• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Hanging a man

Olive

Getting sticky.
lamp01.jpg

No, not that kind.

My friend and I have recently, for lack of anything better to do, taken up playing hangman in any spare time, and on any surface that can be written over repeatedly. However I fear I'm slowly running into a metaphorical wall, as it's slowly becoming harder and harder to think up words that can trip him up.

So here I am, asking what I assume to be a group of well-read, well-mannered people for help. Any words that you think are esoteric, strange, or simply obscure would be greatly appreciated. The only rules are: No four letter words, no propper nouns, and in English.

Some words from the top of my head that we've already used- Surcrease, greave, cymbal, pavlovian, vinyl, wizen, addict and rivulet.

http://voices.yahoo.com/50-obscure-english-words-impress-friends-5039578.html

Apotropaic. Deque. Theremin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cartouche

Bombastic

Mathematical

Aphotic

onomonotopeia

Vulpine

Razzmatazz. For such a long word you would expect more unique letters than it actually has. On top of that, repeating Z's aren't very common, and assuming he even gets the right letter their placement will be a stumper.

I've always liked to start a game with Quiz. Four letters so they don't feel pressured, all unique so more guesses and neither of the contestants are common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back