• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

If we swap to, say, an axe warrior, and leave the stave skill equipped would that allow us to equip staves or would the fact that fighters don't use staves dominate?

If you have a skill you can use it even without the job attached. You only run into problems when you try to level it past the job it attaches to. A rank E weapon skill will never go above E unless you level a Warrior Job past E I'm actually not sure how that would work for a fusion job that handles both though. Does Gravelord only count swords? Or can you grab an E rank ax warrior and start leveling Ax without levelling the Ax Warrior Job?

Unclear, actually.

One can use Magic abilities (spells) without their related weapons (Staves or Talismans), but Martial Skills probably require their named weapon to function, so for instance, Anshelm cannot use his Axe abilities unless he has an Axe equipped.

On the other hand, armor and accessories seem to be dependent on equipped Job.

If you have a skill you can use it even without the job attached. You only run into problems when you try to level it past the job it attaches to. A rank E weapon skill will never go above E unless you level a Warrior Job past E I'm actually not sure how that would work for a fusion job that handles both though. Does Gravelord only count swords? Or can you grab an E rank ax warrior and start leveling Ax without levelling the Ax Warrior Job?

It's been confirmed fusions fall into one category.

I wasn't asking about equipping the skill though vs the item.

The skill boosts our abilities with a category of weapon.
The job allows us to equip certain gear.

If a job would not normally allow us to use a given weapon, will the skill allow us to equip it anyway?

It's been confirmed fusions fall into one category.

I wasn't asking about equipping the skill though vs the item.

The skill boosts our abilities with a category of weapon.
The job allows us to equip certain gear.

If a job would not normally allow us to use a given weapon, will the skill allow us to equip it anyway?
yes

Jobs lock you to one particular armor type. Skills determine which weapons you can equip. So yeah, if you equip axe warrior but keep staves in a slot, you can keep using staves.

If we swap to, say, an axe warrior, and leave the stave skill equipped would that allow us to equip staves or would the fact that fighters don't use staves dominate?
Axe warrior is awful for us. since our melee damage output is crap.
The 3 basic warriors:
spear = best defense, weakest offense
axe = best offense, weakest defense
sword = balanced offense/defense

If we wanted to mix in a warrior in there it should be a spear, using the warrior part solely to boost our defense while we attack with magic.

I think they are calling for the Sword, because it is the requirement for Gravelord.
Or was it for the Glacial Lord/Lady?

I think they are calling for the Sword, because it is the requirement for Gravelord.
Or was it for the Glacial Lord/Lady?
Gravelord.

Axe warrior is awful for us. since our melee damage output is crap.
The 3 basic warriors:
spear = best defense, weakest offense
axe = best offense, weakest defense
sword = balanced offense/defense

If we wanted to mix in a warrior in there it should be a spear, using the warrior part solely to boost our defense while we attack with magic.
It was an example. Not something we'd actually do.

If we were going that route, we'd probably benefit from something like Bulwark which has an iron defense right?

We'd probably benefit from using warrior jobs only as prereq requirements. We MIGHT be able to cheese staff/shield if we can work out a spare skill slot, but it's probably really really not worth it.

If we swap to hexer, we better try to find a cheapish vestment to use.

If we do any of the places Shimah has gotten vestments already we can simply request them for ourselves and stuff them in the vault.

We'd probably benefit from using warrior jobs only as prereq requirements. We MIGHT be able to cheese staff/shield if we can work out a spare skill slot, but it's probably really really not worth it.

I agree about it not being worth it, especially when we know there are more defensive magic classes out there and our stats are so lopsided. We could mix in some earth elementalist for more defense. maybe eventually get barrier mage

My probably false instincts tell me that Fusioning a class that has a lot of guardians (Either Ice or a Ice Fusion that focus more on sumoning. Or, you know, Earth/Metal things) and Bullwark might be how to get a Golem-armor like Alice was dreaming about.

Yeah, shouldn't be hard to find by doing Drake Nest D-rank, CL D-rank (Maybe?) or WC/AG C-rank. Maybe even Dessecrated Fortress, though I expect more Black Knight stuff from there.

My probably false instincts tell me that Fusioning a class that has a lot of guardians (Either Ice or a Ice Fusion that focus more on sumoning. Or, you know, Earth/Metal things) and Bullwark might be how to get a Golem-armor like Alice was dreaming about.
I like how you think

At present, +25HP doesn't justify earth elementalist in the long run. It's very nifty now, but HP may be an issue.

On the other hand, we know Necromancer is a pet class and that it fuses with a fighter class to make Gravelord, which is a tanky mage. This is basically what people want to try with our golem fusions....

Regardless, the best bet is probably still to keep fusing toward the ones we know are nifty (Glacial Lady first) and branch out as we level our side jobs to meet that.

Note, it hasn't been clarified if Gravelord is personally tanky or its pets are, since it is a 1Sword/2Dark/1Ice Fusion, so tankyness is not really guaranteed.

At present, +25HP doesn't justify earth elementalist in the long run. It's very nifty now, but HP may be an issue.
Its 25 HP at lowest rank. look at how our other abilities have scaled (they seem to double each rank)
Also, it will probably have other defensive bonuses at higher levels, and then there are fusions of the class which could further boost defense.

Earth + Bulwark = Big suit of armor class?

BSoAC + Glacial Lady/Winter Witch/Etc = Ice Colossus class?

Earth is "Great Defense, Decent Control". I expect to actually only get better as it levels for that.

On the other hand, we know Necromancer is a pet class and that it fuses with a fighter class to make Gravelord, which is a tanky mage. This is basically what people want to try with our golem fusions....
I think It is, but that Alice has personal issues with the aesthetic of it.

Regardless, the best bet is probably still to keep fusing toward the ones we know are nifty (Glacial Lady first) and branch out as we level our side jobs to meet that.
Indeed.
Note, it hasn't been clarified if Gravelord is personally tanky or its pets are, since it is a 1Sword/2Dark/1Ice Fusion, so tankyness is not really guaranteed.
We know the class grants a lot of tankyness to the team, and the mage is included in the team.
Earth + Bulwark = Big suit of armor class?

BSoAC + Glacial Lady/Winter Witch/Etc = Ice Colossus class?
My plan was more Bullwark + Ice Magic: Ice Barrier Magic/Warrior (not sure which side it would go). And then This + Necromancer = Being one with your summon thing.

Or maybe polar/glacial lady. Unsure.

I do feel Bullwark is the warrior job the most likely to grant either "barrier" magics or "go into golem" magic.

Eh, it was Lydia poking fun or mocking at Cyril, not really conclusive of a proof yet. Nevertheless, it would be -at the minimum- the off-tank of that team.

Anyway, Bulwark was a white job, wasn't it?

Anyway, Bulwark was a white job, wasn't it?
Yes, and It combines with Halbed Knight for Royal Guard.

Anyway, the reason I think (Bulkward + Ice) + (Ice + X) would make "riding in guardian" Is because that's how gravelord works (with sword warrior instead of bulkward, and Dark instead of Ice). Given Bulkward is "you can use all the shield skills", I am somewhat hoping it means "using a golem as a shield means riding it".

Also, "Shield Skills" when fusioned with Ice might mean some kind of barrier magic (Wall of Ice, Maybe more specialized Frost guardians, etc). And that's even if it is on the "Warrior" Side.
Eh, it was Lydia poking fun or mocking at Cyril, not really conclusive of a proof yet. Nevertheless, it would be -at the minimum- the off-tank of that team.
If we base Necromancer on what we saw the graveyard boss do, It's very likely that Gravelord gives things like "you leech all the life your minion eat for, and if someone attacks you your minions lose life instead of you".

One issue with Gravelord, it sounds like a multiple pet class.

And with Shimah and Maya, we already have our max of 3. Plus Pet Tamer sounded like she might get the opportunity for multiple pets, and Sera might get one from Earth or one of her other classes.

One issue with Gravelord, it sounds like a multiple pet class.

And with Shimah and Maya, we already have our max of 3. Plus Pet Tamer sounded like she might get the opportunity for multiple pets, and Sera might get one from Earth or one of her other classes.
Shimah does not have a pet.
Indeed, the totem has been confirmed as not being a pet.

Gravelord is not my favorite, but I expect it to be 'room only' like the Totem, and as such does not count toward the pet limit.

Anyway, I am thinking of switching my vote to:
[X] Crystal Lake D rank, Time for Revenge!
-[X] Now that we are back in full group, maybe Shimah could use the [Plaguebark Gloves]

Okay, fair enough. That leaves us with 1 and Maya with 1, and potentially Sera with 1 once she gets Earth up to C (tanky and moderate crowd control seems a likely magic to have it). Then are we just assuming that Maya will never get another pet (pretty sure it was hinted she can at advanced levels), and that Gravelord pets don't count towards the limit?

Okay, fair enough. That leaves us with 1 and Maya with 1, and potentially Sera with 1 once she gets Earth up to C (tanky and moderate crowd control seems a likely magic to have it). Then are we just assuming that Maya will never get another pet (pretty sure it was hinted she can at advanced levels), and that Gravelord pets don't count towards the limit?
Not quite. We know that pets/summons that lasts a single rooms don't count, and that spells are static- their power is derived by the job equipped, by the skill magic level, and by the power of the character (as well as gear). This means our Frost Guardian will get weaker and weaker as times goes so we'll need to replace it with stronger versions anyway.

Likeiwse, the bet is that we are going to get a lot of spells that are going to give us for-the-room pets, maybe Maya too.

From what we saw of Necromancy, the way it works seems to be 'summon ghouls, then you can drain the life of your ghouls to regain life". And that's if it's not just 'Dark', not Necromancy. Necromancy "Temporarily turn the enemies you kill into your allies", and the temporarily seems to indicate it not being a pet/companion. Unsure about Gravelord.

Anyway, Gravelord is not really at the top of my list either.

Yea, I think we frankly have enough pets

Not quite. We know that pets/summons that lasts a single rooms don't count, and that spells are static- their power is derived by the job equipped, by the skill magic level, and by the power of the character (as well as gear). This means our Frost Guardian will get weaker and weaker as times goes so we'll need to replace it with stronger versions anyway.
Are you sure about that? Maybe you have a quote handy?

I was under the impression that Maya's pets would accrue special abilities and stats as her skill got better, I assumed our frost guardian would be similar.

Are you sure about that? Maybe you have a quote handy?

I was under the impression that Maya's pets would accrue special abilities and stats as her skill got better, I assumed our frost guardian would be similar.
Maya's pets are possibly going to level, and they can also be switched. Moreoever, her skill for it is D-rank, so she has at least 2 other ranking up to go there, without even counting "level up of the pets and getting better pets".

Spells, however, are statics. We are going to get one huge buff to our Frost Guardian when it gets to rank B, and then we are going to get a huge Debuff when we switch our job for something else, as well as Buffs as we get better race mods/gear, but the Frost Guardian itself won't have any big change after it gets to B rank (unless we push for A-rank). This means the higher level we'll get, and the weaker comparatively it will get as the only thing that could make it better would be Gear/Power (though I guess If we gear up quickly enough...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back