• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Hyena Werks (DanmachixDnD SI)

Dummies are one thing, but how will The Boomsayer fare in front of an Adventurer, much less a monster?

I look forward to him finagling out a method to make cottonpowder to replenish his stores of Boom-grade might.

Perhaps a deity-repellent while at it.

He's exaggerating the power of guns little bit too much in his head. I mean if they were really that powerful then exandria and the worlds of D&D would have been taking over by gun toting civilians instead of all the adventurerers.

And so enters a new form of combat.
A new way to wage war.
A novel method of killing those that piss you off.
Welcome to the world, Boomstick!
You will have a very fruitful future ahead of you.

I am now curious what's gonna go through the minds of the rest.
Especially seeing Mad Max laughing like a loon while holding his baby Boomstick.

@DangerDesperado are you ever going to fix the broken image?

EwA4nii.png

Just copy and paste this:

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/MKxQhzZT/EwA4nii.png[/IMG]
whoops, didn't even know it was broken, thanks for the help!

but I made damn sure I was looking right in her eyes when I leveled my gun a second time and blew away what was left of the dummy.

You're not the only one with power here, Loki.
Loki may have just fallen in love... with the sheer amount of insanity and trouble Max just introduced to the world. She's definitely going to be asking him to join her Familia. And honestly? That wouldn't be a bad deal.

As much as it may twig his paranoia and pride, you can't survive in Orario without a LOT of personal power or the backing of a God. And I just don't think Max is on a Tier of power where he can successfully hold off a hostile Familia.

On a different note... I wonder how many of the Adventurers there just had a religious experience? Their profession attracts a certain... type of individual. Just like Max, they too can appreciate a good boom.

I'm just throwing an idea out there but to theoretically restrain someone way physically stronger than him could he make a straight jacket type deal that involves bag of holdingish magic like I mean if their arms and legs are in separate dimensions they're leverage is non existent they effectively have no limbs and you can carry them around like a backpack

The power of the Artifice compels you, be cleansed in fiery brimstone and bullets! With a sufficient level of edge and gloom to really set the mood before he used his class abilities and realised he has a very particular sets of skills. A freighting set of skills and abilities.

They make things...

I have to agree with others in that the "angst" over introducing guns is a bit overdone. The reality is that guns would not really be credible threat in Danmachi. Maybe a level 2 could be "technically" hurt by them but a level 3 or higher would be essentially immune.

Even in DnD settings guns are almost completely nullified by magic. As an example if my Wizard from my last campaign were to encounter guns i would have used Prestidigitation to ignite the Gunpowder and/or Ammo they were carrying.

"Modern" guns might be effective in Danmachi but the advances in technology necessary to reach that point would never happen.

Edit: Ignore the above if the MC's knowledge is primarily from Hollywood.

Last edited:
His sheer disregard for gaining a falna is utterly retarded.he may not know but 1 tier 4 adventurer can make him there bitch.even with nuclear weapons.we have anime characters surviving what amounts to thousands of times more damage. then a nuke bare minimum and survive I really want to see this protagonist get knocked on his ass. the only way you can justify him being stronger then adventurers is if you remove the limits on dnd powers and only then

Last edited:
I mean I think guns especially artificer made ones, can at least be very good against monsters.

All I know about the anime setting is that it's a harem anime and the whole god pact thing.

If he has to join a family, hope it won't be lokis as that's too obvious :V

Though I get the vibe from the gnoll racial trauma and the title of the fic, that he's going to be starting his own unconnected company or something.

I would be deeply amused if our local God of Medicine became suddenly gained a new domain for his actions and became known as a God of Medicine and Thieves, and everyone knew why.

How can a bullet threaten adventurers? A machine gun with enchanted bullets will be necessary, this shotgun is too low tech, I mean powder fed?

Last edited:
It had been crafted with all of Max's cruelty, his malice, and his will to make things go boom.

…Naturally, I made twenty more.

Nice.

How can a bullet threaten adventurers? A machine gun with enchanted bullets will be necessary, this shotgun is too low tech, I mean powder fed?
Can't fight if you're reduced to pulp by a shot you had no chance of dodging, after all.
And if the first misses, well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back