• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

Chapter 1 - Genesis

5869 A.B.O.H, Gold Road, Sanus

Ērān ßassan

"-Although yes our peoples...
Chapter 1

Monarchist Guy

Cheese Overlord
Chapter 1 - Genesis

5869 A.B.O.H, Gold Road, Sanus

Ērān ßassan

"-Although yes our peoples are scattered, and the blood of our ancestors stain the grasses of our homeland, know this. One day we shall return to our homeland, and when that day comes it shall be with the legion of Ðemros and the reborn King Sārùm!" -Elder Ølfric

Reincarnation, something I had no care in the world for. So true was it in my mind that upon my death I would be reunited with all of my loved ones upon my death that I couldn't think of another notion, and as I died choking on my own blood that was all I thought of. I could see them, I could hear them, yet I was soon cast out of sight. Was it hell that I was in?

No, the next thing I could feel was an expressive haze, as if I was in the passenger's seat. I went through birth again, I suffered through all the menial things of childhood through the eyes of an adult man and through it all the most painful part was I held no control.

I was in the root of the back of a child's mind.

It took some time to ease into the situation, and soon found myself caring for this new family. They weren't wealthy, but they were happy, traveling with their clan. They were happy because they had each other.

"Mom! Are we there yet?" Ērān asked for the hundredth time. He spoke the Erdìan tongue well for one as young as seven. It was a strange one for certain, with many drawls in it. I myself had practiced the language in the crevasses of his mind. I had the spoken language down, however the runes confuse me to no end!

"Ērān, we'll be there soon. There is no need to badger." Ērān's mother, Māriyāh said. She was a rather beautiful women for her age, her blonde curly hair and sapphire blue eyes accentuating her mature look. Soon she handed the reigns over the carriage to Ērān's father Grēshām.

"Yeah Ērān! We'll be there when we get there!" Māihild, Ērān's older sister antagonized. She is around ten on this world's standards, as the year has 438 days instead of 365. So I would say she's roughly twelve? Maihild was a sweet girl, and her blonde locks and brown eyes seal the deal with me! Protect her innocence at any cost!

"Quite down children, we'll be there soon. Elder Ølfric said that we're about three days out of Sumire, at least so the markings in the Valish tongue say." Greshēm said, rubbing his black beard. If anything I see Ērān having his looks, only his mothers eyes being her only mark upon him.

"Valish? Whats a Valish?" Māihild asked, dipping her head to the side adorably. Although I myself was questioning who these Valish were, I could rather care less. The Erdìa Tribe is a migratory one, always traveling since they had lost their homeland eons ago in their war with the Onigari. Infact some of my (and to a greater extent Ērān's) favorite moments with Elder Ølfric is when he tells the mythos of the Erdìa. From the goddess Ishmāq to the great Legion of Ðemros to the great King Sārùm to even the Fall of Hiērushām, there are many mythos to the Erdìan people.

"Chief Greshēm!" one of the members of the Erdìa tribe rushed back to our carriage as the horses came to a halt. "There's a tree down in the path ahead!" he said, as Greshēm sighed, dismounting the carriage. "Well, let's go and see if we can get it moved."

With swagger Greshēm walked towards the front of the carriage train, likely to lift the damned tree all on his own knowing the goliath of a man. There was peace for a moment, as birds flew overhead, and the clouds began rolling in for future downpour. Then suddenly peace was stolen away.

*Vakroom*

*Vakroom*

*Vakroom*

*Vakroom*

*Vakroom*

Gunshots run out from the forest around, and men in armor began advancing. Ahead I and Ērān say uncle Yomudēn beheaded, and his daughter dragged into the woods, screaming in fear.

It wasn't long before Ērān was picked up and carried by his fleeing mother that I began to fear. What would come of me if Ērān dies? What about Greshēm? Surely he can beat any of these men in a fight with his stature and strength, but against gunfire? What of little Māihild? I can't do anything to change things, am I here to watch all these innocents perish painfully?

"What's happening mama?" Ērān asked. This must be the first bout of violence he's seen, and how horrible it was. The smell of copper in the air, the screams of agony.

*Vakroom*

Māriyāh fell to the ground, motionlessly on her side, Ērān and Māihild quickly got up, and survival instincts took hold as Māihild took Ērān by the hand and rushed forward. For a moment Ērān looked back to see Māriyāh's bloody corpse and the two men giving chase to them as they fled past the final carriage in the convoy, back the way they had come.

It was then while looking back that Ērān tripped, dragging Māihild with him down the slope of the crevasse on the side of the road, down passing tree's they went the branches of bushes leaving cuts in their skin that dirt happily filled. Soon the two came to a rest at the bottom of the hill, in a small clearing of the trees.

"Are we safe now, big sis?" Ērān asked, the sounds of fighting far from them. The sounds of birds twittering and water rushing fast through rocky rapids filled the air with the smell of pines. "I…I think so?" she said, wiping the tears from her eyes. Their mothers blood stained them both, as the sight of such human corruption stained their minds.

"W-We should move…" she said, before a sharp pain pierced both I and Ērān as we were kicked to the side, Ērān's head clashing against a stone as I could feel his skull fracture, as his lifeblood began to leak from his head. Looking back Ērān could see Māihild be brought down to the ground, as the two men towered over the two children.

"Well well well, look at what we have here!" The taller of the two said, gagging Māihild to stop her screams of terror. "Two Erdìan royal brats!" he said, as he began tying her hands and feet. Everything about me screamed to fight, despite knowing Ērān could do nothing against the two. It was obvious he has a concussion and likely will die if his head wound isn't seen too soon.

Yet despite that he stood up, defiant against insurmountable odds.

"Y-You leave my sister alone!" He said, entering a weak stance. Obviously he was mimicking his father, yet he hadn't the height nor the brawn as his father. "Ah? You really want to do this brat?" the smaller dark haired of the two said.

"Bran, we don't have the time." The other said, hauling Māihild over his shoulder.

"Relax Ogrim, let me have my fun!" he said, as he approached slowly. "Really wanna brawl kid? Well then, next time at least do it right!" he said, bringing his fist down quickly. One punch brought Ērān back to the ground, and soon more came as the bandit stood over Ērān. Punch after punch the bandit pummeled Ērān and the pain was obvious as bones broke and blood smattered the dirt.

Soon after the bandit grew tired, standing back up and grabbed Ērān by his foot. "Teach brats like you to challenge me…" he said, tossing Ērān's broken body into the rushing waters.

Ērān looked back, only to see his sister watching as he surely would drown. The moment of fear was pierced as the frozen waters carried Ērān and I under the waves, and try as one might, a broken body cannot fight the rushing waters. Bouncing from stone to stone and inhaling water, it is no surprise we both finally pass out, the rushing waters taking hold.

Slowly I awoke, coughing up water as I began standing up in a haze. The world around me twisted and turned as I brought my hand to my head as I- looked at my hand… that I could move.

Searching my surroundings I found an environment near alien to me, with the river much calmer and by far wider I panicked.

Rushing to the waters edge I looked and saw something that horrified me. I saw not my face, but Ērān's. And fear took hold. Why was I in control now? Did Ērān die? Did I take over his body? Is he now in the backseat watching? Have I truly just bodysnatched a child?! Looking closer the many wounds that Ērān has suffered and endured had slowly mended, the fractures fixed and a soft white glow sealed the cuts tight.

It was strange yet oddly familiar, though I could not place it. Oh well, I had known, at least by the wildlife and the moon that I had been reborn into a low fantasy world, surely magic wasn't so far fetched?
Calming down some I looked around, before spotting a road on the hill top, and started making my way up.

When I reached the dirt road I looked both left and right, and seeing a sign I tried to read it. Somehow it was English, which I could of course easily read. 'East 76 Miles - Sumire West 14 Miles - Vale'

Vale… Valish? So this city called Vale is closer… It was closer, and surely safer than going the seventy six miles to Sumire… plus I'm uncertain on if I would run into more bandits going that way… Vale is by far safer.

Picking up by breeches I started the only thing I could do.

Walk towards safety.

Alrighty then, first RWBY story I've made, so I guess I'm going to give this a try. I'll give a good extra on the tribe of the Erdia.

Erdìa Tribe
Erdìa Tribe

main-qimg-15ffb1fbeee7e347c99eb12c03af58da

History

The Erdìa are one of the peculiarities in the history of Remnant. These peoples inhabited the lands of sothern Anima long ago, and during the Bronze Age they were one of the strongest empires in the world. They conquered many lands and were the center of Remnant for many years, until the Iron age, brought about by the Oniguro of Mistral brought them to their knees. It was for many years they were subjugated by the Oniguro clan of Mistral until the legendary King Sārùm lead a slave revolt against the Oniguro and founded the city of Hiērushām, or in the Eldian Tongue the City of Kings. For many years they began to retake their privileges and lands until in the year 4192 the Oniguro rose again, battering the lands and destroying the city of Hiērushām, before expelling the people of Erdìa throughout Remnant, where they remain today one of the few migratory peoples in the world. It wasn't until recently that Mistral lifted their ban on the Erdìa people, though prejudices still are rank in its society.

ancient-roman-society.jpg

Society

The peoples of Erdìa were once quite industrious for their time. Their cities were rank with Silver and Gold and their buildings great monoliths of marble. Marble statues littered the streets and the peoples were happy. Though many suffered yet. The Slave Trade was rank in ancient Erdìa, with people's renown for their cruelty towards the faunus peoples. The Societal structure was quite different from the average Kingdom of the time, infact many modern government forms are based upon their design. With a King at the helm and a 'Senātus' giving the people their own voice.

mesopotamian-goddess-assyrian-culture-gilgamesh-legends_951778-25202.jpg

Religion

To this day most Erdìan peoples worship the goddess Ishmāq, the Lady of the Waters. She is renown as the Goddess of Rejuvenation and birth, and is said to be the wife of Sārùm, who rose to Godhood after death. The two watch over the people of Erdìa, and await the hour when Sārùm would be sent to Remnant to lead his people back to the land of milk and poppy.

Like the idea but i'm a bit confused. It's tagged Rwby but there is neither aura, faunus or grimm, at first i thought it was in a medieval era but suddenly there are guns, Mc and his family seem to be normal everyday people, but the bandits are calling him and his sister royalty? Like, i guess more will be explain later on further chapter but so far this chapter made me ask like 10 question without giving me a single answer :/

Like the idea but i'm a bit confused. It's tagged Rwby but there is neither aura, faunus or grimm, at first i thought it was in a medieval era but suddenly there are guns, Mc and his family seem to be normal everyday people, but the bandits are calling him and his sister royalty? Like, i guess more will be explain later on further chapter but so far this chapter made me ask like 10 question without giving me a single answer :/
backstory chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back