• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Forum Organization

Nuit

L'immortale Capo
Announcements & Rules (Announcements & Feedback)
  • Rules and Notices
  • Suggestion Box
Writing
  • Stories
  • Quests and Roleplay
  • Play-by-post
  • Archive
Risqué Writing (Hidden)
  • Stories
  • Quests and Roleplay
  • Play-by-Post
  • Archive
Off-Topic
  • General
    • Rant
  • Lewd (Hidden) (Used to be NSFW General)

If you want the hidden forums to show by user choice you can made a User Group, lets call it Naughty Children, which can be joined with User Group Promotion, called Naughty List, based on a Custom User Field called Naughty List that can be checked in your Preferences. (It can take up to an hour for the cron to promote the user unless manually run from Admin > Tools)

All that's left then is to make the NSFW forums/subforums Private and ensure the new Naughty Children user group can view the private nodes.

http://cinvin.com/threads/xenforo-creating-private-forums.53/

Edit: Example

Last edited:
As it stands, the NSFW forums are already hidden from guests, and there's no particular reason why someone who doesn't want to see NSFW content can't just...not go there. We do enforce that NSFW content remains in the NSFW boards. Not really seeing the point of having yet another privilege gradation.

Mostly to give the member a choice in whether or not they see them.

It's hardly a matter of being traumatized, some just might prefer not to see them, and it's not limited to the front page. That should also hide the nsfw posts for regular members when they check out New/Recent Posts.

However, this thread was mostly about the reorganizing the categories/forums/subforums.

I agree with this general layout. Seems to make more sense, then say, PbP regular being its own category like the current set up.

I have no real opinion, one way or the other, on the minor forum reorganization.

As for the usergroup, that's just more trouble for us admins, as we have to set the permissions for each forum and subforum. Tedious.

I'm of the opinion that the current organization is fine. There's no need for yet another major change.

As for hiding the NSFW sections, why? We mark NSFW threads with [NSFW], so it's easy to tell them apart. No one's gonna wander in by accident.

Announcements & Rules (Announcements & Feedback)
  • Rules and Notices
  • Suggestion Box
Writing
  • Stories
  • Quests and Roleplay
  • Play-by-post
  • Archive
NSFW Writing
  • Stories
  • Quests and Roleplay
  • Play-by-Post
  • Archive
Off-Topic
  • General
    • Rant
  • NSFW General
This is the one I want. Everything stays the same category wise, just stuff like the PbP board getting folded under Writing General.

That makes more sense to me. But nothing being hidden and no real additional usergroup changes. Everything else would be fine as is.

Well, dunno if people would prefer regrouping archives in same general area or by category, but see no problem otherwise.

The hidden things primarily refers to non-members/guests not being able to seem them, which is how it works at the moment iirc. It's really quite easy to make them private for members only. Personally, I'd like it so we'd be rid of the NSFW prefix. Or at least we would make actually useful prefixes with an added
2hSYpOo.png
in front to distinguish them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back