• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

I would prefer dungeons, the question is which ones.
We should look at getting the "better loot" blessing as well.

Wailing Cavern rank D should be very doable, Otherwise Ogre Den D again, or ask about other dungeons.

Crystal Lake just might end in disaster again, or if we do it, a lot more potions is a must.

We should also ask Shimah and Maya how their tasks turned out and if they need any assistance from us.

My first thoughts on the situation at the moment.

Last edited:
So, now that the lost two updates are done, let's try to actually do stuff.

[X]Shopping
-[X]1 Ether
We sadly don't have much money left, we can't even buy another escape orb. We could ask everyone to pinch in, but as we are the one missing it it doesn't sound fair. We possibly could go and get a blessing again, depending on what people think, but as we sadly lost our entire day yesterday choosing not to restock on money/exp when we were really low, i don't feel comfortable doing it.

[X]Dungeons
-[X]D-Rank Wailing Cavern.

The rest of our team probably didn't lose their entire day like us, and we could have already don't that one yesterday, so I am somewhat hopeful it won't even be risky.

Last edited:
+looks at Ark's post+
+sighs+

Right.

Anyway.
[X] Dungeons
-[X] D-Rank Wailing Cavern
-[X] Suggest Sera to wear the Boots ("B-but, Al, then we won't match...")

[X] Dungeons

[X] Dungeons

Speaking of fusion, how would Anshelm feel about combining those job crystals he has into halberd knight, do you think?

[X] Dungeons

Speaking of fusion, how would Anshelm feel about combining those job crystals he has into halberd knight, do you think?
Unsure, but the job probably has better damage than Spear Warrior and better crowd control than Axe Warrior. Of course, we are not too clear whether a Fusion job is better than the sum of its parts or just hybrid with some abilities of its parts. Still, I would like to suggest it to him anyway.

Personally I want to see Bulwark, but that's just me.
+ponders if Halberd can be combined with Bulwark+

Oh, and buying Amritas for their SP per Gilder value:
[X] Shopping
- [X] 2 Amritas

We should at least suggest it to him.
Although we should know how exactly it works first - if he should max out Spear warrior first, for example, and what advantages/disadvantages fusing of an "unfinished" job gives.

[X] Dungeons
-[X] If none of the others have hit four, then team up with Shimah and duo E rank Goblin Glade while Anshelm and Sera do the same.
-[X]Otherwise D-Rank Wailing Cavern
--[X] Suggest Sera wear the Boots ("B-but, Al, then we won't match...")

XP is valuable. The intro dungeons are great XP and we're about to hit the cap there. Maya would be excluded, but she can probably appreciate the chance and she's a bit ahead.

[X] Dungeons
-[X] If none of the others have hit four, then team up with Shimah and duo E rank Goblin Glade while Anshelm and Sera do the same.

[] Question sexuality after going on a date with a woman
[] Reafirm sexuality by making out with Sera.
-[] Prove that you don't like girls!

Last edited:
[X] Dungeons

Mmmh ok, not sure Maya being excluded is a great thing but i guess she could do E-rank Ogre Den alone in the morning (or a quick mission).

Don't exclude Maya. Makes it seem like we're mad at her for earlier.

Maya can't do the dungeon. Stress it as us catching up and note we're not mad at her. Avoiding that kind of misunderstanding is not rocket science.

You tell her you're not mad at her, then leave her behind.

Splitting the party is a bad idea.
There were some tensions recently. To fight together would get rid of them, while separating can worsen them.
We can trigger a Bonus Boss and be killed.
Leaving Maya out of it is a bad idea as well.
A bit more XP is simply not worth it.

We are a team. Morale is at least as important.

Last edited:
I agree. We need to continue being a team.
Splitting the party is a bad idea.
There were some tensions recently. To fight together would get rid of them, while separating can worsen them.
We can trigger a Bonus Boss and be killed.
Leaving Maya out of it is a bad idea as well.
A bit more XP is simply not worth it.

We are a team. Morale is at least as important.
Yes, Team morale is important. Right now Team morale is shot partly because we haven't been making progress at all, and Maya is aware that Anshelm is pissed off about it, for one.

Going "we need to stay a team" when your actions are actually destroying the team and making sure they are going to want to go into team that actuall do stuff is...bizarre.

We make progress just fine. The reason for the discontent is because we swung out of our league and no one wanted to admit it, forcing Maya to save our lives and get the team's ire instead of the gratitude she deserved.

You tell her you're not mad at her, then leave her behind.

We tell the caution minded party member that we're not mad at her and then go level up in safe areas before tackling more high level/dangerous content.

Maya's consistent worry is that we're pushing too fast. Given her trauma this is entirely reasonable. And? Going for the easiest dungeon we can do to farm XP is the solution to that worry.

[X] Dungeons

We make progress just fine. The reason for the discontent is because we swung out of our league and no one wanted to admit it, forcing Maya to save our lives and get the team's ire instead of the gratitude she deserved.
People who have begun a day later than us are now a level higher than us. that's not "just fine". We are progressing distinctly slower than average because of insisting to either do overpowered dungeons or do dungeons that are geared to only having 2 adventurers but with a full party.

Do they? Can they actually complete 2 starter Dungeons a day without costing too much consumables?
+shrugs+
Honestly, I am in no real particular hurry to climb up the level ladder.

Do they? Can they actually complete 2 starter Dungeons a day without costing too much consumables?
They clearly can as they are buying job crystals.
+shrugs+
Honestly, I am in no real particular hurry to climb up the level ladder.
Yeah, and while I find the attitude of wanting to a under-achiever in a quest a bit baffling, especially one that's explicitely about dungeon crawling, you are entitled to your opinion.

[X] Dungeons
-[X]D-Rank Wailing Cavern
[X] Suggest we split into two groups to tackle an easy dungeon each if no one reaches level 4 afterwards so we catch up to Maya.

Do a dungeon as a group to clear up the atmosphere first before splitting up.
Levels are less important than skill rank and gear. You can do a lot more with less levels and better skills/gear than more levels and less skill/gear.

Eh, I am unsure about Branded's psychology and endless Dungeon Delving. It might be that they are altered in mind as well so as to not go cuckoo with repeated high pressure tasks.

But then again, I am okay with the Dungeon Delving itself. Mostly here for the writing, and I do find the writing for the fights a bit more exciting. The splitting of party is the part that I am less enthused, since that drops the number of people, and thus meant lesser interactions and reactions during the fights.

+shrugs+

Do a dungeon as a group to clear up the atmosphere first before splitting up.
Levels are less important than skill rank and gear. You can do a lot more with less levels and better skills/gear than more levels and less skill/gear.

Gear is a temporary benefit. Any gain from new gear will be replaced when better gear appears. Likewise if you're level 40 with crap gear, that goes away as soon as you find one weapon.

If you're level 3 with great gear, you won't hit forty by finding a weapon.

Admittedly it is true that gear helps you get better gear, but we're low enough level that I doubt it's all that important, because this is getting phased out almost instantly. Wait till we're tougher, looking for specific items and classes rather than at the bottom to focus on gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back