• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Industrial Commander: Not Enough Pockets

More like fear and suffering weeds out the true believers from those who says they are, its easy to identify as a Christian when you live a cosy, safe life in a liberal country and not in a place where you get beheaded with a dull knife for doing so. Take for example america, a majority of people there says they are Christians but sure as hell dont live like one and then you have people like the copts of egypt or the russian old believers or nigerian Christians.
That was a joke my dude.

Gateway Starport, Systems Alliance Citizen : Joshua Christen, Human

I took a sip of orange soda, looking at the bustling activity of the Central Zone. People of all races were going around, chatting, and having a decently good time. The Geth were scary to see at first, with all the negative press about them. But they were fairly peaceful, and a few people were actually chatting with the Geth. Being more social with the machines.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

I grinned, "Isn't it supposed to be a credit for your thoughts?" I glanced at True, one of his many bodies that walk around the place.

"Actually, it used to be a penny for your thoughts, and was coined by the United States."

I raised my brow. "I remember learning about the U.S. back in school. It was pre UNAS right?"

"Yep. It was before the United North American States formation. The History of it isn't really taught that much in schools anymore. But it was a pretty interesting place."

As much as things change, things remain the same. A lot of what had gone on in the past was still affecting things today. It has worsened in some areas, brightened in others. It disappointed Joshua to know how many things that were problems in the past, haven't been fixed to this day.

"You think that one day we will have those issues buried in the past." He couldn't help but ask his friend.

True shrugged. "As things are now? It's very unlikely. I've already dealt with issues of homelessness and welfare back in my territory. But I have the funds and care to actually try it. Technically the Systems Alliance and governments on Earth also have the capabilities to fix them. But they don't want to fix them. Or atleast, the people who want to fix them aren't able to get strong enough to do anything."

I stared at True. "What do you mean?"

They shrugged, before continuing on. "I'll give you it as I see it. The main reason for it is profit and power. There is more profit and power in allowing people to be poor, in making it where they don't have the ability to improve their life, than to do something about it. There is evidence of this throughout history. If you're poor you are more likely to join the military, more likely to work for lower wages, and more. If you are broke you are more likely to vote for people who make empty promises, but do nothing. If you are homeless, they dehumanize you until you join either the military or work cheaply. Some of them don't even realize that they do it too, which is the worst thing about it. The only way I know to fix these issues, is to start anew. Replacing everyone that is incharge with people who actually want to fix things, of course, the odds of that happening is pretty low."

Joshua sighed. He wanted to disagree with True. To say things were better. But he himself had experienced it. He had escaped his colony to the Starport for better options. The only reason he was able to is because the Haulers had free transit. Honestly his mental health and physical well being has greatly increased since he arrived on the Starport. He wasn't at risk of starving because his welfare payment was just slightly late, or lowered for some reason he didn't get to know of. Now he had a cushy job as a Game Moderator, which actually paid pretty well and wasn't over the top difficult.

"Maybe one day things will improve." Joshua couldn't help but say.

"Maybe." True didn't shoot that idea down. Instead they watched the hustle and bustle of the station.

— Commander True

It would be a few more months before the Railspace Dimension was capable of going beyond this galaxy into the Andromeda Galaxy or the next one. Once it was possible, I was going to be waging war directly on the Reapers, as they will be in range. With Sovereign dead, and the Citadel and Relays cut off from sending signals to the Reapers, things would go well. The Collectors were also dead, I managed to catch them when I was removing the Batarian Hegemony.

I was developing constantly as well. Converting undiscovered systems into full on factories to produce whatever resource I may need. The number of ships I had active was, well, unrealistic. I'm pretty sure I could go head to head with all the Mass Effect races in space, and come out on top. I outnumbered them six to one. For now at least. Now, All I need to do is start producing resources Ex-Nihilo and then I will be an insanely powerful Commander.

Hmm? My Labs made a new breakthrough, something on the high importance chart. Let's see…

Oh…

Oh wow.

Well. It seems I don't have only this universe at my disposal, cause you can apparently stack Railspace Dimensions until you can travel through space and time into another reality. I already knew Time-Travel was in theory possible. But with this I could choose what time I wanted to insert myself into a universe. Course, it was the time since that universe was created, so I'd have to be fairly careful not to travel to a universe at the exact time the big bang starts. So it isn't technically safe yet.

But I could travel through time and dimensions to alternate, and new universes. I could technically travel to another Mass Effect alternative universe, or travel to one of the different universes. Heh, I might end up in a Halo/Mass Effect timeline. Which is cool, but this does open a bunch of moral dilemmas. There are a lot of universes where the Reapers may have succeeded. Or the Systems Alliance is still in a war with the Turian Hierarchy. I suppose I don't have to worry about it for now. I can choose what time I insert into a reality so I can take my time with it. It may be best to explore an entirely new universe first and see if I can find any technologies that would further my goal into becoming an unstoppable war machine.

For now, let's make the Dyson Sphere, make that my main goal. That way I can actual fuel the creation of a stacked Railspace and keep it contained to the point where it doesn't destroy the universe I'm living in. In the meantime I can keep exploring the use of pocket dimensions, I can probably shrink the size of my haulers soon while keeping the same amount of storage.

A/N- I think it's about time for a timeline chapter, for the twelve to twenty years, a fat load of nothing is going to happen, with the only big things being the discovery of new technologies and possible civil wars.

Course, it was the time since that universe was created, so I'd have to be fairly careful not to travel to a universe at the exact time the big bang starts. So it isn't technically safe yet
So it would be possible to tap non life bearing universes for power, materials, and to build up infrastructure?

I would rather not read about another ME timeline, things would just be largely be the same. The only difference is the reaction canon characters will make, only serves to scratch a certain crossover itch.

Perhaps Stargate? Build on a different quadrant in Star Trek? You can even start in the Unknown Regions in Star Wars.

This is so exciting! Maybe True will end up connecting to Voidtrain and find cowboys in his railspace? Maybe find himself in Destiny and befriend the Exos? Or maybe someplace more magical in origin? Not the DC universe, it has the source wall and I doubt even True has the moxie to risk that ridiculous amount of shenanigans. But what about places like Knights & Magic? This is gonna be awesome!!!

This is so exciting! Maybe True will end up connecting to Voidtrain and find cowboys in his railspace? Maybe find himself in Destiny and befriend the Exos? Or maybe someplace more magical in origin? Not the DC universe, it has the source wall and I doubt even True has the moxie to risk that ridiculous amount of shenanigans. But what about places like Knights & Magic? This is gonna be awesome!!!
I don't know. True vs. Brainiac would be awesome. Fighting Darkseid and Apokalipse tech while Batman tries to establish contact after an alien signal reaches Earth would make for a fun chapter but I am ok with whatever.

Over time, things changed, I researched new technology, new devices, new ships. Surprisingly enough, I didn't get dragged into another war even though I was constantly preparing for the reapers. I had to make drydocks to refit my existing ships with newer technology. Hmm, I might as well share what I've found out. It's been fifteen years since I discovered railspace technology has the capabilities of traversing dimensions.

During that time I've been prepping. Doomsday prepping if you would. I was capable of doing years worth of research in mere days or months thanks to the worlds I converted into labs. I had a total of two hundred and sixteen solar systems under my control, and a ton of concepts I was trying to turn into reality.

Let's talk about ships first. My standard Fighter Frigate, my mainstay of my fleets have changed weapons a few times, now it uses a mix of kinetic nullifier beams, dimensionally stacked railguns, and high power laser cannons. Honestly, I outgunned everyone including the Reapers, especially since I used Eezo to lighten the tungsten rounds that I launched thirty percent of the speed of light. What is amusing is that Kinetic Weapons like that no longer affect my ships thanks to the Kinetic Nullifier Field.

They do however cloud vision and block my ships fire since we have to clear out the rounds that are stuck to the field before we can fire. That normally is done by turning the field off and moving around the debris before firing. Below that is the energy shield, which helps block lasers and weapons that somehow bypass the KNF shield generator.

The Haulers have changed a lot. They have enough space in order to fit the entirety of North America's landmass in them now. They typically only transported twenty to thirty percent of the tonnage that they can actually pull. Which means that I have way too many haulers, and can probably afford to cut back on a few. On that note I've constructed six more Starports, not all in Systems Alliance space. I had a Starport in the Krogans home system. Much to the displeasure of the Citadel who are still not happy that I booted them from the system after making a deal with Urdnot Wrex.

I have two more Starports in Turian Space. Which, thanks to excellent marketing and regular contact with the Turians managed to just barely not cause too many tensions with the Systems Alliance. I had a Starport next to Rannoch, or well, a system away from Rannoch. The Migrant Fleet is still a thing, but a colony has propped up on Rannoch because. Well… I may have started dropping Quarian spies, prisoners, and pilgrims on Rannoch. They are doing well so far. I had to set up a medical center there cause Quarians kept getting sick. Ever since they have been developing independently of the Migrant Fleet.

I had another Starport built next to the City World the Batarian population was living in. It was mainly for recreational use, as they could rent out starships with credits and go exploring. I was monitoring them so they didn't accidentally go into one of my… experiment zones. Particularly the one where I had barely stopped a blackhole from expanding and consuming the entire galaxy. I'm actually harvesting matter from that blackhole, which is really good because that thing is basically threatening me with a catastrophic collapse. I have specialized ships that were using a mix of null beams and magnetized beams to basically grab and pull matter from the blackhole from a safe distance. With another set of machines to turn that matter into usable matter, such as Element Zero, Iron, Gold, and various other pure elements. Which is then sent to my factory worlds to be used in expanding the harvesting operation.

It took a ton of power, but if I didn't start doing it, the entire galaxy would likely start shifting and start having systems collide. It was bigger than a super massive black hole, and luckily, it stopped growing. I'll be honest, I was thinking about shunting the thing into its own railspace. I could do it without causing a thermic ignition this time. I'm experimenting to figure out if it is possible for something that large though, I'd have to create the dimension in one go to prevent any unexpected reactions in realspace. Well, when I start traveling to another dimension I'll make a few dyson spheres to fuel the event if needed. Will need to research more.

My last Starport was a bit of a power play. I plotted a semi-finished Starport a bit away from the Citadel. Causing a ton of outrage between myself and the Councilors. I had a lot of Citadel criminals and suppressed citizens flee into my Starport. I was keeping an eye on those who broke Citadel law, but they haven't repeated it yet. Free housing and food was pretty convincing. I recreated a bunch of games from 2024. Those were definitely occupying time. The Citadel Starport in particular had a bunch of COD Fanatics. I was actually asked to host a tournament, so that was a fun activity for me to watch. The Hanar had a bit of an unfair advantage. Able to react faster than most players. So I made some various advances in medicine and cybernetics to fix the issue. Which, as a side effect, also allowed me to fix various conditions that people may have been facing. Joker is probably able to walk now.

— Dark Space

I finally found them. I had a stealth ship expedition exploring far beyond the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy. Judging from what I'm seeing, Harbinger massively overstated their numbers. There are only a few hundred thousand ships. Although there may be more flying about. What did they do for fun out here?

Nothing. I'm not joking, they did nothing but maintenance. I've been watching them for a few days. I'm not risking digital connections with them, so I can't see what's going on in their digital realm. But this looks like a ship graveyard currently. Is this what happens whenever a cycle completes? They retreat here and crowd around this relay, and just… sit?! I suppose they don't get bored at least. Good news is, I completely outgun them. Their weapons were unchanged from the games, no experimentals that I have to worry about. So I was just surrounding their position. That relay goes straight to the citadel, which I know for a fact doesn't work anymore. Meaning I can just slowly converge around them in one go. This feels a bit anticlimactic.

After a bit, two weeks in fact. I've gotten two fleets surrounding the Reapers. They began moving. Which was definitely not normal. They changed orientation till they were facing a contingent of my stealth ships. Not risking it. Red Alert, Combat Initiated.

Space lit up as thousands of laser cannons began to fire. I haven't seen Harbinger yet. They are likely closer to the center. But Reapers were falling one by one. Laser Cannons completely nullified every defense that the Reapers had. I knew this from studying the Reaper corpses I had. My weapons were specially designed to the point I was completely crushing the Reaper fleet, they tried to flee deeper into Dark Space. Running into my net of ships preventing escape.

I then detected a broadcast. Filtering it through a heavily defended node, I took a listen. Terrible Idea, but curiosity sat with me.

"WHO ARE YOU. WHO ESCAPED THE CYCLE!"

I broadcasted my own response. "I am Commander True. Your Directives run counter to my own. Therefore you shall be removed."

"THE CYCLE WILL BE COMPLETED."

"The Cycle is done. Warfare is my prerogative. You won't win."

My quantum jammers got feedback. You know, having years of time to prepare for dealing with the Reapers wasn't in vain.

"Your Communications, Quantum Entangled or not, are suppressed. There is no escape."

"MACHINE INTELLIGENCE, YOU OVERESTIMATE YOURSELF."

"You underestimate me. I am developed for war. You are not. I predicted your abilities, I predicted your weapons, I researched your abilities. I know your history, I know you. Harbinger. You have met your end. Pray if you wish. For your death… it's inevitable."

Every second that passed, thousands of Reapers were destroyed. In some ways, this was more one sided than the Batarian war.

"YOU SHALL FIND YOURSELF PURSUING THE SAME ACTIONS WE ONCE TOOK."

"Not likely. You were made to preserve, to prevent races from facing destruction. I wasn't. Life and Death is natural. Inevitable even. One day I may disappear. You won't be there to see it. Eventually, the races of this galaxy will develop to the point that they declare war out of necessity. Or they find a way to deal with it. In the end… you will be gone."

There was no response as the remaining Reaper ships began scattering in all directions. There was only around five hundred thousand left. They weren't even bothering to shoot by this point, instead trying to use FTL to out maneuver me. I swapped to using the Null Beams. Watching as the ships ripped themselves into pieces when they attempted to enter FTL.

"WE CAN DISCUSS STOPPING THE CYCLE."

"Self-preservation protocols started kicking in haven't they? I've researched your programming thoroughly. The Cycle is hard set in your programming, your attempt to stall is impressive, it would probably work if I wasn't a machine intelligence myself. The only way to stop the Cycle is to wipe out all those that can begin it."

There was no more communication.

After five hours, the last Reaper was destroyed. Harbinger had died two hours ago. I'll have to figure out what they were trying to signal soon, likely some sort of just in case weapon. I'd find it. I've already triangulated the path of the signal.

My ships started double checking to make sure the Reaper ships were completely scrap metal. I sent a report back to my true self. I was technically a copy made to deal with Reapers in particular. Wonder what we will do next? I need to go deal with the Leviathans. Or at least set up a quarantine around the planet.

I glanced at the thousands of ships, I wasn't going to leave till I made certain that none could escape.

The Reapers were gone, they had backup plans in the Milky Way Galaxy still, I'd have to hunt them down. But still… it was over. I spent so long preparing for the big bad that I wasn't expecting to win that easily. I had three other fleets sitting in wait just in case the copy of myself failed. But it's over…

I don't really know what to think now. I could probably develop a Utopian Society now. I had the capabilities for it. I outgunned everyone and no one actually wanted to fight me. Meaning I had plenty of time to do whatever I may want. Hmm. Welp, I'm building a Capitalist Utopia while I fix my mistakes. I still need to, well. I don't actually need to travel to another universe. But I want to so I'm going to. I just got to figure out the math and how to figure out when a universe existed so I don't enter the timeline during the big bang. Or a universe where Gods other than my own exist and decide I don't deserve existence. Yeah this is incredibly dangerous and I still want to do it.

I suppose in the meantime, once my other self finishes up with the Reapers, I can send them over to the Andromeda galaxy to screw around. I never played Mass Effect Andromeda. But I remember there being some sort of empire or something. It got flooded with negative reactions so I never actually touched it. Well, just in case there is some sort of universe ending weapon there I should probably investigate. Most definitely investigating it.

Make sure to have your ships fitted with some false vacuum decay self destruct capabilities to protect your ships secrets and fuck over the universe it got destroyed in.

True shows up to the System Alliance Senate: uh hey guys just heads up there is a galactic threat but don't worry I am dealing with it. Just don't panic if stars start disappearing m'kay?

No one will ever know the Reapers existed. They are as gone as the races they harvested are.

Short Interlude, Wrex
Emperor Urdnot Wrex

I took a swig of Ryncol. I felt completely drained. You'd think having a line of females to bed would be a good thing… I haven't had a good night's rest in several cycles. A Krogan can go for a long time without actually needing to sleep. So considering I almost passed out two days ago, a vacation was needed. Thus I snuck over to Chanka Starport, and hitched a ride to the Citadel Starport. I left a note saying I was going on a temporary vacation. Hopefully someone reads it.

The deal I made with Commander True still weighs on my conscience sometimes. It may have saved our race, but it also put us under the thumb of a machine ruler. Luckily, everything that happens on Tachanka is Krogan territory according to Commander True. I glared at the roaming Envoy Drone that the Commander uses to talk to random people on his starports. He had the gall to wave at me and continue talking to some human female.

Heh, if I was on the Chanka Starport I'd be the center of attention. Here, I am a mere passerby. It's honestly quite relaxing. It's funny, at the spot I'm sitting you can look out the window to see the Citadel in all its glory. Honestly, it is amusing how Commander True considers these Starports as mere space stations, meanwhile the Asari and Hanar practically worship the Citadel as the Galactic Center. After the Commander started messing around in full force, crushing the Batarians in mere days. Well, the Citadel basically fell apart as they kept trying to antagonize the Commander, while the respective governments behind the Citadel absolutely refused to wage war against them.

To this day, no one knows why the Asari gifted the Destiny Ascension to the Commander. The Asari themselves refuse to comment, and the Asari citizens know nothing. Currently the assumption is that it is some sort of apology gift. Everyone is trying to figure out how exactly the Asari offended the Commander, but neither will tell anyone anything regarding the gift. So, all we got is theory crafting. It wasn't the secret Prothean Archive that the Asari were hiding, as it was revealed to the public a few months ago.

Someone took a seat next to me, a human. Wearing a uniform with a large seven. They requested that abomination that they call coke. I huffed. "Human, you're at a bar, why not get drunk."

They chuckled. "Nah, haven't drunk in three years, don't plan to start again now." They bared their teeth, it took me a moment to remember that they aren't issuing a challenge. How much ryncol have I drunk? Not enough if I can still think this logically.

"So what's your story Krogan?"

I glanced back at the human. "Wrex. My name is Wrex."

"Ah, Shepard. My names Shepard."

— Second Person POV

By the end of the night, Wrex was clinging to Sheperd and telling old stories. Commander Shepard looked pleadingly at the Drone that recommended he come over and talk to Emperor Urdnot Wrex. Shepard didn't even know till Wrex let it slip. This meant Shepard couldn't just leave the Krogan it may cause a diplomatic incident. Thus Shepard was dragged into the Krogan Emperors shenanigans.

In the end Shepard was dragged into the simulator rooms by the Krogan Emperor, and had to fight some "KROGAN RECOMMENDED" scenarios. He never wanted to experience Thresher Maw Rodeo ever again.

I can already feel the shipping train leaving and it has Wrex and Shepard written all over it with 30 tons of C4 heading straight for the Citadel's metaphorical buthole.

wrex x shepard is a fav shipping of mine so id be good with it. nice chapter

18, Steamverse
[Commander True Ranks =Protector[Red], Defender[Blue], Sentry[Yellow], Warden[Purple], Elite Protector [Orange], Master Defender [Black], Guardian [White],True Guardian[Green]]

Engaging Railspace…

Systems nominal.

Preparing to cross railspace.

Igniting Rails.

Impact.

I blinked, as the multiversal transference completed. I looked at my fellow bots. We were all Commander True. Individual instead of a hivemind. Our mind could be transferred to the Train at any time. Instead of ships, we had to make a train that solely used the rails in order to prevent the destruction of materials that cross universes. The me back home is working on fixing it, but we are tasked with setting up this universe.

Originally we thought we could choose the time we can insert. There was a slight problem with that though. There is no way to tell when a time 'starts'. There is no beginning of a timeline in a universe. But we can find their end.

"Master Defender, Crossdimensional multiversal travel is a success. Lights are green."

I glanced at the Master Defender that was designated for this mission. We were all technically the same person, so it was mostly arbitrary positions. Regardless, it kept things organized. I myself am a Protector. There were three thousand of us on board this initial train. Eight hundred are here to build the Interdimensional Train Station. Otherwise known as the ITS. Or IT Station.

"Radar, any hostiles?" The Master Defender spoke up, we all honestly looked like an off-brand version of Isaac's Armor from Dead Space. With different colors representing each rank. On our faces instead of the lines, was a diamond in our color. Protectors have red accents, Defenders have blue accents, Sentries have yellow accents, Wardens have purple accents, Master Defenders have black accents, Guardians have white accents, and True Guardians have green accents as well as being basically hiveminds.

"None detected or observed. Landing site is clear."

It also acted as a camera for us to actually see. We could technically survive without our head, basically our head and heart can operate the body independently of each other, but if both are destroyed our bodies collapse with no one to actually pilot them.

"Keep observation up. Navigation, let's start mapping out a location for us to set up the station."

Something interesting is that we are actually battery powered, we can last up to three thousand years before our batteries die. Less if we are draining more power than we need.

"Protector Mori."

I blinked in attention. "Yes, Master Defender?"

"Go and tell Warden Luthor and Warden Ben that Guardian Omar is requesting their presence in the war room. Protector Wire!"

"Yes Sir!" The other Protector beside me salutes.

"You are tasked with informing Elite Protector Vegeta to report to the war room. Dismissed Protectors."

I finished my salute and walked off. If he said ASAP I would have to hurry, but I could walk for now.

Protectors made up most of the people on the train. I'd have to get to central to get a hold of the Wardens.

The first system we found that we could use was practically uninhabitable. Which was the goal. The star of this system was just hot enough to overheat most spacecraft, it wouldn't take long for most ships to melt, but we were able to offload the heat well enough to make setting up in a region like this a breeze. Thus we started to construct the IS Station. It would allow us to make our way into this universe. Our goal isn't to conquer, even if we are preparing for such an event.

We dubbed this system, the First Station. Yeah, we didn't bother being creative. We would rename it if it exported something unique. The station in the Mass Effect Universe was called Eezo Station. Since in the future it would be mainly exporting Element Zero to other universes.

Anyways, when the system is fully set up for constant transit between our universe and this one, we plan on exploring this universe and learning new technologies. Hopefully. We aren't sure if we inserted into a good time or not. Our goal was to arrive somewhere around 2120, give or take a few years. Later it would get more precise. Most fictional universes have their action start around WW1, so eventually we are going to start aiming for the 1900s.

Although, I suppose I don't really need to worry about that. My new name is Mori. Protector is my title. I don't know if I'll be stuck as a Protector or not. Maybe one day I'll move up the ranks. Or retire. Service time is thirty years, wish me luck mind reader. Course there is always the chance no one is listening to my mind and all this monologuing is for nothing.

Well, it's better to monologue than get bored, currently I'm just protecting the Engineers. Keeping an eye out for danger and all that. I wonder how long I'll have to wait till something interesting will happen? I heard that the game network will be up soon so we can have something to do in our off time. Maybe I should start another modded minecraft save?

Hmm.

Well. I can't say things are boring anymore. I joined the first Explorator to venture into the galaxy.

And judging by the fleet of golden… boats? Wait a moment. I wish I was on the bridge right now, cause my curiosity is burning. I can only observe through my window. How are they even breathing? Well then, they are now firing on us.

I just got my orders. It's time to board us some Golden Ships.

It took a few minutes for us to land on the ship. The Droppods impacted the bridge of the leading golden ship. Stepping out onto the massive deck. The inner parts of the ship obviously being made of wood was of massive interest to me. Regardless, I have to focus on the task at hand. Current objective, Capture everyone. The resident aliens reminded me a lot of Kobolds, they were small, armored in some sort of brass and iron alloy.

Regardless, they were quite easy to deal with. Our greater size gave us longer reach than their short swords, and their guns were extremely weak. Didn't have a translation yet, but we had practically captured all members of the crew in this ship in only ten minutes. The other protectors and I were having a really hard time not patting the heads of the adorable Kobold like aliens. They looked kind of like a tiny labrador when they were glaring at us. Simply adorable. Still, they did try to kill us on sight, so we gotta figure out why.

Hopefully this doesn't end up with a genocidal war. I can kill cute aliens, but I'd really rather not. What I'm trying to figure out is if we are in a fictional franchise we know of or not. My analysis suite isn't giving me much to work with. They channeled steam through these crystal tubes made out of unknown material, which is causing several anomalous effects, such as a breathable atmosphere, gravity, and wind propulsion. There is also a dimensional drive located on the aft of the ship that is most definitely some form of FTL.

The Science Team was going to have a field day with this stuff. Huh… I wonder if this rampant cloning of Commander True's mind will stab us all in the back? Nah. If something happens we can handle it.

Whistling noise.

Huh, what's that? I go investigate the sound, scanning is showing that pressure is building in the pipes. This is bad. If those burst, the alien kobold creatures are dead. I alert the network. Suddenly we are all bustling, scanners on full as we try to figure out how to relieve the pressure.

Then I look to the back of the ship, and Warden Mark is touching the big button on the middle of the wheel. I barely grab on to the ship in time as the ship jumps forward. Glancing back I see only twenty of the two hundred Protectors managed to grab onto something before we jumped into FTL. The Kobold-like creatures were still tied down, somehow the air was still breathable despite the massive boost in speed. It's then I noticed the small holes in the wood and the shoes of the kobolds were spiked. If you're prepared this sudden jump likely won't cause trouble. It was the surprise that pushed us off the ship, not the act itself.

Regardless, I deployed my snow spikes on my feet. Now I know why the movements of the Kobolds were so awkward in comparison to our own. I networked with the other nineteen Protectors. Only the bottom ranks survived, that is funny.

I glanced out into this universe's version of FTL. We were quite literally riding waves. They were cyan blue, with red lines sticking out from the bottom. I'm pretty sure I just saw a school of fish scatter. I shook my head and made my way to the steering wheel of the ship. It was flying back and forth out of control. I pulled back on it, feeling the gears shift with my vibration sensor, as we exited out of the sea. I blinked, as panic settled in. Because we were about to crash straight into a mountain.

Rotating the wheel to the right I barely avoided sending us into an early grave. Then I realized one thing, we were still descending and we were most definitely going to crash. I could hear the mast and sails breaking.

If I'm going to crash, I'm going to make it the safest crash possible.

Trees. I need to crash into trees. Water isn't an option.

I start to skip on the wind, angling the ship so we start to lose speed. My internal scanning suite was working overtime. The survival chance percentage is going up.

My visors display had a grin, as I looked at the ninety percent chance of survival.

I glance back at the trees I'm going to hit. Hopefully those Kobolds are tied up well. Because this is going to be one hell of a landing.

Last edited:
When i read the title of the chapter the first thing to cone to mind was the animated movie Steamboy. After reading the chapter i was confused at where or what this was

Users who are viewing this thread

Back