1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Exalted Second Edition Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by Valette-Serafina, Dec 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

Because we didn't have one, and an argument cannot continue in the prior thread.

Sydonai and Plotvitalnpc like this.
  2. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

And y'know what? You had a shitty storyteller. That is very very clear.
    If you're just going to look at what locations are in the book, and sigh that the world seems a little small, the problem is that Exalted's setting was not filled out completly. There is more in the setting than the books give you.
    That's not my argument. That was never my argument.
    And see above.
    Lunars can learn how to respire Essence in the underworld.
    And a elder Lunar could hide a city from anyone who wanted to find it.

Sounds like a bloody brilliant adventure hook to me. Or one hell of a backstory. "Student of a Lunar, raised and educated in the underworld". Take Mentor 3-5, some backing...
    Yeah, that'd be neat. If I'm ever in a game where it'd fit, I'll float that concept. And if my potential ST shoots it down with "There's no such Lunar", I'll know to walk out.
    Just like how Creation is locked in an unending spiral of destructive conflict, constantly loosing the knowledge of the past, and no one can fix it? Oh my, if only there were some Exalted to confront the issues that the setting faces!

Che. No, you don't get anything on a silver platter. Of course there'll be conflict if you try to build anything there.
    Just like Solars who build glorious shiny kingdoms get a Wyld Hunt dropped on their heads.
    You clearly aren't looking. Abyssals have full combat suites, total mastery of necromancy, second circle sorcery, Celestial martial Arts and the option of learning Sidereal martial arts with a teacher, some of the most powerful Excellencies in the game, and an excuse to reskin almost any Solar charm. They craft just as well as Solars. They rule the dead just as well as Solars rule the living. They master knowledge, kill sickness, destroy wounds, run and jump and hide and notice just as well as Solars.

And Solars are kinda good at those things.

Yeah, it really does. Like, seriously. Unless you're ruling a cityful of gods or Dragonblooded, that's about as good as it gets.
    Stats are higher on average, they have Charms, they will not get sick, they will not bleed to death, they do not tire, they do not sleep...

Oh, and if you think the only use of a nation is an army, you're very wrong.

Fixable. War Charms, Integrity Charms, Necromancy of your own, Thaumaturgy...

Of course, a mortal army would have to worry about the same thing, every time they went up against a Solar. Or about being killed by an unending tide of vermin the night before the battle.

See, it turns out that the Deathlords are kinda a problem for everybody who wants to fight them, and that everybody needs to go to special lengths to muster an Army that can oppose them. Maybe you knew that?

Oh come on. Don't be that...
    Right. Here's the thing.

No matter what you do, people will oppose it. Some of them will be Exalted, and if you don't even try to get some of those Exalts on your side, they will break your things.
    On the other hand, if you do try, they might be on your side. This is not D&D. Even Solars can ally with the undead, and every single Exalt is an individual.
    Making a few assumptions here.

First, why leave? Ruling a nation in the underworld does not require an invasion of Creation.
    Second, Why not try and make a better way? That's a classic Exalted goal. It could even be a motivation.

Either you deliberately misread that, or my communication needs work.

Let me be 100% clear. Mortals < Ghosts. Ghosts can use Essence, Mortals cannot.
    Essence that can be used for such things as efficient Thaumaturgy, Artifact attunement, and even bloody Necromancy. Ghosts can reach Essence scores above 3. Ghosts can even gain Abilities and Attributes above 5.

As for ease of use, you seem to think they'd be in Creation. That's ridiculous.

And yet they achieve less when they do so.

Pit a group of high essence Terrestrials against the same number of Solars, and the Solars will probably win.
    Same goes for Lunars. And Sidereals, and Infernals, and Alchemicals who've got their charms on.

And yes, Same for Abyssals.

Well. I'll be sure to remember not to play in a game you're in.

gale, Bre Karn, Destrark and 2 others like this.