• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

I'm once again reminded:

You know that bit from Labyrinth? And half a dozen other stories?

The riddle where you wind up at a fork in the road, with two people. You can ask each one question, and one always tells the truth while the other always lies.

The technically correct answer is "If you were the other, which path would you say is the correct one?" and the liar points to the wrong path because the honest one would point to the correct path, while the honest one points to the same path because he knows the liar would lie and say the wrong path is the right one. So you go the other way.

Seems simple enough.

Well yes, but actually no. In any practical situation, encountering two riddlers at a fork in the path is weird and suspicious. If you're indeed questing, they were likely both sent by your villain.

So the actual answer is that they're BOTH lying. Also entirely possible that both paths are wrong and there's a third path, either oblique or counter-intuitive, especially when dealing with things like Fae (again, Labyrinth,) where the shortest distance between two points may not in fact be a line.

Well yes, but actually no. In any practical situation, encountering two riddlers at a fork in the path is weird and suspicious. If you're indeed questing, they were likely both sent by your villain.
I mean, you don't normally see puzzles and riddles in a straightforward 'slay the dragon' type of quest. Those are more commonly found when the quest is to prove you're worthy of something, like a magic item or sigil of authority. Proving you're clever helps prove you'll use the reward wisely.
So the actual answer is that they're BOTH lying. Also entirely possible that both paths are wrong and there's a third path, either oblique or counter-intuitive, especially when dealing with things like Fae (again, Labyrinth,) where the shortest distance between two points may not in fact be a line.
On the other hand, given how ubiquitous the two guards puzzle is, that's still valid. The person who uses the tried-and-true solution isn't demonstrating actual cleverness, they're just relying on other peoples' wisdom. So they get found unworthy and are punished.

Personally, I've always found the best answer to fuck up the rote reply is 'I don't know.' The liar knows what the honest guard will say, so it's a lie; the honest guard doesn't know what lie the liar will tell, so it's the truth.

I accidentally unsubscribed from QQ on my Emails and now I don't get email notifs though I'm pretty sure my settings say I should, anyone know how to help?

Wasn't really sure where to post this...

Watching The Warrior and the Sorceress right now and in addition to the amazing four breasted stripper/assassin who really did look like she had four breasts, Maria Sorcas did not once wear shoes or have her breasts covered.

Amazing stuff.

Also, David Carradine was in it. Had some decent swordfight choreography at the end.

I've put my 1OkayBlock app to make it so I can't access a number of manga sites

I have already amassed a large number of download reaching almost 4TB

Now, my intention is only to read completed series. Mostly because I hate waiting for the next chapter, every week

Watching 1978 Dawn of the Dead and in the beginning, when the main characters are getting ready to leave in the helicopter, some other guy who's gonna be heading out by boat asks them if they have any cigarettes and everyone in the chopper shakes their head and tells 'em no.

He leaves and they take off and immediately light up some cigarettes. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back