• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Godslayers and Goddesses (Nikke X Destiny, Semi-Crack)

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

An incursion into the Vex network during the Endless Night results in the Last City making contact with two other last bastions of mankind. Then those bastions have to be evacuated because of the Vex.

The Vanguard wishes things could be simpler.
Prologue New

Flameal15k

The Traitor Commander
Been feeling like doing something with Nikke and Destiny will not get off my brain. So here we are.

Leave your thoughts after the author's note.

XxXxX

Ikora skimmed through the report, occasionally stopping at some of the more outrageous portions. Why did the Young Wolf have to get into such absurd situations?

Sighing, Ikora composed herself, then glanced upwards at the Guardian in question. Clad in armor gifted by the Eliksni of the House of Light, his amber eyes stared at her, a look of discomfort coloring his face.

Clustered around him were a collection of female figures - human in appearance, but closer in nature to Exos beneath the skin. Nikkes, they were called. Five of them now sat around him - one wearing a blue and white outfit that, according to Golden Age records and claims by Executor Hideo, was used as a school uniform in South Eastern Asia, while another wore a gray and black combat uniform and jacket. The third wore a red and black uniform with a beret and skirt, while the fourth wore what could charitably be called a black skinsuit. Finally, the last among them was a girl with hair so white, the Warlock Vanguard wondered if it was bleached. Her attire, meanwhile, was a mixture of black armor, the white remains of an uncertain article of clothing, and gray, almost transparent fabric elsewhere.

There were others, too, most of whom were further back in the room. Ikora pointedly ignore how revealing some of their outfits could be.

"So, Guardian," she asked, "is this report complete?"

"As complete as possible."

"I see. So, if I am reading this correctly, while exploring one of the nodes in the Vex Network with Mithrax's assistance, you ended up on an alternate Earth."

"Correct."

"There, you encountered another group of humans called the Ark, which were opposed to an invading army of mechanical lifeforms known as Raptures."

"Also correct."

"Due to having no way to determine a method to return home, you offered your services to the Ark in exchange for their assistance, and were made into a commander of their military forces."

"That's true."

"..You being promoted to Commander so easily is either an indication of talent the Vanguard has not noticed or an indictment against the Ark."

"Probably both," conceded the Nikke in orange and gold.

"Excuse me?"

Instantly, the girl blanched. "Ack, sorry! I'm Anis, of Counters squad. We're the Commander's squad."

"Understood. May I presume that the rest of these…Nikkes clustered around you are also part of Counters?"

The Young Wolf nodded. "I think introductions are in order."

The girl in white shot up instantly. "I'm Neon, and firepower is my game!"

"Rapi," said the girl in red and black.

"Call me Red Hood," said the one in the black skin-suit.

"My name is Marian," spoke the last Nikke. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Noted. I am Ikora Rey of the Vanguard, and while I wish it was under better circumstances, welcome to the Last City."

"Wait," said the most scantily clad of the five Nikkes beside the Young Wolf, "you're his boss?"

"I am his superior. Why do you ask?"

"Oh, no reason. He just has a lot of respect for you. Nice to finally tie a face to that name."

"...Thank you."

Refocusing on the Young Wolf, Ikora took a deep breath. "While I'm certain that this report will explain everything in detail, for the sake of brevity and immediately understanding the situation we are now in, I require a direct answer: why are we now dealing with a sudden human refugee crisis in addition to the arrival of the House of Light?"

For a moment, everyone else in the room froze up. Then all eyes darted to a trio of Nikkes - one a blue-haired girl in a military uniform, another appearing to be a child wearing clothing better suited to an office worker, and finally a more mature woman who looked exhausted and really needed a more covering pair of pants. Said trio instantly wilted, with the blue-haired one blushing in discomfort. "Hey, stop it! We thought it was just another Gatekeeper incident. How were we supposed to know that the things it summoned this time didn't need it to keep coming back to Earth? And what about Dorothy?"

The pink-haired Nikke was currently sitting with three others, mouth taped shut and arms bound, but Ikora paid her no mind, instead focusing on what the blue-haired girl had said.

"Gatekeeper? Did this involve another Gate Lord?"

"No," denied the Guardian. "It's a type of Rapture. Long story with that one."

"So it seems. Are there any other topics that require immediate discussion?"

The minute she said that, Marian, Rapi, and Red Hood all glanced at their commander, who simply nodded. Without a word, all three held out their right hands, and in each materialized a ghost.

"...Oh."

XxXxX

AN: Ugh, finally done.

Alright, so, yeah, Nikke and Destiny fic. Want to do something while I figure out what to do with my other Destiny stories.

First, background stuff:

1. This story is semi-crack. Mostly serious, but some silly moments.
  2. Plot-wise, this takes place concurrently with Season of the Splicer for D2 and around Chapter 15 for Nikke.
  3. I still haven't decided on a name for the Commander, which is why he is unnamed here.
  4. Every Nikke in the game excluding the Heretics making up the Four Beasts is currently with the Commander. This includes Exotic, Nihilister, Indivilia, Crown, and Chime.
  5. Yes, Marian, Rapi, and Red Hood are risen. If I had to give them classes, Rapi is Titan, Red Hood is a Hunter, and Marian is a warlock.
  6. Regarding what Privaty was saying (yes, that was Privaty who was talking about all the looks she was getting), the Point of Divergence was a Gatekeeper incursion that caused Vex from the Sol Divisive to be summoned to the world of Nikke. The incursion was mostly handled as normal, though it caused Eden and the Ark to meet way ahead of schedule. Both sides acquired Vex samples to study, on the grounds that the samples would vanish when the Gatekeeper woke up (the Gatekeeper is a giant rapture who has the ability to summon things from other universes via its dreams. It is the canon explanation for all crossover events in Nikke). Unfortunately for the Ark and Eden, they never considered the possibility that whatever the Gatekeeper summoned can naturally punch holes in the laws of reality in ways that make even the Angels from Evangelion look like child's play.

So, yeah, AN done. Will post the next chapter when my muse gets motivated. Until then, Read and Review! This is Flameal15k, signing off!

1. Home Lost New
Neon and Anis watched as the Commander, Marian, Rapi, and Red Hood headed off toward a different part of the Tower, leaving the duo alone.

"...Should we head over to the…what did Ikora say the name of the place we were staying was?" asked Neon.

"She said it was the Minerva District," was Anis' answer. "Let's just get going."

XxXxX

Minerva District

The Minerva District had been among the many districts abandoned following the Red War. While it had been marked for repair, time and resources had put it on the backburner while other districts, such as Botza, Peregrine, and Ridgeback, were refurbished. Due to the strange circumstances of the most recent incursion into the Vex Network, though, the Minerva District had unexpectedly become home to a…very large number of refugees. Some of whom did not get along.

Of course, for Michael, why all of this was happening flew beyond his head. A six year old wasn't exactly someone who could understand the various issues with the Ark. Or why all the Outer Rim people all got angry at everyone living in the Ark. Or why the Eden people gave his parents dirty looks. Was it because they worked for Elysion?

A rumbling noise turned his attention toward the docks, where the Admire had hastily been transported after the strange plant robots had started attacking. More worrisome was that big white Rapture floating nearby it, seemingly ignorant of the ship's presence. Michael couldn't figure out why the giant Rapture was listening to the man in the Rapture suit, but somehow, it wasn't trying to kill everyone, so that was a plus. In a way, it was funny, seeing a squad of Nikkes being completely confused by a..well, not really nice, but perhaps neutral Rapture. It was also a warm thought - maybe Raptures weren't all bad.

Of course, the main reason Michael was focusing on this was to ignore how bad everything else was. Despite so many people having made it safely to this new city, the day everyone dreaded had come - the Ark had fallen. The only home all of them had known was gone now, and they would have to start over here. That had been…hard on everyone. His mom and dad hadn't even spoken to Michael or his baby sister after finding a house to stay at, just sat on chairs and stared somewhere. He remembered seeing Absolute looking, well, haunted - they had faced their failure, and it hurt. Matis also seemed to be out of it, as did Cafe Sweet. Happy Zoo had found the first building that could hold all of their animals and held a giant cuddle session, but there was no warmth in it - just a sense of longing. It seemed that this was the case everywhere - everyone felt the tinge of loss.

Michael understood that, on some level. But at the same time, the wonder of this new city was too much to keep him down. It was strange, seeing the sky for the first time. Not the screen on the ceiling of the Ark, but the actual sky, with clouds and storms, and all that. The giant sphere was weird, but it wasn't too scary.

This was the end of the Ark, yes. But all ends are beginnings.

XxXxX

Several Hours Ago

"This is Rouge, I've finished evacuating Coin Rush, but-"

"Helm reporting: we've destroyed the large flyer, but another one is coming. We're running out of ammunition for the Admire-"

"THIS IS YUNI, I NEED HELP! MIHARA PASSED OUT AND-"

Groaning in rage and annoyance, the Commander muted the comms. Instead, he turned his attention to the video terminal, which had unfortunately been reduced to just sending and receiving text.

YW: Does anyone read?

CZ: This is Commander Zavala. Your message has been received, Guardian.

YW: Well at least that went right.

CZ: Do you have any idea how insane what you are asking is?

YW: Yes, but I think all the alternatives are worse.

IR: Regardless, we are racing against time to mount the largest rescue and evacuation effort since the Red War. We must make a decision, and now.

CZ:Fine. Mithrax, can you assist?"

MK: It will be difficult, but it can be done. The coordinates you have provided make this easier, though.

YW: Thanks. Any other aid?

IR: Saint, Ana, and Shaxx are preparing to intervene, as is the Drifter. We're preparing to transmat the ordnance you requested as well. But please, be careful - this was salvaged from the Almighty before it was put on a collision course with the last city, and I cannot stress how dangerous it is.

YW: Your concern is appreciated. But I need to go right now - I have guests.

CZ: You are writing a full report on this when you return.

YW: Understood.

The Guardian terminated the transmission just as the rest of Counters returned, bringing with them Real Kindness, Mana, Exotic, Matis, Absolute, Cafe Sweet, Infinity Rail, Anderson, and the Big Three's CEOs.

Syuen, of course, wasn't happy with this. "Seriously? We're under attack and you dragged us up here?"

"For once, I'm with Syuen here," added Ingrid. "You better have a good reason for this."

Mustang just nodded in agreement.

"Of course the Commander has a good reason, he's unbeatable!"

Anis rolled her eyes, but couldn't help smiling at Neon's optimism. "Well, you do always have a plan for victory."

The Commander just sighed in response. "Yeah, well, not this time."

That hit everyone else in the room like a slap to the face. "WHAT?!"

"I know what we are fighting, and honestly? I think the Ark is already lost."

"Really?" questioned Eunwha. "You truly intend to give up that easily?"

"I know my limits. And I'm saying the Ark is lost - not the people in it."

"So, what?" asked Milk. "Are you saying we should evacuate the Ark? In case you didn't notice, we have nowhere else to go!"

"I'll handle that. I just need help making sure these things don't follow us."

"If that's the case, why don't you just blow up the Ark?" asked Crow. The stares everyone else gave her only served to amuse the terrorist Nikke. "It'd bury them down here where they won't be able to escape too easily."

"Wouldn't that require some big explosives?" asked Jackal.

"Of course it would-"

"Would these be big enough?" asked the Commander as he handed the grubby-looking Nikke a tablet.

"....Yeah, but you'd need something big to carry them on…no way."

Crow was not the only one with an objection. "Commander!"

"I know, Diesel.."

"But she-"

"I KNOW!" shouted the guardian, "and if I had a better solution I would be using it. But I am out of options here!"

"Do you even have an idea how to get everyone moving?" asked Maxwell. "There's a couple million people in the Ark."

"Maybe I could help with that," spoke the masked member of Real Kindness, Sin.

"No," answered Mana. "You are not permitted to-"

"Are you volunteering?" asked the Commander.

"Really? You're asking me that question right now? I'm hurt, Counselor-"

Before Sin could get any further, the Commander extended a hand toward her, cause a strange blue projectile to shoot forward. Sin flinched when it hit her, but surprisingly she felt no pain, only a sense of coldness coming from her face mask. She barely had time to process this sensation before the Commander grabbed said mask and pulled.

The cybernetic mask, meant to keep in check a voice capable of enthralling anyone who heard it, shattered.

For a moment, Sin couldn't even think, instead feeling around a portion of her face that hadn't been exposed to air for years. But then the Commander surprised her yet again by taking a microphone and tablet and shoving them toward her. When she glanced up at him in confusion, the man simply sighed.

"Start reading."

Everyone's eyes shrank at those words. They shrank again when suddenly, a set of colossal artillery shells appeared in the loading bay they'd hastily met at, alongside a crate containing remote detonated explosives. Without bothering to look at the newly arrived ordnance, the Commander opened a different crate and pulled out several boxes of ear plugs, the first of which he shoved into Syuen's hands.

"What the hell is this for?!"

His response was to point at Sin.

"...Oh. This is really bad, isn't it?"

The guardian merely nodded. Then he glanced at Exotic and Infinity Rail.

The two squads glanced at each other, faces plastered with shock, then started loading up the shells. The rest of the squads present soon joined them.

"So, can we handle Eden yet, Guardian?"

"Soon."

XxXxX

AN: And that concludes chapter 1.

Now, onto the notes:

First, I'm writing these notes on the assumption that some of you are familiar with one half of the crossover but not the other, so I apologize if I baby some of you here.

Still trying to get a feel for how a lot of the Nikke cast feels. This was why Mustang didn't speak so much.

The Last City is implied to be where Santiago, Chile is IRL based on when we see its location from space during Season of the Seraph. I'm not sure if the city is big enough to reach the coastline, so if you want, you can assume the Admire is in a large lake.

The big rapture and the guy in the Rapture Suit are Raptalion and his Mother Whale.

Wanted to show just how badly everyone from the Ark is taking their evacuation - this is probably the day all of them have dreaded, just like how the arrival of the Black Fleet is the day the Vanguard dreaded.

For context regarding Crow and Infinity Rail, the Nikke known as Crown is the leader of the terrorist group Heavenly Ascension, and acts as the main villain for the second major arc of Nikke's story. She's probably the only irredeemably evil Nikke in the game. Prior to being turned into a Nikke, she bombed a train that was carrying the girls who would become Infinity Rail, killing everyone on board. One of the casualties was the brother of Diesel of Infinity Rail, who is still traumatized about it to the present day (when they added in special gifts you could give Nikkes, Diesel's gift is a toy train she meant to give her brother but never could, and seeing it gives her bad memories). This stuff isn't revealed until well after chapter 15, hence my earlier claims of this story not completely lining up with the main Nikke storyline.

Nikke!Crow and Lightbearer!Crow will not meet for a while.

Since I haven't said it in my other stories involving him, RIP Lance Reddick - I've been meaning to say that elsewhere, but all my stories that feature characters he played have stalled out before said characters actually show up.

Real Kindness are all criminal Nikkes that the player has to rehabilitate in a special part of the Outpost (your homebase in Nikke). This means completing a special set of missions that cycle daily until you get 3600 points. For this story, the Commander has gotten through all of them.

Sin was arrested for using her voice to manipulate others into doing her bidding, and is still manipulative without it - her first few counseling sessions have her blatantly and subtly manipulating the players, which they eventually catch on to. For this reason, she is never allowed to take off her mask and has to eat everything as a liquid. She even tries to figure out what kind of circumstances would get the Commander to take the mask off for her.

The Commander not only taking the mask off, but
completely destroying it, was mostly to set the stakes here. Everyone else except maybe Counters assumed the Commander was pulling stuff out of his ass regarding the evacuation plan. Making it clear that he was willing to mind control everyone in the Ark to make it happen silenced all those doubts. It also cowed Exotic into submission, and for the time being made Infinity Rail drop the issue, because again, if he's willing to cross that big a line to evacuate the Ark, then he probably has a really good reason for it.

Probably going to divide this story into normal chapters and sidestory stuff for the future. Until then, Read and Review at your leisure! This is Flameal15k, signing off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back