• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

GATE: and so the Iron Pact Fought (a GATE: and thus the JSDF Fought fic)

Ok, sorry for the god-forsaken long hiatus. Real Life was a complete and utter bitch. Subway took a lot of my energy (especially since it was doing Amazon BS), meaning that I had less time and energy for anything more than snippets. The only reason that I'm getting back into it now is because I've quit that job.

Now, this snippet can be considered a bit boring, as it deals with something that isn't that far from the game Papers Please, but it builds the world a little and deals with some of the problems of a world like Falmart interacting with our world. Like, say, new nasty strains of fucking Smallpox and its deranged bacterial cousin Depetheria.

Joint Remus-Alnus Customs Office; October 9th​, 2017

"Let me get this straight," I asked as my apprentices sat behind me, "due to some hacks selling poor quality potions and elixirs, you're putting every single potion and elixir into quarantine?"

The bureaucrat simply nodded yes despite the surprise of me being reasonable. "This is just a precaution, sir," the bureaucrat answered, "We take the health of everyone seriously around here." I sighed in understanding, knowing the problems of shoddy elixir and potion-making. Some of the problems faced by the Empire were because of such shoddy work in various transformation elixirs and potions. That's why the Alchemic Council and the various Alchemic Colleges were created, to ensure some level of standards and safety.

"I can understand that," I answered, "and my apprentices and I are more than willing to help you in that regard." The bureaucrat raised an eyebrow at that statement. "If you can give us the descriptions of the maladies, we can help you through the treatments. You've got my honor and my degree from the Salderan Alchemic College on that." My apprentices nodded in acceptance at that statement.

After that statement, there was a short, pregnant pause as the bureaucrat digested what I said.

"I'll have to get authorization from my superiors," the bureaucrat replied. However, you'll still need to undergo screening, just as a precautionary measure."

"That I can understand completely," I commented, "I've seen enough people suffer to live several lifetimes…"

"Well, at least these guys are not trying to curse me out because of those incidents…" Daniel Rodriguez thought to himself as he finished up the required paperwork on his desktop, "something different than the annoyance of the last four dozen guys." Daniel remembered the litany of curses that several groups of alchemists spewed when he told them that their regents were to be under quarantine. "… and there, the last of the paperwork is done. Just follow the yellow line, and you'll get a medical screening." With that, the small group of 'Alchemists' followed the yellow line towards the medical pavilion.

"Well, that's the third group this week," my superior stated on the CyberComm, "What we've gathered from Cato is surprisingly on the money. We'll be going to expedite their process to get them to be the local advisors in the little epidemic we've been having; the faster we get that under control, the better."

"That's good to hear,"
I commented, "The group in question is already heading to medical to undergo inspection. If all goes well, then they'll be putting their minds to the problem within the next 48 hours."

"It might be longer than that. We've got a variant of smallpox in the current crop of arrivals that has everyone in a tizzy,"
my superior replied, "While it isn't as bad as some of the crazy weaponized variants that our or the Soviet bio war programs produced, it's causing problems. Thankfully, we stopped a diphtheria outbreak yesterday, so we'll be forcing everyone to undergo immunization testing." I sighed. That sort of thing is going to push things for several days. While our computers are good, the laundry list of required immunizations still takes most of the day to complete, and given that Alnus Town or Remus Town has been drawing roughly a hundred people per day, that means legit days before everything is taken care of.

"I'll have to send word to our future advisors, then," I complained, "Why does our job get harder?"

"… from what I've heard from Wolfenstein, you don't want to know,"
my superior stated, "Let's just say things are going to go bad to worse right now, especially since the local players are making their move." I tried to restrain myself from beating my head against the desk in frustration. "Just continue on and make sure things go smoothly."

I sighed before I began processing the next person. It's going to be a long day indeed…

Last edited:
This is not threadmark
These snippets are not the final product. I'm taking a page from @Kiyone4ever and his Gate fic (The Janus Campaign), where I post snippets of the next chapter to gauge the reactions of the snippet and get any help with anything that my spellcheck and whatnot misses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back