• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

So we just mortified and pissed off Sera. Good job! That's one way the resolve her crush.

>>Freak out because someone you don't know was in your room
>>And left their panties on your head. Ew! Ew! Ew!
>>Beg Sera to not leave you alone. It was ok if they were her's, but now you don't feel safe alone.

[X] To Hell with it, you need a break, go spend some time at the fusion lab with Mom.
-[X] Head over to Sera's room and apologize first thing in the morning... you didn't mean to offend her and offer to spend some time with her to make it up. Take her with you over to the fusion lab.
-[X]Make sure she meets your mom, i am sure your mom would love meeting your girlfriend companion, and it would be good for Sera and yourself to discuss with our mom possibilities of future Job and Skill crystalls that do not contradict each other's status effects. Hopefully even marry each other well.

[X] Freak out because some pervert was in your room and you don't remember anything.
-[X] And left their panties on your head. Ew! Ew! Ew!
[X] Beg Sera not to leave you alone. You no longer feel safe.
-[X] It was ok when it was her
[X] Try not to cry.
-[X] Cry a lot.

[X] Why did that seem like a good idea? Whoever owns this is going to have to eat the cost, because you're not going through that again. These are going in the deepest corner of your closet, never to be thought of again.
[X] Tomorrow, try another request from the job board.

[X] Freak out because some pervert was in your room and you don't remember anything.
-[X] And left their panties on your head. Ew! Ew! Ew!
[X] Beg Sera not to leave you alone. You no longer feel safe.
-[X] It was ok when it was her

Guys? The freakout vote literally does not include the questions we're actually meant to be voting on.

The visit mom vote could also probably just be done as a single evening action rather than a full day thing.

Yes it does. It falls under "something else".

[X]Dungeons
----[X] Patch things up with Sera, just take the day to duo Goblin's Glade E rank, then Ogre's Den E rank with her.

What do you want to do in the morning?

[]Something Else?

Whoops, accidentally posted over the rest of my post. Quick edit:

I'm using it as, hopefully, a way to repair some of the relationship damage we did while also giving Yrsillar something fun to write.

And us to read.

Whoops, accidentally posted over the rest of my post. Quick edit:

I'm using it as, hopefully, a way to repair some of the relationship damage we did while also giving Yrsillar something fun to write.

And us to read.

To clarify, I don't have an issue with the vote itself, but it doesn't really seem like it covers the actual period of time we're meant to be voting on? You could just as easily include options there too.

It's filling that time with social actions, essentially. To fix our relationship. If you have stuff to add, feel free.

Alright sorry for the delay on this one. Wanted to let all the votes trickle in. Looks like there is a majority, though not by much. Winning vote is spending the at least the morning at the labs and introducing Sera(and possibly others) to Mom. Might work in some of Gifts vote as a conversation with Sera, we'll see how the writing goes. should be up sometime in the morning.

You screwed up with Sera. You guess you wouldn't really take it well either if someone just implied that you were willing to stick your underwear on someone's head either, drunk or not.

Which leads to the second realization. You have no idea who's underwear they are, they could theoretically be Shimah's but you have a hard time picturing the reserved foreigner being the type. So they probably belong to some stranger… gross. You are never drinking that much again.

Ugh, it's time to get up though. You think you're just going to take a break today, you've been doing dungeons and missions nonstop since you're eighteenth birthday. Although, granted that was only a few days ago. Feels like way longer though. Anyway first order of business is apologizing to Sera. You absolutely don't want to lose one of the few friends you've managed to scrabble together. You went through that whole garbage 'I don't need anybody else' phase already. It's bullshit, being lonely sucks.

So you take care of your morning stuff, and then take a brief detour to stuff those… things in the deepest crevice of your closet. You intend to forget they exist once you apologize to Sera.
You make your way downstairs, hoping that Sera is up as early as she usually is. It looks like she is, when you make it too the common room. Though she doesn't wave to you, she still looks a little crestfallen. You steel yourself, you've faced down giant smelly ogres and hordes of horrible creepy spiders, you can do this.

"Hey Sera, I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry," it's the first thing out of your mouth when you sit down at her table.

She sighs, "I know, it doesn't change…" You interrupt her, bulling ahead with what you want to say, you've had time to organize your thoughts and consider exactly why you assumed it was Sera.

"No, listen for a sec, alright?" she pauses, and you keep talking. "If it was you, it was okay, that's why I assumed it, alright? I don't think your weird, or perverted or anything stupid. You're my friend, if it was at least you then it would mean I didn't wake up with some stranger's underwear on me," you start to babble a bit, "Do you know how gross I feel now? I have no idea who was in my room! I wish I hadn't been stupid and drank so much, and now you're mad, and I don't want you to be mad, and I messed things up again. So please, forgive me alright? You're great, I don't think any less of you, it was just a stupid assumption that made me more comfortable."

You take in a breath, as Sera blinks deciphering your rambly apology. You can feel tears prickling in the corners of your eyes. Not that you would ever actually cry in public. No way, but you really want to resolve this. "I… um, I suppose I didn't think of it that way," Sera responds after a moment, sounding thoughtful, "I guess Al is just kind of bad with situations like that." The last seems to be said more to herself than anyone else. You want to refute her, she sounds like your Mom, but just this once, you think you'll let it go.

"I over reacted a little too," Sera straightens her shoulders a bit and looks you in the eye, "I like you. I was really embarrassed that you thought I would do something like that though. I didn't consider your side of things." She fidgets, some of her confidence leaking out, "So… why don't we put this behind us?"

"Yeah, that sounds great," you respond quickly, "I was being kinda dumb. I can admit that," you shift uncomfortably in your seat for a moment, before the next part. "L-look, I get that you kinda have… or had, I guess a crush on me. I don't really know how to respond though, we've only known each other for a couple of days so maybe we can just hang out and see how things go?"

She just nods, though she does go a little pink around the edges, "I… um, I still like you. Even if it took some time you apologized. I don't really know what to do either. Before the brand I already had a husband arranged, so I've never really thought of… um dating or anything."

Ah, yeah, you forget sometimes, Sera is pretty upper crust. From what you understand it's always a big, well… not disappointment, you can't say that about the people keeping the city alive, but a big blow when one of their kids become branded, marriage and inheritance kinda falls through when kids aren't an option. Ah, you kinda spaced out on a tangent there. "So, we can just be friends and anything else can wait, at least a little?" you ask hopefully.

"I would be fine with that," Sera responds quietly, "I… um, I wasn't expecting you to acknowledge it at all, honestly."

"I'm not even sure I like other women that way," you admit a bit uncomfortably.

"I… um wasn't either, but we're both branded, so it doesn't really matter." Sera admits, looking a bit embarrassed herself, goddess this is getting awkward. "I… um, I just like your confidence, even if can get us in a little trouble sometimes."

You don't think you've ever been so glad for Maya to pop up out of nowhere and startle you. "Hiya, Al, Seraphine, what has both of you looking so embarrassed, inquiring minds want to know!"

"N-nothing!" Sera squeaks, sitting ramrod straight in her seat.

"Yeah, just uh, discussing some things, nothing important," you add hurriedly.

"Suspicious," Maya's animal ears twitch as she grins at the two of you, she's enjoying this way too much, "Now I'm even more curious."

"Maya, you really going to get on their cases this early? At least let breakfast come by first," Theres Anshelm coming down the stairs, rubbing sleep from his eyes.

"Ah, everyone wants to deny me my fun, how sad," that's just not fair, that dejected kicked puppy look, enhanced by the ears. It's way too much. Anshelm blinks and pointedly looks elsewhere.
"Do what you want, I guess." He mumbles, pulling up a chair, "Do we have any idea what we plan to do today, since Shimah won't be around?"

Maya slides herself into a seat next to Anshelm, and raises a hand to wave one of the servers over. "Nothing too dangerous, since we're down our healer, I would hope."

"I was actually thinking we just take a break. I asked my Mom if she would show me around the Fusion labs and give me some tips, and I figured I could cash it in. I was uh… thinking Sera might want to come along and hang out a little," you say.

"A strange place to pick for your first date," Maya teases, "A break might be nice though. I have some personal things I've been putting off, that I could take care of today. What do you say Anshelm, want to come along? I could use someone strong to help out."

Anshelm looks less than enthused, "Well, I guess yesterday was pretty crappy. A break every once in awhile isn't bad. I can help out."

Sera for her part is fidgeting a bit, "I… um, I wouldn't mind coming along for a bit, learning a little about job fusion could be helpful."

"Well, it looks like we're set then; I suppose we'll probably see you tomorrow?" Maya asks.

"Yeah, probably. I can't see why not," you state confidently.

Breakfast passes peacefully enough barring a minor incident involving syrup, Maya, and a highly embarrassed Anshelm. You separate from the two of them. Last you see they're heading to one of the poor districts. You kinda wonder what Maya's business is, but after yesterday's problems you don't feel like pushing on social issues.

You and Sera chat a bit about nothing in particular. You tell Sera about some of your more amusing… uh, experiments with Uncles old reagents, and she shares some of her hobbies. Apparently Sera likes painting, though she assures you she isn't very good. Her father is a pretty wealthy merchant lord, so doing a bit of art was one of the few socially acceptable hobbies she had.

Eventually though you make it to the fusion labs. It's a pretty large campus, walled off from the rest of the district in case of… issues. From what you've heard from Mom, sometimes the experiments done here can result in monsters spawning, so there's always a number of branded kept about on guard. In this case it looks like all defensive classes, makes sense. The priority for the guys directly on sight is defending the researchers and drawing attention. You get to spy a a few jobs you've never seen before. Heavily armored men and women; Bulwarks, Glaciers, Iron Mountain Monks, Stone Sages, Metal Elementalists, and even a couple Champions of Althena.

Anyway, you make it too the front desk, where a rather harried looking secretary greets you when you reach the desk, "Welcome to the fusion labs? Is there something I can help you with?" totally a canned response.

"We're here to see Lab Director Falconis," It's nice to say it yourself, instead of having some authority figure need to speak with your mother.

"Oh? An appointment? Or… oh yes, Ms. Falconis did say her daughter might come by. Please wait while we contact her," the secretary seems marginally more interested, but she waves you aside to wait while she sends a young man off down the hall with a message for your mom. Must be a student. Ah, if things had been different, that might have been you, running errands until you earned enough experience and respect to get to do interesting things.

Sera has been looking around at everything curiously since you arrived. "Doing alright Sera?" you ask.

"I'm fine, this place seems so interesting though, I wonder what sort of things I can do with my fire elementalist crystal…" Sera murmurs.

"A number of interesting combinations," ah, there's Mom, "Fire is an element with many options," Mom glances over at you, "Is she one of your companions? You look to be together."

What the hell is that supposed to mean, you guess you're standing pretty close but, you know whatever, "Yeah, this is Seraphine, she's one of my party members. Do you think it'll be a problem if she comes along?"

Sera fidgets under your Moms gaze for a moment before speaking up, "Um… If it will be a problem, I can leave. It is nice to meet you though Ms. Falconis."

Mom cocks her head to the side in a mirror of your curious look, "How ever did you get someone this polite to come along with you Alice?"

"Mooooom," you groan, "Don't act like I'm some kind of rude thug, I can be polite."

"When all the stars are right," She shoots back dryly, "I suppose showing one more person around won't be a problem, if only as a reward for putting up with my daughter. As her mother, I thank you for your patience."

Sera stifles a giggle, and you shoot her a betrayed look, "Thank you Ms. Falconis. Al, um… really isn't …that bad though."

You give mom a superior look, see Sera, believes in you. "Is that so? Well, if she has learned some tact, all the better," Mom responds.

"Can we stop talking about my flaws?" you grumble, Sera looks contrite, but your pretty sure you catch the ghost of a smile on your mom's face. She's enjoying messing with you. Evil.

"Certainly, if you will just follow me back to my office, we talk there, I do still have some work that needs filled out I'm afraid," Mom responds, and you follow after her as she begins walking back down the hall.

Sera speaks up as you walk, "Um, what were some of the combinations for fire, you mentioned there being some interesting ones."

"Bright Mage is always popular, something about throwing bolts of burning plasma always resonates with the young I've found. I'm sure Al mentioned that one already though. I did touch on it last time we talked," you nod, and so does Sera, "Aside from that, just like the other elementalists it combines with all of the basic warrior types, they tend to sacrifice the usual defense for agility and increased damage. I suspect you're like Alice though, and that's not what you're looking for."

"Um, you're right, my physical stats are pretty bad." Sera admits bashfully.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, specialization is important early on. Ah, lets see, if you want a more defensive slant, combining with earth would allow you to create the metal elementalist job. Hexer would allow for the Inquisitor, that is an interesting job, quite a bit of utility, but not commonly picked."

"Are there any ways we could go about, making our spells statuses not cancel each other?" you put in, "I like working with Sera, but it is a little bit of a problem?"

"Um, usually only on bosses, otherwise there are usually enough enemies for us to split them," Sera points out.

"I'm afraid there aren't any easy ones… I think one of the high ranked skills for Shamans allow incompatible statuses to stack, but that's fairly difficult and a large investment."

"We actually have a hexer in the party, I think she was looking at the shaman job, does the skill let everyone apply the statuses?" you ask. If Shimah could take that it would really help your party utility.

"I'm afraid I'm not sure," Mom says, "It's not a common job, not many choose slower methods like status effects over flashier jobs, I'm afraid you would have to ask a Shaman who has the skill."

"Thank you anyway, Ms. Falconis." Sera responds, "It's good to have a lead."

You spend some more time chatting with Mom in her office after that, she needles you about Sera a few times, but you calmly and decisively ignore probing questions. In the end you get a few textbooks on the arts of fusion and how it works, something for you to study in your spare time. She shows you around the labs as well, you get to look in on somebody fusing the Brawler job with a Metal Elementalist to make the Colossus job. The guy is super shiny afterword, and the fusion itself is a real lightshow. Unfortunately you can't really get down to the nitty gritty of experimenting yourself yet. Mom has a fair amount of pull, but letting someone untrained mess around with delicate equipment could get her fired in a heartbeat. She does let you watch while she fuses Axe Warrior and Spear Warrior into a Halberd Knight crystal though. So you get a general idea of how the fusion chamber works.

Once you've gone through the books she can quiz you on them. The Director is apparently okay with you getting in on this in an… unorthodox manner as long as you pass some tests. Something about branded with an interest in noncombat stuff being too rare to pass up.

Still you can tell Sera's attention is starting to wander a little, and your Mom needs to get back to more delicate work. It's early afternoon, you could probably pull of one of the nearby dungeons with Sera in the time you have left, or you could just snag an in-city Mission to do. Or you could just hang out with Sera, today has been pretty relaxing. What do you want to suggest?

[]Dungeon
[]Mission(will do a mini-update with possible missions if selected)
[]Relax and hang out with Sera
[]Something else?

Studying Materials Acquired. Al will study a little bit each night on her own initiative, but devoting an evening action to studying will speed the process significantly. When she's done she can take the test to be allowed to use some of the tools in the fusion lab!

Last edited:
[X]Dungeon
-[X]E-rank goblin Glade, we should be able to do it with just the two of us. Won't give us much, but a bit of money is always welcome.

[X]Relax and hang out with Sera
-[X] go for a walk
-[X] eat a dinner together

I think after the drama just relaxing, go to dinner and talk to each other would be nice.
Would be good to show SeraI that we are not only interested in dungeons.

-[X] Grab dinner and room together in the Inn tonight, spend the night studying the materials you mother provided together, and maybe showing off a little about your understanding of underlying magical mechanics.

Alice goes professor modo!

[X] In-city mission, something fairly easy.

-[X] go for a walk
-[X] eat a dinner together

[X]Dungeon
-[X]E-rank goblin Glade, we should be able to do it with just the two of us. Won't give us much, but a bit of money is always welcome.

Team building! Great XP/JP before we outpace it and probably pretty doable at our current stats.

Nothing says romance like the smell of roasting goblins!

Also we should mention Halberd Knight to Anshelm.

Last edited:
[X]Dungeon

[X]Dungeon

[X] Mission (will do a mini-update with possible missions if selected)
- [X] Something that's easy for two people and can be done while relaxing

-[X] Grab dinner and room together in the Inn tonight, spend the night studying the materials you mother provided together, and maybe showing off a little about your understanding of underlying magical mechanics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back