn't the sole reason for his weariness at the large gathering behind him.

'These people must know that a Devil is on its way here and look at them, all standing around n' prancing like excited chickens and if anything goes wrong they immediately say it's the Bureau's fault.'

Now Kishibe knew more than anyone else that while an abnormal level of Insanity is needed when dealing with devils, not just anyone is capable of exhibiting it.

There's only so far bravado can carry someone before they suddenly change tunes and start crying for their mommies. It's something he's encountered when occasionally working with other Devil Hunters.

… There was a reason why Kishibe always loved working alone.

At the moment, all these people had come to see something exotic—what Kishibe sees though, is something dangerous.

Especially that punch of his…

That ridiculous, goddam punch.

"I swear that bastard thought that up at the spot."

Hah...

He's losing confidence, here.

Anyway, to the unnatural behavior displayed by the crowd, the Devil Hunter will simply take it as a sign of potential public officers—Devil Hunters—showing up within the country's populace.

Yeah, that's it; Kishibe won't be concerning himself about them, anymore.

Besides, it wasn't in his job description to worry about the safety of the people—Kishibe's job is to stick knives in devils' asses.

That should be considered as enough self-duty performed for this country.

"Ah! I've finally found you, Kishibe-san!"

Pausing, Kishibe turned to see a familiar twerp jogged towards him.

"Oh… Eh… What's your name, again?"

"It's Michiko! Tendo Michiko…! 3rd Class Officer." The ponytail woman dressed in a smart suit said with a hint of exasperation.

"Ah~ Michiko, right," Kishibe said as he scratched his chin while regarding the young lady with a raised brow.

It was upon hearing her name that had jogged Kishibe's memory into remembering his once-upon-a-time student…

… Only that he hadn't bothered to check up on her, thinking that she'd die soon like all the others did.

Devil Hunting may be a lucrative job, but it sure as hell wasn't a safe one. Meeting a Devil you aren't qualified or equipped to fight is all it takes for you to start preparing for the amount of agony you'll be put through before you die.

Not to mention, all the training and equipment one has wouldn't matter a zilch if they don't have the required mindset for Devil Hunting.

A crazy and irrational mind.

A mind unbound by logic and proper reasoning—that is what one must have to stand up to any kind of Devil.

Kishibe had initially pinned Tendo Michiko as someone who didn't have the necessary craziness for the job, and had written her off for someone who would last a few months…

… What? Kishibe had better things to do than to worry about every kouhais he had been assigned with; like women and booze.

In any case, seeing Michiko in that suit and in that position told Kishibe that maybe he could be wrong about this one—or maybe, she was just smart enough to know how to survive.

Craziness would only carry you so far before realizing that smartness is also a part of its numerous facets.

"Kishibe-san? Kishibe-san?!"

Unfortunately, whatever thoughts Kishibe had in mind had to be put on hold.

Hello? It's Reality callin'

"Hmm..." Kishibe blinked in acknowledgment. "So what's with the nagging? Don't tell me, those bosses of ours are now dissatisfied with the current location?"

Well, that wouldn't be much of a surprise seeing as those lots had planned to have the meeting outside the mall where the Crocodile Devil's corpse is.

Seriously, these people should at least, do it in a more safer location.

Kishibe couldn't help but wonder if this was the government's method of trying to make a statement or something like that, which was why they had allowed people to gather around to spectate something like this.

Probably hoping that 'Pet Girl' would make things run smoothly.

Kishibe didn't stop his lips from quirking up sarcastically.

'Heh. Well, good luck with that one.'

Something told Kishibe that the leaders of Japan would be in for a surprise.

"N-No, it's not that. It's just that the Level 9 Special Priority has arrived and her handlers are asking for your presence."

Kishibe's face took one of long-suffering.

'Speak of the Devil, and she appears.' The Devil Hunter moaned in his mind.

Level 9 Special Priority was the code name given to the Primal Devil of Control, Makima, by the government to use in public… At least, until her grand debut.

Not anyone knew who she was, her position within the Governmental hierarchy, and there was no information on her appearance—not even Michiko, who had come to inform Kishibe knew who she was even talking about.

Level 9 Special Priority, Makima was just that special.

But…

'Hah, what a pile of dog shit.'

Kishibe very much scoffed at that line of reasoning.

While it is true that Devils have no human rights to speak of, one would reason that for someone breed to become one of the crucial pillars of Japan the Government would allow her to associate with the people she ought to protect.

At the very least, basic human communication would have prevented Makima from becoming the creepy brat she is today.

The cold truth is that the Government isn't just qualified for child-rearing.

Look no further than Japan's Strongest Devil Hunter turned out to be.

… Ouch.

That a mysterious Devil has shown more humanity—however twisted—than Makima has ever displayed since being taken care of by humans should say a lot about the species, themselves.

'Sometimes, we are our own biggest enemies.'

With a sigh and a nod, Kishibe gestured for Michiko to lead the way—

—on for the Devil Hunter to freeze in his movement.

A bead of sweat trailed down the side of his face as a sensation he had never felt in his entire life pressed down on him.

"What the fuck…?" He groaned in discomfort.

It was like Kishibe was in a hydraulic press that wouldn't stop coming down.

A quick look at Michiko showed that she was desperately trying to keep herself up, but the intensity of the unseen pressure was enough to fall her flat to the floor.

Kishibe didn't pay any heed to the unnatural 'thousands' of people falling and the rising hysteria that naturally came to it.

Serves them right for playing with fire.

Besides, it was taking all Kishibe had to simply keep his body up, and he could only manage to do that.

Thankfully, the source of this 'intent' didn't have any bloodlust in it—because if it did, Kishibe was quite sure he would be looking at dead bodies rather than frothing ones.

Immediately, the 'intent' went up a nudge as the sky suddenly turned dark.

A greenish kind of dark.

It was like the sky was pregnant for a rain that would never fall.

Occasional lightning cackled out in unholy verdant colors as every single soul fell in a hush with breaths abated and fear of the Devil in their hearts reignited.

Probably considering their life choices by now.

In the unnatural silence, what followed after was the thump of footsteps…

Its footsteps…

Thump… Thump… Thump… Thump…

Kishibe looked up—and sighed as a tired huff escaped from his lips.

"Jesus Christ, talk about making an entrance."

It was like beholding the descent of a deity—only a malevolent one.

"Ki-Ki-Ki-Kishibe-san…"

Michiko said with a voice jampacked in terror.

"Did you fight against something like that?"

Kishibe sighed shakily as he tried to muster an answer.

"I didn't fight against it… I simply survived."

Japan should know what they're doing because Kishibe couldn't see in what way the country could win against this Devil without the country, itself, becoming a smoking crater.

"Seriously, what sort of Fear does it, represent?"

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

"Whoo… Whoo…"

I couldn't stop the nervous sound escaping from my skull-like face as I looked down at the large congregation gathered in front of me.

'Seriously, what the hell, Kishibe?'

While I do remember telling him to decide the location of where I am to meet Japan's leaders, I certainly didn't expect for him to hold it within the very mall I'd just beat his ass in.

To mention, the people…

Ugh, yeah, I'm not good with crowds—could still remember the not-so-fun times in high school, when I would be called out by my 'sensei( s) ' to say something in front of the class, only for me to fumble like a stammering idiot.

Away with you O bad memories!

Being a Vasto Lorde may have changed my thinking somewhat as the level of nervousness wasn't as bad as I thought it would be—but yeah~ I still don't like crowds!

Nevertheless…

'What's up with them?'

Rather than appearing sad, happy, or even hateful at my appearance—due to my Devil-like appearance. They were all busy on the ground foaming and clawing at their purple-looking faces.

Was this some sort of mental-type Devil attack instigated to pin the blame on me?

A non-existent eyebrow twitched in irritation.

Just when things couldn't get more complicated!

With a slash, I readied the Devil Claymore as I spread out my senses to catch any hint of unusual Reiatsu, only to realize that the only overwhelming energy that I could sense… Was my own.

"Hmm?"

At that moment, I realized the weather wasn't so sunny anymore—hell, it looked like it was about to rain—and those lightning strikes looked very much like… my… own… spiritual energy.

Eh? Could it be…?

"Um… Did I do this, Akane-chan?" I turned to ask the little girl situated on my shoulder.

"Yes." The girl innocently nodded. "It's… Very beautiful."

"O-Oh…"

My GOOOOooooOODDDDD!

Maybe it may look beautiful to Akane-chan because she was still under the mitigating effects of my shroud, but to those under its weight, it was anything but that.

I still remember the effects of Reiatsu Crush from the anime.

Particularly Aizen's.

'Damn, I hope I haven't killed someone by mistake.'

Of course, I knew the reason why Soul Reapers/Quincies/Hollows don't use their full powers in the World of the Living—especially the more powerful ones—was because their spiritual energy had the potential of messing up the planet.

But I did not think I was powerful enough to do that.

Hah… It seems a Vasto Lorde is truly a class of its own.

'Ugh, is it because I couldn't control my spiritual energy, well enough?'

The urge to press both hands against my face and roar in embarrassment suffused my very being.

I'd just blown my chance for peaceful talks just because of some damn crowd-phobia.

How am I expected to appear as an amicable Devil, now?

To those guys busy clawing their throats as I must look like the worst kind of Devil to them, I am no different from that gun-toting asshole—

—hmm?

Ah, dammit; I still haven't dropped my Reiatsu, have I?

With a 'humph', I willed back the excess energy as well as its pressure spilling out from me.

The spiritual energy felt like a rush of cool drink as it flowed right back into my body and the atmosphere immediately cleared up with the sun bursting out like it was never gone.

Ok… I'll admit that's so cool.

'But I've still got to take yoga classes when I'm done with this shit.'

In the end, though, what's done is done.

The original plan was to act friendly or at least, as human-like as I can remember. Try to appeal to their emotions. But that seems out of the window from the looks of the people gathered outside.

'Maybe Subjugation can work for a short term.' I thought grumpily.

With a sigh, I easily spotted the snipers situated around the buildings all currently indisposed by my spirit pressure.

The helicopters in the distance that were spinning around during the ordeal—at least, to them—had stabilized but didn't dare to fly closer.

Tanks and turret-mounted vehicles pointed their muzzles at me as if to rend me in case I pulled any funny business—as if they were capable of doing anything at the moment.

Truthfully, the total armed forces mustered against me had merely welled up a single emotion.

Disdain…

I could easily wipe them all out with a single swing from my Claymore.

A single [Cero] would drop down the numbers to a nil.

It wouldn't be a fair fight even if the Devil Hunters with all their Devil Contracts were added to the mix.

'Why am I playing house in the first place?'

The answer to that immediately spoke to me from my shoulders.

"I'm hungry."

Flinching, I whirled to Akane-chan with jaws dropped.

"Hungry? Didn't you just eat some seconds ago?"

Akane-chan simply nodded and said.

"I'm hungry, again."

Ah~ that's right.

I need this country's full and absolute support to ensure this imp doesn't send me back to Hell by bleeding me dry... Not like I had anything of worth in the first place.

Well, let's see as we go, shall we?

ᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥᴥ

"We-Welcome, D-D-Devil-sama."

A man dressed in a disarrayed suit greeted with a full 90-degree bow.

"I-I am H-Hayase Renji, 2nd Class Devil Hunter. If you would please f-f-follow me."

Heh, I had this feeling if I so much as say 'boo', he would promptly drop all formalities and bolt like the Devil was after his heels.

Which I wasn't going to do…

Maybe…

Alright, I was going to do it.

"So why're we having this meeting here, Renji?"

"Hwuh-What?" The Devil Hunter staggered forward with wide eyes. "A-Are you perhaps, talking to me?"

"Keke, seems this one isn't as bright as Mr. Knives, is he?" The Claymore Devil said with a cackle.

Regarding the fear in the man's eyes, I couldn't help but agree with the weapon Devil.

Is he a Devil Hunter?

"Hah, forget that… Why are you the one meeting me if you're this scared of Devils?" I couldn't help asking.

"N-No, it's just after that show, you'd put back there…" Renji trailed off. "Anyone's going to be a bit jumpy around you."

"Hmm… Maybe you're right." I admitted. "But why not use Kishibe, then? I don't think someone as crazy as him would be that fazed by that."

"Kishibe-san is currently…" Renji trailed off with a cough. "Busy at the moment. But he'll be sure to join you once he's done with his business."

'Well, that sounded ominous to me.'

Eyeing the tense Devil Hunter, I considered the possibility of bullying the answers out of him. But I shook the thought off—not like it mattered to me, anyway.

The Devil Hunter, Renji led me up a flight of stairs to the third floor—a floor higher than the one I had been with Akane-chan, who seemed to be looking quite hungry at the moment.

Hope there'll be something to eat when we arrive.

Soon enough, I was led to a fancy restaurant where Renji stopped by the door with a bow and gestured for me to enter—only to stop me upon doing so.

"Um, if you are ok with it, I am willing to take care of Miss Akane while you are busy with the meeting."

Renji turned to the girl on my shoulder with an outstretched hand.

"So what do you think, Akane-chan?"

The girl hugged the side of my skull as she shook her head, unwilling to let go.

"Seems like Akane-chan has decided. Thanks, but she'll be staying with me for the meeting."

The smile on Renji's face couldn't have looked more fake—which kinda' confused me—but it wasn't like he could force it in the end, so with a sour smile, he nodded.

"If that's your decision, Miss. Akane. Just know you are being missed by your family members."

Akane-chan remained stalwart to that.

I blinked in bemusement—then in understanding.

'So that's how it is…'

I finally understood what game the snake was playing and the whole picture behind his so-called 'care'.

I've seen this scenario in many animes and mangas, where the Government would be interested in an unexplainable phenomenon, and seeking to understand means performing all kinds of experimentation.

Seeing as there was nothing they could do to contain me, they were willing to go for the next best thing.

Akane-chan

There was no need for me to say the kind of setting I'm in to describe what they could do to her all in the name of discerning why I am attached to her.

'Alright, now I'm pissed.'

Before Renji's brain neutrons could even fire a warning of the situation he was in, I had already angled my claymore to its flat side and slapped the bastard with it.

Fwhoon…! Boom!

A human-shaped blur flew and wrecked the clothing store on the opposing side of the mall.

I held back as much as possible but the likelihood of his survival unsurprisingly didn't matter to me.

Turning towards the group of Devil Hunters currently hidden within the vicinity, I said.

"Let this be a warning to you, all. If any single hair on Akane-chan's head falls without her permission. If any sniffle comes out from her mouth without my knowledge… If by the next 3 minutes, there is no delicacy for Akane-chan when I'm in this room… There is no need for me to say what will happen next."

Not an ounce of spiritual energy escaped my body— but from my tone and the way they all scrambled out, I am sure they got my message without me going all SuperSaiyan on them.

It seems I was giving this country too much credit, simply because it is the home of Chainsawman—which I'm not even going to let happen—I should have suspected something like this from Japan, going by what happens in canon.

But it seems I am naïve—and so is this country.

If Japan thinks it is dealing with an ordinary Devil, then it should think again.

I am anything but Ordinary…

Hmm, so how will he show Japan just how badly they've fucked up? By beating Makima's face in, seducing her with the awesome fact that he's the only Devil to ever be a responsible parent, or will he BS her into allying with him... so they can then go on to bully the Japanese Diet/Government together?

Or will Mr. Author throw a curveball at us and have Makima take the MC in as her "pet"? x3:p

Fuck's sake I know they would aim at Akane-chan but ffs can you do it subtly? Forge connections, entice the kid so she is emotionally invested for their wellbeing then the big bad daddy demon would also strive to protect the thing that she is invested in. But these retards here straight up tell the demon they are trying to kidnap her or at least that is how it sounds to me.

Hmm, so how will he show Japan just how badly they've fucked up? By
Strange bureaucrats of even stranger world.
Well chainsaw devil rewrite human history every time he permanently kill some devil.
Concept,idea what spawn this devil jest get erased from human history and culture.
And probably make impossible to recreate in future.
Chainsawman world never have nazi ,Hitler and most importantly atom bomb.
That mean Hiroshima and Nagasaki never was destroyed which cause drastic change in Japan policy and mentality

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back