1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hermione Granger and The Boy-Who-Lived

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Zaster, Nov 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greatazuredragon

Greatazuredragon Connoisseur.

Deadpool shows up:
    "Yeah, I know the feeling!"
    :p

2. Mastersgt

Mastersgt Experienced.

Yeah, been mostly speed-reading the postings on this site till it caught up with SB or I spotted something new/different.

Aurain likes this.
  3. Zaster

Zaster (verified cape)

For now? Just more locations. Don't know if that'll change, but that's the plan for now.

Thanks for reading.

4. Sowa

Sowa Know what you're doing yet?

that was really nice chapter but later it was not mentioned again - it could be nice to have some mention or something of Hermione writing letter (even if she is likely still making mistake by lying by omission - I think that she could try harder to keep contact than in original timeline)

5. Despondent_Riolu

Despondent_Riolu I am a sad anthropomorphized fox boy, what of it?

rotary impeller

Cheshirek4t likes this.
  6. kalifianto

kalifianto homines opprimitur sed elves concupisces

I really love this. You are able to weave the childish wonder the Philosopher's Stone had, and your Harry acts very much his age.

And the consequences are logical.
    Alas, poor Snape. No one missed him.

Lucho9 and Zaster like this.
  7. veekie

veekie Connoisseur.

He died well at least.

kalifianto likes this.
  8. Jannika

Jannika Getting sticky.

I guess it's possible that they forgot about pettigrew but it kind of bugs me that that gets forgotten at the most convenient time.

9. renextronex

renextronex Versed in the lewd.

Dammit. This fic is going to give me diabetes

Zaster likes this.
  10. Kris-71854

Kris-71854 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Harry's brainstorming ideas suck. I get that Draco is an annoying dork and all. Kidnapping/detaining him isn't the thing. It's who he suggesting that to and when. They aren't exactly in the middle of the war again. (They are at the start of the next really.)

None of them are really mentally or morally flexible enough for that.

The Lion's were attacked in the common room and the village was attacked. Harry and Hermione are lucky getting off with using the AKs. They really shouldn't.

I'm going to say the main reason that they did is because that spell is actually easy and clean. It's not like the pair suddenly were dueling experts right when they needed to be. They were panicked first years against a guy that was able to win against the entire Lion's common room.

I can see why Harry usually needed to steal the cup and all. The diary might still end up coming to Hogwarts next year. Malfoy doesn't know what it actually is or does. I could see the same plot happening. It depends on if Peter goes after it first. At this point, I doubt Peter will be returning to the Weasleys. Then again he could surprise me.

Lucho9 likes this.
  11. Threadmarks: π34:: The Rest of the Day
    Zaster

Zaster (verified cape)

A/N: guess I finished the newest chapter much sooner than I thought I would.

That Afternoon.

Sunday, Sept. 15

“I’m hungry,” Harry said a few minutes later, and the boy’s words caused Hermione to realise that she was hungry too.

Quite so, in fact. Which, frankly, was only to be expected, considering that she’d barely eaten anything the night before and had skipped breakfast this morning. And that was before taking into consideration the substantial of physical activity that she’d engaged in over the last several hours.

Honestly, Hermione was more than just hungry at this point, she was ravenous, and oddly enough, she’d only just noticed.

“Come on,” Harry said as he stood, then held out his hand for her to take, “let’s go get some food.”

Hedwig flew to them, perching on Hermione’s shoulder, and together, they made their way to The Great Hall.

The Great Hall was sparsely populated when Hermione and Harry got there, but there were still covered trays full of food present.

This was only possible because it was the weekend, Hermione knew, as while Hogwarts had strict mealtimes on weekdays (probably to discourage students from loitering, the girl suspected), with all the food but water and drinks disappearing on the dot, things were more... fluid on the weekends, allowing anyone to come in at almost any time for a meal.

The two first-years headed for the Gryffindor table, which was virtually empty, but for a handful of sixth or seventh-years at the far end.

Even with the few people present, Hermione and Harry still drew stares and whispers as they took their seats at the Gryffindor table.

Both children ignored it easily, barely even noticing.

They served themselves, their hunger driving them to load up plates with more food than they could probably finish.

Hedwig joined them, and for a few minutes, they ate silently.

A loud, chattering group barged into the hall then, and Hermione looked at them reflexively; it was Draco and his ilk.

Hermione nearly sighed.

Draco glanced at the Gryffindor table distractedly, and Hermione saw the boy’s eyes widen when he spotted her and Harry.

The Slytherin paused in whatever he was saying, and his entourage behind him (Crabbe, Goyle, Parkinson, and a boy whose name Hermione didn’t know) followed his line of sight to the Gryffindor table, and their eyes too widened at the sight of Hermione and Harry.

Parkinson whispered something to Draco, and the boy scowled, then said something back with a sneer. Draco’s eyes met Hermione’s then, and he began to make his way toward her and Harry.

In that moment, Hermione immediately decided that after everything she’d been through within the last twenty-four hours, she would not be dealing with Draco’s nonsense too.

Not today, and, if she could help it, never again.

“Stop,” she said, pointing at Draco. “Go to your table. Now.”

The blond Slytherin did stop, but he looked confused, like he was wondering if Hermione was talking to him.

“Yes, Draco, I’m talking to you. Go to your table. Right now.”

The boy blinked, then he scowled and began to open his mouth, but Hermione had had enough.

“For God’s sake, Draco,” she barked angrily, making the blonde and his group jump. “I said, go away.”

The entire hall was staring now, and Draco had gone red, though whether from anger or from embarrassment Hermione didn’t know, and to be honest, she didn’t care.

Thankfully though, whatever Draco was feeling didn’t make him feel like confronting her, so with a huff and a sneer, the Slytherin marched off to his table, his entourage following behind.

Hermione let out a breath, the simple action helping to calm her.

“Huh,” Harry intoned. “So that’s all it takes to get rid of him.” The boy clicked his tongue in a disappointed manner. “Too bad. I was hoping I would get to hex him a few times.”

“Don’t go starting fights, Harry,” Hermione chided gently.

“Why would I need to?” Harry asked. “He’ll be back. He’s too stupid to know better.”

And with that, Hermione had to agree, Draco really was too stupid to know better.

When they were done with their breakfast/lunch, Hermione and Harry headed for Gryffindor Tower.

It was about time, really; they couldn’t put it off forever. Also, neither tween had bathed today, and both were still in their clothes from the day before; freshening up was needed, and Gryffindor Tower was where the showers were.

The walk back to Gryffindor Tower went smoothly, but when Hermione and Harry got to the entrance, they stopped in confusion.

“Uh, who are you?” Harry asked the mustachioed wizard whose painting was covering the entrance to Gryffindor Tower.

“Sir Reginald Montgomery,” the man answered simply. “Who are you?”

Harry didn’t answer, instead he and Hermione stared at one another, a growing fear mirrored in each other’s gazes.

“What happened to Jolene?” Hermione asked, not wanting to hear the answer she already knew she would receive.

She’d forgotten in all the excitement since, but Voldemort had blasted his way into the common room last night, and the only reason he would have needed to do that, was to get through the painting blocking the entryway.

Sir Reginald’s lips curled down slightly. “Alas, her damage was too severe,” the wizard said. “She could not be saved.”

Hermione’s heart clenched at the news, and her eyes stung.

Harry took her hand in his.

The boy’s eyes were brimmed with unshed tears and a deep rage, but his squeeze on her hand was gentle.

Hermione squeezed back.

Wiping her eyes with her sleeve, she asked Sir Reginald; “Is there a new password? Or are we still using the one from yesterday?”

“The very same,” Sir Reginald replied.

“Okay then, fillyfops,” Hermione said, and the portrait slid aside to permit them entry.

“I’m Harry, by the way,” Harry said. “Harry Potter.”

“Hermione Granger,” Hermione added, then they walked through.

Being a Sunday, the common room was sparsely populated, most students taking the opportunity that the weekend presented to spend their time outdoors, instead of staying cooped up in their dorms.

Since their fellow first-years were absent from the dorm when they came in (apparently having joined the great migration to the alluring outdoors), Hermione and Harry were able to immediately head to their bathrooms to see to their personal hygiene, after which they sat together in the common room, talking about nothing and everything.

In time, the first-years began to return from wherever they’d been, and the sight of each one, safe and sound, soothed an ache that Hermione hadn’t realised she was carrying.

Even Parvati, who had been badly wounded the night before, showed up eventually, fully healed and free of the bandages that had been wrapped around her head that morning.

Every new arrival joined Hermione and Harry, and naturally, they all wanted to know what had happened with them the night before, after Hedwig flew them away from Gryffindor Tower.

It was tedious, and rather irritating, having to repeat the same story, over and over, for each new arrival to the group, but Hermione couldn’t bring herself to complain.

She was just glad that they were still here to ask.

★★★​

Dumbledore made an announcement at dinner that night.

Well, it was less an announcement, and more a recounting of events as he understood them.

The evening edition of the Prophet, which featured Skeeter’s interview of Hermione and Harry on the front-page, landed scant minutes after, but thankfully, it had none of the woman’s usual embellishments, so it neatly corroborated Dumbledore’s account.

After that, dinner passed without fanfare, and the students enjoyed their meals.

Back up at the Gryffindor common room though, Harry did something that even Hermione found surprising.

The common room was quite full, the students in no hurry to run off to bed despite the next day being Monday, since Dumbledore had announced at dinner that classes were cancelled for tomorrow.

The Gryffindors were spread out across the room in little groups, talking, playing, laughing, and even reading, when Harry rose and raised his wand.

His wand let out a soft, chiming sound, and the boy called out: “Everyone. Excuse me. Can I get your attention, please?”

It took some time, but slowly, and surely, everyone looked at the boy.

Harry looked around the room too, his green eyes heavy with emotion.

For a few seconds, nobody spoke, then, without preamble, Harry began: “Last night, a madman came in here to kill me.

“None of you had to help me. I didn’t even ask any of you to. But you helped me all the same. Even at great personal risk. And now, because of you, I’m alive today. And so is Hermione.”

Harry bowed his head.

“Thank you.”

For several seconds, all was quiet, Harry’s impromptu speech having taken everyone by surprise, but then Angelina Johnson, the first person who’d attacked Voldemort the night before, besides Harry, spoke: “Of course we helped you, Potter. You thought we would just let some noseless bastard attack one of us without giving him what for? Effing no.”

Harry laughed. “Gryffindor!” he screamed, and others took up the cry.

Someone started singing the Gryffindor anthem then, and slowly, everyone took it up.

Unfortunately, only a handful of people seemed to know the words, while some even seemed to be deliberately changing the lines into silly jokes.

It was the most discordant bout of group singing that Hermione had ever been a part of, but, somehow, it was also the most enjoyable.

★★★​

When they finally went up to bed that night, Harry contacted Hermione with the notebooks that they’d enchanted about a week back to communicate with each other almost immediately, and seeing it reminded the girl of an idea she’d had.

Quickly, she tore out two small pieces of parchment and enchanted them with The Telephone Spell (the spell they’d used to transmit the rooster’s crow across Hogwarts just yesterday).

Using The Notebook, she told Harry to send Hedwig over, and had her deliver one of the pieces of parchment to Harry.

Not even half a minute later, Harry’s voice came from the little piece of parchment in her hand, as clear as if he was right next to her: “Can you hear me?”

“I hear you,” she replied.

They talked about nothing for a few minutes, and when they ran out of things to say, they simply listened to each other breathe.

It made the distance between them feel less.

Sleep came not long after, and for both, it was peaceful.

A/N: thanks for reading.
    Next chapter will be out pretty soon, but you can always step over to my Patreon if you're feeling eager. It'll really help me.

Regardless, take care, and see you.

12. KaneTW

KaneTW (Verified Snake)

Regarding the NSFW tag, imo if you post it in this category it should have actual NSFW content (now or in the future).

Otherwise there's a perfectly fine SFW category in this forum.

13. Snuffles

Snuffles Unidentified Specimen

Wadya mean, this is unfiltered Smut, but for the soul

14. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

>no smut tag
    >NSFW board

I like the story, but there's no point in it being on this board.

I mean, you complained about people complaining about there being no NSFW and I agreed, but that was before I noticed the tag... but it's on the NSFW board.

That's kinda like going to a nudist beach as the only clothed person and complaining when people get tetchy about the fact that you're in a swimsuit.

Not really in the right when you're the one going against the norms, which is the entire reson there's a reason there's a SFW board.

I just figured you were waiting for them to hit sixteen, but this is just kinda stubborn.

Still a fun story though.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    space turtle, Aurain and Darkshark like this.
  15. Otokonoko Culture

Otokonoko Culture {Unverified Trap} {Verified Cake}

The SFW section of qq is dead. No one has a problem with other crossposted stories that lack smut being in the NSFW board (such as Beware of Chicken), or the plentiful fics that originate in the nsfw section and have no smut.

Y'all need to calm your fucking tits.

16. Darkshark

Darkshark Everything living has to die you need not apply

Dead you say? No problem with cross posts you say? Both of those can be disproven, One by looking at the comments that people are leaving on this SFW story in the NSFW section. The other can be disproven by looking at the SFW creative writing board. And for your last point, Calm my tits. No I don't think I will there is a SFW board for a reason if this story was bloody I wouldn't have a problem. If it was smut filled I wouldn't have a problem but so far it's a tame AU story that should go back the the SFW section.

Aurain likes this.
  17. Greatazuredragon

Poor fat lady. :(

Nice chapter, good work.

18. Greatazuredragon

2: Keep NSFW material in the NSFW section.
    • See the bottom of this page for a clarification as to what exactly is and is not allowed. Unless the content is posted in a clearly malicious manner, violation of this rule will result in nothing but the content being moved to the NSFW section. (This means quests can start out in the Normal section, and be moved to the NSFW section if votes lead them in that direction.)
    • Signatures and Avatars are to be kept work safe.
    • Any links in the SFW section to NSFW content must be clearly marked as NSFW.
    • Linking in QQ SFW to QQ NSFW does not require a warning if the page only has text. If there are NSFW pictures on the page, the link must be marked NSFW.
    • Any embedded images or videos in the SFW section must not be NSFW as detailed below.
    • Text in the SFW section must not be NSFW as detailed below.
    The rules as written state that NSFW material HAS to stay in the NSFW section, but says nothing about SFW material on the NSFW section.

veekie likes this.
  19. Darkshark

Darkshark Everything living has to die you need not apply

The moderators probably didn't think someone would do the opposite because no one is that stupid as to link a SFW story in the NSFW section but people used to do the opposite all the time. Rules are normally added after something happens not before. However we could get a mod involved pretty easy to settle the argument but most users prefer the mods never get involved.

Aurain and Daimonin like this.
  20. Kilvanya

Kilvanya Know what you're doing yet?

I do hope you realize that there are dozens and dozens of fics that have started here that have at most fade to black style NSFW content? Should they all be removed as well to fit your stringent definition of the rules? Or should everyone calm their tits and just enjoy a good quality story without getting their panties bunched up because they wanted to masturbate to it?

21. Daimonin

Daimonin Lewd the loli!

There's a difference between a story where the author isn't sure about writing NSFW content, but puts it on that section to keep the option open if the story goes that way, and a story (like this one) that had no sex, and the author knows it never will.

Aka if your story MIGHT have sex, put it on NSFW.
    If your story will NOT have sex, it belongs in SFW. That's what it's for.
    It's also not dead. It has a lower number of stories overall, but that's mostly because there's a couple of other forums that are solely focused on SFW stories.

It's not even a bad thing the story turnover there is slow, it means that a story has way more exposure time on the first page, while on NSFW it's going to drop to page 10 pretty fast if there's no comments.

Aurain likes this.
  22. GLH

GLH Really?

You wrote a story that's almost purposely set up for romantic/sexual situations and scenes involving underaged characters, along with setups for massive amounts of torture and/or violence, and haven't had the courage to actually write that.

To the people who are interested in actual nsfw content it's a complete disappointment and false advertising.

For the people interested in a sfw story or story without romance/sex/violence it comes across as skeevy as hell.

23. veekie

veekie Connoisseur.

Just let it rest people. If you object to the categorization take it up with the mods. Author said there won't be sex this early, but given how attached they are to each other I have my doubts if they even wait for their sixteenth.

Certainly Rowling already drops plenty of heavy hints that the students are sexually active enough that the professors have to bonk them out of bushes during the Triwizard.

Aurain, Pulsar232 and Lucho9 like this.
  24. NavigatorNobilis

NavigatorNobilis Follower of the Second Star

Or! Or-or-or-or-or...

THis story is far from finished, and might have NSFW scenes coming. And, rather than moving the entire story when that happens, the author could have put it in the right section ahead of time.

Possible. Maybe even probable.

25. mac_&_cheese

mac_&_cheese Get me out of here! I didn't do anything!

I like it! The breakneck pace of it all makes it a contender for fastest HP speedrun I've ever read lol. I particularly like the thing with McGonagall being able to summon Dumbledore like bloody Mary. There are these nice extra features and developments that show a hidden depth to the world, and they pair really well with how familiar-yet-different the story feels.

Wish people were talking more about the actual story instead of the sfw - nsfw debate, but oh well. QQ gonna QQ.

Zaster and veekie like this.
  26. veekie

veekie Connoisseur.

She did get mauled in Prisoner of Azkaban but escaped by fleeing to another painting IIRC.

27. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

Alas, she was killed here to raise the stakes.

Poor Fat Lady.

Greatazuredragon likes this.
  28. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Took some time for no reason but there, moved.

GryffynFX and KinKrow like this.
  29. Zaster

Zaster (verified cape)

Huh, this thread was actually complained to a different forum. Have to admit I'm kinda impressed.

Let this be the last that anyone speaks of it though, because I think I've been more than cordial about the whole thing.

30. veekie

veekie Connoisseur.

As long as we focus back to story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.