• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Only Russia and the US. And if you don't think Imperial Russia was led by out of touch aristos, then your history books were fake.
I mean Imperial Russia had its share of competent ministers its just the whole problem of Russian society was that the court politics was a schizophrenic division of labor at best that had no coherent and functional rule set to actually operate on (this is best demonstrated by the Russian Army of the period, but also applied to within the foreign ministry and domestic politics), which is the arguably bigger problem for the long 19th century.

Last edited:
I have a really shity day. My steam account access just get removed by steam staff. So my old phone number is dead, and I want to change it. They said I need to provide the first email used on my account, here where my stupid self admit that this account was gifted from my friend decades ago, and my friend can't remember the first email either. And poof, my access to my account just got removed because that was against Tos. Sorry to rant here, I just really need to unload that. Here's hoping there is a new chap to read from my watched story to escape from this absurdity.

I have a really shity day. My steam account access just get removed by steam staff. So my old phone number is dead, and I want to change it. They said I need to provide the first email used on my account, here where my stupid self admit that this account was gifted from my friend decades ago, and my friend can't remember the first email either. And poof, my access to my account just got removed because that was against Tos. Sorry to rant here, I just really need to unload that. Here's hoping there is a new chap to read from my watched story to escape from this absurdity.
Ouch. How many games did you have on that account?

Admittedly, the friend should have been able to use their current email and your payment structure/credit cards to get the information, I think, but if that ban has already gone through, yeah, the account might be gone and unrecoverable. At minimum, said friend would need to do it if it can be done.

I hope you get your access restored. This kind of stuff is just shy of outright theft imo.

Tell them you were drunk, and meant to say that you in fact were gifted games / money to buy games by your friend. Or that you are a hopeless boomer, and that your friend helped you set up your account, and he can't remember the email used, which was what you meant to say.

Be polite, remember to apologize for fucking up, and ask nicely if they could please restore it.

So I was rewatching Hellbound on Netflix and is it just me, or does this guy in the opening scene survive a just ridiculous amount of damage before dying?
To be fair, a lot of that was clearly them playing with their food like a cat. So you can consider most of the damage to be far less than those things could easily inflict. As shown by how it took time for that glass to break when they also had no trouble smashing a car hood in.

The only part that is "should have killed but didn't" is the swinging him around by his head. That would have broken his neck and ended it fast.

The rest is pretty survivable if the attacker isn't trying to kill.

To be fair, a lot of that was clearly them playing with their food like a cat. So you can consider most of the damage to be far less than those things could easily inflict. As shown by how it took time for that glass to break when they also had no trouble smashing a car hood in.

The only part that is "should have killed but didn't" is the swinging him around by his head. That would have broken his neck and ended it fast.

The rest is pretty survivable if the attacker isn't trying to kill.
Fair enough. I was just struck by the sheer brutality it all.

Honestly, I love that series. No supernatural masquerade here, the demons just show up wherever their mark is and get down to business.

Anyone know what happened to Beware of Chicken by Torsten Hewson?

Anyone know what happened to Beware of Chicken by Torsten Hewson?
From what I recall and understood, the author had a deal with Amazon or another distributor that included removing the original books. Because they wanted to make money and you can't really turn a profit when the books are still public for free. That upset some people. I don't know much beyond that, but BoC seems to continue with regular updates again.

How much water is too little water? I think I drink enough

But I've been exercising more strenuously even for just 1 hour straight, the past 2 weeks

Keep waking up 2-4 to drink water

Is there really something about sipping rather than gulping? I do the latter

But I've been exercising more strenuously even for just 1 hour straight, the past 2 weeks

I'm more than a bit of a gymrat and I'm cycling creatine pretty heavy rn so take this with a grain of salt (hah pun), but I try to intake about 5 liters a day, or a bit shy of 1 and 1/3 gallons. Assuming you're a man of average height and weight and your basal metabolic rate is fairly normal, a bit shy of a gallon, or about 3.5 liters, is probably ideal. Idk if there's any huge difference between sipping or gulping, but in my experience the main thing is consistency. I'm at work for 9 hours a day (including my hour lunch) and within that 9 hours I try to drink about 3 liters. I'm at the gym, that's another liter. I come home and make dinner and go about my evening, that's another liter. If I know I'm going out for drinks or to hit the club or anything where I'll be ingesting alcohol, I'll usually try to bump it up another 500ml.

My first aid friend just tells me 'if your piss ain't clear, death is near' so I end up drinking at least two liters of water a day sometimes more depending on how strenuous my activity level is due to paranoia.

My first aid friend just tells me 'if your piss ain't clear, death is near' so I end up drinking at least two liters of water a day sometimes more depending on how strenuous my activity level is due to paranoia.
That's not entirely true. Overhydration can also kill you, though it takes a lot more.

If you're pissing water, you're overhydrated, slow down a little, or at least sip instead of chug. If you're pissing orange juice, you're a little dehydrated. If you're pissing pulpy opaque OJ you're dangerously dehydrated, and you can probably smell it. Darker and smellier it is the worse it is. You want apple juice, clear yellow. That's about right.

As a general rule the human body expects to receive between 1.5-2 litres of water a day for what is considered normal modern activity. If you are exercising, not only does that go up, but you need extra salt and electrolytes too. There is a possibility the issue you face isn't hydration but rather the other minerals you are expending.

As a general rule the human body expects to receive between 1.5-2 litres of water a day for what is considered normal modern activity. If you are exercising, not only does that go up, but you need extra salt and electrolytes too. There is a possibility the issue you face isn't hydration but rather the other minerals you are expending.
What annoys me is no store sells 1,5 L water bottled. It's always close but never exact.

What annoys me is no store sells 1,5 L water bottled. It's always close but never exact.
... You don't live in Australia do you? We have water bottles that you can refill that are 1.5 litres. Not quite what you're looking for, but pretty damn good.

See through purple, Coles definitely has them.

I think you can only absorb maybe a pint an hour, but I'm not sure there's a difference between filling your stomach with that pint each hour or trickling a couple ounces every few minutes.

Watching Midsommar right now and do any of y'all think that the movie was written so you'd want to see most of the characters killed by Nordic hippies on purpose?

Because goddamn these people are assholes
No I wanted armed police to storm the entire compound and gun down every living thing in there, including the dumbass tourists.

No I wanted armed police to storm the entire compound and gun down every living thing in there, including the dumbass tourists.
Yeah, I'm not too sanguine about the commune's practices either, but holy shit these college people are douchebags.

I mean, the hippies are an isolated culture centered around hallucinogens, euthanasia of the elderly, and human sacrifice, but at least they aren't constantly fucking each other over in petty and not so petty ways.

Same, but with Adeptus Sororitas or House Caewan instead. And they provide the Emperor's Peace to the victims of the cult while leaving the compound a barren scorched wasteland.

Yeah, I'm not too sanguine about the commune's practices either, but holy shit these college people are douchebags.

I mean, the hippies are an isolated culture centered around hallucinogens, euthanasia of the elderly, and human sacrifice, but at least they aren't constantly fucking each other over in petty and not so petty ways.

This is obviously propaganda by the hallucinogen, euthanasia, and human sacrifice industry.

How to delete everything in an SSD without breaking it? When it's more than 3TB worth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back