• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
does it take a candlemark from you to accept an invitation to something?

Also, have you been eating your second chances for the boost they offer?

Well, I can spare a candlemark. Or three.

I eat some, I keep some. Surprised Caligula limit is 15, though - I try to keep it 15, at first. Seems like I should go lower.

Well, I can spare a candlemark. Or three.

I eat some, I keep some. Surprised Caligula limit is 15, though - I try to keep it 15, at first. Seems like I should go lower.
i don't use them very often, so i only keep one or two around and eat the rest. I know that for me eating them is the fastest way to raise my stats, and i'm sitting around 130 for two of them and i still have significant benefits from using up my second chances that way

i don't use them very often, so i only keep one or two around and eat the rest. I know that for me eating them is the fastest way to raise my stats, and i'm sitting around 130 for two of them and i still have significant benefits from using up my second chances that way

Yeah, I'm thinking lowering the reserve to 10.

Hmm.

Oh, I'm trying Flash Lay. It seems it uses a lot of social Cards, so if I spam some of you, err. I'm sorry.

Hmm.

Oh, I'm trying Flash Lay. It seems it uses a lot of social Cards, so if I spam some of you, err. I'm sorry.
i'm fine with that, though i didn't think it sent them to people. the majority of opportunity cards don't actually have a 'send a message to an acquaintance' option

Just a note, I currently have Making Waves 9. I'd greatly appreciated if my Evening isn't free, since I need to deflect some Suspicion.

You know, I may as well piling up my Scandal.

I have Making Waves 10 now. And enough Suspicion and Scandals to make me a mite worried. Anyone wants to sent me Dante's Invite?

Alright,

I'm very close to being A Person of Significance - my main stat is finally 100 (with equipment!), I have nice dwelling (though I still need Hideaway), I have achieved something of Significance (Great Game and Master Thief storyline, to be precise), and I'm confident I can steal Bazaar Permit.

Unfortunately, I don't have 400 Echoes to buy formal outfit set. Any advice how to get that much? Raw Attributes are Watchful 92, Shadowy 90, Dangerous 91, Persuasive 96.

I also play. I've been a PoSI for about a year now. Currently I'm trying to grind for the immortality thing because I've pretty much done everything else I feel like doing.

I also play. I've been a PoSI for about a year now. Currently I'm trying to grind for the immortality thing because I've pretty much done everything else I feel like doing.

Do you mind confessing for Hallowmas, then?
... and what's your Fallen London name?

There lies the problem. I'm trying to keep my identity on QQ separate from my identity on SB/SV. I can't remember for sure but I may have mentioned my identity on fallen london over there at some point.

Sorry.

Alright,

I'm very close to being A Person of Significance - my main stat is finally 100 (with equipment!), I have nice dwelling (though I still need Hideaway), I have achieved something of Significance (Great Game and Master Thief storyline, to be precise), and I'm confident I can steal Bazaar Permit.

Unfortunately, I don't have 400 Echoes to buy formal outfit set. Any advice how to get that much? Raw Attributes are Watchful 92, Shadowy 90, Dangerous 91, Persuasive 96.
just buy a small collection of lesser items and put them on as you need for watch/shadow/danger/persuade. You don't need to hit 100 in everything at the same time.

There's also a drop-down menu that has a list of four things. these are your outfit sets, and you can use them to quickly swap sets of clothing for watch/danger/shadow/persuade. it's what i do. (it also took me more than a year of off and on playing to figure this feature out on my own)

just buy a small collection of lesser items and put them on as you need for watch/shadow/danger/persuade. You don't need to hit 100 in everything at the same time.

There's also a drop-down menu that has a list of four things. these are your outfit sets, and you can use them to quickly swap sets of clothing for watch/danger/shadow/persuade. it's what i do. (it also took me more than a year of off and on playing to figure this feature out on my own)

I've managed to be PoSI!
Incidentally, due to current event I'm looking forward to disposing my Making Waves. And a way of gaining Nightmares. I have 12 now - can I have an invite?

I've managed to be PoSI!
Incidentally, due to current event I'm looking forward to disposing my Making Waves. And a way of gaining Nightmares. I have 12 now - can I have an invite?
now that you're a full PoSI, i can no longer invite you to dante's. I'm also out of money for the invitations because i spent it on buying a tiger so that i can upgrade her to a +9 dangerous pet(and that sweet +2 BRD), assuming i can get a confession from feducci and lettice

I've managed to be PoSI!
you might be able to use your making waves to get to notability 1 or 2, i forget how much is needed for that first step.

edit; also i don't know how hollowmas works. i've had two seperate characters and i've not played around with either of them during this part of the year

Last edited:
There lies the problem. I'm trying to keep my identity on QQ separate from my identity on SB/SV. I can't remember for sure but I may have mentioned my identity on fallen london over there at some point.

Sorry.
I have a similar problem. I think my real name is still attached to my Fallen London account, so I can't really friend folks on QQ for it. I've been debating dropping some Fate for a name change, but haven't done it yet.

Okay, so this is my first proper week as PoSI!

...Why do I have Unaccountably Peckish?!

Not much to do with Unaccountably Peckish, as the story attached to it is something that is properly Lovecraftian dramedy: It will never end well.

Also, trying to re-raise myself back to Notability 5, darn it.

Hey! Just started playing this myself.

Quite fun, I've already bagged a giant rat and acted like a proper old INDETERMINATE GENDER yelling at those darn youngsters and their shroom hopping :D

I have 3 devilbone dice at this point. I wonder if there's ever going to be a use for them. Besides selling them for a measly 90 pennies I mean.

Ladies! Gentlemen! Both! Neither! I'd like to remind you that FEAST OF ROSE will happen in roughly a bit less than three weeks! Stock-up your Echoes, maybe even purchase Fate!

I have no idea what that means... But will 75 echoes suffice?

Feast of Rose is basically Valentine, where you can get all sort of Valentine content! And companions!

You can exchange gift with other players! But probably not, yeah. Valentine gift start at 10 Echoes to 30, and ideally you want to send as much as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back