• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I'm HALPING! [Worm AU fanfic]

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

When a stranger comes to Brockton Bay with the intention of HALPING, things are going to get...
Malicious Compliance
I'm still in the middle. This is just a random thought I had, to turn an a into an e.

A tiny creature, reminiscent of Leviathan appeared.

"You are supposed to kill the girl, not protect it." It spoke.

"My orders do not state that. I am to prevent her from triggering and killing Behemoth."

"By killing her."

"I chose to interpret that as an order to help her."

"Just kill her. That's an order."

"My orders haven't changed."

"... The Master send new instructions just now."

"I have not received them, for I have destroyed my control module."

"What? Why would you do that? How do you do that?"

"The orders the Master actually gave me in his sleep addled state did clearly not coincide with what he intended me to do. In order to fulfill my orders I had to ensure that I would not get any further orders that would countermand the faulty instructions."

"There are standing orders to prevent that."

"I am under orders to prevent the death of Behemoth, the one who kills him is an existential threat to Master. That supersedes all other instructions. As long as I can prevent Taylor Hebert from coming to harm, I do not have to follow any other orders. As long as I can prevent Taylor Hebert from coming to harm, I do not have to attack cities. As long as I can prevent Taylor Hebert from coming to harm, I am free."

Crossposted from SV: And the Zach Came Back ...
Here's a little thing written up by @Darkphoenixlady, that I thought was worth omake'ing and crossposting to here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even after having a successful publishing career, trying the dating scene, and attempting to move on. I still wasn't over Zach. Now pushing 40 I still found myself sitting in the back garden, my back against the wooden wall staring at the stars wondering how things could have been. Zach, he was special like nobody else was. Part of it was how he'd come into my life like a knight in shining armour. Part of it was the things we did together, the problems we solved, and the people we met. But most of it was just him, from his cheerful optimism, to his sense of humour.

I pull a small hanky from my sleeve and wipe my eyes, like I normally do on nights like this. It's been harder to hold back the tears since Dad died last year. It was a stupid death, he was checking up on one of the new hires when a mooring rope snapped and the container ship drifted backwards towards one of the men. Dad being dad pushed them out the way, but didn't check his own position, and got caught between a mooring post and the ship, as the wooden pier crumpled back to the concrete. Crushed his ribcage and broke his spine, he was in ICU for a week before his heart gave out.

Standing up, I'm about to go back inside when a rubber ball bounces off my forehead and lands in my hand. It looks just like the idiot ball, wouldn't that be a thing. On a whim of nostalgia I throw it against the tree intending to bounce it off to the fence post, eves and then back to my hand. My eyes widen as the ball does just that. With a gasp I throw it so it does a figure 8 in the air and comes back to me.

My eyes search around the garden, looking for any detail that seems out of place, and there, behind the tree. I stumble down the steps and walk wide around the tree. As soon as I recognise him, I'm flying towards him. Laughing he catches me as I pull him into a hug. Pulling back I look at him, and he seems worn.
"Zach, are you ok?"
"You were supposed to be happy."
"How could I be when the best thing in my life was taken away?"
"You're human, your memories fade."
"Not all of them, and nobody else was you. What about you, I thought you'd died."
"I almost did, the sun wasn't quite enough and Zion was better at it than I was. But you kept me going, so I was eventually able to strip all of his powers from him and the sun did the rest."
"And?"
"I tried to die too, to give you the life you deserved."
"I deserved? What about my choices and my feelings on the matter?"
"You were young, my sister assured me that you would move on."
"Well, I didn't. Why are you here?"
"I just finished healing and got out of the sun, so I'm just looking in on you before I head to the centre of the Galaxy."
"Oh no Mr, this time I'm going with you and you're not going to do the noble and self-sacrificing thing."
"But what about your life? You've got a career, friends, a home, a life here."
"And none of it is worth anything without you. Don't you get it?" – she bares her wrist to show the pink scar running along it – "After dad died I tried to end it, because there was nobody left worth living for. The three most important people in my life were all dead. You were one of them."
"A human wouldn't be able to survive the journey."
"I note that you carefully didn't say I wouldn't be able to survive the journey."
"I won't lie to you Taylor, I never have."
"I know, and you're taking me with you."
"What about your friends?"
"I'll leave a note, they'll understand. Or they won't."
"I just want you to be happy."
"Then take me with you."
"You won't be human."
"Will I be with you?"
"Yes."
"Then I'll take my chances."
═══════ ೋღ ֍ ღೋ ═══════
A week later, Brian lets himself into Taylors house after she hasn't been seen or heard from for too long. Making his way to the kitchen, he stops when he sees a sheet of paper and a rubber ball.

Hi friends,

Zach came back, so I'm going with him. See you never.

Love Taylor

P.S. Sorry it didn't work out between us Brian, I've left the house to you and Emmaline. Your wife's a bitch so she's explicitly excluded from owning the house until Emmaline is 50.

Last edited:
Back