• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

How Myotismon Saved Christmas (Digimon/PMMM)

[X] If your arrival had been noted, there was no point to stealth. Just blow in the wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
"If they already know we're here then there isn't much point in hiding." You said, scanning the wall for a weakness. It was sheer cliff of solid ice which glimmered in the little sun which managed to evade your enshrouding mist. It looked tough for sure, but...

"ChaosGallantmon, can you take in the wall?"

"What, do you think I'm some newbie champion?" He snorted. "Of course I can. Just tell me where you want your hole."

"Waste of energy." Mummymon said. "Allow me."

He swung his rifle into position again, carefully peering through the site. The gun was almost as long as he was, and it looked heavily customised. At least a dozen different sights were attached to the barrel on rotating loops so that he could pick and choose the one which he used for any particular task. As you watched, he cycled through several, searching for something.

"There is no sign of life anywhere save the keep." He announced. "No Digial Core or human soul in any form. No flesh or blood at all. I don't understand, I trust your judgment Cerberumon, but I can see no sign of anything."

"That is reason enough." ChaosGallantmon asserted. "If our foes think is playing their game, then when we throw away the board the shock will allow us greater advantage. That, or it'll piss them off so they attack us." He hefted his lance. "Let them try that, please."

He is right. You thought to yourself. As bait or as an unexpected turn, this move will serve us well.

"Eager to battle?" Mummymon said. "If you promise not to go berserk, I'll watch your back and save you when you get in over your head."

"I could say the same to you.." ChaosGallantmon retorted. "Stick close to me and maybe they'll all be dead by the time they reach you."

"I can promise the same, knight of the hazard." Mummymon chortled. "I will kill more of them than you this I swear!"

"We'll see." A savage glee was clear in his voice now, quite unlike the more restrained Gallantmon. It was a reminder that he was much like you, a dark reflection. Though he was careful about showing it, you knew he lived for battle. The clash of arms was his home, for a knight was nothing without an enemy to battle. You felt the faint stirrings of power within him as the scent of battle awoke something ancient and great.

"As there is only one." Anubismon announced. "I doubt either of you will kill more than the other. As stealth is folly, I agree that a direct attack is our best chance. Mummymon, take down the wall."

"With pleasure."

His rifle barked once, there was a second of pressure as the bullet sped away. You caught the tail end of a sense of great power, of motion unleashed and then it found a home within the outer wall. You watched it punch through layers of ice until a single fist-size hole had been formed.

"Is that all?" Gallantmon asked. "And you were boasting so much a moment ago."

The rifle barked again, once, twice, three times. Each time the bullet struck the wall, a new crater was punched into existence. Steam hissed from the wounds and then, with a final explosion of force, a spider's web of cracks began to spread across the perfection of the ice. For a few seconds, you watched in silence and then...

With a mighty crack, like the breaking bones of some ancient animal, the wall was breached. Chunks as big as a person began to fall, and you watched with interest as the cracks spread and spread. Then there was the blinking of a shadow on the wall, movement! You caught the briefest glimpse of a creature; a red dragon, metal spines jutted from its back along with twin ragged wings. Its face was covered by a metal plate from which there rose a single steel horn. A tail coiled about it, and tendrils extended from that limb. It was coloured a dull black and a vivid red like blood.

The rifle barked, and the ice shattered. With a resounding scream of protest, the wall was blown inwards. Shards of jagged ice rained down upon the courtyard and the creature you had seen was thrown back like a rag-doll. You now saw that it was big; bigger than any member of your group. It howled in pain as its skin was ripped apart, a spear the size of your arm transfixed it through the chest and you felt rather than heard its howl.

With startling ferocity, it hurled itself at your group. Even as the ice rained down upon it, and its blood stained the snow. Like a mindless beat, it howled and in its fury, it tore free from the ice. Its wings extended and it took to the air.

"Get back!" ChaosGallantmon snarled and lined up his lance. It swooped; mighty muscles pulsating beneath torn flesh. As it did, you saw him mark his target, and then just as you felt it could get no closer he roared.

"Chaos Shot!" Balmung, his lance vomited forth a lance of wicked energy. The beast was too slow to turn and was caught. Its entire front half was severed and you watched it smash into the ground before your feet.

"...Impressive." Mummymon admitted.

"What is this creature?" Jade cautiously approached. "It doesn't feel like a Digimon..."

"It is empty." Anubismon said. "Not a Digimon, but a hazard in the shape of one. A creature that exists only to feed and gorge until nothing remains but itself. I had thought them wiped out..."

He stepped forward, you nodded to Phantomon and Jade, who both looked ready to watch his back. You were taking no chances with this creature. You shared the sense of unease Jade had felt, it was like a void. A creature of hunger, even standing close to it you felt the madness dwelling behind its eyes.

It was still alive. With its front legs, it heaved itself forward. Spitting and hissing, it opened its mouth wide and screeched. The sound echoed off the cold towers and bastions.

"I would wish you rest, but you will find nothing." So saying, Anubisnmon obliterated the creature in a blast of golden power. When he was done, not even bones or data remained.

"What was it?" Phantomon asked. His voice seemed unconcerned, but a faint tremor betrayed the fact that he had sensed the same. It was like a whirlpool of hunger, drawing in prey because inside there was nothing. No core, no soul.

"DexDoruGreymon." You said, remembering it from some ancient lecture. "They're not Digimon, just in the shape of them. More like hunger given form and shape. They don't have Digital Cores, so they hunger for them. They never stop until they're dead."

"Yes." Anubismon confirmed. "They are shadows of something much greater, but as I said, I thought them wiped out. For one to be born, there must be a source, they don't generate naturally. They are an abomination to the natural order."

There was a sound. A soft scrapping as claws dragged on ice. It was repeated. Again and again. Dozens and hundreds of times as you felt a sense of dark excitement touch you. Your power surged to the soruce, time to fight.

"I don't think that was the only one." Mummymnm muttered, already going for his rifle.

It was not. Dozens of the creatures were emerging now from the inside of the keep, as well as from the shadows cast by the towers and the walls. They growled and howled their hunger, their harsh screams deafening to the ear, and you felt a blanket of fear settle about your shoulders. With the ease of practice, you shrugged it off, but the others were not doing so well. Phantomon's grip on his scythe was tight, and even Jade had flawed her wings out and her eyes darted from target to target.

"Be calm." Anubismon said. "These creatures are drawn to the sound of battle, but also to fear. The more scared you are, the more of them will come. They will never stop either, so every single one of these must die today or else they will reproduce and then this group will seem a mercy."

"How did they get here?" ChaosGallantmon wondered aloud as he readied his lance. "I thought only one Digimon emerged."

"Only one did. He must have been preparing for a long time, or be very powerful."

Their snarls were met by Cerberumon's. You heard the rising pitch as he bayed at the creatures. As though this was the sign, they charged and your group was surrounded by flying, shrieking death.

What did the group do?

[] The group decided to form a defensive circle against the beasts, turning weapons outwards in an attempt to thin their numbers.

[] A concentrated formation will only draw them into a fiercer attack, break ranks and charge!

[] Tactics! Anubismon and his group will attempt to distract them while you and one of your servants can slip through.

[] Write In.

[] Tactics! Anubismon and his group will attempt to distract them while you and one of your servants can slip through.

We can't give him any more time to do whatever he his planning. This are clearly just to delay us.

Oh son of a, someone took that sample we had of Alphamon's code didn't they?

[X] Tactics! Anubismon and his group will attempt to distract them while you and one of your servants can slip through.
And by one I mean ChaosGallantmon, because against whoever has this level of power and influence should be taken by at least two Megas.

[X] Tactics! Anubismon and his group will attempt to distract them while you and one of your servants can slip through.

-Leave with Phantomon

So has anyone made any guesses as to who this mysterious mon is? I am personally betting on it being Astamon.

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Astamon

APL 123AZ said:
-Leave with Phantomon

So has anyone made any guesses as to who this mysterious mon is? I am personally betting on it being Astamon.

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Astamon
He's not a Mega though.

All right guys working on the update. Before I finish it, I need an answer to this question though.

Do you want to use Loweemon's power of it becomes necessary? I am not saying that you should evolve at once, but that it should remain an option in case you are being overwhelmed. Or would you rather save all that strength for later? Loweemon has a lot of power, but it is not unlimited. The more time you spend as DuskMyotismon, the more he will be drained. It could be important if the fight with their leader drags out.

So three options.

[] Fight only with your own power, you're an ultimate in your own right and you don't need help with these mere minions

[] Use his power only if you need it to avoid your own destruction or that of one of your group, (Jade, Phantomon etc)

[] Transform as soon as you have the chance, the addition of another mega will make the whole thing faster therefore using less power overall.

Just so everyone knows, if I do not get an answer before the update is done I am just gonna go with what I think Myotismon would do naturally.

[X] Use his power only if you need it to avoid your own destruction or that of one of your group, (Jade, Phantomon etc)

Becomes blowing up our load this early is not smart, but not even considering using it when it becomes necessary is just plain suicidal.

Well, if you went with that option, IC I would going to have it that it didn't really occur to Myotismon as he was wrapped up in the battle. As you might imagine, fighting a swarm of ultimate level Digimon isn't easy at all.

There is going to be at least one death on your side.

Phew. This was a hard one. At about 4000 words its the longest update in this quest, and also one of the most important. This battle scene is actually very different from the one I intended to write, but after I started it actually sort of wrote itself. I am quite happy with the way it turned out. Don't be afraid to tell me what you think of it.

Anyway, enough babbling. Here we go.

_

The DexDoruGreymon charged in a wave of red wings and fangs; their screeches seemed to blot out all other sounds, and your ears rang with pain. They were clumsy in the air, but they were also fast and you saw more and more continue to pour from the keep. How many were there? Hundreds?

"Grisly Wing!" You roared, and a torrent of shrieking bats poured from the folds of your cloak; enveloping the nearest Greymon and devouring them whole. You felt rather than see them fall to the ground, until even their data was scourged away. You kicked off into the air, and sent a rippling tongue of Crimson Lightning down into one of the beasts. It caught its neck and with a pull, you sent it into one of its kin. The two crashed to the ground, but three more charged you before you could kill them. They roared and shrieked as you sent another swarm of your minions down to devour them. A motion behind you and you felt a cracking pain in your back. A massive weight suddenly bore down on you, and you heard the snapping and snarling as you started to fall.

You tried to turn, but the creature countered your motion, intent on driving you into the horde of its fellows which waited below. Half a dozen of them glared up at you through mad eyes. With a snarl of pain, you twisted and tried to reach your attacker.

Suddenly, it went limp and slid away. You caught sight of the glinting rifle before Mummymon turned away. You spread your cloak and took to the air again. Those on the ground snarled and spread their wings.

"Six on one?" You said. "You'll need more than that to make this fight even!"

You brought both your hands towards them and channelled a blast of living shadows. You felt it writhe and twist even as it formed, its tiny, malevolent mind concerned only with the kill.

"Nightmare Claw!" it flew free; a ragged creature of energy with a crimson smirk. It streaked down towards the group. The lead-most monster was struck where he stood. Its muscles seized and it fell to the ground. The others didn't even care. "Fine then! Let's see you stand up to my next trick."

You spun around, checking your reserves of power. Still running on full you noted with satisfaction. You didn't want to dip into Loweemon's tank so early in the battle. You syphoned a good portion of your power into the next attack and gestured again.

"Nightmare Wave!"

This time the monster was much bigger; living up to its name it took the form of a wave of dark power which swept across the group. Over the shrieks of the DoruGreymon, you heard its cackling and felt the usual pang of unease. That attack was not one you liked to use; it was a living force of darkness unleashed on the world. Each time you did it, you couldn't help but feel that you were being used in some way.

It served its purpose grandly. It swept through the group, and four of the remaining five instantly fell away, their eyes lolling and their tongues swollen. Only one remained, and that one had true rage in its eye. With a beat of its wings, it was nearly on you.

You met its charge with a spinning kick, and felt bones break and skin rupture. The sense of savage joy was tempered when its claw smashed into your side and left a bloody groove. You hissed in pain and it smashed its metal-covered head into your gut. Its mouth snapped open, and you were looking into rows of jagged, razor teeth.

It snapped at at you, but your hands found a grip about its neck and the two of you wrestled. You began to feel the air whistling past you – you were falling, but nether of you cared. This beast's strength was...amazing. Its muscles were like taut steel, and even you were straining to hold it back. Madness and rage gave it power, but more than that it was stronger than the others.

Probably fed recently. A detached part of your mind theorised.

Suddenly, its wings snapped wide, and it threw its head upwards. Surprise weakened your grip and you began to rise again. Panic stole your heart, and you saw a malevolent grin form across its bestial face.

It put on another burst of speed, and smashed its head into your chest. This time, the pain was extreme and you swore you felt bone snap. For a moment, you groggily missed the armour you had worn as a MagnaAngemon. Its tail whipped up and cracked across your face. You were tumbling now, blinded by pain. You felt rather than saw its approach, and twisted in time to evade its teeth. Hot breath against your check, and you dodged to the side blinking until you could see again.

"Grisly Wing!" You sent a swarm of bats at the foe, they chattered as they approached it. Blood-crazed by the battle.

You thought you had; there were too many of the bats for it to evade or destroy. They would pick its flesh clean in seconds. It seemed to come to the same conclusion in its animal mind, for you saw it didn't try to do either. It roared once, and then...

"Metal Meteor!" It spoke! It spoke! You felt a shiver of apprehension and saw the form of the attack. It spat a metal ball about the size of a football, but it began to expand at once until it was bigger than the beast itself! And the beast was easily one of the larger of its kind. The bats were destroyed and you barely managed to twist out of the way of the orb.

It was on you again. Claws raked at your face, and you were forced to dodge back or to blow with your forearm and accept the bloody wounds. Like al its kind, it was fast and furious leaving no chance to counter or to get away. The only options a perfect defence or defeat and consumption. Its eyes were tiny little balls of madness, but that wasn't beyond. Beyond that, there was nothing. No thought at all, the attack it seemed was a mere instinct for no life could exist in this puppet of murder. It was rage made solid, it was conquest without meaning, it was battle without purpose. It existed just to kill, and it would keep doing so until there was nothing left but its own kind. Then it would fight them, until only it was left. It was the perfect engine of destruction and yet you hated it with all your heart.

This was the kind of thing you had been born to fight; as an Angemon and even as a Myotismon. The body of the bloody wars which had driven your world to madness again and again. At that moment, you found you didn't care who had made it, or what its purpose was or even how much stronger it might be than you. All you knew, was that right now, it would die.

It hissed and you gave a roar of your own, ducking its latest swipe and grappling its claw with both your hand. It reacted and pulled, drawing you in but you ignored that. At least, until the agony erupted in your shoulder. It had bitten down, and its teeth were like talons of ice. You screamed, but focused through it. Your grip on the arm was strong though you you knew you had only seconds now. Already, you felt it beginning to pull back; intending to rip the flesh free, and if it did that, your neck was next.

No. You would not allow this to happen. This monster, this abomination would die right here and right now. Your heart beat quickly, and you felt strange, but familiar. Like an outside force was watching.

Your hands began to glow with power; the skin beneath blistered and blackened. You could have made a pun, or made a witty remark. You didn't, the thought didn't even occur to you then. All you knew was the truth, that this creature should die, that they all should be destroyed.

The attack you unleashed had no name; it wasn't even an attack really. More like an unstructured release of power from your hands. It acted like a flame, or a cross between a flame and a blade. The arm was severed instantly, and the flesh and bone cut apart as though by some invisible surgeon, but even as you watched they began to burn with a dark flame. The DoruGreymon screamed now, pain for once managing to swamp the madness.

It let you go and you spun free. Your shoulder ached like it never had before, and your rips felt cracked, but you were alive and free!

"Now!" You shouted in a hoarse voice. "I, Myotismon command you! Die and never foul my land again! Crimson Lightning!"

Your whip was razor-edged, and sweept up along its wings. There was a gush of blood, and it began to fall. You gestured towards, felt your power build.

Its eyes met yours and you saw hate. Not just for everything else, but for you in particular. Its eyes were like a focused laser, trying to bore into your skull. None of that, you thought. You were the one winning this battle.

"I would say go to hell." You snarled. "But even GranDracmon wouldn't take you. Nightmare Wave!"

This time, the vast surge of dark power left you feeling a little weak, though the blood loss also could have contributed to that. You watched in silent satisfaction as the darkness met the creature and began to eat away at its body. Its heart swelled and its eyes popped and its lungs exploded from within. The corpse fell away, crashing to the ground and you threw back your head and roared.

"Victory! We can win! We must win!" You felt elated, despite your wounds. This was the first time you had fought anything so purely evil in a long time, since SkullGreymon... It was simple, there was no crossing schemes, no betrayal or attempts at grand speeches. It was simply a monster that had to be cut away and burned until nothing remained.

Then the weariness hit you. Your arms sagged, your shoulder was bathed in red blood, your chest flashed with pain at each breath. You began to sink to the ground, letting yourself slowly fall. None of the creatures seemed keen to challenge you right now, and you spent a precious second looking to each of your companions.

True to form, ChaosGallantmon had laid into them with enthusiasm. His lance darted to and fro, bringing death in bursts of dark light. Bodies of the creatures ringed him. Dozens dead, but the rest threw themselves at him just as mindlessly. His shield was already battered by their claws, and shallow grooves had been cut into his armour. They had little defence it seemed, but their hunger lent them power when attacking. He impaled one even as you watched. It writhed until a shot took off its head. Mummymon had taken up position behind the dark mega, and was firing freely. Each bark of the gun was accompanied by a fallen foe; and the ground was littered with the bodies of those he had already claimed. He looked fresh, and there was not a wound on him.

Mummymon and Gallantmon had formed a line from which the others were making their own stands. You saw Anubismon standing at the back, his hands ablaze with golden fire. You wondered what he was doing, then you saw it. Three of the creatures tried to circle Gallantmon, but as soon as he spotted them they slumped to the ground. Nothing flashy, the lifeforce was simply stripped from their bodies. You realised that Anubismon was conserving his power for later; he did not expect the line to hold.

Jade was in the air, and three of four of the creatures were charging her. She hissed and spat; her hands brimming with shadowed power. A Dark Lance reached out, and two of the creatures were destroyed utterly; yet more took their place in the malee. Five or six pairs or wings rising to the aid of their brethren. They didn't tire, and you saw that Jade was beginning to loose energy; they just kept coming. A tide of snapping teeth and red eyes.

Cerberumon was alone. Too far from the line, and separated by dozens of the beasts you saw the realisation in his eyes. Rather than flee in vein, you watched him snort and turn. Locking gazes with the biggest of them he could see.

"Well?" He said. "I may die here, but I promise you, my friend you'll taste my fury before that happens!"

The DoruGreymon roared and charged, he did the same. Two savage beasts locked in combat. It struck with its tail, and he leapt into the air. He spun, his eyes alight. His mouth opened, and with a cry of ''emerald flames'' he spat forth a green fire which burned vaporized the snow where it touched. The DoruGreymon was consumed; writhing in the flames. Cerberumon landed on it before they could go out, and with a swipe of his talons slashed its throat.

He bayed and howled in victory.

Then three more charged him. He twisted and his fire caught the shoulder of one, then the one behind brought him to the ground. He broke its jaw with his talon, and blasted fire into its chest, but the others were on him too. Three, four, six, soon you could not see him at all.

A column of golden light speared the group, destroying every single one of them along with your ally. You looked back. Anubismon had killed his own follower along with the enemies he had attracted.

The last two members of your group were together. Uorcoyomon had been taken out early in the fight; he was a rookie and also had no attacks. His fur was bloody and he lay limp on the ground. The only reason he was not already dead? Phantomon floated over his body. His scythe dripped in dark blood, and you could see his robe was torn and he was wounded much like yourself.

There were four circling him. Like wild dogs around a kill. He twisted, turned. Tried to keep each of them in view, but he could not move for if he did, Urocoyomon would be defenceless and you doubted these things would care if he was awake or not.

"Shadow Scythe!" He spoke, and the dark crescents were unleashed from his blade. They carved one of the creatures to pieces, but the others rushed him. He met them fighting; ducking below a claw and then severing it with a tricky swipe from his scythe. It was always strange to see Phantomon fight, for he did not do so entirely within the realm of the living. Like a ghost, half out of synch, he did things that did not seem entirely possible. He did so now, his scythe burying itself deeply into the chest of the creature and yet he managed to draw it back and guard against the next in what must have been only a second or two.

One of the others reared up before him; its tail set to impale him was blocked by the half-moon blade of his weapon. With his free hand, he hurled the weight at the end of the blade. The chain extended and the creature was forced back with the sound of snapping bone.

The last one was behind him. He spun, steel met flesh but the DoruGreymon was not deterred. Its talons slashed across his chest and you felt a small explosion of energy – Phantomon was not flesh and blood, so that was as close as he got to bleeding.

Another one was coming up behind, and the one in front refused to die. He tried to free his blade, but it was too slow!

No! You thought, and let your own power surge. The air whipped past you and you rushed to his side, but even so, it almost felt like you would not be fast enough. Sure enough, the creature behind knocked him to the ground, his scythe clattered across the floor, in slow motion, it opened its maw; teeth glinted in the fog-marred sun.

No. This would not happen. You would not allow it. Phantomon had stood by your side from the very start, fallen into darkness at your side, served you for hundreds of years as friend and warrior. He had sacrificed for you, and even when your mind was clouded by the Dark Area, he had not forsaken your cause.

Your body felt tight, and with a burst of power you hadn't even intended, the light exploded from your words and the words drove from your mouth.

Spirit Evolution! DuskMyotismon!

Light armour was formed around your body, your wounds healed or at least, stopped bleeding. The pain faded, and a new, greater, power surged to the front of your mind. The battle blurred past, and you pushed more power into your speed. Your free hand fell to your waist, and there, the blade. Its mind responded to your need, and as you drew it, there was a flash of dark-light.

"Shadow Strike!" Energy lashed from the curve of your blade. Screaming across the field of battle. Three of the creatures were between you and the fight, but it killed them and kept going. Even as their bodies fell into two pieces, it found a home across the chest of the Greymon about to deliver the kill. It paused; an almost idiotic surprise filled its eyes as the bloody wound opened and opened. Its top half fell, and its body half did the same in a matter of seconds.

The second DoruGreymon tried to crush Phantomon with its tail, but you thrust forward a knuckle and felt the burning power erupt from it.

"Crimson Fist!"

The beam of red light caught the best square in the face, and it shrieked as its brain was burned away. The body writhed in death, but it was no longer a threat. Then you were there, planting yourself between Phantomon and a third monster.

"Nightmare Swarm!" From your cape, a swarm emerged which was quite different from your regular lot. These bats were each twice and size, and glowed with a dark inner power. That bore down on your target at once, and for a second you saw its shadow within the beating wings. Then it was gone as though it never had been at all.

Crunch!

A fourth beast had landed. You turned just to see it snap the neck of Urocyomon and a cold rage filled your heart. Your blade spun and with no small amount of skill, you slashed the creature across the belly. It howled in pain, but you merely severed the neck from the body. As it fell, you realised you were panting. The excursion was getting to be too much... You had a lot of power left, but your body was not so well off.

You looked, and saw that the line formed by your allies was still holding for now. But more and more of the creatures were coming. Had they no end?#

"Urocoyomon..." Phantomon chocked, he had picked himself and was staring in horror at the sight of the youth's body which was now breaking into data. You saw his hands shake, and felt the great tide of despair which he seemed to feel at that moment. "I failed." was all he could say.

"We must go." You growled from behind your helmet. "Or else we will join him! They like to attack in groups, and we will be overcome without the help of the others. Now be ready to move! I can clear a path with my swarm, but it will not remain so for long. We can avenge him only if we survive this battle!"

"Vengeance." He spat the word, and you realised that his time in the world of humans had changed him as well. Even when you arrived, he would have felt a fiery need to bring justice upon the head of the killer, but now, he seemed almost to shrink. "It won't bring him back."

You snarled, ready to pick him up and carry him if you had to, but he reached for his scythe and rose on his own. Without a word, he nodded. Returning the gesture, you examined your power again. It was noticeably less full this time, but still quite ready for a sustained battle. Carefully, you portioned off yet more. This would cost more than any one attack, but you needed to be as efficient as possible. Once you were sure that you had chosen exactly as much as you would need, you spread your arms wide.

"Nightmare Swarm!"

This time, you called upon thousands of your helpers, and their cries drowned out the battle. The beat of their wings shook the icy walls, and they poured towards the group, devouring as they went. You nodded again.

"Now go!"

The pair of you took off, your own speed limited by Phantomon's. The swarm destroyed dozens of them before it faded. It even bought the group a breather, which looked sorely needed. Even so, the very second it was gone the beasts rushed forward. Like a parted sea returning to claim the land that had been stolen. Fifteen of them or more were now before you, and your grip on the blade was cold.

Fifteen. Even as a mega I do not know if I can destroy them and protect Phantomon.

You would have to try, for you would not leave your friend to die. Even as you decided this, Phantomon looked forward. He gestured with his free hand, and you felt a great build-up of power. The air was static, and you sensed an opening to the Dark Area. Already knowing what he planned, you slowed your run to a halt.

"Words of Death."

The attack released a wave of shadows which expanded from the point of his gesture. The DoruGreymon had no chance of escape, and you watched as their bodies were swamped and their forms began to melt into the darkness. In less than a second, they were gone. The sheer power unleashed rivalled that of a mega. Phantomon slumped to the ground, but you caught him and with a final burst of speed, you were behind the line and next to Anubismon.

"Are you well?" The Lord of the Dead asked, as though it were no more than a simple day trip. You nodded; feeling the muted pain of your wounds. The armour shielded you, and the increased power also boosted your healing rate, but they had been deep and you doubted they would be healed so easily.

"I will live." Phantomon gasped. His power was nearly drained, though he was still able to grasp his scythe. "I just need a breather. Then I will aid the others."

Anubismon nodded, and then vaporized another of the creatures trying to sneak past the line.

"Very good, but be sure not to take too long. I do not know how long ChaosGallantmon can hold these abominations back."

"Listen." You said. "These things will not stop until we're all dead or their master is. They must be drawing strength from him, because some of them are much stronger than they should be. Someone will have to use this distraction to get to the keep."

"I was coming to much the same conclusion." Anubismon said. "Who do you want to go with you?" The thought that you might actually stay did not seem to have crossed his mind, nor yours, actually.

You looked. Jade was in the sky, tearing into those that tried to pass over the defence. ChaosGallantmon stood amidst a mountain of corpses, his blade a bloody blur. Mummymon's gun barked again and again, and the barrel was glowing red hot.

Who amongst these did you wish to take?

[] Anubismon is the strongest mega with the possible exception of yourself. He is also not as tired as the others. The logical choice.

[]ChaosGallantmon has proved his worth killing these monsters; he will help you end this quickly.

[] Jade seems to be the least necessary. Her absence can easily be covered by Anubismon even if she is already tired and injured.

[] Phantomon. He is your oldest friend and deserves a chance to avenge Urocyomon. He may be tired now, but he will recovered quickly and his wounds are not as deep as those of the others.

On a somewhat related note, this will be the last update of the night. Hopefully you guys will think carefully about who to choose, because it is important for later.

[X] Phantomon. He is your oldest friend and deserves a chance to avenge Urocyomon. He may be tired now, but he will recovered quickly and his wounds are not as deep as those of the others.

Bringing the low level Uno was a bad idea. Who would have thought? Certainly not me.
Anubis is needed for keeping the rest alive, Jade is wounded and thus won't be much help, Chaos is needed here holding them back. Phantomon can recover as we rush towards the enemy and then help us kill them.

Deadly Snark said:
He's not a Mega though.

Doesn't need to be. His description says he has the power to equal one.

In fact the way his description reads, I would not be the least bit surprised to learn he is GranDracmons ultimate.

And poor Urocyomon. :(

I honestly don't know who to choose right now.

Robotninja said:
[X] Phantomon. He is your oldest friend and deserves a chance to avenge Urocyomon. He may be tired now, but he will recovered quickly and his wounds are not as deep as those of the others.

Bringing the low level Uno was a bad idea. Who would have thought? Certainly not me.
Anubis is needed for keeping the rest alive, Jade is wounded and thus won't be much help, Chaos is needed here holding them back. Phantomon can recover as we rush towards the enemy and then help us kill them.

What about Mummymon? He is after all, also an option. As a sniper, he hasn't used any of his powers yet at all and is running on a full tank. It might be useful to have someone able to watch your back from cover too, if you get into a fight with the boss. Even a mega usually doesn't just laugh off one of his bullets to the face. It won't kill, but you know, the right distraction at the right time and all that.

In addition, if you want hard mode, you can go alone. I wouldn't recommend it, but its not instant-death.

You spent a few precious seconds mulling over the issue. As the sounds of the DexDoruGreymon grew louder again, you made your choice. ChaosGallantmon was the anchor; you could not remove him without risk to the others. Likewise, Jade, Mummymon and Anubismon were preoccupied. Therefore...

"Phantomon old friend, I don't suppose you'd be up for a lightning assault on the keep?"

He looked over to you; his eyes were weary, and he was still sagging. Though his power was returning now, it was doing so more slowly than you had hoped. Nevertheless, he managed a weak grin.

"Only if we get to throw down with the lord of darkness atop a mountain of ice."

You cast your gaze towards the keep; the centre-most building that rose up jutting blade. It was constructed of ice like the rest, but it was much thicker than even the walls, reinforced in places and you got the sense that that would be much harder to punch through, even if you were not being swamped by a horde of dragons.

"That may be more likely than you think." You muttered. "Anubismon, distractions?"

"I will provide you with what you need." He said simply. "For the next few seconds, their mind will not be on you. I would suggest you move."

You and Phantomon made ready to leave; your eyes traced the keep which was just beyond the next set of walls. These ones were not so thick as the others, and you were confident that you could break them but not if you had to defend yourself at the same time. A look to Phantmon proved he was not yet recover – this part would be down to you.

That was fine; a quick check assured you that you had plenty of power left. If you had to guess, around about seventy-percent. More than enough for what was to come. You were fast in this form, let them try to catch you now.

"Phantomon, grab onto my back. I don't think you can run right now, but I can move for both of us old friend."

Phantomon looked over to you. "Are you serious? I'm tired and hurt, I have nearly no power left. Seconds ago, I was preparing to die in the line to buy time for you. Now you want me to follow?"

"Have you ever done anything else?" You said. "I don't have time for grand speeches, and in this form I don't really like them much anyway. You've always followed me before, and I trust my back to you now when it is most important. Now come on, we have a Nightmare Soldier to put down."

He grabbed onto your back, and you stood back up again just in time to see the golden light in Anubismon's hands intensify, burning so brightly that you felt a stab of pain from it. The light was your enemy, even now.

He raises one fist up into the sky, and the fire flew freely. It rose into the air until it had passed above the clouds, then there was a flash of light, as though the sky had been torn.

"Flame of the Ancients."

It started to rain fire. Golden flames, tinged with pure white which poured down from the heavens in a great storm of pain and death. You realised Anubismon was devoting a not insignificant portion of his power into the attack even as the first of the DoruGreymon began to die. Where the fire touched, it killed. Burning and leaping without mercy or remorse, and for a time even the insatiable hunger of the DoruGreymon was replaced with terror, as the very skies seemed to open up against them.

It was the first time you had seen Anubismon play an active, offensive role. Last time he had fought a mega, his job had been to maintain a barrier and that had taken all his attention, now you were seeing the true power of the Lord of the Dead unleashed. The fire didn't burn with heat, but with some spiritual component. The ice where it struck was unharmed, and you felt not even a flicker of the hungry flame. But where it struck a DoruGreymon, it burned quickly and consumed before they could do more than scream.

Hundreds were dead in the first few seconds, and more fell every preceding one. You wondered if Anubismon intended to end the battle himself, but you saw he was weakening every instant the attack remained active. Soon, he wouldn't be able to maintain it and then he would be helpless like Urocyomon had been.

"Ready Phantomon?" You said, steeling your mind. At his affermitive, you kicked off. Your improve speed made the whole world blur as you blazed across the bloodied snow and ice. A few of the creatures noticed you, but they quickly died as the fire sought them out. You moved fast; like a bullet fired from one of Mummymon's guns.

In what seemed to be only a matter of seconds, but was actually much less, the inner wall was rising before you. Dozens of the creatures cowered in pain, but none saw you before you had the chance to make your exit. You braced yourself, and tore forwards. No time to launch an attack or draw your blade. The fire was fading now and you didn't know how much time you had. All you could do was to move forwards. You squared your shoulders, lowered your head. Tried to shout a warning to Phantomon, but the whipping of the wind meant that you were not sure he heard. No matter, you were sure he got the picture.

You hit the wall as fast as you could; you felt the armour that covered your body shudder under the force of the blow, your ribs and your shoulder protested strongly, and you felt for a second that there would be no give. Then a part of the wall shattered and you were through, spinning in the air at the sudden change in momentum.

You landed inside the inner wall and spun; expecting to see guards but there were none. Behind you, the hole you had made was lit up by golden fire, conjured to keep the DoruGreymon off your back. They would not follow now; not so long as the had easier prey...

You turned. The keep rose up now before you. A titanic fortress which mocked the puny walls you had passed so far. It was obviously supported by dark powers, for there was no way a mundane tower could reach so high, and every block of ice resonated with your soul. For a moment, that took up your thoughts. This was not as it should be; the darkness was not what was responding to your touch but something else.

You laid a hand on the ice, and felt something very faint indeed. Not contact, but rather the possibility of it. Like an old friend, trapped in the ice of the building. You traced the power with your mind; following it through complicated patterns which seemed impossibly perfect. Circuits laid by some ancient master doubled it back and boosted its strength, there was not one, but three channels of energy and each one was separate for the powers would react explosively should they meet.

Each of these three mighty rivers was dammed and tapped by a fourth power, which felt as black as anything you had ever known. Evil and twisted, yes this was the touch of a Nightmare Soldier, perhaps something even worse...

The first river of power was that of chained magic, chaotic and eager for any release. It bucked and twisted in its shadow-chains, but could not escape. The second was that of darkness, like your own base back in the city, this was the personalised aspect of the caster. It was what attuned the magic to him and allowed him to wield it so easily. It probably also was connected in some way to the DoruGreymon.

The third power... that was the worst. You didn't know what it was, and yet it felt so familiar to your fused soul. It called to you in some way, but it was shielded multiple ways and you just could not find out what it was. It was the weakest of the rivers – a stream, really, yet the channel cut for it was the widest of them all. As though the caster had been expecting much, or else still was.

The spellwork was utterly without mechanical flaw; the channels and grooves and chains all worked in perfect union, you even spotted some ancient runes which had not seen use in many centuries, and which few even knew it had existed outside Dominion of Light scholars. However, even as the casting itself was impeccable, the lay-out was not. Oh, it wasn't anything less than brilliant, but it failed in one manner and one manner alone.

It was laid out for best effect visually rather than for the best effect magically. The rivers ran from separate sides of the building, flowing up the walls in an invisible current which looked dramatic and awesome to those with the eyes to see it, but it actually hindered the casting of whatever was being worked. Not by a lot, but in affairs of magic even the smallest of mistakes could cause trouble down the line. It was why Myotismon had decided not to mess with the Grief Seed you even now carried.

The maker of these magics was somewhere here. That was obvious. The question was, where would you find them?

[] If someone has the ego to wire the building with streams placed so dramatically, obviously they will be at the top – where the three kinds of magic meet.

[] The gall of such an obvious set-up. Its a trap, it has to be. You will find your target at the base of the keep, where the defences are strongest.

[] Write In

Anyone want to vote?

[X] If someone has the ego to wire the building with streams placed so dramatically, obviously they will be at the top – where the three kinds of magic meet.

[X] If someone has the ego to wire the building with streams placed so dramatically, obviously they will be at the top – where the three kinds of magic meet.

"We're going up." You said, blinking back into the regular world. The flowing rivers of magic faded from your sight, though you had looked long enough to know their course by heart. All three rose into the sky, and met at the very top of the tower. There was a room there, and it probably had windows.

You smirked.

"And I know just how."

"Wait I thought you couldn't fly in this form." Phantomon said, clinging on more tightly now as though already aware of what you were planning.

"I cannot. But thankfully, footholds have already been provided."

You smashed a fist into the wall of the icy keep. Cracks spread, but it held. You tested it once and nodded. Sure that it would take your weight. You looked around before you went, wondering. Shouldn't there be guards here by now? Unless the fool only had DoruGreymon...

Well no matter. You would know soon enough.

Before long, you were rising slowly into the sky. The walls of the tower were cold and slippery, but your armoured gauntlets provided a good grip and insulated you from the cold. Each time you wanted to move,you had to carve out a new hold but it was not hard. Kick here, punch here, repeat. A ladder of spider-web cracks marked where you had already been – more than two thirds of the tower had passed behind you now, and you could feel the hum of magic even without looking for it.

"Feel that?" You asked Phantomon.

"Of course." He replied. "Its power from the Dark Area, magic and...something else. I don't know it, but it feels ancient."

"Yeah." You nodded. "It feels familiar to me, do you think we've come across it before?"

There was a pause, broken only by the cracking sound as you made some new handholds.

"No. I've never felt this before. It is unique enough that I would recognise it if I did. I feel like I am being exposed to an entirely new energy form, but... it feels ancient at the same time. Like its been here forever, but I've never seen or felt it. How can that be?"

"Perhaps its an old power waking up." The words were not entirely Myotismon's, the fused portion of Loweemon's mind had triggered some hidden memory or instinct. "Something that existed a long time ago, and is only coming back now."

"You sound sure." Phantomon said.

"I am." You answered in surprise. "Its like I know it, but I don't. I think it may have something to do with Loweemon but... I don't have his memories. Just his power. Myotismon's personality was used as the basis for mine. His mind is my model. From Loweemon I have only vague impressions. Since he's fused into me, I can't even ask him directly."

"The answer seems obvious." Phantomon said, and you would have shot him a glare if you could.

"Please enlighten me."

"Ancient power? Familiar to Loweemon? Its a Spirit. Its a Spirit being awoken."

The last piece fell into place, and you paused; hanging from the wall. "You're right. Its a Spirit. Why didn't I spot that? Of course, that's why the DoruGreymon were there! They were just buying time! The fool thinks to awaken and use a spirit. It won't work; it'll destroy him if he tries to master it. A Spirit will allow no one but its chosen to wield it."

"Can you tell which one it is? You have Loweemon's power, right? That's one of his abilities."

You nodded and closed your eyes. This time you reached for that mysterious stream of power and looked at it, really looked at it. As though the very action of knowing what you looked at was enough, you realised it was coming into focus for you. Yes, now the barriers seemed to melt away at your probe, the flickering power to reach to you. It touched your probe, but it didn't burn. Instead that sense of familiarity grew stronger,and it was like meeting a long lost friend with whom you had shared many battles.

Loweemon? The voice was weak, fading in and out. The shadow chains which bound it were not meant merely to keep it under control. They were keeping it half asleep. Unable to truly use its power. Is that you?

In a manner of speaking.
You replied. I am DuskMyotismon, I was formed with the aid of Loweemon.

A chosen...? no, it doesn't matter. Listen to me, you have to put a stop to the ritual! He's not trying to bond with me, he's doing something wors-

The voice was cut off mid-sentence, and you felt the spirit recoil as though in pain. Anger burnt in your heart, and you felt your own power surge in sympathy. He tortured a helpless hostage, and now he would pay.

Who are you?
You demanded. Answer me! I am DuskMyotismon, and I will see your end!

Chuckling. A rich, dark voice. Then contact was made again, though the presence was worse than you could have thought. Your probe was engulfed in an inky blackness, cast adrift in a void without stars. It was cold, and you began to shiver inside your armour.

Do you have any idea how many have spoken those words to me little bat? Yet I stand still. I have mastered death, and I have escaped the seal. The power you are so proud of is worth less than nothing to me.

What are you? You asked. This power, it went way beyond any mere Nightmare Soldier. There was only one answer, and though you dreaded to speak it, it nevertheless floated to the top of your mind where the presence picked up.

You know. You suspect and fear it. I am The Great Shadow, the Schemer at the End of the World. I have existed since the birth of your Dominion of Light, and I have watched over this world since the very dawn of creation itself. You stand against me? You're not even a gnat. Not worthy of my attention. I am Demon Lord, dare you stand against me?

Hearing the word was enough to make your spirit shrink. Demon Lord. You wanted to believe that it was a lie, but you knew that it was true. This type of connection left no room for such obvious falsity. He was a Demon Lord...

And now you knew that you were out of your depth.

No. You thought. This is part of his abilities. He can play with people's feelings, manipulate emotion into what he wants it to be. I am not gnat; I was MagnaAngemon of the Dominion of Light, and now I am DuskMyotismon, the Knight of Shadow. My code does not allow for failure, and my will shall not be broken so easily.

Very good. The rich voice was amused. So many fall at that first hurdle. Happily dancing to the beat of their heart, unknowing that they are puppets, and their own strings are their pride or ego, or greed. But you are not they... very well. You are still a gnat, but you are an impressive one. Face me then if you would save your brother. I will destroy you, and when I do I will destroy the survivors of your group. Anubismon has much to answer for.

The contact faded away, and once more you were hanging by your hands and feet off a tower that was being buffeted by the howling wind.

"Well? Were you able to find out which spirit it is?"

"No, but the situation is much worse than I thought. Listen, that's a Demon Lord up there. He is planning something and it is nearly finished. We have no choice but to fight him. But..."

"A Demon Lord is one of the most powerful beings ever to walk our world." Phantomon said. "If we go, there is a high chance at least one of us will be deleted."

"Exactly. I am powerful, but even I am not immortal. The strength of any Demon Lord is said to be beyond compare. If we go forward then I cannot garuntee your safety."

"As I could not guarantee that child's." Phantomon said. "The future is never certain, and we must not dwell on what could have been. If I die because of my lack of power then so be it, I will have died for a purpose. But..." He paused, and you wondered if he was remembered Madoka, and whatever promise he had made to her before he left. "I have no intentions of dying here. I am needed and so are you. We've done the impossible before. Demon Lord? Ha! Take his title."

"Hmmm." You remarked. "It would suit me. Very well. We go to war again old friend. Watch my back and I shall watch yours. Let's show this monster what it means to oppose us."

You continued your ascent. Your only hope now was that your unorthodox means of travel might give you the element of surprise as you came at least to the level of the tower which brimmed with power. As you had anticipated, there were windows here. Large murals, with coloured ice. It depicted a flying city aflame, a dark presence towered above it.

"Here we go." You said, and shattered the ice.

As the rain of glittering shards fell across the floor, you leapt into the room expecting to be challenged. There was none. You realised that you had broken into a lab of some sort; the streams were so powerful that they were visible even to the naked eye. They flowed through a groove cut into the floor, and met in the middle of the room. Above the pool of light, you saw there was an alter suspended and upon that, a block of ice. Frozen inside, you felt the presence of the Spirit.

Warily, you looked around the room for traps. There was a lot of other things; bookcases stuffed with arcane tomes that you had never before seen; models of the worlds and how they fitted together, even maps and charts which seemed to point to some singular goal buried in the Digital World.

The majority of the room was built around the pool of energy, however. Runes carved into the floor burned with a frosty brilliance. You recognised some of the symbols, but more were beyond you. Ancient signs long faded from mortal memory.

Of the ones you recognised, you managed to figure out that two of them were tied to the spell.

The rune for focus blazed a dull blue, and the one for magnify was likewise empowered. Ringed around the whole pool was the mark for Shield. And behind those, there was an inner ring marked Sleep. You figured that this was how the power of the Spirit was being contained and channelled. However, for every rune you recognised, there were three or four you didn't.

At the centre of the runes, and submerged in the pool of half-liquid you caught sight of one more feature. A dark Soul Gem atop a strange shield.

"Ok, I have recovered most of my power now." Phantomon floated free, his eyes traced the room, and you detected a certain amount of wonder. Of course, he'd been a direct magic user for longer than you and lived for this kind of thing. "So what do we do now?"

[] The Spirit is the source of the power. Take it.

[] The Spirit is being shielded, call upon your power and destroy the alter upon which it sits.

[] Big room? Spirit in the centre and no guards? Oh, this is so not a trap. Call on the Demon Lord instead. Let him defend his prize.

[] Write In.

Ok, entering to get the spirit is very likely to put US to sleep... but calling out to do battle sounds exactly what someone looking to stall would want... so...

[X] The Soul Gem is probably the key to this puzzle box, see if you can't do something to quickly remove it from the equation.

Homura's shield...

Oh fuck.

So, how shall we deal with things that can freeze time, reverse time, or speed up the passage of time?

Focus, Magnify, Shield... oh dear. He's going full Nox on us.

Redon said:
Ok, entering to get the spirit is very likely to put US to sleep... but calling out to do battle sounds exactly what someone looking to stall would want... so...

[X] The Soul Gem is probably the key to this puzzle box, see if you can't do something to quickly remove it from the equation.

The Soul Gem is submerged in the meeting pace of the three streams, behind the ring of runes. In order to do anything, you'd need to cross them anyway. That is, unless you plan to blow it up.

[] Big room? Spirit in the centre and no guards? Oh, this is so not a trap. Call on the Demon Lord instead. Let him defend his prize.

No one wants to make any more votes? Fair enough, but don't say I didn't give you a chance.

For reference, if I had to put a song to match the Demon Lord?#

It'd be this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI9pgqHRG_M&list=PL2EE2DF15BB62AD71

Good luck!

The hairs on the back of your neck stood on end, you felt that eyes were upon you no matter where you turned, but as the Demon Lord had not appeared yet, you bent down to examine his work. It was...flawless. The runes were interlocking layers of protection; reinforcement upon shield upon reserve. Each of them was linked into whichever flow of power was nearest to it. At first, you thought this might be a weakness to exploit, perhaps you could sneak your way in with the flow? But no, the runes had been configured to accept only the power of whichever source they were channelling. Anything else would trigger the rest of the set.

The whole thing was set up in three slowly shrinking circles. The first and outer layer was the shield and magnify runes, as well as ones you suspected were for sensing. The second layer was totally unfamiliar, and the third contained mostly the Focus runes. The pool of semi-liquid power rested within the third circle, and within that there was the shield and Soul Gem. The alter floated directly above it the Spirit placed upon it.

It was a perfect circle, and there was no way to get in. Looking at the runes, you didn't even think you'd be able to send a blast of energy through it – it would trigger the outer shield runes and then...

Well, that was half the problem. What would it do once active?

Given days, you could subvert it with your power; carefully picking apart each individual rune and neutralising it. But days you did not have, and therefore as annoying as it was, there was but one thing that came to mind.

You would have to draw out this Demon Lord and defeat him. A sobering expectation at the best of times, but with Phantomon still lagging in reserves the main fight would fall to you. True, you were a mega and you had some power over the element of shadows. That was an advantage, but still... you remembered the tales that used to be told of the Demon Lords. That with only seven, they had held the entire Digital World in terror of them, that it had taken the might of all the Royal Knights to seal them away, and that they counted amongst their number, the founder of your own Dominion.

Lucemon...

It couldn't be? Not him.... no, he would haver said something if he were, you supposed. Pride and arrogance were his flaws, and you knew that he would surely have boasted if you were to fight against him like this. No, it was one of the others.

The thought was not comforting. Each and every one of them was a Digimon to whom thousands had bowed, and ten times that number had died by their hands. Back when this all started, when you had been Myotismon upon the flying fortress you might have likened them to Gods. Beings who towered over all children of the Dark Area and whom you had wanted one day to join. But that was when your mind had been clouded by the affects of the Dark Area. You no longer persued that goal.

And you would not tremble in fear of one who had been sealed away for over a thousand years.

"I am going to call him." You said. "I can see no other way to neutralise this spell. Phantomon, be ready."

"Aye." He said, looking away from the circle of runes. "If this is the path you think is best." He sounded doubtful.

"Its the only one we can take." You shared a look, and with the comforting feeling that at least you would not be fighting alone, you once more sent forth a mental call. This time it was no probe, but a summons directed at the tower itself. It rebounded from the walls, and danced along the twisting corridors.

Demon Lord! I stand in your sanctum! Are you too much of a coward to come and face me?

Then you felt it. A growing shadow at your back. You spun, and saw the waters of the pool began to ripple and bubble. Half-liquid and half magic, it hissed, spat, and slowly, began to rise up. A great column of darkness which built up and up. As it did, you felt its power began to grow. The aura of darkness was so great that you could have been standing in the Dark Area itself. The intent behind that power? It was pointed, but not hot. This was not the raging inferno of strength you might have expected. Rather, it was cold. Icy to the touch of your mind, with a strange inner core you could not see.

The column had no reached its maximum height, and it began to shed itself. Water cascaded from its form, and as it did, it returned to its original state and discharged as crackling lightning which licked the floor around you. You saw the runes start to burn bright blue as more and more power surged through them.

The liquid was taking shape. A pointed mask, two twisting horns. Two vast, black wings, a robe of embroidered silk. As form was gained, so too was power brought back into focus. The darkness grew and grew, until the whole world faded out and only the beast before you was left. More details were now shaping themselves before your eyes. The twist of a claw, the sowing of a cuff, the baleful glare of an eye.

He was only half your size, but you did not doubt for a second his power. Then, with a shuddering breath, he inhaled and lived.

"I respond to your summons." He spoke aloud for the first time, and his words stabbed into you like blades. Each sound he made twisted in your gut, and you felt the urge to fall to your knees before this patrician of the darkness. "DuskMyotismon." His eyes bore into yours, and you almost shielded them with your arm. "Why do set foot in my domain?"

"I demand your name!" You snarled with more bravado than you felt. "This world is mine! That Soul Gem was taken from my land, and you are a threat to my plans!"

"The plans of an insect." He said. "Tiny, minuscule little plans. Do you understand the magnitude of what I intend to do? Of course not. You cannot fathom even half of what is to come when I unleash the power contained in that Soul Gem."

He brought one gnarled hand up slowly, and with a gesture, every run began to burn black. The blue faded, and you had the sense of some great power being awakened. And the spirit in the centre...

It was screaming.

"I have walked the very surface of the Dark Area itself. I have fallen from heaven, and I have seen the one you would call God. I have fought the angels for more years than you have lived, and I have bested Yggdrasial every time bar the last. Even when he sealed me, the fool allowed me to escape. I have existed so long that the lives of others are like blinks to me, and yet here you stand. An insignificant bat who wishes to hear my name? Very well. I am Daemon. And if you stand against me, I will be your doom.

You claim to wield the power of Darkness, but tell me, DuskMyotismon, is your soul as dark as mine?" He laughed in your face. "But I am not unmerciful. You have brought me one whom I have haunted for some time. Anubismon is at last within my grasp. So, in gratitude, I will allow you to join me. You wield great power amongst your kind, and your potential is only beginning to be tapped. Bow, Nightmare Soldier."

Each word hit you like a falling building. Like he reached directly into your mind, and ripped your will to resist to pieces. Your body aching, your legs trying to fold themselves. You couldn't think, how could you fight like this? How could you do anything?

"Bow." He said. " Bow, or right here, I will wipe you from existence itself."

[] You cannot resist -Bow-

[] You manage to resist." No. I weild the spirit of darkness. I will not be controlled!"

[] Write In.

Here is some interesting facts to go along with the update!

If you had found some way to destroy the Soul Gem, the DexDoruGreymon would also have been destroyed. Bonus points if you can figure out why.

If you had brought Mummymon with you rather than Phantomon, he would have probably been able to warn you ahead of time and tell you why he hates Anubismon, but he also probably would have died.

If you had brought Jade instead of Phantomon, oh well that would have been quite interesting. Probably better for you you didn't.

Daemon's plan is still unknown, if you can guess it then bonus points.

We're coming to the end of this quest, by the way, and I actually have some questions for you guys when it gets done involving what I should do next, more details once we're finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back